REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:47 PM   #2351
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

for starters the Aspire Breeze is a great and cheap start.

coils are cheap if im correct, you can use any juice in them so you're not stuck to JUUL cartridges.

rechargeable via usb, or you can get the portable battery pack that'll charge it.

easy to use if im correct just click and go, it's also small slim and easy to move around. not clunky like most mods and tanks.

these are great guys for information if youre looking into doing a little research

heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:04 PM   #2352
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post

Edit: Also just tried my next flavor, pocari sweat (taste just like it)
Did you get that locally? I need to try that lol.
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:16 AM   #2353
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
for starters the Aspire Breeze is a great and cheap start.

coils are cheap if im correct, you can use any juice in them so you're not stuck to JUUL cartridges.

rechargeable via usb, or you can get the portable battery pack that'll charge it.

easy to use if im correct just click and go, it's also small slim and easy to move around. not clunky like most mods and tanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnGpyMHCiIY

these are great guys for information if youre looking into doing a little research
yes i almost forgot about the breeze, I use to own a breeze and I got it cuz living in China, not everyone is use to seeing big vape clouds and sometimes it does annoy ppl (even when I blow it up the wind will blow)

The 1st breeze was easy to use and u don't even have to press the button as u can automatically just vape from there, it's light, surprisingly has a decent amount of smoke (sometimes even my breeze gets me in trouble with some ppl) and it's super simple to use

As a previous owner of a breeze I would recommend it as your not force to buy just pods...........only problem I have with it was the fact that it was too light for me and that's how I lost it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakucaekz View Post
Did you get that locally? I need to try that lol.
I live in China and hey have it here but u can maybe try Amazon to see if they have it, I know taobao would have it but not sure if they ship to USA

I can tell u that there is almost no different between the real drink and this

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #2354
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Has anyone tried the nic salts? Do you actually feel a difference between nic salts and regular nic?
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:48 PM   #2355
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FB6 View Post

Has anyone tried the nic salts? Do you actually feel a difference between nic salts and regular nic?
100%, a single puff gives you a fat headrush

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #2356
FB6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
100%, a single puff gives you a fat headrush

Kind of want to try it out so I'll vape less but I'll need to buy something like an Aspire Breeze 2.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #2357

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB6 View Post
Kind of want to try it out so I'll vape less but I'll need to buy something like an Aspire Breeze 2.
Does salt nic not allow for some Vapes to be used?

Old 07-03-2018, 01:45 AM   #2358

salt nic i believe you can vape higher strengths so you dont need as much and isnt as rough compared to the free based version of regular nic.

salt nic prob give you more headrush.

think salt nic is more recommended for low wattage devices.

so 6mg regular free based nictone is probably close to 40mg~ salt nic.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #2359
FB6

Quote:
Does salt nic not allow for some Vapes to be used?

From what I read online, you're supposed to use it in a lower wattage device like a pod or pen, the coils on the box mods has too low ohms, you need to vape salt nic on like a 1.0 ohm coil.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #2360

was at my vape shop today and the guy was vaping nic salt and it was out of a pen or pod device.

from what else i've heard also is that with nic salts you might tend to get more "niccy" or like the side effects that come with a lot of nic because you do vape more, without the throat hit so you'll get more in your system and then need more in your system after.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:32 PM   #2361

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
vaping is suppose to be more healthy than burning cigs and there's more nic you can add now?...god damn.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:35 PM   #2362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
vaping is suppose to be more healthy than burning cigs and there's more nic you can add now?...god damn.
Well to be honest, the only thing holding me back from quitting cigs for good is when I drink. I want that head rush and the vape just doesn't cut it. But if I can opt for salt nic in a pod and it gives me a headrush, I'm down for that instead of cigs.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:44 AM   #2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
the canadian health people have deemed vaping less harmful than smoking, and does not contain tobacco and does not involve burning or producing smoke.

think they're saying that vaping will reduce exposure to harmful chemicals.

but at the same time they're saying if you never smoked before dont pick up vaping.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...co/vaping.html

think somewhere they said its 95% healthier.

the nic is for people who are i guess dependent on it now, it takes the edge of things sometimes. pretty sure many can agree on this

Quote:
Well to be honest, the only thing holding me back from quitting cigs for good is when I drink. I want that head rush and the vape just doesn't cut it. But if I can opt for salt nic in a pod and it gives me a headrush, I'm down for that instead of cigs.

i second this. when i drink i still tend to smoke still because it's the head rush i need. dont get me wrong, i regret it the next morning and my lungs tell me.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:38 AM   #2364

Has anyone here tried the IQOS by Marlboro

I personally think it's over priced and a little pointless, but I have never try it and that seems a little bias, which is why I kinda wanna pick one up (for cheap if possible) but would like to get some feedback from ppl

I don't know a lot ppl that uses IQOS here in China and the ones that do all went back to smoking regular cigs

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
Old 07-05-2018, 01:47 PM   #2365

Quote:

I personally think it's over priced and a little pointless, but I have never try it and that seems a little bias, which is why I kinda wanna pick one up (for cheap if possible) but would like to get some feedback from ppl

I don't know a lot ppl that uses IQOS here in China and the ones that do all went back to smoking regular cigs
i have and used to du maurier iglo system. it tasted like oatmeal to me so i didnt like it.

got the headrush yes, but just how the system works is weird and wasnt very efficient in my opinion.

great alternative yes, but i went back to smoking after 2 packs
Old 07-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #2366
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
I just got my first nic salt juice. I switched from drip to tank. Nic salt is stronger so if your cloud chasing you'll get a head rush for sure. You can overdose on nic salt lol. They put a warning on the label to tell you it's nic salt.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:37 AM   #2367
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
I have a aspire breeze 2 just to try salt nic and its awesome. noticed alot of teens rocking it as well lol

the size/portability is awesome but I still rather rock my mod/tank
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:09 AM   #2368

Quote:
i have and used to du maurier iglo system. it tasted like oatmeal to me so i didnt like it.

got the headrush yes, but just how the system works is weird and wasnt very efficient in my opinion.

great alternative yes, but i went back to smoking after 2 packs
is it really worth it though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
I have a aspire breeze 2 just to try salt nic and its awesome. noticed alot of teens rocking it as well lol

the size/portability is awesome but I still rather rock my mod/tank
how is the breeze 2?

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 07-09-2018, 02:01 AM   #2369

i did not think the system was worth it.

i had a promo deal, it was the unit itself and 5 packs of their special cigs for like 50$? so it was worth a shot, essentially a free unit.

i spend so far about 200$ on mods + tanks (cause i broke one) and only buy a pack a month when i go out and drink.

curious for all you vapers, how much were you smoking before you switched over to vaping? and what do you guys vape at?

i was smoking half a pack a day to 3/4s and im vaping at 6mg but sometimes i feel it's not enough.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:07 AM   #2370

Quote:
i spend so far about 200$ on mods + tanks (cause i broke one) and only buy a pack a month when i go out and drink.

curious for all you vapers, how much were you smoking before you switched over to vaping? and what do you guys vape at?

i was smoking half a pack a day to 3/4s and im vaping at 6mg but sometimes i feel it's not enough.
I believe I spent about $300 on mods and tanks because I switched tanks a lot before I found the right one. I've had about 4 tanks in the past 2.5 years. I've spent significantly more on coils for those tanks tho. I believe it was about $25/month (so about $750 on coils). I've now switched to a rebuildable.

When I went to school I went from a smoke before every presentation, midterm, exam or quiz (which at BCIT is quite often) to maybe 6 a day? I decided to switch to vaping if I was going to depend on nicotine. I'm also buying a pack whenever I go out, which isn't that often. It sucks because I usually only really want about 3-6 cigs. And I wouldn't know what to do with the rest.

Currently vaping 3mg and I go through about 10ml a day. But I go through about the same amount on 6mg. I think it all comes down to what you're doing. If you're constantly vaping, it probably doesn't feel like it's enough since it's so minimal. Though, at the end of the day (right now for me) you'd feel really nic sick. But if you're going for vape breaks once in awhile, it's probably enough.

I do know that I get anxiety if I don't have my vape though. But if I do have it, I don't need to use it all the time.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #2371

I'm a little different, I not really addict to nicotine, but instead I enjoy the flavors and blend of certain cigarettes as well the feeling of blowing smoke out

In other words I wouldn't really ask u for a cigarette cuz I needed a smoke, I'm more of a "I FEEL like it" I will have a smoke and if i feel like it but I can't, its not going to hurt me at all

So if hand me a cigarette in sign of respect (very common in China) I would take, but I wouldn't ask u for it if i wasn't feeling it or if it wasn't my blend

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 07-10-2018, 10:27 PM   #2372
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
i smoked a pack every 24 hours. switched to 3mg juice. 120ml lasts about two weeks. cost about 60 dollars. i hate drip/rda when going out, its messy. its more satisfying to hit though. tanks if you need to pocket it and on the go. if your into menthol trainwreck menthol from dashvapes, cheaper version of naked 100 which is also one of my favourites.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post
i smoked a pack every 24 hours. switched to 3mg juice. 120ml lasts about two weeks. cost about 60 dollars. i hate drip/rda when going out, its messy. its more satisfying to hit though. tanks if you need to pocket it and on the go. if your into menthol trainwreck menthol from dashvapes, cheaper version of naked 100 which is also one of my favourites.
have you heard of sqonking?

it's essentially a mod with a bottle built into it, so the mod can only handle one battery.

you get a bottom fillable RDA and you squeeze the bottle, it sends juice into the RDA and all the extra funnels back down into the bottle.

squeeze and vape your day away
Old 08-23-2018, 03:03 AM   #2374

just got a bottle of this (u might be able to order online from taobao), as a Chinese I love hawthorn as a snack and not just for after drinking Chinese meds lol

Really love the flavor, vg is on the high side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (151.1 KB, 0 views)

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:

Last edited by ae101; 08-23-2018 at 03:17 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #2375
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:

Late responding, but I've switched off of vaping to Iqos after finding that vaping doesn't have that same effect of taking the edge off that smoking does. Yes the entry price is comparable to a decent mod, but the real tobacco and headrush lets me space out the need to smoke at work more normally, where when I vaped I'd take the comparable time to a smoke, but not feel satisfied.

Granted, I'll still buy a pack of smokes if I'm heading out to somewhere where chain smoking is easier, but I've been on Iqos three months and I'm liking it.