REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Official MMA Thread - *Spoilers* (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689030-official-mma-thread-%2Aspoilers%2A.html)

GLOW 11-11-2018 08:52 AM

some pretty solid fights. cowboy/perry and barber/cifer were entertaining as well.

SkinnyPupp 11-24-2018 08:14 PM

I hope Chuck made a lot of money doing that, because that was really sad to see

Dude could barely circle the cage on his own, let alone while taking shots. Looked like he was fighting under water.

I have no idea how he got licensed.

MarkyMark 11-24-2018 08:48 PM

Well there you have it, once you lose your chin it's gone for life. Sucks Chuck was in a position where he needed to take this fight.

Nothing really changes though, Prime vs Prime Chuck beat Tito.

Mr.Money 11-24-2018 09:40 PM

that's the weakest i've saw chuck...how much time did they even give him to train?.

MarkyMark 11-24-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8929822)
that's the weakest i've saw chuck...how much time did they even give him to train?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8kQG63lVs

Does it matter, he's 48 with no chin, no amount of training would have helped him lol

Berzerker 11-27-2018 09:10 AM

I hope Tito doesn't feel like he actually won a fight haha. Wow.

RIP Chuck.

Berz out.

SkinnyPupp 12-08-2018 08:12 PM

Anyone watching UFC? Some pretty good fights

Schevhcenko is so fucking big compared to Joanna, wow

haha13 12-08-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8931728)
Anyone watching UFC? Some pretty good fights

Schevhcenko is so fucking big compared to Joanna, wow

Schevhcenko got some nice takedowns and spinning back kicks.

The jimi manuwa / thiago santos fight was a banger

SkinnyPupp 12-08-2018 09:10 PM

Amazing main event too! Ortega put up a fight! Was he really the betting favourite? Wish I'd known that before

PLUJ 12-08-2018 09:15 PM

Holy Ortega's eye. Great fight by both!

Zedbra 12-08-2018 10:21 PM

Another good card of fighters giving it all to win, and not fighting 'to not lose'

SkinnyPupp 12-23-2018 05:51 PM

I know there aren't many UFC fans left, and I can't blame them after this. It's just too hilarious.

Jon Jones fails for designer tbol metabolites again. Nevada refuses to license him.

USADA puts out a bullshit explanation that the metabolites could be in his system for years, if not forever.

UFC then moves the event to LA from Las Vegas on 2 weeks notice. They promise to refund tickets (no word on if they'll refund travel expenses for people who planned a trip around the event). Fighters on the card weren't notified; they learned then the fans did.

Just a total cluster fuck. FailFish UFC looks bad, USADA loses all credibility, and of course Jon Jones looks like a complete joke more than ever

SkinnyPupp 12-23-2018 06:00 PM

EleGiggle

MarkyMark 12-23-2018 07:42 PM

They need to just get rid of USADA and let's all go back to the Juicy UFC we all knew and loved.

SkinnyPupp 12-23-2018 11:14 PM

Loving DC's IG promos LUL

Also Hunt usually comes off as a retard but in this case it's pretty funny

GLOW 12-24-2018 06:44 AM

https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...mal-das-it.jpg

mikemhg 12-24-2018 11:55 AM

I'm on the fence on this one.

I've used TBOL in the past, I wouldn't call it a game changer that these couch warriors are claiming. I need to see more data in terms of these "trace amounts", he's tested clean on his recent tests, I'd like to know how much trace amounts equate to in terms of dosage.

There will be some interesting results that will turn out based on these findings, one of two things:

-Jon Jones is a literal sociopath that cheats and lies and takes such stupid risks to intentionally ruin his career (I highly doubt this one)
-USADA and the medical community will have to re-evaluate their testing exercises and practices, which thus will put into question previous positive tests for other fighters, such as Frank Mir, etc.

I'm leaning more to the latter, when it comes to these compounds and how long they stay within the body, I truly believe the science is still out there on this, the medical community is more in the dark in terms of unknowns then what we think here.

Or who knows, maybe I'm gullible. I just can't see this guy taking the LITERAL same drug, TBOL, after getting past his suspension, for yet another time.

Someone needs to explain how much these "trace" amounts are, and what they equate to in terms of dosage. USADA is stupid, PEDs are in all sports, Americans need to pull their heads out of their asses and just accept it ffs.

SkinnyPupp 12-24-2018 05:32 PM

Your anecdotal experience with tbol is meaningless (especially if you're referring to bodybuilding), as it has been proven for decades for athletic use, scientifically. It was developed specifically for the purpose, and works as intended, as has been proven for many many years going back to the 1960's. It is especially great for MMA, because it keeps strength and lean mass up during a cut (that may help explain Jon gets popped before fights, and not in between them). This is obviously very irrelevant to bodybuilding.

I do agree that it is possible that he got caught up in some weirdness with the tests, especially if they are looking at minute amounts. If picograms are meaningless, why bother testing that strictly? Especially when the margin of error goes up each time you test finer. Keep in mind though, that the amount he tested for this time was potentially higher than the amount he tested for last year. (60 pg vs a range of 20-80)

Should be noted that Tom Lawlor tested for an even smaller amount of an unproven substance (ostarine, a SARM) and had the book thrown at him. And many others I'm sure. So whatever the circumstances are, the dance they are doing to accommodate the results is still disgusting. The card would be FINE without him.

I also agree that people just need to get over the vilification of steroids, and just accept their use. If you want people to keep getting better, you're going to have to let them do so openly (and safely)

SkinnyPupp 12-24-2018 05:50 PM

RRxtar 12-26-2018 07:00 PM

both frank mir and tom lawlor have been suspended for the same thing, altho im not exactly sure on the amount in their system, both are claming their tests were the same as jones.

im not super well versed on PEDs, but is it possible that JJ has been balls deep on Tbol the whole time and has been on masking agents of some kind and some how fucked up his mask for this one test?

SkinnyPupp 12-26-2018 08:34 PM

Mir failed for Turinabol, Lawlor failed for Ostarine. Lawlor for lower amounts than both of Jones' results (though it's hardly comparable, as Ostarine isn't even a steroid).

And only one of those substances is likely to end up in a tainted supplement LUL (hint: not tbol)

You'd havet o look up the amounts specified in each USADA report to compare different fighter suspensions.. Might be some interesting finds in there. I'm particularly curious about Barnett's which he eventually had overturned after a long time. Listen to his appearance on JRE, you'll see what a joke the whole program is, even before all this.

Berzerker 12-27-2018 09:19 AM

I saw the news and actually thought it was a joke. So USADA is saying Tbol stays in the system for an unknown amount of time? So how do you test people and fail them in the future after making that statement? By changing Venues you discredit USADA, and the whole testing process. "We got a bad result from the most highly regarded testing organization, so were going to move to a place they don't preside over"

Berz out.

mikemhg 12-27-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8933846)
I saw the news and actually thought it was a joke. So USADA is saying Tbol stays in the system for an unknown amount of time? So how do you test people and fail them in the future after making that statement? By changing Venues you discredit USADA, and the whole testing process. "We got a bad result from the most highly regarded testing organization, so were going to move to a place they don't preside over"

Berz out.

This is what I mean, the ramifications of this whole thing could be huge.

If it turns out substances such as TBOL and other banned substances can remain in your fat cells for perpetuity, that creates a whole new can of worms for USADA.

When does it count for someone to be off a drug? Will we have to move to a system where any metabolite equates to a permanent ban? If not, how will they be able to deduce whether a drug was taken a year ago versus 5 years, etc?

This whole thing will be interesting.

SkinnyPupp 12-27-2018 03:02 PM

RRxtar 12-27-2018 03:14 PM

The whole situation has a whole lot of:

Jeff: "Dana... Jon failed again, but he didn't have alot in his system"
Dana: "FIND A WAY TO HIDE THIS"
"We can just tell people in a quick press conference that we found a little, but its just the left over stuff from the last time he failed. Im Jeff Novitzky, people will believe me. It will go smoothly and blow over, no problem"
... fast forward 3 days...
Dana: "HOLY SHIT THE INTERNET IS TOO SMART"