REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #1376
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Someone got boo'ed to death when he suggested to tank the season for picks.
good

its idiocy to tank an entire season. to instill a losing culture on your remaining troops is not the mark you want to leave behind
Edmonton is brought up over and over again. i feel sorry for those fans there. being a canadian market and all

even Columbus is doing better lol. and they lost their franchise forward in rick nash (with his star status now even being debatable. so maybe it was for the better he left)

and at the end of the season, having the lottery in place doesnt even guarantee you your season ending spot on the draft order
Advertisement

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #1377

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Anything interesting come up during the Q&A?
You didn't miss anything besides the "knowledgeable" Canucks fans asking cringe worthy questions
Old 07-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #1378
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Q&A is almost always a betafest

can't wait til training camp and preseason starts so I can see the prospects in action
Old 07-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #1379
RS controls my life!

I would've ask if the Comets would be moved to Abbotsford and change the name to the "Abbotsford Orcas"

I wanna watch Shinkaruk school some noobs in Abby!
Old 07-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #1380
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #1381
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Grabbing McCann at 24 have made the Kesler trade better and have also changed many opinions that's for sure.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #1382
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

hopefully Jordan can be like is brother PK...

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Old 07-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #1383
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Grabbing McCann at 24 have made the Kesler trade better and have also changed many opinions that's for sure.
I agree. Especially when Benning was limited to 2 teams.

Looking back at other trades for centres.

Spezza and Ludwig Karlsson <-> Alex Chiasson / Alex Guptill / Nicholas Paul 2nd-round pick (2015)

Voracek / 1st (Couturier) / 3rd (Cousins) <-> Jeff Carter <-> Jack Johnson and 1st (Dano)

Richards + Bordson <-> Simmonds / Schenn / 2nd round (traded to Dallas for Grossman)

Overall, Kesler + 3rd got us Bonino, Sbisa, McCann, and Dorsett.

Limited to 2 teams to deal with and Kesler's health...I'm pretty happy. Sad to see him go, but like the value we got.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #1384
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Ahh I'd much rather have Schneider's deal over Miller's. *sigh*
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #1385

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
I agree. Especially when Benning was limited to 2 teams.

Looking back at other trades for centres.

Spezza and Ludwig Karlsson <-> Alex Chiasson / Alex Guptill / Nicholas Paul 2nd-round pick (2015)

Voracek / 1st (Couturier) / 3rd (Cousins) <-> Jeff Carter <-> Jack Johnson and 1st (Dano)

Richards + Bordson <-> Simmonds / Schenn / 2nd round (traded to Dallas for Grossman)

Overall, Kesler + 3rd got us Bonino, Sbisa, McCann, and Dorsett.

Limited to 2 teams to deal with and Kesler's health...I'm pretty happy. Sad to see him go, but like the value we got.
Kesler to ANA was a much better return for the Canucks than what Gillis for got for Schneider

The general return formula for a player an impact player of late looks to be a roster player + prospect + 1st rounder.

Gillis got for 1/3 lol.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
Old 07-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #1386

Comparing the Kesler and Schneider trade makes absolutely no sense when they play completely different positions...

When was the last time a goalie got a massive return? Varlamov for a 1st and 2nd? I wouldn't even call that a massive return... goalies never get the roster player + prospect + 1st return

Under the circumstances at the time, 9th overall pick in a deep draft for Schneider was decent. If Horvat reaches his potential and becomes a Bergeron-lite it'll be a great return
Old 07-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #1387

schneiders projection and numbers were a lot better than Varlamov (iirc) where i think he struggled in WSH

and i dont think playing goalie position should hamper the return value. a good player is a good player, granted Schneider didnt have the same resume as Kesler

but yeah your right, i dont recall a roster player + 1st + prospect for a goalie being swapped in recent memory. but maybe there just havnt been top end goalies moved of late (that werent rentals)

and if Horvat or even McCann turn into a Bergeron lite that would solidify center

Old 07-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #1388
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Kane and Toews signing for 10.5 mill for 8 years.

Dont doubt they deserve whatever they demand.
But they potentially messed up their teams future.
Alienates your fellow teammates and sets a precedents amongst every player who 'thinks' their elite.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #1389
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
If the Sedins brought us 2 Cups at 25/26 years old and got 10.5 each, I think we'd all be like

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?

Last edited by punkwax; 07-09-2014 at 08:29 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #1390

Thanked 3,852 Times in 888 Posts
would you turn down $84 million?

i can see players being worried about the team's future if they havent won a cup yet as they'd want to give the team an edge by taking less... but when you've already won 2 olympic gold medals and took home the stanley cup twice, all at the age of 26 (Toews), who cares what else goes on as long as you get paid?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #1391
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
With the rules of how the CBA, its really hard not to ask for this type of money on arguably two of the best hockey players in the game right now.

FYI, Stamkos will be UFA in 2 years. Of course, definitely not as decorated as Toews, but definitely compares to Kane in terms of individual efforts.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #1392
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Dane Fox looks like a milder comic book guy lol
Old 07-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #1393
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Won't having 2 guys (albeit great players) lock up $21m cap give the Blackhawks a lot less room to sign good players to build a contender?
I read that with these signings, a significant impact player is definitely gone, Sharp?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #1394
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Won't having 2 guys (albeit great players) lock up $21m cap give the Blackhawks a lot less room to sign good players to build a contender?
I read that with these signings, a significant impact player is definitely gone, Sharp?
Yeah... pretty much. As much as they want and deserve a big paycheque, it's inevitable it will handcuff their team. As someone said earlier, maybe they don't care, cause they brought home 2 cups already. So they just want the money now.

They aren't the best "bang for buck" players with a 10.5mil caphit. But the organization can't afford to let these two walk... so they keep them, but bite the bullet in giving them a hefty raise.

It is what it is.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 07-10-2014, 12:34 AM   #1395
Need to Seek Professional Help

The salary cap goes up quite a bit year after year. The next 2-3 years could be difficult, but Chicago still has their core line until then.

In the meanwhile it will be difficult to sign players, unless they want to take a huge discount to sign with a team that could win the Stanley Cup.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #1396
Need my Daily Fix of RS

The Blackhawks also have this advantage which helps them with lower salary good young players.. Scotty Bowman Bio - Chicago Blackhawks - Team

They are in good company as an organization that has consistently drafted well for the last 5+ years.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:45 AM   #1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
The salary cap goes up quite a bit year after year. The next 2-3 years could be difficult, but Chicago still has their core line until then.

In the meanwhile it will be difficult to sign players, unless they want to take a huge discount to sign with a team that could win the Stanley Cup.
Of course the cap goes up but the 10M+ contracts aren't exactly what I call a bargain

Looking at the Hawks roster for next year they'll only have 3M cap space to re-sign/replace:

Richards, Brad »
Kruger, Marcus »
Saad, Brandon »
Regin, Peter »
Oduya, Johnny »
Leddy, Nick »
Rozsival, Michal »
Rundblad, David »

Saad and Leddy should be getting raises. Is Chicago planning to have half their team of AHLers on ELC's for next season?
Old 07-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #1398
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts

LeBrun reporting that Sobotka signed with a KHL team, big blow for St. Louis if contract has no out clause, he's a key cog as their 3rd line center, great two way player.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #1399

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Of course the cap goes up but the 10M+ contracts aren't exactly what I call a bargain

Looking at the Hawks roster for next year they'll only have 3M cap space to re-sign/replace:

Richards, Brad »
Kruger, Marcus »
Saad, Brandon »
Regin, Peter »
Oduya, Johnny »
Leddy, Nick »
Rozsival, Michal »
Rundblad, David »

Saad and Leddy should be getting raises. Is Chicago planning to have half their team of AHLers on ELC's for next season?
Kings have same problem next year.

Williams
Stoll
Clifford
Toffoli
Pearson
Reghr (nah)
Martinez
Muzzin

18 million to sign 11.

These guys are solid guys that make the Kings, the playoff Kings.

Feel like I'm sucking up to Benning, but another good thing about the Kesler trade is IF Bonino provides comparable scoring to last year, he's signed for $1.8 million for next 3 years...
Old 07-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #1400
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post

Richards, Brad »
Kruger, Marcus »
Saad, Brandon »
Regin, Peter »
Oduya, Johnny »
Leddy, Nick »
Rozsival, Michal »
Rundblad, David »

On the flip side, that's a lot of attractive assets that you can flip for picks/prospects
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread