REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Official MMA Thread - *Spoilers* (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689030-official-mma-thread-%2Aspoilers%2A.html)

Alpine 02-27-2019 05:54 PM

GSP sounds done until you show him the money. Totally skirted the questions about future what if scenarios.

Also i recently watched a leadup video for jones vs smith and dan hardy went in length about how jones is in there to physically hurt you. The eye pokes, open fingers, kicks to the front part of the knee are all designed to hurt his opponent. He also showed replays of jones vs texiera and jones va gust where jones was wrenching and trying to injure their shoulder so they wouldnt be able to throw. Itll take someone as vindictive and calculated and dangerous as jones to beat him. Go for jones' limbs, his knees, go for his eyes, rake his face, kick him in the groin, basically cheat until u get caught then cheat some more and thats the path to beating him.

Berzerker 02-28-2019 03:54 PM

This card coming up is fucking insane. Every Fight has potential for FoN.

Berz out.

The_Situation 03-01-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8941010)
This card coming up is fucking insane. Every Fight has potential for FoN.

Berz out.

Stacked cards like these always end up a let down tbh. I can imagine the askren and woodley fights being a wrestle fest.

Berzerker 03-01-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8941101)
Stacked cards like these always end up a let down tbh. I can imagine the askren and woodley fights being a wrestle fest.

That's the only potential snoozer on the card. I'm really Curious to see how this Jones fight goes.

Berz out.

Berzerker 03-02-2019 01:37 PM

Please let the fights be awesome. Please let the fights be awesome.

Do you think Smith stands any chance whatsoever?

Berz out.

SkinnyPupp 03-02-2019 04:49 PM

Nice to see Diego get a great finish, especially over Mickey Gall who comes across as kind of a douche

SkinnyPupp 03-02-2019 05:11 PM

OK Johnny Walker is my new favourite fighter PogChamp

Dislocates his shoulder doing the worm LUL

TheSalesman 03-02-2019 11:00 PM

Johnny Walker vs Jones by the end of 2019.

The_Situation 03-03-2019 06:26 AM

Damn Woodley got dominated

Berzerker 03-03-2019 08:43 AM

Any word on Jones drug tests?

Berz out.

Zedbra 03-03-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8941218)

Berz out.

Does it matter? They'll have a 'reason'

MarkyMark 03-03-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8941218)

Berz out.

Feb. 1: No adverse analytical findings (USADA)
Feb. 9: No adverse analytical findings (VADA Calif.)
Feb. 14: Adverse analytical finding: DHCMT M3 detected 40 pg/mL (NSAC)
Feb. 15: Adverse analytical finding: DHCMT M3 detected 20 pg/mL (NSAC)
Feb. 18: No adverse analytical findings (VADA Nev.)
Feb. 23: Results pending (USADA)

mikemhg 03-03-2019 11:33 AM

Johnny Walker is a legit star, been saying this for a minute now.

Jones, GOAT, as per usual.

SkinnyPupp 03-03-2019 08:07 PM

Johnny Walker's IG followers went from like 10K to 228K since last night LUL

Shame about the Lawler Askren finish, It looked inevitable Askren would have won, but then with Lawler who knows right? I can't believe Askren survived that F.U. and that ground and pound WutFace

Worth it for Askren's heel promo though for sure LUL

SkinnyPupp 03-03-2019 08:42 PM

Usman seems like such a great guy, what a great champion! If he lasts he could be a GSP type character SeemsGood

mikemhg 03-04-2019 01:55 PM

I've been following Mr. Walker for a minute now, shocked that people haven't caught on to this guys personality and talent. He's super marketable.

Askren was a bad fight, I would've liked to see if go on a little longer, sucks for Lawler, doesn't sound like he'll get a rematch.

Usman will be the man for a while now, I don't see anyone touching him at that weight class, there is a reason why everyone ducked him for so long.

SkinnyPupp 03-04-2019 02:46 PM

Honestly I haven't been paying too much attention to UFC lately. I have just been watching the big cards and following the news just a bit. So I totally missed out on Walker and also I literally don't think I have ever seen him or Usman fight before. Both came across like huge stars on that show though.

Usman, he dominated and looked great, and I think the ref kind of screwed him over with those weird standups. But I don't know if it was him looking phenomenal, or some of it had to do with an awful game plan by Woodley.

Like I said, I think Usman could be a huge babyface star along the lines of GSP, if he can keep dominating the division for years. It will be especially good if he gets a foil to look good against, and it looks like he has that with Colby Covington. An Usman/Covington feud will be HUGE for whoever wins that fight. Huge for the sport I mean. Usman needs to play it right though. He has to be like GSP vs his trash talking opponents, not like Daniel Cormier (as entertaining as DC is on the mic, it won't work with Usman). Talk a little bit of shit, be super confident and respectful to the point where it pisses the other guy off. Do NOT get physical before the fight. We shall see...

MMA is so ready for another big babyface star, especially repping a country that hasn't had a champion before. We've had enough boring American and Brazilian champions (not that there haven't been highly entertaining Americans and Brazilians... we just don't need anymore TJ Dillishaws or Steve Miocics LUL )

Berzerker 05-07-2019 09:19 AM

BJ Penn vs. Clay Guida.... No I'm not joking. This fight is 10 years to late lol.

I guess BJ needs a payday or something so Uncle Dana is helping him out. I mean He has been on a good run lately. His last 10 fights have been stellar.

Wasn't Dana ripping on Belator for letting Chuck fight when he was past his prime?

Berz out.

The_Situation 06-01-2019 05:23 AM

RIP mmastreams reddit. It has officially been banned

SkinnyPupp 06-01-2019 07:49 AM

RIP large segment of the borderline audience who will just start completely ignoring UFC now unless Conor or Ronda come back LUL

Berzerker 06-01-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8949495)
RIP mmastreams reddit. It has officially been banned

I think they opened a new subreddit. Dunno where I'm gonna get my streams now.

Berz out.

mikemhg 06-01-2019 11:02 AM

Didn't they put a new one up, MMAStreamz?

Not really racist! 06-01-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 8949509)
Didn't they put a new one up, MMAStreamz?

https://www.reddit.com/r/mmastreamz

"r/mmastreamz has been banned from Reddit

This subreddit has been banned for violations of Reddit’s Repeat Copyright Infringement Policy."

RIP

GLOW 06-01-2019 08:15 PM

am i a dinosaur waiting the following day for the u/l to mma core in lower quality?

mikemhg 06-02-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 8949523)
https://www.reddit.com/r/mmastreamz

"r/mmastreamz has been banned from Reddit

This subreddit has been banned for violations of Reddit’s Repeat Copyright Infringement Policy."

RIP

Fuck! What's the next spot then?!