REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #826
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
The Mayor was the only sensible man on that council.
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #827
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
The Mayor was the only sensible man on that council.
Only sensible people were the mayor, the other white guy, and the old Martinez lady that was spazzing.

They didn't even have enough money in their budget to fund their policing and firefighting services
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #828
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
A move to Seattle would've been epic. Made so much financial sense. Yet... this happened.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #829
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

dumb move, cuz its just gonna affect all the hockey clubs that do make money

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Old 07-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #830
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
God damnit, just move that shitty fucking franchise already. The Coyotes are such a fucking liability.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #831
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
The amount of dick sucking by some of the councilors was just disturbing. Especially that dude with the moustache. GEEZ. He compared the bravery and intensity of the marketing guy with the 19 dead firefighters.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #832
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
The amount of dick sucking by some of the councilors was just disturbing. Especially that dude with the moustache. GEEZ. He compared the bravery and intensity of the marketing guy with the 19 dead firefighters.
Yeah, that was completely fucked up.

When I heard it, this was me.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 07-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #833
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
There will always be the "would've could've should've" in drafts.. There's really no point of going back in time

like.. we couldve had kopitar,perron,karlsson,eberle etc. It's easier to say these things now when the players have panned out

Shinkaruk fell to us when some scouts had him in the top 10 or 15
I felt that way about grafting Kopitar on the day of the draft. Same with Perron. People should just draft according to Bob Mackenzie.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #834
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
You would think that with Bryzgalov just bought out, Tim Thomas tweeting that he's coming back as an UFA. Rask asking for way more than what Luongo's making. Mike Smith already signed to $6m.
Who would willingly give up any assets for Luongo when there are goalies that could be signed for free? Schneider for a top 10 pick is not bad considering the circumstances.

There has been many valid points made the last couple pages since the helterskelter has subsided and everyone has had time to sit back and think clearly about our situation. No more "OMG BURN MG AT THE STAKE" outbursts lol ...

I'm liking our prospect pool a LOT more than ... last week.
Jensen, Gaunce, Schroeder, Corrado, Lack, Mallet, and now Horvat, Shinkaruk and Subban. I would even consider Kassian still a prospect, which makes the Hodgson more palatable. We now have Schroeder, Gaunce and Horvant down the middle. Kassian, given the proper development, could be the power forward winger we need instead of clogging the middle with 4 centers. Especially if CoHo's heart wasn't in it from the start.
Cody's heart wasn't here from the starting...according to MG who also said Lu refused to waive the Ntc which Lu said didn't happen. The same MG who told the media the plan all along was to develop Cory Schneider and trade him after this fiasco. Cody may not have gotten along with av and asked for more ice time but his heart wasn't there from the start. Why does anyone believe what MG says anymore?

I was so outraged by this BS I wrote a blog about it a year ago and everything holds up:

Dissecting the 2011-12 Canucks Carcass ? By Vincent | Rob The Hockey Guy
Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #835
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #836

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post

Still looking forward to BoHo tho

and Shinkaruk and BBC Subban
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #837

Ballard buyout and the return of Matt Cooke?

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 1h
- #Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard's agent Ben Hankinson says he has been told by the team that they will buy his client's contract.
- Hankinson says Ballard has a sense of relief and is excited to play elsewhere in the NHL.
- Hankinson says Ballard liked Vancouver but it was never the right fit from day 1.
- Hankinson says he is looking for a short term deal for Ballard and won't have problems finding teams interested.

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 28m
- Matt Cooke's agent Pat Morris says he's talking to a few teams including Pittsburgh about his client.
- Morris says Cooke would have no problems re-signing in Vancouver - says he has fond memories of the city.
- Morris would not elaborate on which teams have called him today. Interest in Cooke is high.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #838
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
So they basically put off the Coyotes leaving for another 5 years.. then they have to deal with this shit all over again

And next year they will be called the Arizona Coyotes.. wtf is the point of that
Old 07-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #839
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Ballard buyout and the return of Matt Cooke?

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 1h
- #Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard's agent Ben Hankinson says he has been told by the team that they will buy his client's contract.
- Hankinson says Ballard has a sense of relief and is excited to play elsewhere in the NHL.
- Hankinson says Ballard liked Vancouver but it was never the right fit from day 1.
- Hankinson says he is looking for a short term deal for Ballard and won't have problems finding teams interested.

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 28m
- Matt Cooke's agent Pat Morris says he's talking to a few teams including Pittsburgh about his client.
- Morris says Cooke would have no problems re-signing in Vancouver - says he has fond memories of the city.
- Morris would not elaborate on which teams have called him today. Interest in Cooke is high.
Hilarious that they put him on waivers first, hoping for a team to take his 4+ million contract instead of signing him to what is obviously going to be a much lower contract... fucking gong show once again in Vancouver

And I would welcome the return of Cooke... Is he considered the dirtiest player in the league now? Awesome
Old 07-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #840

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Hilarious that they put him on waivers first, hoping for a team to take his 4+ million contract instead of signing him to what is obviously going to be a much lower contract... fucking gong show once again in Vancouver
What?

According to the new CBA if you want to buy out a player, they have to go through waivers.

You can't just say "o we bought out ur contract ur not with the team anymore"
Old 07-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #841
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
What?

According to the new CBA if you want to buy out a player, they have to go through waivers.

You can't just say "o we bought out ur contract ur not with the team anymore"
Canucks actually did put Ballard on regular waivers first, hoping another team would claim him. When he passed thru, they put him on unconditional $100 waivers, the waivers to buyout his contract.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #842

ah i see

Thought he was put on the unconditional waivers at first
Old 07-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #843
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
You would think that with Bryzgalov just bought out, Tim Thomas tweeting that he's coming back as an UFA. Rask asking for way more than what Luongo's making. Mike Smith already signed to $6m.
Who would willingly give up any assets for Luongo when there are goalies that could be signed for free? Schneider for a top 10 pick is not bad considering the circumstances.

There has been many valid points made the last couple pages since the helterskelter has subsided and everyone has had time to sit back and think clearly about our situation. No more "OMG BURN MG AT THE STAKE" outbursts lol ...

I'm liking our prospect pool a LOT more than ... last week.
Jensen, Gaunce, Schroeder, Corrado, Lack, Mallet, and now Horvat, Shinkaruk and Subban. I would even consider Kassian still a prospect, which makes the Hodgson more palatable. We now have Schroeder, Gaunce and Horvant down the middle. Kassian, given the proper development, could be the power forward winger we need instead of clogging the middle with 4 centers. Especially if CoHo's heart wasn't in it from the start.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #844
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
The Sedin's don't believe Kassian can make an impact next year but they believe he will be dominant for years to come. Kassian talent is still raw, put him in the minors. We honestly need a big man to protect the Sedin or else they wont be producing during playoffs.

I don't know if Clowe is even worth signing, he most likely get paid 3.5-4mill if he comes here.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2561

Sedin's - Clowe
booth-kesler-schroeder
higgin-burrows-hansen

This post FAILED by:
Old 07-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #845
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
The Sedin's don't believe Kassian can make an impact next year but they believe he will be dominant for years to come. Kassian talent is still raw, put him in the minors. We honestly need a big man to protect the Sedin or else they wont be producing during playoffs.

I don't know if Clowe is even worth signing, he most likely get paid 3.5-4mill if he comes here.

NHL
Umm did you talk with the Sedins to get that info?
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #846

Umm they personally said it on the radio team 1040
Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #847
CRS

Quote:
I know to which segment you're referring to but I didn't take it that way. I know that Henrik said that Kass will be a dominant player but he hinted there is still some development that needs to be made (due to his rawness). He said he didn't know whether or not next year will be his break out year or the year after or two years later but that he will be a dominant player.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 07-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #848

Quote:
wtf

Why would the Sedins publicly say they don't believe a teammate can make an impact...they're way humble than that.

You probably heard wrong.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #849
CRS

Wow Nathan Gerbe put on waivers.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 34m
Buffalo puts Nathan Gerbe on waivers

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #850

THey didnt say he needs development they were just refering if he would make a big impact or not next season
Closed Thread