REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #76
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
From a calm perspective, yes it's fucked up.

But in his perspective, it's the only way to prove his innocence.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the married couple he killed is involved in his case, which stood against him in the BOR hearing.

I think if I was put in the same position, where I got framed and lost everything I ever worked for and dreamed for, and I possess military combat and strategic mind, I would do the same.

A man doesn't simply go on a rampage and kill people for nothing, especially not with his history background and credentials.
Exactly, he got fired for 'false allegations' against a fellow officer. His fellow officer was also his commanding officer and she enjoys beating suspects until they bled. Unfortunately his appeal was denied and he was probably marked in the police database which made finding another police career hard. The suspect who was kicked also had physical evidence of injuries from the beating.

He seems like a man with a strong sense of justice and integrity. But it looks like the LAPD loves to cover each others asses just like the RCMP.

Not condoning what he is doing, but in the end it's still justice to the ones who wronged him. It's pretty much Dorner vs LAPD and family. Heck, the LAPD is more of a threat to public safety if they shot 3 innocent people so far

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...Dorner-Call-Me
Advertisement

Last edited by tarobbt; 02-10-2013 at 09:59 PM.
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #77
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

When a man with such strong sense of morality and justice gets betrayed time and time again by the people who suppose to stand for what he stands for, we get this an intense amount of internal conflict and eventually snapping a good person.

Moral of the story = ??
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #78
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomes View Post
When a man with such strong sense of morality and justice gets betrayed time and time again by the people who suppose to stand for what he stands for, we get this an intense amount of internal conflict and eventually snapping a good person.

Moral of the story = ??
everyone has a breaking point and it doesn't matter how good of a person you are.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #79
RS controls my life!

i believe this man is doing what others would want to do but can't. Sometimes people snap when shit go bad, in his situation, fired for reporting fellow officer that did assault someone. I'd be hella pissed if i was fired for that.

Last edited by SupraTTturbo2jz; 02-11-2013 at 12:30 AM.
SupraTTturbo2jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #80
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
The thing I don't understand is, why didn't the lapd just do the right thing and suspend the girl for excessive force? There was hard evidence that she was guilty. Was it because he's black?

Now the chief or whoever is head of lapd is probably pissed that his department woke a sleeping giant to cover a power tripping bitch who was guilty on the first place.
Posted via RS Mobile
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #81
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
The thing I don't understand is, why didn't the lapd just do the right thing and suspend the girl for excessive force? There was hard evidence that she was guilty. Was it because he's black?

Now the chief or whoever is head of lapd is probably pissed that his department woke a sleeping giant to cover a power tripping bitch who was guilty on the first place.
Posted via RS Mobile
No offense, but you need to open your eyes.

Corruption is everywhere. Why do people lie in general? To cover their asses or their friends.

Its unfortunate but many don't walk a straight line.

And other than the parties involved, we're speculating on whose right/wrong
Posted via RS Mobile
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #82
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Guys a POS plain and simple.

I'm surprised how many people are supporting him. They hate one group so much (LAPD and police in general) that they completely overlook innocent people were killed. Who in their right mind thinks it's OK to murder someone in order to tell your story? Seriously? There have been numerous whistleblowers in history who have brought about change without having to go killing people to get attention.
Posted via RS Mobile

I don't think it's about hating the police. It's about hating people who exploit their jobs and fuck others over in the meantime because they have "authority" to do so. Approach may be extreme, and I don't particularly agree with it, but I can only imagine I understand what he's going through. Sometimes, we go to extremes to prove a point.

You think US bombing a city or starting a war is justified? How many innocents are killed as a "necessary evil"? Same shit, different pile. We as people do as we see fit to prove a point.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #83
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
He argues in the manifesto that the BOR panel and those with an influence in deciding his fate was composed of people who had a conflict of interest. As far as I've read, one was the female officer's former supervisor and another was her former partner (advocate for BOR).

Dorner's main witness (the man who was allegedly kicked) also had a mental illness so there was supposedly credibility issues with his testimony.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:05 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
He argues in the manifesto that the BOR panel and those with an influence in deciding his fate was composed of people who had a conflict of interest. As far as I've read, one was the female officer's former supervisor and another was her former partner (advocate for BOR).

Dorner's main witness (the man who was allegedly kicked) also had a mental illness so there was supposedly credibility issues with his testimony.
It seems like everybody dealing with his case was against him. It's clear that the officers at the BOR was tied in some sort of friend, colleague, supervisor relationship, yet they denied Dorner's request to remove them.

Regardless if the witness had mental illness or not, there were video tapes of the female officer using excessive force by kicking him while he's on the ground, yet the department defends this bitch, making LAPD's name even worse than it is.

What a fucked up city to be living in if you ask me, with the ones you rely on to serve and protect doing shit like this to the citizens.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 AM   #85
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
He seemed like a good guy trying to do the right thing but it's unfortunate the LAPD didn't agree with him and he had to resort to this.

It's pretty unsettling when the people who you rely on to protect you can be as worse as the criminals.

Sorry, just catching up with the story.
Posted via RS Mobile
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #86
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

It looks like what he's doing is working. Every time the LAPD totally and majorly fucks up looking for him in this high profile case, people see it as support to his claims and it invites investigation into their department.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #87
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
$1,000,000 reward... They really want to shut this guy up holy fckkkk! Desperate times LAPD?
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #88
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
they're using Drones to find him
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #89
SB7
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,543 Times in 464 Posts
Lol, somehow I doubt they would actually pay out that 1,000,000. Or would they?
SB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #90
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #91
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
they're using Drones to find him
this is one of the top comments from CNN. quite a long read, but quality post:

Spoiler!
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #92

Americans are retarded. The only terrorists in America is the police and military themselves, deploying drones and shit on their own people.

War on terrorism, war on terrorism, yet they don't see the terrorism is among themselves of their own people.

Freedom, democracy, constitution of rights, are all bullshit to keep the american people from going outrage on their authority. It's the authority sitting outside of these so called rights, laughing at the people who swore their lives on it while they're playing against the rules.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 AM   #93

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Nah it's 1,000,000 reward for information that leads to his CAPTURE. He obviously going to be shot dead if they ever find him. No need to pay the 1 million.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #94
My homepage has been set to RS

this whole things reminds me of the quote from Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight Rises:

"You either die as a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"
boss_clad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #95
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Nope, he's LL Cool J

RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #96
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
stuff happening

CBS News Live Video - CBS News
Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #97
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Wonder if Dorner actually injured those two officers or if it's a result of friendly fire and it's just being pinned on him?

Kinda sad that I have to wonder about that, too...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #98
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Apparently he might have an associate helping him. Imagine if it wasn't him in the mountains

Best hollywood movie in the making
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #99
I bringith the lowerballerith

lmao anyone else watching the cbs live stream and hear the prank caller???
bensta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #100

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
News crews asked to leave. They will execute this guy if he surrenders.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: