REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Massacre at Elementary School in USA (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677925-massacre-elementary-school-usa.html)

pastarocket 12-14-2012 01:09 PM

This scumbag kills himself to avoid the punishment from the justice system. What a coward! -to kill school children, the school principal, and his own parents and to get away with it.

-most heartbreaking news that I've heard all year. :cry:

shenmecar 12-14-2012 01:16 PM

this is depressing. Poor kids. Rip. =(
Posted via RS Mobile

dark0821 12-14-2012 01:21 PM

rip... came home to read about this.... sigh

Gumby 12-14-2012 01:24 PM

Disgusting... feels extra bad when you're a parent.

jepho 12-14-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8106983)
This scumbag kills himself to avoid the punishment from the justice system. What a coward! -to kill school children, the school principal, and his own parents and to get away with it.

true but i'd rather a person like this be dead right away then go through the legal system and eat up my tax dollars then have him sit in jail and have my tax dollars going to support his daily life. And if it we here he would be released in 10 years anyways.

Hes dead, one less fucking idiot around.

gilly 12-14-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:
She said: 'I was one of the first there and they were bringing children out, carrying them out. One girl came out and her face was covered in blood and she had bits of meat from other people in her hair. It was terrible.

Sandy Hook elementary shooting: 29 dead including 22 children at Connecticut school | Mail Online

hotshot1 12-14-2012 01:57 PM

I bet there's gonna be outrage about gun control again, which I think is skirting the real issue: Mental health. How did it get to the point where he wanted to and followed through with his plans to kill people? It couldn't have been a spontaneous act. Maybe it was, I don't know all the facts, but I doubt he woke up today and decided he was going to do what he did. He was obviously mentally ill. Did he not have the support from school/family/etc.? Was he neglected?

If there were no guns, he would have found another way to kill - case in point the China story. They have very few guns there but the weapon of choice turned to machetes. Maybe guns need to be regulated more tightly but in the States the general feeling is that it's in the Constitution and that if the government takes away the right to protect yourself and your property, the government is infringing on your freedom.

snails 12-14-2012 02:00 PM

i vote for death penalty! no wasting time or money on the sick fucks in the world... they want to kill or hard others they deserve to be harmed and killed themselves.

TheKingdom2000 12-14-2012 02:03 PM

if they had open carry laws, would any teacher actually do this?
Maybe they should allow the principal to carry a gun in a safe in his office, provided he is trained?
I don't know, but I just don't want this to happen again. Worst news ever.
Posted via RS Mobile

hotong 12-14-2012 02:08 PM

Lomac 12-14-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 8106991)
Disgusting... feels extra bad when you're a parent.

x2

I'm not a parent myself, but I'm pretty damn protective of my best friend's two daughters. I called her up after hearing about this and had her hug the girls for me. I can't imagine what the parents of the victims are going through right now. It's just absolutely terrible.

While part of me is glad that the suspect is dead, the other part was hoping he'd be stuck in a prison's general population. Call prisoners what you will, but when it comes to harming children, even the hardest criminals will band together to teach that person a lesson. To me, I'd be more than happy paying my taxes knowing that he'd be suffering every single day of the rest of his life.

Harvey Specter 12-14-2012 02:15 PM

Very sad and right before xmas, I can't imagine what the parents are going through. :(

And on the topic of gun control...people need to be less focused on making the gun laws stricter and need to focus on mental illness and programs that need to be provided to people. We continue to cut budgets for mental illness, shutdown institutions that provide help so the result is you have all these people roaming our streets without any help. I'm a strong believer that strict gun laws will accomplish nothing, anyone who has a death wish will obtain guns no matter how tough it is, if they can't get guns they'll use other weapons like knives.

Akinari 12-14-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Lanza is believed to have been carrying four weapons including two handguns and a rifle and was wearing a bullet-proof vest and black military gear.
Three guns were found at the scene - a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols - and a .223-caliber rifle.
America, Y U DO THIS TO YOURSELF?! :fulloffuck:

Quote:

Alberta Bajraliu 41, got a call from a friend who heard a gunshot at the school and told her to check it out.
Mrs Alberta's nine-year-old daughter Venesa was at the school but her two other children are not.
She said: 'I was one of the first there and they were bringing children out, carrying them out. One girl came out and her face was covered in blood and she had bits of meat from other people in her hair. It was terrible.
Like, I can't even. Seriously, there needs to be some kind of justice.

dachinesedude 12-14-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotshot1 (Post 8107008)
I bet there's gonna be outrage about gun control again, which I think is skirting the real issue: How did it get to the point where he wanted to and followed through with his plans to kill people? It couldn't have been a spontaneous act. Maybe it was, I don't know all the facts, but I doubt he woke up today and decided he was going to do what he did. He was obviously mentally ill. Did he not have the support from school/family/etc.? Was he neglected?

If there were no guns, he would have found another way to kill - case in point the China story. They have very few guns there but the weapon of choice turned to machetes. Maybe guns need to be regulated more tightly but in the States the general feeling is that it's in the Constitution and that if the government takes away the right to protect yourself and your property, the government is infringing on your freedom.

this story = 29 dead
china story = 22 injured

HUGE difference

what's more realistic, getting rid of the mental people or getting rid of their guns?

gun control, like ASAP, there's a reason we dont have public massacres here in canada

RIP

StylinRed 12-14-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8107009)
i vote for death penalty! no wasting time or money on the sick fucks in the world... they want to kill or hard others they deserve to be harmed and killed themselves.

a death penalty actually costs more than to imprison them for lie

Harvey Specter 12-14-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachinesedude (Post 8107022)
this story = 29 dead
china story = 22 injured

HUGE difference

what's more realistic, getting rid of the mental people or getting rid of their guns?

gun control, like ASAP, there's a reason we dont have public massacres here in canada

RIP

Well the problem is America is beyond gun control, there's basically 1 gun for every American so there's no way gun control will work or make a dent into these mass shootings. We need to turn our attention to mental illness which imo needs to be addressed here in Canada and in America.

wasabisashimi 12-14-2012 02:35 PM

Do we have a motive yet? besides the crazy bastard open fire killing his own mom.

G 12-14-2012 02:44 PM

^ He killed his dad before going to the school so it wasn't really targeted at his mom. No motive yet, but apparently he also posted he was gonna do it on 4chan a couple days before or something? I also read he was an honor roll law student or something. Media tends to fuck up information and that's what stopped me from reading more news. Never the less, sad news today. RIP.
Posted via RS Mobile

trd2343 12-14-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

this story = 29 dead
china story = 22 injured

HUGE difference

RIP

Ditto.

Gun control does not prevent incidents like these from happening, but certainly help decide the outcome of these incidents. Injured > Death

LiquidTurbo 12-14-2012 02:56 PM

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Posted via RS Mobile

punkwax 12-14-2012 03:06 PM

Just finished hugging my girls for a solid 60 seconds each as soon as I got home... so sad.

RIP :(

Sushi604 12-14-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8107009)

No.

Yodamaster 12-14-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

this story = 29 dead
china story = 22 injured

HUGE difference

RIP

There are tons of law abiding citizens who have guns in Canada, your point is invalid. The real issue is what caused this guy to snap, and what could have been done to help him before he chose to do this.

We have a superior social service structure for the mentally ill / troubled.

tiger_handheld 12-14-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 8107048)
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Posted via RS Mobile

lets assume you don't have a gun...
i'm going to come to your house and punch you in the face for parking like a dumbass. you get angry and I run out. you chase me down and beat the crap out of me. I learn a valuable lesson and need plastic surgury but i'll live. lets say..

Now lets assume you have a gun kept in your garage...
Same story.. only difference is, you will probably go to the garage, pick up the gun and come after me while shooting. one or two of your shots will probably hit me , and kill me.

so the way i see it, guns enable people to kill other people.

falcon 12-14-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8106983)

I'd hardly call being dead "getting away with it"... but whatever.