REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #1201
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,590
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Don't talk about compression rate unless you know anything about it.

And as I said, artifacts look different in every situation.

"Manipulated?" How so?
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #1202
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,045
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The distortion in the original is nothing like its surrounding... or compression rate.

the distortion behind his head is actually what the brick looks like if you go to the picture used by the author you can see the bricks there are stained how its shown in the one with the suspect

see
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #1203
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The distortion in the original is nothing like its surrounding... or compression rate.


'edit - your post was still miss guided because the evidence your pointing was manipulated.
Here's what you do.

Open the picture up on your monitor.

Stand about 10 feet back.

Now do you see the bricks? Anything is going to look like shit when you blow it up past the 100% crop.

What is a 100% crop? When you're looking at the pixels in a 1:1 ratio. Once you zoom past that, your computer tries to figure out on it's own what's supposed to be there, resulting in artifacts like you see here.

I don't know about you but I can still clearly see the outlines of the bricks in their normal size. The lines you're referring to are off color because of the reason above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
the distortion behind his head is actually what the brick looks like if you go to the picture used by the author you can see the bricks there are stained how its shown in the one with the suspect

see
And this.

I can dance all day because what you've done is bring a knife to a gun fight, CiC. You've now run into a problem because while there are very few of us here that are actual experts in politics and such so you can run to your silly PressTV source but what we have here is a situation where several of us know more than you and any source you cite.

What you should've done was say "Oh, I guess that guy was wrong." like 50 posts ago and we would've had a bit more respect for you.

Instead, what I see now is that you'll believe ANYTHING that isn't the official story regardless of how unreliable the source is just BECAUSE it's not the official story.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #1204
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,608
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
the distortion behind his head is actually what the brick looks like if you go to the picture used by the author you can see the bricks there are stained how its shown in the one with the suspect

see
...
I was locating his head to see where it would line up... the aftermath photo didnt match up on the right side, so its either because of the angle of the picture or the FBI photo was changed.

Anyways as I played with, it looks like the unique pattern behind the head is multiplied and filled over in the FBI photo.... a classic photoshop technique!
http://i.imgur.com/32gCMk0.jpg


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

"Manipulated?" How so?
You posted false evidence that you created yourself... what you and Ronin are unable to understand is you basically took the original photo and added distortion to it and were comparing it to the original suspicious distortion around the head.
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-31-2013 at 09:49 PM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #1205
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I tried locating his head... the empty aftermath photo didnt match up on the right side, so its either from the angle of the picture or the FBI photo was changed.

Anyways as I played with, it looks like the unique pattern behind the head is multiplied and filled over in the FBI photo.... a classic photoshop technique!
http://i.imgur.com/32gCMk0.jpg
Up to this point, I kind of had an idea of where the crazy train was headed...

but with this post, I'm so lost.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #1206
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
I didn't add distortion to anything. I didn't post any photos I edited myself. I just pointed out that the pictures you're using are zoomed in too close (>100% crop) and the irregularities you see are the resulting artifacts and JPEG compression....which is what any reasonable person would assume.

And even if you're right, you're saying that a group of people with unlimited resources basically hired someone to do a worse Photoshop job than I could do in 15 minutes.

Also, if you're right, the following had to have taken place.

1. The FBI found a picture of the suspect in front of a similar brick wall with smaller bricks and instead of cutting just the suspect, the FBI decided to cut the bricks too and blend them in.

...alright, although incredibly stupid, it can be done.

2. The FBI would need the picture to be the correct perspective...meaning he's facing the correct direction and the lighting is also in the correct direction. Photoshopping one thing onto another when the perspectives don't match is always a dead giveaway. That's usually how you can tell those pictures of Emma Watson naked aren't real.

If you find a link to a specialist in forensic imaging backing up what you're saying, then I'll believe it but right now all you have is the opinion of a random person.

Keep digging.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #1207
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Oh, if you're referring to the picture that Lomac posted, it's hotlinked from an article on Photo.net explaining JPEG compression and how it works....something that if you read, you'd see why we're right. Or do the Zionists run that site too?

I'm quite curious why you think some random guy has more credibility than people that actually know what they're talking about? Or YOU for the matter. Why on earth would you think you know more about this subject than me?

When you're in the minority, you usually need to prove your point. You can't just say "THE WORLD IS FLAT!" "What? But we thought the world was round. Where does it say the world is flat?"

"FUCK YOU THE WORLD IS FLAT."
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #1208
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,590
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
You posted false evidence that you created yourself... what you and Ronin are unable to understand is you basically took the original photo and added distortion to it and were comparing it to the original suspicious distortion around the head.


How did I "add distortion" when all I did was highlight certain parts of the photo and tell you to look at your own copy?

...unless I secretly hacked your computer, elite zionist style, and uploaded my own photo to replace the one on yours...

You do realize every time a photo gets uploaded, downloaded, and then reupped, the service provider (be it Facebook, Photobucket, Imageshack, etc) compresses the file even further, thus degrading the quality... right?
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #1209
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,590
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
That's usually how you can tell those pictures of Emma Watson naked aren't real.
They aren't real?

Dammit!



If this was the Revscene of old, I'd totally veer this thread into Photoshopped celebrity nudes...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #1210
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,045
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
you mean we can't do that anymore? because there are some good ones of emma stone just sittin here...
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #1211
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
No, you can't do that in this thread.

__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #1212
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,608
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I didn't add distortion to anything. I didn't post any photos I edited myself. I just pointed out that the pictures you're using are zoomed in too close (>100% crop) and the irregularities you see are the resulting artifacts and JPEG compression....which is what any reasonable person would assume.

But you're also going along in this conversation, it shows you just feed off only what every you're point of views is.


And even if you're right, you're saying that a group of people with unlimited resources basically hired someone to do a worse Photoshop job than I could do in 15 minutes.

Also, if you're right, the following had to have taken place.

1. The FBI found a picture of the suspect in front of a similar brick wall with smaller bricks and instead of cutting just the suspect, the FBI decided to cut the bricks too and blend them in.

...alright, although incredibly stupid, it can be done.

2. The FBI would need the picture to be the correct perspective...meaning he's facing the correct direction and the lighting is also in the correct direction. Photoshopping one thing onto another when the perspectives don't match is always a dead giveaway. That's usually how you can tell those pictures of Emma Watson naked aren't real.

Are you talking about the U shape? because they may of been placed behind his head, then cut out and made to also cover over the backpack section.

If you find a link to a specialist in forensic imaging backing up what you're saying, then I'll believe it but right now all you have is the opinion of a random person.

Keep digging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Oh, if you're referring to the picture that Lomac posted, it's hotlinked from an article on Photo.net explaining JPEG compression and how it works....something that if you read, you'd see why we're right. Or do the Zionists run that site too?


No, just refereed to the circled and distortion added pics.

I'm quite curious why you think some random guy has more credibility than people that actually know what they're talking about? Or YOU for the matter. Why on earth would you think you know more about this subject than me?

There is a box of distortion around the guys head... an unusual distortion, but really you're on my un-updated 911 members thread list of members lacking common sense.. so stop replying to me in these large paragraphs.

When you're in the minority, you usually need to prove your point. You can't just say "THE WORLD IS FLAT!" "What? But we thought the world was round. Where does it say the world is flat?"

"FUCK YOU THE WORLD IS FLAT."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post


How did I "add distortion" when all I did was highlight certain parts of the photo and tell you to look at your own copy?

...unless I secretly hacked your computer, elite zionist style, and uploaded my own photo to replace the one on yours...

You do realize every time a photo gets uploaded, downloaded, and then reupped, the service provider (be it Facebook, Photobucket, Imageshack, etc) compresses the file even further, thus degrading the quality... right?
Looking at the pictures now, you took a screen shot of your desktop to present us evidence on the images maximum zoom distortion... who knows if you presented this flawed evidence deliberately or that you made an uneducated mistake.
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #1213
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,590
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Looking at the pictures now, you took a screen shot of your desktop to present us evidence on the images maximum zoom distortion... who knows if you presented this flawed evidence deliberately or that you made an uneducated mistake.


Love how you're questioning me about presenting flawed evidence based on "maximum zoom distortion," yet you're taking that original link at full face value when myself, Ronin and the others are saying the exact same thing.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #1214
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Up to this point, I kind of had an idea of where the crazy train was headed...

but with this post, I'm so lost.
Lulz were had here = this post wins the thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #1215
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
I love that he says we lack common sense when he has several people with real world experience telling him he's wrong and zero to suggest he's right other than the opinion of a random person with zero knowledge about photography or Photoshop.

Love it. You can say all you want. CiC, but there isn't a single person on this forum that's going to agree with you on this one, bud. We now know that you'll just believe any conspiracy theory just because they're conspiracy theories.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #1216
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,014
Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
This is the point where I begin to think CiC is 100% troll. We've called him stupid before, but nobody could be that stupid and not be classified as mentally retarded.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #1217
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
And no, I wasn't referring to the U-shape.

I mean that if you're going to photoshop someone into a picture, the original has to be taken from the same perspective or else it looks funny. For example, if the original was taken by Yao Ming and the pic of the suspect was taken by Peter Dinklage, then it isn't going to look correct no matter how much you finesse it.

I used celebrity nudes as an example because the giveaway is perspective most of the time. You need the original and the cut to be from pictures that are taken from the same spot or for the person to be facing the exact direction. Why do you think they have those suits with the bulbs on them for CG in Lord of the Rings?

If its a photoshop, then they've got this perspective thing spot on. Lighting and such is also consistent with a real picture.

But if its a photpshop, they've done it in the most moronic way ever by cutting a smaller brick wall with the suspect.

It's not a photoshopped picture. You're just stupid.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #1218
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
radioman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,567
Thanked 3,032 Times in 799 Posts
Oh man this is hilarious.

Ronin just say you believe that 9-11 was an inside job so he can take you off the list and then actually read your responses without ignoring them.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #1219
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
So nothing? Nothing to defend what you think counts as credibility, Charlie?
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #1220
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,608
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
I just presented my own evidence... go find the original released picture and zoom behind his head... those matching shapes should only be on one row of bricks... I dont have time to read rants... if you got something solid put it in point form.
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #1221
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,223
Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
they do have solid points. why don't you try reading it with an open mind instead of being brainwashed
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #1222
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod
 
RacingMetro92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Surrey
Posts: 783
Thanked 269 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I just presented my own evidence... go find the original released picture and zoom behind his head... those matching shapes should only be on one row of bricks... I dont have time to read rants... if you got something solid put it in point form.
And you haven't faced the criticism of your points either.

It's your classic "I'm wrong, but I won't admit so I'll just ignore everyone else and shift the argument again or just ignore LOGIC AND EVIDENCE presented to me and close my eyes and ears."
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #1223
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #1224
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,610
Thanked 16,830 Times in 3,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
This is the point where I begin to think CiC is 100% troll. We've called him stupid before, but nobody could be that stupid and not be classified as mentally retarded.
Maybe his parents are blood related...
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #1225
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,736
Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,575 Posts
Dunno what's worse the border line trolling or you guys taking the time to write out multi paragraph responses to the trolling.
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net