REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Official MMA Thread - *Spoilers* (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689030-official-mma-thread-%2Aspoilers%2A.html)

HonestTea 12-03-2019 02:16 PM

McGregor

Berzerker 12-03-2019 03:21 PM

Yea I tend to agree. His length and boxing should make an easy pick a part style win. Probably a KO. Lets see how the pre-fight hype show goes.

Berz out.

GLOW 12-03-2019 06:45 PM

a guy can dream can't he?

https://i.imgur.com/wMyZCTj.gif?noredirect

dahonga 12-07-2019 10:05 PM

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/441f...reem_Lip.0.jpg

SkinnyPupp 12-07-2019 10:22 PM

Overeem was going to win that fight, all he had to do was survive another 5 seconds WutFace

SkinnyPupp 12-07-2019 10:27 PM

This one's for Paige LUL

SkinnyPupp 12-15-2019 08:52 AM

Usman vs Covington, one of the best 170 fights ever!

Can't belive the crowd cheering for Colby, the most heelish of heels, and not in a cute Chael Sonnen way LUL

He even did the "I wasn't finished, how DARE you stop the fight" gimmick at the end

It's crazy the amount of damage these guys both absorbed.

dahonga 12-15-2019 08:58 AM

All the fights were pretty good on the card.

Huge respect to Colby though for doing two more rounds with a broken jaw but Usman definitely turned it up at the end, just ridiculous power.

DavidNguyen 12-15-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8969030)
Usman vs Covington, one of the best 170 fights ever!

Can't belive the crowd cheering for Colby, the most heelish of heels, and not in a cute Chael Sonnen way LUL

He even did the "I wasn't finished, how DARE you stop the fight" gimmick at the end

It's crazy the amount of damage these guys both absorbed.

Arent these guys both wrestlers too?

Yet they kept the fight standing and stinking
Great fight. Both earned $500k

GLOW 12-15-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8968542)
Overeem was going to win that fight, all he had to do was survive another 5 seconds WutFace

super disappointed :okay:

mikemhg 12-17-2019 02:18 PM

I can't believe how people were booing Usman, and cheering "USA!" "USA!".

This is where we've gone now in this Trump world? Usman was an all-American wrestler winning titles for the States. Sure his personality might be somewhat boring, but boos, people are fucked. So glad Colby got his ass kicked, and the broken jaw was poetic justice in a lot of ways.

SkinnyPupp 12-17-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 8969209)
I can't believe how people were booing Usman, and cheering "USA!" "USA!".

This is where we've gone now in this Trump world? Usman was an all-American wrestler winning titles for the States. Sure his personality might be somewhat boring, but boos, people are fucked. So glad Colby got his ass kicked, and the broken jaw was poetic justice in a lot of ways.

I was thinking the same thing. Also I don't think Usman is boring, he's an incredible athlete and seems like just an amazingly talented, confident, loyal guy. he's just not a heel, so it can come across to fans as boring I guess. I'm pretty sure I called him the new GSP here earlier, who if you can believe it, people also called boring.

He just needs a chance to show his personality, but their one vehicle for that (TUF) is outdated so they need to find a new one. Currently it's basically cutting promos on twitter which is kind of lame in itself.

I don't know if he could ever truly be the new GSP though, the way things are in America (and Canada TBH)...

SkinnyPupp 12-18-2019 02:27 AM

Usman cut one of the best presser promos in UFC's history as he discusses the "USA" chants. This is the type of American they should strive to be. And don't tell me this guy is boring!

Not to self-quote, but here's my reaction after seeing Usman fight for the first time (and I think I listened to him on JRE the day before). I think I got it right! No problem calling him my favourite fighter once Overeem retires (please retire Overeem). SeemsGood

mikemhg 12-20-2019 10:54 AM

^^^ I'm glad he addressed that, and well said. America has a real issue right now culture wise, I'm sure it's always been that way, but in 2019 it's VERY apparent.

You might have a point though, Usman is definitely GSP-esque, but you're right, he will never be accepted like GSP was, period

SkinnyPupp 12-29-2019 07:12 PM

Finally going back to the only thing Fedor was ever really good at, beating up people who had no business being in an MMA fight

Rampage obviously is enjoying life (had to cut to make 265) and I hope he got a nice payday for this. I just hope it was a one time thing and he doesn't turn into Bob Sapp (unless that's what he wants to do and doesn't get injured - all the power to him if so)

mikemhg 12-30-2019 11:22 AM

^Much report to Fedor for stopping and not continuing to land punches on a downed opponent, love to see that.

MarkyMark 12-30-2019 11:33 AM

Who the fuck would hire Rampage again after that showing? He clearly cares more about his next cheeseburger than trying to show up for a fight.

RiceIntegraRS 01-12-2020 09:45 AM

I dont know if its been posted but on UFCs youtube channel they have theses small documentaries that are pretty interesting watches that take you back.

Theses are some of my favorites

whitev70r 01-18-2020 08:11 PM

Anyone watching tonight? Anyone care?

dapperfied 01-18-2020 08:28 PM

PM link ;)

SkinnyPupp 01-18-2020 08:30 PM

HOLY FUCK

SkinnyPupp 01-18-2020 08:32 PM

Get ready for some Masvidal shenanigans

HonestTea 01-18-2020 08:41 PM

THE KING IS BACK!

Mr.Money 01-18-2020 11:22 PM

i would've being sad as fuck paying flights,hotel to see 30 second ending..

SkinnyPupp 01-19-2020 02:11 AM

Nah, it was an exciting crazy 40 seconds, and if you went there it was probably to see if "the old Conor" was back. Turns out he was, and he showed flashes of brilliance in that very short time.

Would you rather have that or a 5 round ground n pound snooze fest :considered:

Either way, if you go to see an MMA event, you never know what's going to happen. That's why we watch it! I'm sure all Conor's fans who went are having a fucking great time in vegas right now lol