REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Official MMA Thread - *Spoilers* (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689030-official-mma-thread-%2Aspoilers%2A.html)

SkinnyPupp 03-30-2020 02:55 PM

GOOD. If people can't protect themselves, at least someone can. I thought the same thing whenever one of my dumb friends on facebook said the virus isn't serious and they were going to live life like normal. Now they have no choice.

Tim Budong 04-01-2020 09:45 AM

This tease...
Conor vs Ferguson...

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-a...plug-khabib-vs

GLOW 04-01-2020 10:59 AM

tony the type of guy to say khabib is ducking him, being stuck in russia :lol

SkinnyPupp 04-01-2020 05:10 PM

MarkyMark 04-01-2020 06:05 PM

It's true, but the UFC as a company is a joke compared to other professional sports. Could you imagine if any of the big sports had a guy like Dana White running the show? Don't get me wrong I like listening to him go off on people and shit talk everybody, but it doesn't help the legitimacy of the sport.

HonestTea 04-01-2020 06:39 PM

This Khabib and Tony fight is cursed

SkinnyPupp 04-01-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 8980964)
It's true, but the UFC as a company is a joke compared to other professional sports. Could you imagine if any of the big sports had a guy like Dana White running the show? Don't get me wrong I like listening to him go off on people and shit talk everybody, but it doesn't help the legitimacy of the sport.

And yet hardcore MMA fans get so mad when you call it what it is...

fliptuner 04-06-2020 08:26 PM

Thoughts on 249 being held on a private island, off the West coast?

I don't see it happening.

SkinnyPupp 04-06-2020 10:17 PM

IF this happens, and the mainstream catches notice, Dana will become the lowest of lowball sports promoters since I can't even think of who... Just absolute trashy, low, classless shit.

I mean we all know that, but does the mainstream? Probably not, and they may ignore this as well. If not, this will send them behind Vince McMahon... And if someone happens to test positive, who knows...

I don't blame the fighters because they just want to work and fight. Weidman is training in his damn living room with his coach on Zoom... for a 5 round fight FailFish

GLOW 04-07-2020 07:11 AM

further to that, not that anyone is trying, but i wonder if any guys fighting for peanuts like 15/15, if they lose, contract it and blame the event and sue for millions...

kind of reminds me of bodog fights when they fought outside on a tropical beach/island somewhere...i'm sure outside the US where they don't have to worry about pesky things like laws :lol

*edit*

actually this is straight out of enter the dragon...dana needs a claw hand now :lawl:

murd0c 04-07-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8981898)
IF this happens, and the mainstream catches notice, Dana will become the lowest of lowball sports promoters since I can't even think of who... Just absolute trashy, low, classless shit.

I mean we all know that, but does the mainstream? Probably not, and they may ignore this as well. If not, this will send them behind Vince McMahon... And if someone happens to test positive, who knows...

I don't blame the fighters because they just want to work and fight. Weidman is training in his damn living room with his coach on Zoom... for a 5 round fight FailFish

If someone does test positive I'm almost positive Dana will pay them to keep it quiet so it doesn't come out. Out of everyone he's the type of person to do something like that.

MarkyMark 04-09-2020 03:14 PM

Well the event is cancelled, I guess even Dana has to listen when the head of Disney and ESPN tell him no.

Anyways I'm gonna get back to NHL games from the 80s

SkinnyPupp 04-09-2020 04:21 PM

Thank god someone put a stop to it. I never thought really low of Dana, just that he was a typical carny promoter in lowbrow sports entertainment. Been a wrestling fan all my life, so I am very familiar with the type and have to go along with it. But this was low low low.

GLOW 04-09-2020 05:22 PM

i was looking forward to dana starting the event with this speech

Quote:

Gentlemen, welcome. You honor our island. I look forward to a tournament of truly epic proportions. We are unique, gentlemen, in that we create ourselves. Through long years of rigorous training, sacrifice, denial, pain, we forge our bodies in the fire of our will. But tonight, let us celebrate. Gentlemen, you have our gratitude.
guess they had to cancel the card as they didn't have alex caceres on it :troll: Kappa

mikemhg 04-10-2020 11:17 AM

UFC needs to get rid of Dana.

It'll never be considered a legitimate sport with his ass at the helm. The UFC has completely embarrassed themselves with how UFC 249 was rolled out the last few weeks here, very beer league.

I'm glad it's cancelled, Tony is a beast, but rescheduling him against just bleed made zero sense, and frankly isn't fair to Tony. What if he got injured in the fight? What if he lost in fact? You're basically robbing the guy out of a real championship against Kabib, along with the massive payday.

Fuck that.

SkinnyPupp 05-08-2020 06:33 PM

SkinnyPupp 05-09-2020 08:52 PM

How is Ferguson still standing after those 3 rounds :fulloffuck:

SkinnyPupp 05-09-2020 09:05 PM

I feel so dirty for enjoying that as much as I did

bossha 05-09-2020 09:20 PM

Incredible poise from Gaethje. Surprised tony stayed on the line of fire so long instead of using his reach but I guess that’s what happens when you prepare for a wrestler the entire camp

Verdasco 05-10-2020 12:07 AM

tony could have won round 3 but time ran out.... sad :(

whitev70r 05-10-2020 06:59 AM

Wow ... the main card!

SkinnyPupp 05-10-2020 10:17 PM

This didn't age well...

In case you missed it, Tony cut weight last month for no reason. Then he had to do it again for this fight. FailFish

GLOW 05-11-2020 07:37 AM

how bad do you think that affected him, what does he normally walk around at 170?

MarkyMark 05-11-2020 08:13 AM

I'm assuming at the time he figured he wouldn't be fighting less than a month later. Either way, why put your body through that if you don't have to, Tony has always been a little crazy.

dahonga 05-16-2020 10:13 PM

Great show of sportsmanship

https://i0.wp.com/thumbor.forbes.com.../0x0.jpg?ssl=1