REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 05-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #1826
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Updated my 3T as well.
Also got may 2018 security patch.

I wonder if it's a "See? We update our old shit! Now get the OP6!"

Anyway, I'm not complaining haha

Edit: did a quick test, face unlock works rather well. I don't think it's as sophisticated as Samsung's, so maybe a photo could fool it, but it's fast.
Advertisement
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #1827
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Ya the face unlock is very fast. Apple made it seem like face unlock was hardware based and you needed special hardware to do it.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #1828

New Oneplus 6T will not have a headphone jack. Was looking forward to buying one and just cracked the screen on my oneplus 3. Now I have to look for a different phone.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:40 PM   #1829
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I was initially outraged when iPhone took out the headphone jack but honestly it made me realize just how little I use it.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the 6T over the 6. One of the things I'm iffy about is the possibility of an in screen fingerprint sensor that is rumoured on the 6T. I don't think it's gonna work well. If that is a confirmed feature, would it be wise to wait til the OP7?
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #1830

I'm a big wired headphone user. So no headphone jack is a no go. In screen fingerprint reader is pretty much confirmed.

Looking at the Xiaomi Pocophone F1. Will it work with Telus?

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carri...a/telus-canada
Old 09-14-2018, 11:40 PM   #1831
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,296 Times in 2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
I was initially outraged when iPhone took out the headphone jack but honestly it made me realize just how little I use it.
I'm obviously too lazy to bring my earbuds when I am out and about, but if I am at work or at home, I always use headphones / earbuds when I need to talk on the cell phone. Not having a regular headphone jack is going to be really inconvenient.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2018, 09:37 AM   #1832
My homepage has been set to RS

I was not happy about the no headphone jack when I heard about it. But like others said I rarely use the headphone jack now. At lease oneplus will put in a dongle in the box unlike how apple is doing it with their new iphones. Hoping for a bigger battery and better speakers with teardrop display. Wanting to upgrade my oneplus5 to the 6t since it is time now.
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #1833
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
I was not happy about the no headphone jack when I heard about it. But like others said I rarely use the headphone jack now. At lease oneplus will put in a dongle in the box unlike how apple is doing it with their new iphones. Hoping for a bigger battery and better speakers with teardrop display. Wanting to upgrade my oneplus5 to the 6t since it is time now.
Apple also include a dongle in pervious gen of iphone. Not sure if they will do it with iPhone Xs.

I simply will not get a phone without the headphone jack. I just headphones all the time.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #1834

apple wont include the dongle in their new iphones...
Old 09-17-2018, 09:42 AM   #1835

Newegg had 25% off the S9 and the S9+ yesterday. I was going to pick one up but the sale was over buy the time I got home.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:31 PM   #1836
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Anyone getting the OP6T ?

I'm still using the OP1.

Time for an upgrade?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #1837

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Anyone getting the OP6T ?

I'm still using the OP1.

Time for an upgrade?
It's good phone but has some downsides.

No notification led.
in screen fingerprint reader is slower than the finger printer reader in the one plus 6. At night the screen brightness goes to 100% so the fingerprint reader can work.
No headphone jack.

I would look at the LG G7 ONE.

Runs stock Android with 3 years of updates I believe.
One 32 gigs of memory but has a SD card slot.
Has a headphone jack.
has a notch but uses areas beside the notch as a second screen.
Does not have a snapdragon 845 gut the 835 is still really fast.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:58 PM   #1838
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
I’m with that guy, I miss my 3.5mm audio jack so bad...
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:08 AM   #1839
SiRVs up, dude

Don't understand what it is about the wired headphones with some people... Please enlighten me? I've been using Bluetooth headsets for the last 2 years and can't see myself getting all my cords tangled up again with headphone wires

Edit: also if it's a sound quality thing, can you tell me what wired headset you guys actually use?
Old 11-10-2018, 07:51 AM   #1840
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
^for me, the gym is the only time I'll use wireless headphones, otger than that, its wired all the way. The sound quality is better, more depth and range, distortion is less on higher volumes.

For headphones i use RHA t20i as my daily, it's a great pair of in ear, good sound, and comfort, you can tell the difference between a regular in ear vs a higher fidelity in ear when the quad dac is on (I've used lg g6 and am using the g7)

Another thing to consider, those who prefer going wired headphones, when using the adapter to plug it in the charging port, the sound is still noticeably worse compared to a normal 3.5mm jack for any phone.

When the sound quality can be just as good as a normal 3.5mm jack, then that's when ill consider getting a phone with no headphone jack

I love the OnePlus series, had the 1, 2, 3t, and 5, loved every bit of em and still have my OnePlus 2 as a backup phone. I just wished they would have a 3.5 audio jack.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #1841
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I use to use wired Audio Technica M50x all the time as the sound quality is fantastic but they tire my ears out after about an hour or two. I now use wired Bose in ear for day to day computer use or wireless Bose QC35II when I want something with better sound quality. For the gym i'll either use Shure SE215 or Jaybird Freedom 2 (both wireless).
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #1842
Banned (ABWS)?

Gearbest has the OnePlus6 on flash sale right now for $585, but it's ending soon.

It's the international version (as opposed to Global), but I can't tell what's the difference between those 2 versions? Doesn't "international" and "global" kind of mean the same thing in this context??

I've decided I don't really need the best next thing, so with a deal like this, OP6 would be more than enough and I'll pull the trigger if the international version will work fine in Canada.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #1843

Quote:
Gearbest has the OnePlus6 on flash sale right now for $585, but it's ending soon.

It's the international version (as opposed to Global), but I can't tell what's the difference between those 2 versions? Doesn't "international" and "global" kind of mean the same thing in this context??

I've decided I don't really need the best next thing, so with a deal like this, OP6 would be more than enough and I'll pull the trigger if the international version will work fine in Canada.
From what I have read it comes with Hydrogen OS instead of oxygen OS. Hydrogen is for the Chinese market. You can flash oxygenOS on it.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #1844
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
From what I have read it comes with Hydrogen OS instead of oxygen OS. Hydrogen is for the Chinese market. You can flash oxygenOS on it.
But other than that, there won't be any network compatibility issues?
Old 11-13-2018, 06:51 PM   #1845
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:

IIRC, from older versions of the Oneplus phones, the International was more suited for China bandwidths and the Global more for NA ones. Like it may be missing one type of NA LTE band, which may not be the end of the world in terms of speed. Just double check what bands the International one has, and what bands your network is using.

With that said, my opinion was to always buy the Global version vs. the International one for the older Oneplus phones I have.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #1846

Quote:
But other than that, there won't be any network compatibility issues?
From what I read on RFD it's missing one band but will still work here.

So the essential phone just released a magnetic headphone adaptor for $149 US. What a joke.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #1847
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:

Also shows that between Nov 23 and Nov 25, the OnePlus6T will be $299.99
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2018, 04:42 PM   #1848

is that only in the estates?
Old 11-14-2018, 05:40 PM   #1849

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post