REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #10976
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
the owners are likely pissed...
Bettman and the Owners hatred of mens hockey in the Olympics adds a bit to my enjoyment of it...
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #10977
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Huge blow to patriotism if NHL players arent allow to future Olympics. It is the only thing we pride our self in Canada.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #10978
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Anyone else enjoying the fact that the Heritage classic hasn't been selling well? Love that they got greedy and priced themselves out of most people's budgets. Combine that with the fact the Canucks are playing like shit and nobody will want to fork out the money haha
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #10979

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Anyone else enjoying the fact that the Heritage classic hasn't been selling well? Love that they got greedy and priced themselves out of most people's budgets. Combine that with the fact the Canucks are playing like shit and nobody will want to fork out the money haha
Posted via RS Mobile
The scalpers are gonna lose huge coin from trying to sell their tickets.

Aquilini is greedy that's for sure.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #10980
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Suck it. Arghhhh
Wutever...I got the nice color ticket.only way to make it up is if the plaza of nations thingy isn't gonna be a gong show

BTW. Cups in town Saturday from 1-5 at BC hall of fame
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #10981
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Owners/GMs should seriously shut the fuck up about the Olympics.

These are people, not property. Go back to South Carolina in the 1800s, you pricks.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #10982
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

heard a bit of this on the way home. and this pops up. surely, this can't be that difficult...yet someone messed up.

Are the Canucks trying to paper the house for the Heritage Classic? | The Province

this is relevant

Old 02-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #10983
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
The scalpers are gonna lose huge coin from trying to sell their tickets.

Aquilini is greedy that's for sure.
I thought this is done through the NHL. If so, it's not all Aquilini.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #10984
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
The problem with the HC is that:

a) the NHL thought that by having a novel outdoor game in a hockey hotbed like Vancouver, they would be able to sell tickets are prices much higher than in other markets with outdoor games.

b) it just so happens that the Canucks suck nuts this year. If this was in 2011, I'm sure the climate for the game would've been much more positive.

The fact that b) happened is, I'm willing to bet, is the biggest reason for people's irritation with the ticket prices. Sure people can say that the HC is an opportunity for people who don't normally make it to games (such as families and the poorer half of the city) to watch the Canucks live in a great atmosphere, but the NHL (and as a result, the owners like Aquilini) are a business and run their operations as such. As good as the PR would be, they're not in the business of not making as much money as they can.

If anything, they'll probably blow out the rest of the tickets (they're giving some to minor hockey organizations locally). I'd be willing to bet that with the people that already bought the tickets, they at least broke even if not made a profit.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:27 PM   #10985
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post

If anything, they'll probably blow out the rest of the tickets (they're giving some to minor hockey organizations locally). I'd be willing to bet that with the people that already bought the tickets, they at least broke even if not made a profit.
the kids didn't get tickets. all or some got called back. which sucks.
I dont think they broke even.

how many giveaways involving this game have I seen? a lot.
the amount of paper handed out is embarrassing. similar to when the grizzlies were here.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #10986

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Just the fact scalpers are resorting to buytopia deals says a lot.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 02-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #10987

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
the kids didn't get tickets. all or some got called back. which sucks.
I dont think they broke even.

how many giveaways involving this game have I seen? a lot.
the amount of paper handed out is embarrassing. similar to when the grizzlies were here.
Part of it was a mistake. They (the organizations) were allegedly notified that 50 tickets were given to them, but the email was apparently sent to all of the organizations that entered to win the contest. If you do the math, that would've meant that they "gave away" more tickets than seats available. The Canucks rectified the issue, so there are still some kids going as part of a promotion.

With respect to give-aways: are they done by the Canucks, or a third party? If it's the latter, then those tickets are likely paid for.

We'll see whether they broke even- I doubt that Aquilini would be terribly happy to eat a substantial loss.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:44 PM   #10988
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Owners can't suppress a player's patriotism. If I was a player in the NHL, why wouldn't I want to get picked by my country to an elite team to play against another country's elite players in a best-on-best tournament for an Olympic medal? Can't get more exciting than that for a professional player who may be jaded from the routine that is an NHL season.
This is probably where the world cup comes into play. Something the NHL organizes and controls all aspects from media to revenues. Have a huge tournament in the summer time versus the best teams in the world.

Having the players in the Olympics does no good for the NHL, especially when it will be in Korea next time. Ask any GM how they feel about their injured players coming back from the Olympics how they feel about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Just the fact scalpers are resorting to buytopia deals says a lot.
I agree, why buy from scalpers if there's tons of tickets for sale right now. As Ch28 said, Canucks priced themselves out. Their own fault. Just like regular season games, who wants to pay $90+ bucks to sit in Row 12+ in Upper bowl. How is this accessible to anyone? Especially, since the same tickets cost about $60 like three years ago. Every year they've increased ticket prices with very little value in return.

Last edited by Expresso; 02-26-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #10989
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Ryan Henderson ‏@RJHenderson7 14m
Doug Maclean: "The #Canucks aren't shopping Kesler but are listening to teams."

Ryan Henderson ‏@RJHenderson7 13m
Maclean: "Can't believe they are at the point yet to tear it all down."

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040 36m
.@TSNBobMcKenzie says the Canucks are looking for a young (20-25ish) centre in any trade involving Ryan Kesler.
I don't know that I fully support a deal involving RK17. Yeah, we need a shakeup to ADD better players, but there are other assets I would move first. I think this is something we would regret down the road.

That being said, which centres would you guys want in that 20-25ish range for Kesler?
Old 02-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #10990
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Kyle Turris
Old 02-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #10991
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Cody Hodgson?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #10992

Quote:
Globe and Mail comes out with a story in which some of us here have been saying

Daniel was never the same after concussion

Daniel Sedin?s slump and the concussion question - The Globe and Mail
Kind of like Naslund 2.0 going on.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #10993
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Only 9 people bought the buytopia deal lol
Old 02-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #10994
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
A lot of players got injured at the Olympics. Participation in the Olympics is excellent exposure for the NHL, but the owners are likely pissed...
Common myth with no numbers backing it up.
You're either an NHL fan or not. Some guy in Alabama aint going to convert over to the NHL just because he channeled surfed and watched an Olympic hockey game.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #10995
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
I think unless the Olympics are in NA I can enjoy them just as much with or without NHL players

I really didn't feel much for this tourney
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Hondaracer; 02-26-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #10996

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
This is probably where the world cup comes into play. Something the NHL organizes and controls all aspects from media to revenues. Have a huge tournament in the summer time versus the best teams in the world.

Having the players in the Olympics does no good for the NHL, especially when it will be in Korea next time. Ask any GM how they feel about their injured players coming back from the Olympics how they feel about it.
But the Olympics offer something that a World Cup doesn't- an Olympic medal and the Olympic Village (the SEX). Don't get me wrong I will still watch a WC with the same support as watching the Olympics. But I'm sure the players might think differently (since this would be an unpaid event). And it can't be in the Summer after the Cup run- too many injuries, and the hockey would SUCK. A September/October event would be much better for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
I don't know that I fully support a deal involving RK17. Yeah, we need a shakeup to ADD better players, but there are other assets I would move first. I think this is something we would regret down the road.

That being said, which centres would you guys want in that 20-25ish range for Kesler?
Not that I'd run these at 1-1 (I would expect ++ in return on top of the principals), but guys that come to mind are ROR and Ryan Johanssen. I don't think CBJ would let RJ go, but for an American like RK17 you never know.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #10997
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Globe and Mail comes out with a story in which some of us here have been saying

Daniel was never the same after concussion

Daniel Sedin?s slump and the concussion question - The Globe and Mail

Seems like twin brother is feeling the effects (of slumping) too, despite being indirectly affected.

Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 02-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #10998
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Quote:
Looks like the Buytopia sale is the cheapest

LivingSocial's deal comes with a Buffet lunch and starts at 165, but also includes the centre ice seats at 185 per
Im trying to score some cheap tickets near centre ice

looks like my chances of scoring some near the date for cheap is looking good
Old 02-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #10999
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Im trying to score some cheap tickets near centre ice

looks like my chances of scoring some near the date for cheap is looking good
good luck. Centre Ice seats are 188+ at full price..unless u can score the $99 front rows

The view ISN"T THAT BAD...I was just inside last weekend for the home show and sat at the stands where the 99dollar seats are. can easily see the ice
Old 02-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #11000

Quote:
But the Olympics offer something that a World Cup doesn't- an Olympic medal and the Olympic Village (the SEX). Don't get me wrong I will still watch a WC with the same support as watching the Olympics. But I'm sure the players might think differently (since this would be an unpaid event). And it can't be in the Summer after the Cup run- too many injuries, and the hockey would SUCK. A September/October event would be much better for everyone.
Except these are player only issues. None of which benefits the owners. If NHL players don't go in 2018. I'll happily watch a World Cup instead. The time I just threw out there, I'll let them figure out the logistics lol.
Closed Thread