REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #201
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If you've been paying attention during the last console generation, what people say on the internet has little bearing on what happens in real life.

It's one thing for you to ignore what some schmuck on some blog writes, but when you got a room consisting of today's gaming professionals and elite, and they all have a singular reaction.... for you to ignore that and brush it off like it's no matter ?

but I'm not even a gamer, hell I'm not even qualified to really have an opinion on this new age shit they're doing nowadays, I owned one game on the life cycle of my PS3 and it was Gran Turismo...
but I will tell you this one thing, the last time I was a gamer was when N64 ruled.... and I grew up in the SNES Super Mario World era, and I don't think what I'm about to say sounds arrogant at all, I consider myself a true legitimate gamer almost solely based on the fact that I grew up in the golden age of video gaming, a time where almost all the rules were written by that generation

so as a child of that generation, when my gut reaction tells me something stinks, I arrogantly oblige it, I really don't hold much regard of today's core video gamers, it's hard too when the their world revolves around running around with a gun and shooting things... that's the last guy I'll let lecture me on the future of gaming, a soulless quick scoping, button clicking robot

i'm the guy stuck in the old school, but you sound like due to your bias you're the one heavily ignoring what seems to be common sense on this subject
Advertisement

Last edited by G-spec; 06-10-2013 at 08:39 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #202
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Pricing is excellent
now...

When will bigbox stores open up pre-order
looks like the guys at futureshop/bestbuy didnt stay in the office to put the playstation preorder up but amazon.com has pre-orders open
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #203
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,462 Times in 992 Posts
not to thrilled at having to be a ps plus subscriber to play multiplayer.
i only play a handful of games (5-10) per year, only a few of which i would need online for, and so thats actually not super worth it for me.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #204

^^^^ think skinny wrote an article about how the $5 for ps plus is worth a lot more since you get free games

looks like that $399 price doesn't include the PSEye that will cost $59

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130611a_e.pdf

Last edited by StylinRed; 06-10-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #205
RS controls my life!

So I assume you need the disc in the Playstation to play the game?

Good on Sony, that's the way it should be.
A-Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #206
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,842 Times in 8,204 Posts
Requiring people to buy the PS Eye will make it irrelevant, that's for sure
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #207
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
ps4 FOR THE FUCKING WIN
Old 06-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
It's one thing for you to ignore what some schmuck on some blog writes, but when you got a room consisting of today's gaming professionals and elite, and they all have a singular reaction.... for you to ignore that and brush it off like it's no matter ?

but I'm not even a gamer, hell I'm not even qualified to really have an opinion on this new age shit they're doing nowadays, I owned one game on the life cycle of my PS3 and it was Gran Turismo...
but I will tell you this one thing, the last time I was a gamer was when N64 ruled.... and I grew up in the SNES Super Mario World era, and I don't think what I'm about to say sounds arrogant at all, I consider myself a true legitimate gamer almost solely based on the fact that I grew up in the golden age of video gaming, a time where almost all the rules were written by that generation

so as a child of that generation, when my gut reaction tells me something stinks, I arrogantly oblige it, I really don't hold much regard of today's core video gamers, it's hard too when the their world revolves around running around with a gun and shooting things... that's the last guy I'll let lecture me on the future of gaming, a soulless quick scoping, button clicking robot

i'm the guy stuck in the old school, but you sound like due to your bias you're the one heavily ignoring what seems to be common sense on this subject
I'm brushing it off because it has yet to be proven. People have been getting mad about shit on the internet FOREVER. It's part of the internet. But it almost NEVER has anything to do with actual reality. SOMETIMES it does - and it may here. The point is, we don't know.

My only point is that there is NO REASON to join in on the hysteria. If YOU don't like disc based DRM, then don't buy it. That's it. It's that simple. Make your own choice based on your own needs. Joining in on the hysteria, posting links to people and bloggers yelling their heads off is pointless and irrelevant.

It's like what I said before when people were saying shit about DRM - rightfully so if they disagree with it - but at the same time assuming Sony wouldn't do the same. In the past, Sony was INSANE with DRM. Do you not remember that they would actually put rootkit viruses on their CD's? In the end they didn't do it, but it was stupid to assume that they wouldn't. Or that they would. All I ever said was wait and see.

So if I have a 'bias' it is towards logic and reality. If that's an issue for you, fine by me, keep getting mad.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #209
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
saw this comment on one of the blogs:

"if this was real life, Microsoft could press charges against Sony right now, because that was rape"
Old 06-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #210
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
launch titles seem decent

I can see why they designed it flat on top so those with AV/HT goodies isn't limited to stacking the PS4 on top

I'm curious if PSN is going to be tiered now that it's obtainable for few bucks a month...like a PSN Gold for streaming the PS3 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Curious how majority of 4K video content will be delivered if it only supports BD 6x...only feasible option I see BDXL which i hope the PS4 can support.

Can't believe the new Eye doesn't support Full HD...I hope they allow backwards compat like how PS3 supported PS2 EyeToy

I also want them to finalize the CPU clock speed...last rumour i recall is 1.8GHz
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #211
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,228 Posts
Microsoft really just made it too easy for Sony to not capitalize on the whole DRM thing. Honestly nothing they showed in their press conference wowed me, but all anyone took away from it was "you can buy used games, and don't need an Internet connection". Who knows what will happen, XBox still has their core fans who will buy it just because it says XBox on it, plus all the people who don't read shit online and have no idea what the fuck is going on.

There will be lots of people who won't realize they can't borrow a game until they already bought the damn thing.
Posted via RS Mobile
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Curious how majority of 4K video content will be delivered if it only supports BD 6x...only feasible option I see BDXL which i hope the PS4 can support.
well the standards for delivering 4K hasn't been finalized but its assumed that it will be BDXL and the new h.265? codec it would be nice if the bd drive in the ps4 supports BDXL wish they would indicate that in the stats -_-

I was hoping to hear them talk about 4K content but ah well they have said they're planning on streaming 4K content initially probably because it will be an extremely niche product at first since 4K sets are $$$$$

Quote:
Can't believe the new Eye doesn't support Full HD...I hope they allow backwards compat like how PS3 supported PS2 EyeToy
didn't notice that, wow 1280x800 x2 not bad i guess as long as the PQ is excellent
Old 06-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #213

Quote:
I'm brushing it off because it has yet to be proven. People have been getting mad about shit on the internet FOREVER. It's part of the internet. But it almost NEVER has anything to do with actual reality. SOMETIMES it does - and it may here. The point is, we don't know.

My only point is that there is NO REASON to join in on the hysteria. If YOU don't like disc based DRM, then don't buy it. That's it. It's that simple. Make your own choice based on your own needs. Joining in on the hysteria, posting links to people and bloggers yelling their heads off is pointless and irrelevant.

It's like what I said before when people were saying shit about DRM - rightfully so if they disagree with it - but at the same time assuming Sony wouldn't do the same. In the past, Sony was INSANE with DRM. Do you not remember that they would actually put rootkit viruses on their CD's? In the end they didn't do it, but it was stupid to assume that they wouldn't. Or that they would. All I ever said was wait and see.

So if I have a 'bias' it is towards logic and reality. If that's an issue for you, fine by me, keep getting mad.

You either keep missing the actual point I've been trying to make, or you choose to ignore it because you don't know how to respond.
I've mentioned more than once that I wasn't bagging specifically on DRM, it was the whole shitlist basically I spoke against, the concept of invasion of privacy, restrictive rules that limit what is and has been the norm for a long time, that's what people are pissed off about.... yet you keep going back and forth with me about DRM
It's the whole concept of invasion of privacy, that's what I'm bringing into the discussion, it's what people have been up in arms about for a long time now with what all these tech companies are doing and Microsoft was the latest. I'm of the opinion that there's already enough aspects of the world we live in that are fcking with us in that sense, we don't need our video game systems to be one of them, it's our one escape from reality.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #214

You're right, I don't get the point you're trying to make. When you use knowingly vague terms like "invasion of privacy" you are submitting nothing more than logical fallacy. Unless you want to sound like a nut job, you are going to have to define your actual point. How is one console "invading your privacy" more than the other? Or any of the other things you do every day that you might think are private but aren't?

You are talking about this overall concept of "privacy" but you aren't making any actual points.

I can't think of any way the XBox One "invades privacy" more than the PS4 or any other service like Steam, Windows, OSX, iOS, Facebook, Google, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. If you are using any of these, you are giving up your privacy in many ways. Just by using Revscene (or any other forum) people can know about you in many ways - where you live (like specifically), what you like to do, how much you make, what kind of shoes you wear, etc. Anything you ever type before hitting "submit" is now out in the open for everyone to see. Without ever meeting you, someone could take this information and know you as well as any acquaintance you ever meet.

Check the script - if you don't like it you better hang out with Charles in Charge some more.

Unless you specify exactly what you mean by 'invasion of privacy'... like are you worried about Kinect spying on you or something? Because if so I just wasted time writing that, and you are just retarded and not worth responding to at all. Because that would be some crazy ass conspiracy bullshit.

Not saying you do think that. I don't know what you think since you haven't said.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #215
Resident Bullshitter

Nothing too interesting with the PS4 at launch... none of their exclusives are even appealing to me.
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #216
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Just pre-ordered!

PlayStation 4 Console : PS4 Consoles - Future Shop
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #217
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I didn't see the PC so I'm missing out on what was said; I'll try to watch it on my day off this week.

Anyway, what I'm hoping (from the screenshot on the last page) is that this "Immersive Multiplayer" is more focused on the sharing and streaming side, while being able to just play online is still free.

Other than that, the price point along with the fact you can still share physical copies pretty much just ended any interest in Microsoft for me.
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #218
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,228 Posts
What exactly are the uses for the PSeye? Is it like a playstation move type thing or will it actually have a use people might actually want to shell out money for?
Posted via RS Mobile
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #219
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogenfruz View Post
Anyway, what I'm hoping (from the screenshot on the last page) is that this "Immersive Multiplayer" is more focused on the sharing and streaming side, while being able to just play online is still free.
it's the opposite

streaming (netflix) and presumably friends, store etc are all free.
playing multiplayer isn't
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #220
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Preordered one on bestbuy. I'm 100% certain this will sell out.
kingdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #221

Quote:
You're right, I don't get the point you're trying to make. When you use knowingly vague terms like "invasion of privacy" you are submitting nothing more than logical fallacy. Unless you want to sound like a nut job, you are going to have to define your actual point. How is one console "invading your privacy" more than the other? Or any of the other things you do every day that you might think are private but aren't?

You are talking about this overall concept of "privacy" but you aren't making any actual points.

I can't think of any way the XBox One "invades privacy" more than the PS4 or any other service like Steam, Windows, OSX, iOS, Facebook, Google, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. If you are using any of these, you are giving up your privacy in many ways. Just by using Revscene (or any other forum) people can know about you in many ways - where you live (like specifically), what you like to do, how much you make, what kind of shoes you wear, etc. Anything you ever type before hitting "submit" is now out in the open for everyone to see. Without ever meeting you, someone could take this information and know you as well as any acquaintance you ever meet.

Check the script - if you don't like it you better hang out with Charles in Charge some more.

Unless you specify exactly what you mean by 'invasion of privacy'... like are you worried about Kinect spying on you or something? Because if so I just wasted time writing that, and you are just retarded and not worth responding to at all. Because that would be some crazy ass conspiracy bullshit.

Not saying you do think that. I don't know what you think since you haven't said.

The bare bones of my argument even in the Xbox thread was companies switching up the basics from working in the way they have in the past, and on top of that bringing up other other issues to do with things like privacy etc.... all of these companies like Apple, Google, etc.. have been in hot water for it.... There is nothing more self explanatory than that, I don't need to go into details we all know what it's about, you're a fckin tech geek so don't sit there in the corner and pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.

You know my point by now, and you know that you can't really argue against that, because you would be arguing against each and every one of those people that cheered so loudly at the Sony press conference when Sony announced what they did. So now you're just trying to get into specifics in order to argue further, and I'm not buyin it, I really thought you being a tech geek you would have something relevant to discuss instead of resorting emotional responses and basically calling me a troll to get the last word, enjoy your last word you can have it
Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #222

Quote:
I don't need to go into details we all know what it's about

You know my point by now, and you know that you can't really argue against that
This is what I don't get... you keep telling me that I "don't get it" and that I "should get it" because I'm into tech stuff.

Well I told you twice now, I don't get it. I don't get what you are mad about with Xbox One. I don't get how they "invade your privacy" while the PS4 doesn't. I don't get why you think people cheering for a system with a $399 price tag is this amazing thing that somehow 'defeats' your 'foe' because.. so that $100 you save (btw if you want full features you still need to spend $50 for a year of PS+ and $60 on a camera) somehow doesn't 'invade your privacy'?

As a 'tech geek' I know all about the issues with privacy. I'm the one who pointed them out to you. What I don't know is why you think the Xbox One "invades your privacy" in some way that is different from all the other services, enough for you to add to the pro Sony hysteria?

Quote:
resorting emotional responses and basically calling me a troll to get the last word, enjoy your last word you can have it
You think I am responding emotionally? All I am doing is trying to figure out the logic behind your statements. If you want to 'give me the last word' you are basically saying you had no point to begin with. As illogical as it is to hug the nuts of one company over another, it is perfectly normal. Just don't pretend that's not what you're doing. You can be a fan of Sony, just don't add to the idiotic hysteria of 'privacy issues' that don't exist. Especially when the company you do support has a wretched history of privacy, including installing root kits on peoples computers. Unlike any Kinect conspiracies, that is a real thing that actually happened. I'm not saying PS4 will do the same, I am just saying if you have an issue with privacy on one console, you better think twice about the other.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #223

More info coming out on the apparently non-existent DRM on the PS4

PlayStation 4 third-party publishers can dictate their own DRM terms, Tretton says | Polygon
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #224
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,199 Times in 2,278 Posts
Quote:
More info coming out on the apparently non-existent DRM on the PS4

PlayStation 4 third-party publishers can dictate their own DRM terms, Tretton says | Polygon
And i'm OK with this..if its something like EA's online pass

whatever it is, I actually want a PS4 to continue my collection of playstations
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
And i'm OK with this..if its something like EA's online pass

whatever it is, I actually want a PS4 to continue my collection of playstations
Yeah as long as they can't actually do a 24 hour check like Xbone or something...

It sucks that this info just trickles out little by little