REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #626
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,826 Times in 2,540 Posts
I ordered a pair of those overlap style clamps, the space I'm working in doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room but worst case I can always modify to fit. It's always lovely when what should be a simple bolt-in job ends up taking multiple weeks and multiple orders of every piece you need.

For the electrical issues I'd do the testing mentioned. If it only happens after a few days of sitting a weak battery or excess parasitic draw seem the most likely options.
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2019, 09:45 PM   #627
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,031 Times in 942 Posts
Not really mechanical but hoping some of you audio gurus can help me. I had an Alpine single din in my integra and I am changed it out to a DVD alpine double din. The harness was just plug and play from the old unit to the new one. However, since my old unit was a single din, I noticed that the harness didn't have the "parking brake" wire. How would I go about adding this wire to the harness? I tried to plug a wire inside and ground to test but that did not work. Thanks!

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:14 PM   #628
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 4,577 Times in 1,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Not really mechanical but hoping some of you audio gurus can help me. I had an Alpine single din in my integra and I am changed it out to a DVD alpine double din. The harness was just plug and play from the old unit to the new one. However, since my old unit was a single din, I noticed that the harness didn't have the "parking brake" wire. How would I go about adding this wire to the harness? I tried to plug a wire inside and ground to test but that did not work. Thanks!
Try posting in the Audio section.

https://www.revscene.net/forums/audi...urity-tech_10/
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2019, 07:20 PM   #629

The clamps arrived and diameter-wise seem to fit perfectly, that's again to hud_91gt for suggesting those.

Of course one showed up missing a bolt so I can't install them yet, but at this point I'm not even surprised.

Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2019, 04:12 PM   #630
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i did the driver side one on mine...sounds like your's is just on its way out
i hate working door panels...tight spaces

for a while my trunk one was acting funny...banged it a few times and it never had problems again but i put a small dent in the process
hey where did u purchase your door actuators?
I'm currently looking at buying on amazon from of those chinese oem parts dealers
OGCStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #631
Need to Shave n Shower, but I CANT STOP POSTING ON RS

Thanked 6,987 Times in 2,934 Posts
fleebay less than 20$

i was worried about going non-oem and failing again but it's been like 5 years
Old 06-09-2019, 04:45 PM   #632
Need to Shave n Shower, but I CANT STOP POSTING ON RS

Thanked 6,987 Times in 2,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
Is the vehicle charging when running (eg 13v+)?

Is there a draw when vehicle off (meter measuring draw when vehicle off for a few minutes, no doors open etc)

Get battery tested (it still probably has a warranty).
battery's good, alternator working great, yet unable to find parasitic draw

even if it's the aftermarket radio/dash cam/reverse cam, it's unlikely for me to pull any of those out so probably just gonna find the largest capacity battery that fits and call it a day/drive it once a week

think i managed to break the door adjar switch/sensor while doing all this...good thing it's a $5 part if it needs to be replaced
Old 06-09-2019, 05:13 PM   #633
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,205 Times in 252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
You need a 12v signal. Not gnd.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:49 PM   #634

How strong are camber plates? I went to trace one of my Cusco plates and noticed it was warped slightly, I'm going to be a bit hard on it and since it keeps my front wheel upright I realllly don't want it to fail. A pair of OEM-style KYBs is only $125 delivered so if they tend to be a lot stronger I'll do that.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-30-2019, 12:50 PM   #635
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 10,509 Times in 2,668 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Ford Focus SVT 6spd

Problem: 1. When cold, if you don’t let it warm up really good, the car tends to buck a bit in 1st gear and sometimes 2nd gear while on throttle. Idles very nicely, not too high. Solution is to just let it warm up properly or drive for 30 seconds and it goes away

Problem 2: when at cruising speed (in relation to gear) at a very minimal throttle input the motor can surge slightly. For example, If you’re in 6th gear cruising at 110kmh, you only need maybe 5% throttle input to maintain speed. What happens is you get a small surfing RPM. My wife just slightly notices, and it’s not as bad as problem 1.

Vehicle still drives fantastic, WOT is great, no noticeable drop of power or fuel consumption. No weird sounds or smells etc.

Solutions: my time is pretty short lately so proactive advice would be useful. Start with throttle body cleaning I suppose. Does this sound like a possible minor vacuum leak? I don’t think it’s ignition based since at any other throttle input it’s smooth and powerful
Old 06-30-2019, 09:22 PM   #636
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,024 Posts
Double post

Last edited by hud 91gt; 06-30-2019 at 09:30 PM.
hud 91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:30 PM   #637
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,024 Posts
My guess is a TPS issue. With my minimal tuning experience a wacky acceleration enrichment will give you some odd habits. It’s not like your AE in your tune has changed, but the ECU thinking it should accelerate with a funky TPS could cause this. Just a complete guess though.

You might be able to test it with a multimeter (not an auto ranging one). Disconnect the pigtail and figure out which leads to connect to on the TPS(there is probably 3). With The throttle body closed you’ll get either a low or high resistance. As you open the TB, the resistance should get greater (or lower) in a very steady manner without lots of jumping around. Very very slowly open and close tie TB testing this resistance.

That’s all I got.