REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #1176
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
But what am I thinking? CiC won't listen to science. This is the second time I've come with an explanation in a field I'm an expert in and I can already predict the response will be "Yeah but the Jews used their Jew magic on it!"
Advertisement
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #1177
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,590
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I first saw this on PressTV but the photos werent showing up
Key FBI photo of Dzhokhar shows evidence of Photoshop
Key FBI photo of Dzhokhar shows evidence of Photoshop - 12160
Same article on PressTV PressTV - ?FBI used Photoshop in Boston evidence?

Original photo http://www.letsrun.com/news/wp-conte...-Explosion.jpg
(edit - him holding the backpack has been shopped out... save and zoom on the photo)
I'm quite enjoying the fact that you're failing people with actual photography and photoshop experience for explaining the inconsistencies.

And I have to agree with Ronin. It's compression artifacts, nothing more. The same thing happens with video footage compressed in certain codec shells.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #1178
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,488
Thanked 1,499 Times in 415 Posts
uh wtf. if, and this is a BIG IF, the picture was in fact photoshopped, why would you be really comparing whats in front of him instead of concentrating on the visuals on the back? i dont' see how editing anything in front of him will affect what they wanted to photoshop out.

and do a screen shot of your desktop CiC, and zoom in to the degree it was zoomed in on that picture. i guarantee you will start to see irregularities too.

and your source, its a blog. not sure how legit that can be.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #1179
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,608
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
To hide his hand holding the strap. Irregularities in the brick pattern tells you a lot too.
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #1180
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
radioman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,567
Thanked 3,032 Times in 799 Posts
Man as powerfull as the Zionists are they still manage to make simple mistakes that a 15 year old kid managed to find and write a blog about it.

They might not be as powerful as we first imagined CiC.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #1181
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
To be fair you don't see the same degree of jaggies/etc with those around him also running until you get to those further behind in the crowd and it also looks like a different set of bricks in front of his face; so i can understand why people would point to it and go "OMG PS!"

But I don't think this is significant as said it just seems like typical jpg compression




weird i thought i posted this message but left it without hitting reply
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #1182
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod
 
RacingMetro92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Surrey
Posts: 783
Thanked 269 Times in 126 Posts
Getting logic'd to death by people who pretty much do photography for a living (or work extensively in it) and CiC still tries to prove he's right, WHILE using the very slanted PressTV as a source for an argument. Typical.

Jews invented photography so they can use their magic to hide this evidence and truthers have the "antidote" to reveal it right?
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #1183
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,488
Thanked 1,499 Times in 415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
To hide his hand holding the strap. Irregularities in the brick pattern tells you a lot too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Alright, let me explain this to all the sane people.

The people that run these conspiracy sites don't realize that 1600x1200 is 2MP...pedestrian. That's high res if this was 1998 and we were running on 56k. Zooming in to what looks like at least a 200% or greater crop and you're going to get artifacts.

You notice the EXACT SAME THING happening to the guy in the lower left of the cropped picture? Did they photoshop that completely extraneous guy in as well? Zoom in to other parts of the wall. This is because the picture is compressed (JPEGs are compressed...all of them) and the formula for the compression can't tell the difference between the brick wall and the brick wall with small elements or shadows of the suspect in front of it. It may also be the camera sensor. I won't go into it but a sensor with poor resolution wouldn't be able to pick up those details. It may also be shadows. Look up the term "dynamic range" and why most digital cameras don't have very much of it.

Go ahead and open ANY PHOTO with a busy background like a brick wall and you'll see the same.

Also, let's say you're right...that photo is PS'ed. What you're telling me is that they took a picture of the suspect in front of a wall with smaller bricks but with the same lighting and angle and trying to blend that into a photo with an empty wall of larger bricks which sounds like a pain in the ass...

...rather than do what everyone that's ever used Photoshop would do and mask around the guy, cut him out of the picture and paste him onto the picture you want to doctor.

So not only is it not a photoshop job but if it were, you found the world's best AND worst photoshopper ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
and do a screen shot of your desktop CiC, and zoom in to the degree it was zoomed in on that picture. i guarantee you will start to see irregularities too.

SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #1184
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
I'm going to remove CiC's ability to fail. Because then he'll have to make an actual argument.

I have no issue with him saying whatever he wants but if you're going to post this shit, you have to back it up or you're a troll. He doesn't make any arguments other than we're wrong because we don't agree with his view.

And photoshop has convinced legions of women everywhere that Sarah Jessica Parker is attractive. You'd think the Zionists with their infinite power and resources would be able to hire a better photoshop guy than Cosmopolitan.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #1185
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,590
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
To hide his hand holding the strap. Irregularities in the brick pattern tells you a lot too.
So tell me then, in your own words, exactly why jpeg compression can't be attributed to this. Since you've been failing everyone who argues against it, you obviously have some knowledge that us professionals are unfamiliar with.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #1186
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,386
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
So tell me, then, in your own words exactly why jpeg compression can't be attributed to this. Since you've been failing everyone who argues against it, you obviously have some knowledge that us professionals are unfamiliar with.
Don't you watch CSI or 24? Clearly the government has camera technology that has infinite resolution and thus does not require any type of compression whatsoever and allows them to zoom in and enhance images 1000x in perfect clarity.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #1187
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
By the way, CharlesIsCharge's fail button has been revoked.

He will get it back if one of the following happens:

1. He completes an argument against JPEG compression, sensor dynamic range and resolution capabilities (y'know...science) being the cause of the irregular brick pattern around the suspect.

2. He admits that we're right and that he mistakenly took some moron's non-expert word (guy that wrote it is an Yale Econ grad...not a graphic designer or photo retoucher) as the gospel and that he will find more reliable sources in the future.

If I deem your answer acceptable, I'll even give you a "Victor of Truth" title for a month. But until then, you're just an idiot that believed some dumbass' blog post that cites no references and it isn't even the author's field of expertise. Tell me I'm wrong.

Most photographers are aware of the power of photoshop but the quickest way to tell us how much of a moron you are is if you believe EVERYTHING is photoshopped or fixable in post.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #1188
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,608
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
Ive shown evidence, prove it be otherwise... lets see other photos that re-arrange brick work and significantly change in texture as much the photo did.
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #1189
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy
 
snails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: in a shell
Posts: 2,580
Thanked 5,905 Times in 1,119 Posts
^ this isnt photoshopped, prove it is!

snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #1190
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,590
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Ive shown evidence, prove it be otherwise... lets see other photos that re-arrange brick work and significantly change in texture as much the photo did.
Quote:
The Jpeg compression process introduces more artifacts at lower quality settings. These become particularly visible near edges, and in areas of solid colour where boundaries of 8X8 pixel blocks can show irregularities. Use of Jpeg images as input for editing can be problematic, particularly since resizing/resampling may move the boundaries of the 8X8 pixel blocks.


Jpeg Compression - photo.net


Plenty of other examples in that link for what causes artifacts around edges, especially around objects that are moving.

Your move to prove it's an edited photo.

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #1191
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,608
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
The distortion in my photo is not consistent to what you have shown me or what you guys are saying here. Please rebuttal or show decent material to prove your point.

A few members on this page are already on my "people who dont have common sense" list so I dont see why I should even need to reply to them.
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #1192
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #1193
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,488
Thanked 1,499 Times in 415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The distortion in my photo is not consistent to what you have shown me or what you guys are saying here. Please rebuttal or show decent material to prove your point.

A few members on this page are already on my "people who dont have common sense" list so I dont see why I should even need to reply to them.
Bravo, great way to have an open forum for discussion/debate.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #1194
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod
 
RacingMetro92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Surrey
Posts: 783
Thanked 269 Times in 126 Posts
Arash, you want debate, you get it. Yet every time someone directly confronts you on one of your points and asks you for a response, you bitch out and find a way around it. Be it asking another question, or taking the current discussion down a completely different tangent hoping that no one remembers the original one. I've noticed this pattern. You HATE (or more specifically, never) admit you're wrong or you've been proven wrong by logic and facts.

Here, you have two experts in photography against some conspiracy theorist and his claims. Instead of challenging the experts, you choose to leave the discussion and only go with your original evidence and that's it. You have NOTHING to support it. You know it, we all know it and yet you can't admit you're wrong.

Common sense says to either back yourself up and give what's been asked of you after you've opened up debate after people have answered your queries in here. But, as everyone here knows, your common sense seems to "differ".

I'm probably on that "list", but probably because I've asked you a question and you haven't answered it after I've already attempted to debate you (answering your original questions) in another thread. You'll never admit your wrong though, which is pretty sad.

On topic: It's compression.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #1195
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The distortion in my photo is not consistent to what you have shown me or what you guys are saying here. Please rebuttal or show decent material to prove your point.

A few members on this page are already on my "people who dont have common sense" list so I dont see why I should even need to reply to them.
The artifacting isn't even that bad. I can clearly still see the brick lines.

We don't need to prove anything. All the evidence points to JPEG compression and the photo being authentic. You're the one that didn't post any proof of it being fake. I know for a fact that this is what's happening because I'm an expert in the field while you just blindly followed the opinion of a random man on the internet like a child walking off with a guy that owns a white van.

What you have is nothing except the opinion of one random person. What makes him an expert that you'd believe over me...someone with 15 years of Photoshop experience and could probably doctor that photo better than the Zionists have (which they haven't...in my expert opinion).

__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #1196
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
By the way, this is what CiC considers "proof"...

Quote:
Ralph Lopez is co-founder and director of Jobs for Afghans, a citizens' advocacy organization dedicated to Afghan-led, bottom-up development in Afghanistan. He is a freelance journalist and blogger who has published in the Boston Globe and the Baltimore Sun, as well as online at Alternet.org, Consortiumnews.com, AfterDowningStreet, and many other online journals. He filmed and produced the independent documentary film "Afghan Marshall Plan: Winning with Job not Guns." He is a graduate of Yale Unversity.
This guy said "Oh, that looks like photoshop." and apparently that's proof. I guess he failed to mention his degree in forensic imaging.

This is the caliber of argument we always get from this guy. Quoting random nutbag nobodies stating opinion as fact and when he's faced with evidence to the contrary from people who actually know what they're talking about...well, you see what's happening here.

Congratulations. I'm going to remove your thanks button in a second too if you don't either make an argument or admit you're wrong.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #1197
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,590
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The distortion in my photo is not consistent to what you have shown me or what you guys are saying here. Please rebuttal or show decent material to prove your point.

A few members on this page are already on my "people who dont have common sense" list so I dont see why I should even need to reply to them.
Artifacts aren't the same in every picture. They take shape in various forms.

Using the picture that you provided, I took a quick look and found more anomalies.





Feel free to open up your own copy of that picture and look at the spots I circled. You'll see even worse artifacts than that surrounding whatshisface.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #1198
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,608
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Artifacts aren't the same in every picture. They take shape in various forms.

Using the picture that you provided, I took a quick look and found more anomalies.

[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b389/lomac20/brick1_zps6ffee351.jpg

[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b389/lomac20/brick2_zps22543b5b.jpg

Feel free to open up your own copy of that picture and look at the spots I circled. You'll see even worse artifacts than that surrounding whatshisface.
Just skimming through... why are there distortions around the rings you circled? I looked up the original and zoomed... yours is further reduced purposly to misguide this forum or it was an uneducated blunder.
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:58 PM   #1199
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,590
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Just skimming through... why are there distortions around the rings you circled? I looked up the original and zoomed... yours is further reduced purposly to misguide this forum or it was an uneducated blunder.
Clearly you missed the spot where I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Feel free to open up your own copy of that picture and look at the spots I circled.
My copy is degraded because it's there merely a reference guide for where you should look at your own copy of the picture.

And your comment about it being degraded also proves the rest of our point. JPEG COMPRESSION degrades the image quality.

Fancy that.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #1200
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,608
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
The distortion in the original is nothing like its surrounding... or compression rate.


'edit - your post was still miss guided because the evidence your pointing was manipulated.
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-31-2013 at 07:19 PM.
CharlesInCharge is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net