REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #251
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
Educated people watch CNN I guess while the others watch Fox...

Advertisement
JaPoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #252
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
I don't know why but while I was watching the presidential election a few days ago, I could only think of Obama when he went to eat at Five Guys

Then I just got hungry for a Five Guys burger haha.

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #253
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
or this.
i want a burger now LLOL
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #254
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
edited this article out. It's already been posted somewhere within these pages. Sorry.

Last edited by parm104; 11-11-2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: repost
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #255
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Citizens from now 22 states file petitions to secede from The Union
Quote:
As a result of Tuesday's election, Americans in 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States, Regina Conley reported at Red Alert Politics on Saturday.

So far, she says, residents in Louisiana, Texas, Kentucky, Colorado, New Jersey and ten other states, have filed petitions at the White House petition site requesting secession. A petition for New York to secede was file by "C R" of Grand Forks, North Dakota on Saturday.

Examiner's Sheila Carroll says those other states include Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Oregon.

On November 7, the day after the election, "Michael E" from Slidell, Louisiana, filed a petition at the White House "We the People" site, requesting that Louisiana be allowed to secede.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation," the petition reads, quoting the Declaration of Independence.

As of this writing, the petition has 8.162 signatures and needs 16,838 to reach a goal of 25,000.

On Friday, a Texas resident created a petition to secede in order to protect the standard of living Texans now enjoy.

"The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government," the petition reads.

As of this writing, that petition had 5,289 signatures.

The Oregon petition, started Saturday by "Kristopher W" of Tillamook, Oregon, wants the state to remain an ally of the United States and possibly vote to rejoin the Union once "the citizens of Oregon felt the Federal Government was no longer imposing" what it calls a tyrannical government that cares nothing about the future of Oregon's children."

Petitions on the White House site have 30 days to reach a threshold of 25,000 signatures.

"While these petitions serve more to make a point than to present a serious proposition, they are a physical symbol of the deep resentment for the direction in which the United States is moving under the Obama administration," Conley added.

Update: Citizens in four more states have filed petitions at the White House web site, bringing the total to 19.

Update 2: Citizens in Arizona, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania have also filed petitions, bringing the number up to 22.
Sauce: Citizens in 15 states file petitions to secede from United States - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #256
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by european View Post
I don't know why but while I was watching the presidential election a few days ago, I could only think of Obama when he went to eat at Five Guys
oh my goodness..oh my damn
they going ham

dayumn...dayumn dayumnn!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #257
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
People and their silly petitions.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #258

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
"While these petitions serve more to make a point than to present a serious proposition, they are a physical symbol of the deep resentment for the direction in which the United States is moving under the Obama administration," Conley added.
More importantly, they are a physical symbol of the level of whiners and sore losers the US has become, and how many of them think "democracy" means "I get MY way, and if I don't get MY way, then there's something wrong with the whole system."

BTW, the idiots who trot out the "popular vote" argument need to look at the numbers: according to numbers NBC reported today, Obama is at 62,263,068 votes, Romney at 58,895,290, with 99% of votes counted.

So suck it up, America. The majority has spoken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 11-12-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #259
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
Continuing the series of hilarious news articles following the election:

Quote:
PHOENIX — An Arizona woman, in despair at the re-election of Democratic President Barack Obama, ran down her husband with the family car in suburban Phoenix on Saturday because he failed to vote in the election, police said on Monday.

Holly Solomon, 28, was arrested after running over husband Daniel Solomon following a wild chase that left him pinned underneath the vehicle.
Holly Solomon runs down husband because he failed to vote and let Obama to win | News | National Post
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #260
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

not sure if this belongs here or it's own thread but I found this made me luls

Disappearing Romney: Watch Mitt Romney's Facebook Likes Decrease in Real Time
Old 11-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #261
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
ouch

Mitt Romney Shuts Off Campaign Credit Cards After Concession Speech, Staff Stranded

first thing that came to mind is don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #262

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgman View Post
not sure if this belongs here or it's own thread but I found this made me luls

Disappearing Romney: Watch Mitt Romney's Facebook Likes Decrease in Real Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
ouch

Mitt Romney Shuts Off Campaign Credit Cards After Concession Speech, Staff Stranded

first thing that came to mind is don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Both fucked up, in completely opposite ways...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #263
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Nothing terribly surprising, but interesting nonetheless.

MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #264
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Nothing terribly surprising, but interesting nonetheless.

Whenever you post an image here, they are tiny.. I don't know if it's just me, but clicking on them only brings me to a thumbnail as well

I recommend Imgur as an image host. Very simple interface, doesn't fuck with images, very few ads
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #265
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
^Works fine for me.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #266
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,539 Times in 1,155 Posts
works fine for me, click on the image and mouse over should have a magnify glass. click again and it'll be full size
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #267
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Nope, when I click the image it brings me to this link

http://s10.postimage.org/geoid4b9l/m...f_popup_v2.jpg
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #268
The Lone Wanderator

Old but good--just found it 'cause I've been on a Maher kick.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #269
The Lone Wanderator

I realize the thread is about the election, but this was too fucking ridiculous to not post:

Quote:
Senate Hits New Low as Mitch McConnell Filibusters Himself

Democrats and Republicans in the Senate are still at war over the oncoming "fiscal cliff" — a term used to describe the combination of tax increases and spending cuts set to go into effect on Jan. 1 — because they are children. Neither side wants to see the American economy fly off the so-called "cliff," and something is going to be done about it before the end of the year so that we don't get kicked into another recession (which is exactly the situation that played itself out with the debt ceiling). Of course, the Senate can't work on a gravely crucial agreement without self-important grandstanding and petty political posturing. Which brings us to Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell, the esteemed elderly turtle from Kentucky.

Today, McConnell proposed a vote to majority leader Harry Reid on a bill that would allow President Barack Obama to lift the debt ceiling and avoid the fiscal cliff unless two-thirds of Congress voted to stop him. McConnell — who last year called a similar proposal a "last-choice option" — was trying to prove that the Democrats wouldn't agree to a vote on a bill to give the President that power because they can't muster enough votes for it to pass, thus weakening the President's stance on the fiscal cliff. Unfortunately for McConnell, Reid was like, "uh, okay," and called for an up-or-down vote on the Senate floor.

McConnell, of course, had no intention of taking a vote, which is why he called for it in the first place. This led to the stunning sight of McConnell, one of the most powerful Republicans in Washington (nominally, anyway), filibustering his own bill and, in turn, himself. This is what Reid had to say on the Senate floor after all this nonsense went down.
Quote:
"What we have here is a case of the Republicans here in the Senate once again not taking yes for an answer," Reid said. "This morning the Republican leader asked consent to have a vote on his proposal. Just now I told everyone we're willing to have that vote, an up-or-down vote, and now the Republican leader objects to his own idea, so I guess we have a filibuster of his own bill."
with Reid incredulously objecting to McConnell's cowering original objection, and McConnell objecting back, because the Senate is just really stupid.

Unfortunately, for Mitch McConnell, he isn't actually a turtle, he just plays on one TV. If he was, he could've stuck his head back into his shell, rolled over and played dead. Unfortunately for you and me — people that would actually be severely affected by a major tax increase and cuts to social programs — this is the kind of shit that happens in Washington when it's time for things to actually get done.