REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 11-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #376
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,235 Times in 3,295 Posts
regarding COD ghosts the xb1 is 720p and the ps4 is 1080p and i think 60fps but according to reviews the PS4 drops frames

and from what i read it's not because the xbox1/ps4 sucks its that the developers were developing based on "theoretical numbers" and microsoft had changed their specs a couple times throughout development of the game and the COD developers were unable to apply the latest specs in time (somewhat similar issue for the ps4)

but i've no clue myself just googled that :P
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #377
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 18,272 Times in 5,594 Posts
Yeah the developers had a very specific target in mind, and it ended up not being accurate.. It says more about the developers than the hardware though, as we'll see eventually. Especially when you consider that COD Ghosts looks like a 2008 era game on both consoles
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #378
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,061 Posts
I wanted to buy Killzone and possibly an extra controller before launch day just incase they get sold out and im SOL for games.

Looks like I'll have to wait for launch day to buy Killzone. Unless I preorder
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #379
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,310 Times in 666 Posts
the ps4 controllers that ppl currently have were preorders through amazon, they were shipped out about 2 weeks ago, i think now its launch day controllers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #380
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
games never sell out IMO..

and i think other than Ghost, most people will be shifting their focus for online for BF4

if you do fail to pick up any games for launch.. there is always Warframe.. F2P co op third shooter.. played this at PAX... looks decent.. at least they not charging $60 for it

dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #381
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

anyone know if theres an advantage to buying AC:BF for the PS4. like will it be visually or mechanically better than the PS3 versions?
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
Old 11-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
anyone know if theres an advantage to buying AC:BF for the PS4. like will it be visually or mechanically better than the PS3 versions?
It will look a lot better
Old 11-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #383
Got MOD?

My friend pre ordered online through bestbuy. Got his controller shipped seperstely to him today.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #384
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

The Kinect is the anchor that sinks the Xbox One?s resolution | ExtremeTech

Basically says that Xbox One dedicates 10% of gpu resources to kinect, and that's why games run at lower resolution.
neo_geo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #385

That's because playstation removed their street dates on the controllers and some games so that you'll be able to buy them now there's a few articles about it online some games have had their launch dates moved up too so now they're launch titles (like nfs)

here's one

Sony Has Removed Street Dates From All Of Their PS4 Launch Software
Old 11-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #386
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,296 Times in 2,212 Posts
If you don't plan on buying both consoles, think past launch. Think TitanFall when it comes out. You will probably be kicking yourself...

I love how all the online reviews compare launch titles and PS4 comes out on top cause it comes with all these free games and Killzone and uncharted are launch titles. Yet look forwards only 2 or 3 months farther and you realize PS4 will be completely decimated by the launch of titanfall.

Also like it or not I want to continue to play halo. I have simply invested too much time in that series to not finish the next game. I mean come on the original Halo was the first shooter game I played extensively. I played it on xbox for years before I got halo 2, then I got my 360 and halo 3, and the rest is history... I can't give it up now...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #387

^^^wut?

I'll give titanfall a look on my PC if the reviews are good
Old 11-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #388
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,689 Times in 641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
If you don't plan on buying both consoles, think past launch. Think TitanFall when it comes out. You will probably be kicking yourself...

I love how all the online reviews compare launch titles and PS4 comes out on top cause it comes with all these free games and Killzone and uncharted are launch titles. Yet look forwards only 2 or 3 months farther and you realize PS4 will be completely decimated by the launch of titanfall.

Also like it or not I want to continue to play halo. I have simply invested too much time in that series to not finish the next game. I mean come on the original Halo was the first shooter game I played extensively. I played it on xbox for years before I got halo 2, then I got my 360 and halo 3, and the rest is history... I can't give it up now...
If you're saying to think about future games instead of launch titles, then PS4 is the way to go by far.
Posted via RS Mobile
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #389
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,600 Times in 2,447 Posts
Quote:

You do realize this sounds the exact same as every XBox fanboy before the 360/3 launches right? TitanFall doesn't look like anything special to me, and Halo bores the ever loving shit out of me because it's been basically the same shit for years. Have you played Uncharted? I'd never miss a game like Uncharted to get a couple of FPS games when there's already a tonne of others out there.

Those are just my preferences of course, but thinking the XBox is better just because of Halo is stupid.

(side note: I also made a lot of money fixing the shitty 360 hardware, so unless the 1 proves itself to be better, I'll be staying away from whatever fire hazards MS puts out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #390

Sony Updated their Launch titles

Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment WorldWide Studios Titles

Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Sound Shapes

Third-Party Titles

Angry Birds Star Wars (Activision)
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty Ghosts (Activison)
DC Universe Online (Sony Online Entertainment)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports)
NBA 2K14 (2K Sports)
Need for Speed Rivals (Electronic Arts)
Skylanders SWAP Force (Activision)

Indie Titles

Blacklight Retribution (Zombie Studios)
Contrast (Compulsion Games)
Super Motherload (XGen Studios)
Trine 2: The Complete Story (Frozenbyte)
Warframe (Digital Extremes)
Updated PlayStation 4 Launch Day Game List Adds and Removes a Couple Indie Games | Side Mission | GameTrailers

its good they added Blacklight.. its actually a decent FPS.. and its Free to play as well
Old 11-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #391
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:

Uncharted is a launch title? I don't think it is...

In any case, I went to BB to see if I could pre order Killzone and they said no. WTF. I'm planning on going there after work that friday to pick up the console, I hope they have copies of the game left. I hate calling around to try to find it at other stores. I know I could just download it, and I may have to if I can't find it around the metrotown area. I did see a whackload of controllers and cameras at BB Metro.

edit. just clicked on the "Street Dates" link and they said its available at GameStop which is EB in Canada. I'll call them in a bit to confirm.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Uncharted is a launch title? I don't think it is...

In any case, I went to BB to see if I could pre order Killzone and they said no. WTF. I'm planning on going there after work that friday to pick up the console, I hope they have copies of the game left. I hate calling around to try to find it at other stores. I know I could just download it, and I may have to if I can't find it around the metrotown area. I did see a whackload of controllers and cameras at BB Metro.

edit. just clicked on the "Street Dates" link and they said its available at GameStop which is EB in Canada. I'll call them in a bit to confirm.
All games will be available on the console's online shop
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #393
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
All games will be available on the console's online shop
I guess I can save on the taxes that way, but the reason I like getting hard copies is because I like letting my friends/family borrow games after I'm done playing them, since im usually the first to get them.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #394

i highly doubt killzone or any other ps4 games will sell out to the point their hard to find.. soo many options for games to buy at. BB/FS and EB r the primary stores people go to first...

Target/Zellers, superstore, walmart, london drugs, ncix.. etc.. even shoppers sells video games now too..
Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #395
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,689 Times in 641 Posts
I can't imagine any games selling out when the consoles themselves will only be available in limited quantities.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #396
Need to Shave n Shower, but I CANT STOP POSTING ON RS

Thanked 6,433 Times in 2,724 Posts
Ridge Racer has been a PS launch title the past 3 systems...this is surprising

Quote:
you realize PS4 will be completely decimated by the launch of titanfall.
that's a big claim for a game that's not even exclusive to the X1
I'm curious how much of a difference Microsoft's cloud computing will make...it'll probably still look like dog shit compared to PC doe
I'm not very hopeful given Infinity Ward's response as to why CoD Ghost Xbox One runs on sucha low res
Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #397
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,600 Times in 2,447 Posts
I haven't really looked into it, but does IW use real security yet, or do they still half ass it like everything they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #398
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Oh it's such a perfect day... I'm so glad I spent it with you... ooooh such a perfect day..
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
that's a big claim for a game that's not even exclusive to the X1
I'm curious how much of a difference Microsoft's cloud computing will make...it'll probably still look like dog shit compared to PC doe
I'm not very hopeful given Infinity Ward's response as to why CoD Ghost Xbox One runs on sucha low res

Titanfall is actually indeed a Microsoft exclusive, its a deal EA made with, and Respawn wasnt even aware that it became an exclusive title until the day it was announce.. im pretty sure they would rather go multiplatform

Titanfall Xbox Exclusive for The "Life of The Title" | USgamer

im actually wishing the best for these guys since they were the original Infinity Ward.. they own the Titanfall ip, so if they were to make a sequel, it could go multiplatform
Old 11-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #400

It's MS exclusive on console, but not console exclusive. In other words, there will be a PC version.

And as if they didn't know it would be Xb1 exclusive on console