REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #76
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
FUCK. Pitbull on leash. Pug off leash! This is fucking bullshit! Eg-fucking-zactly what I said probably happened. I am fucking livid right now. A dog is dead and also vilified due to an irresponsible owner that isn't even its own.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #77
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
I think it's pretty awesome he writes that whole thing and yet doesn't mention once or even take a HINT of responsibility about the fact that HIS DOG had another dog's NECK in his mouth.

I wasn't there and can't say for sure what would have happened, but it seems pretty likely based on the fact that the pug went for emergency surgery that there is a pretty good chance that a little more time could have meant the end for the pug.

How Pandora killing an old man's pug is somehow less of a tragedy than the old man killing Pandora to save his pug doesn't really make sense to me...

Mark
Huh? She said the pug was off-leash in an on-leash area...If true, the old man is completely at-fault, regardless of who bit who....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
I think it's pretty awesome he writes that whole thing and yet doesn't mention once or even take a HINT of responsibility about the fact that HIS DOG had another dog's NECK in his mouth.

I wasn't there and can't say for sure what would have happened, but it seems pretty likely based on the fact that the pug went for emergency surgery that there is a pretty good chance that a little more time could have meant the end for the pug.

How Pandora killing an old man's pug is somehow less of a tragedy than the old man killing Pandora to save his pug doesn't really make sense to me...

Mark
Because if someone is walking their dog in a LEASHED AREA IT MEANS KEEP YOUR FUCKING DOG ON A LEASH. Many people adopt dogs with behavioural problems and take every proper precaution to keep other dogs safe and their own dogs safe, then someone with an untrained dog gets in your dogs face. A fight ensues and that person has no way to remove their dog from the situation before it escalates. I don't know if you know much about dogs fighting, but there are a LOT of warning signs before it happens. Any responsible dog owner can see these signs and remove their dog before it escalates, but if you can only remove one dog from the situation that doesn't solve the problem. The tragedy is that a dog was killed by someones gross negligence, when neither dog should have been in the situation to begin with.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #79
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,317 Times in 5,637 Posts
Pretty sure neither if my dogs are clamping down on a another's neck regardless of on or off leash

And for me, if a dogs going to wrap it's jaws around anther dogs neck it's a pretty big lol @ letting it be around little kids all the time
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #80

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I take it back, if that is indeed the case that the pitbull was leashed and the other dog was not that's kind of fucked up. I've had my dog attacked before well he was leashed other dogs were not, I was bitten getting the dogs off him.

I can't stand people that can't or don't control there animals so if that is really what happened the guy shouldn't have stabbed the dog. I don't care how friendly your dog is or how nice it is put a leash on it and keep it away from me unless I approach it I might just football kick it through some imaginary uprights.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #81

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
In light of this new information (pug was off-leash in a on-leash area, pitbull was on-leash):

Damn you media, for spinning this story against pitbulls! Way to conveniently forget the important details!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #82
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
I don't really want to use up my emotions until it can be verified or the new information on this case will be released.

As it stands, you have a 72 year old man, his pug, a pitbull and a knife.

Pitbull has pug in mouth, Man stabs Pitbull to death.

Since most people on the Internet never read articles thoroughly (only glance), chances are with the keywords above ^ they will instantly draw their own conclusions regardless of the what actually transpired.

Needless to say, one of things that irks me the most are people who assume to know animal behavior but have ZERO credentials.

Every dog needs to be trained. Every adoptable dog needs to be rehabilitated and possibly retrained not just for our safety but for its own safety.

Calling a tiny yet destructive dog's behavior 'cute' is going full retard.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #83
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
im sure everyone of you will stab a pitbull and kill it, if it bit doge.

I bring this to everyones attention as I do not think that as a whole, people have seen what a pitbull can and will do. I caution you, this is very graphic.

Spoiler!
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #84
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
That's why all my dogs get leashed when out even the little ones.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #85
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
If I let my Yorkie run around, free, on an ON LEASH trail and she was mauled by a dog who was on leash cause she came too close, guess what.... I FUCKED UP.

What if the pug ran into the street and got run over, would he blame the car?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #86
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Damn shame. I think both sides share the blame for this tragedy. The old fart for violating the on-leash bylaw and the pitbull's owner for letting it escalate to the point of no return. Most of the time, you can always predict your dog's mental state by looking its body language. I'm always extra alert of the environment around my dog on or off leash. I believe the onus is on the owner to prevent their dogs from hurting another dogs or human regardless if the other dogs/humans were a total fucked up or not.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #87
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4runner View Post

a dog is like a baby, how could a baby be born and first thing on its mind is "I m gonna grow up to hunt, kill, herd"

unless someone could give me scientific proof that a Dog can be bred into killing and all that I dont believe it.
Lol do you even know how dogs fucking work??

You must be that stereotypical pitbull owner who knows nothing about dogs or training.
[size=1i]Posted via RS Mobile[/i][/size]
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post

I bring this to everyones attention as I do not think that as a whole, people have seen what a pitbull can and will do. I caution you, this is very graphic.

Spoiler!
Show me a fucking dog breed over 60 lbs that couldn't do that. Guess what, other breeds of dog have mauled other animals. I saw a husky take down a deer. It doesn't mean that all huskys are inherently dangerous.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Damn shame. I think both sides share the blame for this tragedy. The old fart for violating the on-leash bylaw and the pitbull's owner for letting it escalate to the point of no return. Most of the time, you can always predict your dog's mental state by looking its body language. I'm always extra alert of the environment around my dog on or off leash. I believe the onus is on the owner to prevent their dogs from hurting another dogs or human regardless if the other dogs/humans were a total fucked up or not.
If the pug was running amuck, in front of the pit, I wouldn't blame the owner.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 11-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #90
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
im going to jump on the "breed' bandwagon.. kinda but not really

i dont wanna say i dont like pit bulls or w/e but i just dont like big dogs in general, i dont care how well they are trained.. if that training runs short and instinct takes over then big dogs can be very dangerous and i value my face..

same goes for a little dog being a dick or even a cat.. but in that case i know my face is still fine and all i have to worry about is a few scratches.

but as goes for the topic, if that pitty was as well trained as he should have been then even that little rat of a dog running around should have been safe. if its that easily provoked whats to say that a small child couldn't provoke it either...

i dont wanna hear "little dog provoked him" because if this were a case of just a smaller guy provoking a bigger guy, bigger guy snapping and trying to kill the small guy that would still be an attempted murder case.. obviously animals arnt people but if they are trained as well as they should be if they want to be in public then the theory still stands..

end of the day the older man deserves one hell of a ticket for having the dog off a leash.. and the owner of the pitty should consider trainer the next dog a little more extensively.. if it cant handle being in public then it shouldnt be.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #91

but dogs /= people

When my rottie was in the process of being trained and overly friendly (could be mistaken for aggression to those unfamiliar with dogs), I always made a point to nudge her over, around kids. If we were on a sidewalk, I'd actually get completely off, so people could pass with lots of room. Most parents understood or I'd tell the parents she was still training. Worst case, if a kid came running, I'd nudge the kid away with my free leg. Dogs are different though. If they're free, they can come from all angles and shit can happen in an instant.

My point is, if the situation is as described in the PB owners post, I don't think she or the dog is to blame.

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 11-21-2013 at 10:41 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
but dogs /= people

When my rottie was in the process of being trained and overly friendly (could be mistaken for aggression to those unfamiliar with dogs), I always made a point to nudge her over around kids.
im fully aware they arnt, i even said they arnt..

but when you own something dangerous.. a car or even something like a gun there are rules and regulations in place that these things be the safest possible and be in hands capable of handling them.. of course there are cases of people not knowing how to drive or people shooting up schools.. but an untrained dog with a negligent owner is no better..

so yes im worried when i walk by a large dog and its owner on the street, i dont know if its been trained, how it is treated, how the owner will react to the dog getting out of control.. way to many variables for me. sure there are great dog owners and great dogs. but we all know that there are many dogs and owners not fit for society
Old 11-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #93
NNT
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post

Spoiler!
Geez, it's not the breed, any dog over 50lb can do such a damage. its the human who let the dog do such a thing.
NNT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #94

I edited my post.

It's my opinion that the PB owner did enough to ensure the safety of others on the trail but there are instances, like other people's negligence, that can't be put on her.

RSUV #7
Old 11-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #95

Watching this on the news right now and no mention of if the pug was off leash but still condemning the pit.......

RSUV #7
Old 11-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
I edited my post.

It's my opinion that the PB owner did enough to ensure the safety of others on the trail but there are instances, like other people's negligence, that can't be put on her.
not really enough... it still had an animal in its mouth.. if you dont have full control i dont think the dog she be in public.. kinda the same how if a car accident occurs because of lack of maintenance done to the vehicle that caused a failure, the owner/operator of that vehicle will be found at fault.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #97
NNT
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
im fully aware they arnt, i even said they arnt..

but when you own something dangerous.. a car or even something like a gun there are rules and regulations in place that these things be the safest possible and be in hands capable of handling them.. of course there are cases of people not knowing how to drive or people shooting up schools.. but an untrained dog with a negligent owner is no better..

so yes im worried when i walk by a large dog and its owner on the street, i dont know if its been trained, how it is treated, how the owner will react to the dog getting out of control.. way to many variables for me. sure there are great dog owners and great dogs. but we all know that there are many dogs and owners not fit for society
Understand your concern but you cant judge a dog by its size/breed. a smaller dog can do as much damage if not trained. Home depot used to be dog allowed but not anymore after their employee got bitten in store which need rush to hospital and need a nose surgery about 2 years ago.
the dog? a shih tzu in the shopping cart, one of the dog that no one would predict doing an attack at all. now shell we ban all Shih Tzu?
NNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #98
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Blame should be put both ways to an extent.

This has nothing to do with the dog breed. It is a case of training.

Regardless of whether the pug was on-leash or off-leash, the man should've been able to control his dog. Same goes with the pitbull's owner. If a dog is truly trained well, and understands his superior, he will obey the commands given.

If the pitbull latched onto the pugs neck, then a simply "let go" or "drop" command should've released the pug and the situation would've ended. The pitbull's owner clearly didn't have control of the pitbull and this escalated way too quickly.
I know people are going to say "but the pitbull went to it's instincts and had tunnel vision or something." No. Clearly then it's not WELL trained.

Dependent on the on-leash/off-leash situation, the man should be then be charged against the bylaw. And if it does come out that it was off-leash, he should be charged with animal cruelty.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #99
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

some dogs are just aggressive towards other dogs regardless of how friendly they are towards humans.
blagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #100
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
You need to understand a dog's psychology. Not every breed will yield the same traits. Some dogs are older breeds than others and will display primitive traits.

The bottom line is the truly dangerous dogs (spaniels, chows, dachshunds etc.) are the ones most sought after simply based on appearance or through the media (movies, cartoons).

Naivety and ignorance is what gets people hurt and dogs killed.

Some people are just obsessed with looks alone but a dog is not a car or a watch.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote