REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 12-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #1701
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
feels like they stopped manufacturing the phone altogether lol

was gonna pick one up but it looks it wont be shipped out/in stock by next fiscal at this rate
Advertisement
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #1702
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Anyone have issues after 7.0 update? Me and friend both lost our mobile data, both have 3t, he's in fido I have koodo, both our wifi and cell still work

edit: so the fix is to manually readd the APN in the sim settings. worked for both of us.

Last edited by vitaminG; 01-02-2017 at 08:14 PM.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #1703
I STILL don't get it

I have the oneplus 3 and lost mobile data after the update. Managed to connect it to the fido APN settings but can't get LTE to work. Only have the H+
domco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:38 AM   #1704
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
new update sucks. it changed a bunch of things like the phone dialer, ringtones, message app and I lost data until i re entered the APN settings. When I fist got the phone It would only say 4G after changing the APN I got LTE. Now I am back to 4G. How is the average person spouse to deal with this. It was also a lot easier to turn off mobile data before.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:56 AM   #1705
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ this phone is for ppl who knows a little bit how android works. Is not really meant for users who have no idea about the OS and stuff.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2017, 10:02 AM   #1706
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Same as you guys. Using OP3 updated to 7.0 and my data stopped working.

Changed the APN and now only getting 4G on Koodo.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #1707
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't 4G=LTE?

You guys sure it's just not new iconsets for 7.0, and they just changed the icons, while you guys are getting the same speeds?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #1708

For my friend on fido he is definitely just getting h+, which is hspa and is much slower than lte/4g. As for 4g or 4g+ as opposed to lte, I believe it's all the same. Can always do speed test if uncertain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
^^ this phone is for ppl who knows a little bit how android works. Is not really meant for users who have no idea about the OS and stuff.
Although I am knowledgeable about android I didn't buy this phone as hobby project, I bought it to be a phone that has near stock android and works. Leaving my house and realizing I had no data was a huge pain in the ass, then having to figure out what was wrong and look up how to fix it was inconvenient and I'm pretty disappointed. These phones are marketed to more than just enthusiasts so that's no excuse
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #1709
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
For my friend on fido he is definitely just getting h+, which is hspa and is much slower than lte/4g. As for 4g or 4g+ as opposed to lte, I believe it's all the same. Can always do speed test if uncertain

Although I am knowledgeable about android I didn't buy this phone as hobby project, I bought it to be a phone that has near stock android and works. Leaving my house and realizing I had no data was a huge pain in the ass, then having to figure out what was wrong and look up how to fix it was inconvenient and I'm pretty disappointed. These phones are marketed to more than just enthusiasts so that's no excuse
While I'm no slouch when it comes to Android and tinkering, OP definitely marketed this phone to the masses. After having my rooted and rom'd S3 for almost 4 years, I bought my OP3 as a replacement to just work- no more tinkering.

I was pretty disappointed when I had to re-enter APN settings for Public Mobile after the update. Definitely an oversight by OP and a big bug that they need to fix for future version milestone updates.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #1710
nns

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
It says 4G on my phone after the update, but when I run a speedtest I get 36 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload. Is it supposed to be faster than this?

edit: Answered my own question. I deselected the APN for ltemobile.apn, chose another APN, then reselected the APN corresponding to ltemobile.apn and now I get 58 Mbps download and 40 Mbps upload.

Last edited by nns; 01-04-2017 at 06:56 PM.
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #1711
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
My phone says 4G but when I connect it to my Kenwood head unit the head unit says 4G LTE.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #1712
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Next time Im not updating my phone until a couple weeks after.
OPO dropped the ball on this.
I was stuck at work with no data clueless on what to do.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2017, 11:19 PM   #1713
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

i've got a 3t and lost apn settings, the fido lte apn is LTEMOBILE.APN

Last edited by ncrx; 01-06-2017 at 11:31 PM.
ncrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #1714
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

before the update it said LTE. Now it says 4g. Same for you guys?
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:30 AM   #1715
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

LTE and 4G are interchangeable.
I have the OP2, here are my speed tests before and after the latest update for my phone. Then I reset my APN settings and it restored my data speeds.

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
boibuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #1716

They just pushed a new update with "updated APN settings for certain carriers"
Old 01-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #1717

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
While I'm no slouch when it comes to Android and tinkering, OP definitely marketed this phone to the masses. After having my rooted and rom'd S3 for almost 4 years, I bought my OP3 as a replacement to just work- no more tinkering.

I was pretty disappointed when I had to re-enter APN settings for Public Mobile after the update. Definitely an oversight by OP and a big bug that they need to fix for future version milestone updates.
this is pretty much the reason i decided to return the op3t i had. it was a great phone but i'm honestly passed the stage where i want to spend time tinkering with the phone. i just want it to work the way it should right out of the box. my s7 was that way, why couldn't the OP phone be the same way? i don't like doing anything beyond changing the theme's and launchers etc. i'm not down with playing around with different rom's etc.

i've honestly never played around with android much though. back in my iphone days i used to be all about jailbreaking and tweaking everything about the phone.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #1718
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I am an iPhone user and looking for a new phone but don't want to spend $1k on a new iPhone (i have the iPhone 5). I'm thinking of getting an android and heard a lot of good things about the OP3T. I've narrowed down to 2 android phones that I want and would like your opinion on which one to get.
OP3T for $599 or Asus Zenfone 3 64GB ZEA55KL for $429

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
Mod, please delete this post if it's in the wrong thread.
sp00n_oo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:43 PM   #1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00n_oo7 View Post
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I am an iPhone user and looking for a new phone but don't want to spend $1k on a new iPhone (i have the iPhone 5). I'm thinking of getting an android and heard a lot of good things about the OP3T. I've narrowed down to 2 android phones that I want and would like your opinion on which one to get.
OP3T for $599 or Asus Zenfone 3 64GB ZEA55KL for $429

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
Mod, please delete this post if it's in the wrong thread.
Bias aside as I have a OP3, between those 2 the OP3T will have the better software. Tack on the superior hardware and that's worth the extra $170 to me. And I'm not a power user by any means (I don't game, most of my phone time is spent reading news/twitter/IMing). The OP3T, non QHD screen aside, is as close to a "cheap flagship killer" as it gets.

Saying that, only you can answer whether the price premium is worth it.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #1720
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Bias aside as I have a OP3, between those 2 the OP3T will have the better software. Tack on the superior hardware and that's worth the extra $170 to me. And I'm not a power user by any means (I don't game, most of my phone time is spent reading news/twitter/IMing). The OP3T, non QHD screen aside, is as close to a "cheap flagship killer" as it gets.

Saying that, only you can answer whether the price premium is worth it.
Thanks for your input. I've ordered the OP3t and can't wait for it to arrive!
sp00n_oo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:38 AM   #1721

128gb ready to ship in 10 days
waited so long that im second guessing it.. i mean only a few months for next model to be released right?
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #1722

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
128gb ready to ship in 10 days
waited so long that im second guessing it.. i mean only a few months for next model to be released right?
If you can wait a few months then there's no harm in waiting. There's always something around the corner.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:45 PM   #1723

uhhh... does the GPS lick balls on this phone?
can't get GPS working in my building at work downtown
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:28 PM   #1724
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

jumped the gun and got the midnight black version....
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #1725
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
^I don't think you have the right understanding of "jump the gun" lol

But still, congrats! It's a killer phone. No regrets.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: