REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   Official OnePlus thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694498-official-oneplus-thread.html)

sonick 11-22-2017 09:47 AM

Damnit just realized I have to replace all my cables.

What's the best place to get legit on-spec USB-C cables for reasonable price? Monoprice? Anker on Amazon?

roastpuff 11-22-2017 10:01 AM

Anker on Amazon is where I got my cables from. Super thick and beefy USB-C cables... maybe too beefy.

bcrdukes 11-22-2017 11:09 AM

Amazon has been good to me. I bought a Belkin cable as well as an Anker, but like roastpuff, I felt that the Anker cables are too beefy and don't offer enough flex when plugging in to odd ball locations.

jinxcrusader 11-23-2017 07:14 PM

Amazon as well.
But I've been sporting a usb-c cable from Miniso for the past few months as my car charger cable. It's been very effective for like $5 bucks.

vyrospec 12-03-2017 12:40 AM

Just picked up my 5T (128GB) a few days ago. 3 days delivery since order on Sunday, was expecting to come in next Monday (creds to 1+ & DHL). So far I'm quite impressed, especially by face-unlock speed. I was previously using the 1+X, which is still rocking solid for a 2yr old device. How are the rest of you guys who picked one up finding yours.

sonick 12-03-2017 09:04 AM

Got it shipped on Tuesday and delivered Wednesday, pretty quick. Finally got time yesterday to set it up, and really have no complaints. Coming from the original OPO, it's quite the improvement on speed, screen quality, and convenience of fingerprint scanner. Did not enable face lock.

Not the biggest fan of the OP launcher, using Nova currently.

AzNightmare 12-23-2017 07:45 PM

So I've been happily using my OnePlus One, still on KitKat 4.4.4
and Cyanogen 11.0 (Why fix what wasn't broken...)

I'm long overdue for an update, but I'm not even sure where to begin.
I thought it would be something simple like pressing on a system update in the "About Phone" settings.

The step by step tutorials online seem over complicated and I'm not even sure if this is the "proper" method or some quick unstable method for the impatient that's trying to get updates earlier than official releases.

When I first got my phone way back, I root my phone and was playing around and nearly bricked it 2 weeks in, lol. Would be nice to not to do anything risky again...

Any help?

TOS'd 12-23-2017 08:00 PM

^ I still have my OPO, I have it as a spare phone.

I was multiple versions behind from not using the phone for a long time. Ended up factory resetting and then just doing all the OTA updates that showed up in the About Phone > System Updates area.

I am currently on Android 6.0.1 and Cyanogen 13.1.

I think there is an Oxygen build for the OPO also.

AzNightmare 12-23-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8879516)
^ I still have my OPO, I have it as a spare phone.

I was multiple versions behind from not using the phone for a long time. Ended up factory resetting and then just doing all the OTA updates that showed up in the About Phone > System Updates area.

I am currently on Android 6.0.1 and Cyanogen 13.1.

I think there is an Oxygen build for the OPO also.

What's the difference between Android 6.0.1 and Cyanogen 13.1?
Are they two completely separate things or do they function together as one?
I know Android's the OS, but is Cyanogen another OS?

How did you "just do all the OTA updates" ? Did they automatically appear after you factory reset?

Damn... I feel old now. Used to love tinkering with this stuff but now I don't got the time and just need this to be simple and work. lol...

asian_XL 12-23-2017 09:03 PM

cyanogen is now called lineage OS.

Right now their latest version 14.1 which is a Android 7.1.2. Very smooth, stable and battery saving. If you have Cyanogen mod, you should go definitely upgrade to Lineage.

AzNightmare 12-24-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 8879524)
cyanogen is now called lineage OS.

Right now their latest version 14.1 which is a Android 7.1.2. Very smooth, stable and battery saving. If you have Cyanogen mod, you should go definitely upgrade to Lineage.

Is that an official release, or one of those beta ones?
Where do I get the files and how to begin? lol

Is there a step by step site I can follow?
Some of these sites I found seem to be out dated now

TOS'd 12-24-2017 09:09 AM

Try going to About Phone > System Updates > Check for Updates. That was how I got my updates on my OPO.

And see if it brings up anything. This route will might give you Android 6.0.1 and Cyanogen 13.1. Android 6.0.1 being the OS, and Cyanogen 13.1 being kind of like the "skin" applied over the OS.

Lineage did replace Cyanogen, so if you want to go that route, check out xda forums for instructions or possible the oneplus forums as well.

lilaznviper 01-10-2018 11:33 AM

just ordered the op5t since my nexus 6p battery crapped out completely.

which screen protector and case you people have with the phone?

sonick 01-10-2018 11:42 AM

Screenprotector the one that it comes with stock, and got the sandstone case.

I also bought the glass one but won't install it until the stock screen protector gets scratched or messed up.

Iceman_2K 01-13-2018 08:04 PM

Anyone get the Sand Stone version?

J____ 01-18-2018 10:14 PM

just upgrade to the 8gb 5T from my opo lol. Pretty awesome so far, got the full karbon case. Awesome looking combo. Was going to get the red 5t since they have it in china but it looks ugly with the karbon case so went with the black one. Man the original opo was a beast, lasted me 5 years. Great phone. Looking forward to another 5 years with the 5t lol.

sonick 02-01-2018 05:34 AM

Oreo is out for OP5T

Nabatron 02-01-2018 09:03 AM

oneplus 6 soon to be released. Its crazy how quick the turnover rate is on these phones....

ScizzMoney 02-01-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nabatron (Post 8885834)
oneplus 6 soon to be released. Its crazy how quick the turnover rate is on these phones....

It's almost like they come out with a new one every year like other phones. :fullofwin:

Nabatron 02-01-2018 09:23 AM

^breh they come out with a new phone less then 6month cycle!

ScizzMoney 02-01-2018 10:24 AM

I fail to see the problem.

was bored enough to yahoo their release history.
Oneplus One 2014
Oneplus 2 2015
Oneplus 3 2016
Oneplus 5 2017

Oneplus 6 coming this year. And probably 4-6 months after that is released they'll update it with the Oneplus 6+.

I feel like I'm the only one that sees them updating their phones as a good thing. For example, say I'm in the market for a new phone, I'd personally like to have the phone I get be recently refreshed rather than refreshed 11 months ago. And I don't care to replace my phone each time a new one is released. I don't buy a new car every year, I don't buy a new house every year, I don't buy a new TV every year, etc.

Nabatron 02-01-2018 10:39 AM

comparing phone to big ticket items not really the same

sonick 02-02-2018 07:20 AM

damnit, Oreo update disappeared from my phone's System Update download list :(

Manic! 05-24-2018 11:42 AM

Just got a new software update one my one plus 3 and now I have face unlock! That's a phone that was released 2 years ago. Good to see a phone maker still supporting there older phones.

TOS'd 05-24-2018 01:33 PM

Have you tried it yet? I got the update notification earlier today too, read through the changelog and was surprised at the new features. I thought I read that they were stopping support for the older phones, except necessary security updates.