REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-29-2015, 08:44 AM   #426
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
engine CPU error scanner would help,know anyone who owns one?...
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #427

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
2015 Sonata that my parents just bought (used.)

The Parking Brake light on the dashboard does not turn on, even when the parking brake is pressed.

It's a foot operated parking brake.

The light itself works because it lights up with vehicle diagnostics, but doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

Any ideas?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:53 PM   #428
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

The Parking Brake light on the dashboard does not turn on, even when the parking brake is pressed.

The light itself works because it lights up with vehicle diagnostics, but doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

Any ideas?
Bring it back to the dealer as it is still under warranty.
learn2manual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #429
Circle Stick Square Mod

Quote:

Any ideas?
its warranty, its a quick fix. the grounding for the parking brake does not make clear contact with the ground causing the light to not come on

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #430
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
I do park it outside now but it was happening as well when parked underground (though infrequent - maybe 2-3 times) though wetness probably plays a part.

Nope, always only when going forward. Have never heard the sound when backing up (though it's rarely backed up while cold)
I have this same issue on my Abarth. It is definitely something with the hand brake because since then I've parked with my handbrake left down but in the reverse gear, in my garage. No more clunking. Definitely something with the cold/rain that causes the hand brake to stick. Not sure what though.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:30 PM   #431

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2manual View Post
Bring it back to the dealer as it is still under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Tigger View Post
its warranty, its a quick fix. the grounding for the parking brake does not make clear contact with the ground causing the light to not come on
I know it's under warranty but if it's something simple like that, I may as well spend 5 minutes fixing it at home than the 3 hours it's going to take at dealer lol.

Tigger, can you elaborate just a bit on what exactly isn't grounding properly? Is there an electrical switch?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:21 PM   #432
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
pre-2007 Elements didn't have MAF sensors, rather they used MAP sensors, but next time the car is in the shop for CV axles I'll get them to check out the plugs and coil packs.
If you're getting your plugs inspected, you might as well replace them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:07 PM   #433

curious, anyone have luck with just slapping pads on and calling it a day? ive always either machined or replaced rotors as ive been taught except for this one time i did my buddies 2012 civic with 40k, was at home and he wanted it done the night of. put the pads on and not less than a week later his brakes were pulsating

I've heard of this put in practice but after that experience... no thx. i've had to decline work b/c i dont have access to a laive anymore.
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:41 PM   #434
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn53 View Post
curious, anyone have luck with just slapping pads on and calling it a day? ive always either machined or replaced rotors as ive been taught except for this one time i did my buddies 2012 civic with 40k, was at home and he wanted it done the night of. put the pads on and not less than a week later his brakes were pulsating

I've heard of this put in practice but after that experience... no thx. i've had to decline work b/c i dont have access to a laive anymore.
Of all the years i was at Honda, rotor machining is always recommended while replacing pads.
But for my own personal cars, i may have only machined maybe couple times. That was when i was removing an aftermarket pad to install Honda pad.
Most aftermarket pads i found, the material was too hard and would wear the rotor as fast as the pad.
A 2012 civic with only 40k, from what i've seen in the past, rotor would still be in fine shape to just drop in a set of pads.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:09 PM   #435

I also had the same thinking, glad to know its worked out for you in the past. It may have very well just been my luck
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #436
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Depends on the condition of the rotor and how the person will be driving, and the cost of rotors and pads. If the rotors are cheap, I just buy new ones. If the rotors are pricey but in good shape I just replace the pads since pads are usually fairly cheap, so even if they wear out sooner because of the rotors it's not a big difference overall.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #437
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
I've swapped from stock pads to Hawk DTC-30's and 60's (race pads...) on the same rotors, I wouldn't really recommend it, but do as I say not as I do right?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:00 PM   #438
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dn53 View Post

ask the guys at work haha
Old 02-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #439
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Recently my GD3 Fit while pumping gas has been overflowing and spilling out by the first click. However, both these times it was at least 2 or 3 litres away from a full tank.

Any possible explanations? If it matters it was at the Shell at Main/2nd and Chevron Nanaimo/1st
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:26 PM   #440
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
I know it's under warranty but if it's something simple like that, I may as well spend 5 minutes fixing it at home than the 3 hours it's going to take at dealer lol.

Tigger, can you elaborate just a bit on what exactly isn't grounding properly? Is there an electrical switch?

take it to the dealer dude. if there's something else wrong and you start messing with it (since you clearly have no idea what he's talkin about), they might not warranty it.
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:34 AM   #441
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Recently my GD3 Fit while pumping gas has been overflowing and spilling out by the first click. However, both these times it was at least 2 or 3 litres away from a full tank.

Any possible explanations? If it matters it was at the Shell at Main/2nd and Chevron Nanaimo/1st
reminds me of a time an 08 or 09 Accord came in for rough running. Long story short, found bad murky colored gas. I removed the pump, siphoned the tank dry and got my hand in the tank and was able to wipe it clean with some rags. Brought the car to the gas station, but couldn't get any gas into the tank. Would just over spill. Brought the car back to the shop and found this...below...jellybeans.

Originaly thought it was just bad gas from the station. Uppon closer look, i could see pry marks around the fuel lid door.

Not saying this is your problem, just brought back memories
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i07033.jpg (101.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg i07032.jpg (61.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #442
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

My TSX compliance bushings are cracked. In terms of effort vs. time & money is it worth to change it myself or bring it to shop? I researched some DIY's onilne and looks I might need a kit/tool to press out the bushings. Thoughts or experiences?
learn2manual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:27 PM   #443
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Bushings fucking suck to replace.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2016, 09:42 PM   #444
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
We don't know what tools you have, how much you value your time and level of mechanical experience. I'd research the cost of parts, including how much a complete LCA is (some are actually pretty affordable) vs. how much a shop would charge to change the one bushing.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #445
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

You're better off getting it done at a shop. control arms (2 bolts, nut and splitting ball joint loose) have to be removed and bushings pressed out.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:05 PM   #446
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Hoping an RS member can come to the rescue!

I need someone to come and weld a nut to this messed up bolt so I can crack it loose. Car is located near Metrotown. Engine is still in the car so it might be a little tight to work on.

check out this video to see what i'm talking about
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #447
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2manual View Post
My TSX compliance bushings are cracked. In terms of effort vs. time & money is it worth to change it myself or bring it to shop? I researched some DIY's onilne and looks I might need a kit/tool to press out the bushings. Thoughts or experiences?
I had this done on my TSX a couple of years ago.
Here's the breakdown from my invoice:
$34.74 for parts
$400 for labour
$80 for an alignment after the bushings were replaced

Then throw in taxes. Not exactly cheap. As you can tell, it's mostly labour. If you want it done at Acura, look up jaemc on here. He's a service adviser at Burrard Acura and can hook you up with at least a bit of a discount.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:37 AM   #448
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I'm looking at doing this myself as well. Another option is go for new control arms off rock auto. Much easier for the DIY, but you still need an alignment.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:38 AM   #449
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Hoping an RS member can come to the rescue!

I need someone to come and weld a nut to this messed up bolt so I can crack it loose. Car is located near Metrotown. Engine is still in the car so it might be a little tight to work on.

check out this video to see what i'm talking about
https://youtu.be/WjZ0XtLYtzc?t=1m20s
You won't get too many chances at this. Personally, i'd call a mobile welding place. It's hard to tell, but it looks like it broke quite deep into the opening, no? Have you tried an easy out? How much is the new part you Fuxuored?
Old 03-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #450
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
You won't get too many chances at this. Personally, i'd call a mobile welding place. It's hard to tell, but it looks like it broke quite deep into the opening, no? Have you tried an easy out? How much is the new part you Fuxuored?
It looks like a regular bolt but with a internal hex drive and built-in washer. If the OP hasn't got it out yet, I can do it. Get back to me if you haven't.
sleepywheel is offline   Reply With Quote