REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The mess in Ferguson - Murder of Michael Brown by police (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697475-mess-ferguson-murder-michael-brown-police.html)

Ronin 08-16-2014 02:30 PM

Gross...I've heard of putting your money where your mouth is but not literally, kid. Old bills are nasty.

iEatClams 08-16-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8517406)
I don't think anyone would disagree with you, but remember that cop in tsawwassen that off duty was drunk and killed a kid, he basically got a spank on the backside and nothing more. A mere mortal would have been done with manslaughter.

Cops don't face the same justice as the rest of us. They are just a "legal" gang. None of us agree with it, but that's life.

soo true. although I respect the work that they do, I just hate how they are protected by their unions and are not held accountable.

it's the same old story, cop commits a crime where any other citizen would get fired and do jail time, but all they get is "suspended with pay".

underscore 08-17-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane (Post 8517388)
Anyone who thinks this single isolated incident is some kind of universal proof of white cops having a systemic disregard for black human life is as ridiculous as CiC.

It's the same as anything else, anybody dealing with generalizations about a group because of a few members of that group is a fucking idiot. Bonus idiot points if they forget that the police are still humans capable of making mistakes.

ancient_510 08-17-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludepower (Post 8517120)
Havn't we learned...do not resist.
You do not give officers one bit of an excuse to use lethal force. Put your head down and hands behind your back. You'll have your day in court.

1:14

vafanculo 08-17-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ancient_510 (Post 8517992)

If you do that, you deserve to get beat. Cops are human too. Guy crossed the line (trying to kill the cop), and they crossed the line too.

Cops just had a press conference. Not sure if I believe the cop. There's media everywhere, I'm sure we'd hear of cop shootings, and Molotov's from them.

Ronin 08-17-2014 10:47 PM

Watching the Vice live feed. Did something happen today? I heard "subject down" and the chief is giving a statement right now about other events.

vafanculo 08-17-2014 10:53 PM

He basically said he's happy with how the cops handled the crowd, and gave examples of crimes happening elsewhere. Maybe he didn't sound too confident, but sounds like he's exaggerating at the least haha

scottsman 08-18-2014 05:19 AM

On the first page someone brought up the amount of black murders since Travyon or something. This is relevant even though many of you failed the post. A lot of the people killed in a city like Chicago are innocent bystanders but you don't see the local populations outraged because most of it is black on black. Quite a few young children are killed by bullets going through walls in their house, caught in cross fire, etc...

4444 08-18-2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottsman (Post 8518065)
On the first page someone brought up the amount of black murders since Travyon or something. This is relevant even though many of you failed the post. A lot of the people killed in a city like Chicago are innocent bystanders but you don't see the local populations outraged because most of it is black on black. Quite a few young children are killed by bullets going through walls in their house, caught in cross fire, etc...

exactly, i think those that failed it are just crowd followers. it is a valid point, the gang members of chicago care for no one but themselves, innocent kids of 10, 11 are killed too often (remember that girl that met obama and then a short time after died... hit the news, but no real outrage).

i have less and less sympathy for these ghetto dwellers. pull up your pants, do some hard work, leave that shit behind.

adambomb 08-18-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

The New York Times reported that the autopsy by Dr. Michael Baden, a former New York City chief medical examiner, found that one of the bullets entered the top of Michael Brown's skull, suggesting that his head was bent forward when he suffered a fatal injury.
Quote:

Baden told the Times that Brown was also shot four times in the right arm and that all the bullets were fired into his front. The newspaper said the bullets did not appear to have come from very close range because there was no gunpowder on his body.

That determination could change if there were residue on Brown's clothing, which Baden did not examine, the newspaper said.

Some of the bullets entered and exited Brown several times, the newspaper said, including one that caused at least five wounds. It said one shattered his right eye, went through his face, left through his jaw and re-entered his collarbone. The last two shots in the head would have stopped him in his tracks and were likely the last fired, the Times said.

Baden told the newspaper Brown would not have survived even if he had been taken to a hospital immediately.
Autopsy results show he was not running away when shot.

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/...-master495.jpg

Michael Brown: Autopsy reveals unarmed teen shot 6 times by police - World - CBC News

MG1 08-18-2014 07:47 AM

That's not a black man..................:troll:

evlee 08-18-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8518089)
That's not a black man..................:troll:

toook me a while :lawl::derp:

MG1 08-18-2014 08:19 AM

yup, the cranial structure isn't quite right..........

dangonay 08-18-2014 12:08 PM

So the first autopsy says Brown shot 6 times. 4 in arms 2 in head. All 6 shots were from the front.

So what does that say about the witnesses who claim Briwn was running away when shot? Or the witness claiming Brown was shot in the back while running?

multicartual 08-18-2014 12:18 PM

Fuck there would be nation-wide CHAOS if the results came back to show conclusively that Brown charged the cop and got shot justifiably

Here's what will happen:

Eric Holder will order a federal investigation
White cop shooter will be found guilty of murder, given 20+ years
Shit cools off and the blacks will feel like they got justice
Obama pardons him at the end of his 2nd term
Guy comes out of jail, is given multi-million dollar book deal for conservative audience

underscore 08-18-2014 01:17 PM

So he definitely wasn't running away, range isn't determined yet though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8518067)
exactly, i think those that failed it are just crowd followers. it is a valid point, the gang members of chicago care for no one but themselves, innocent kids of 10, 11 are killed too often (remember that girl that met obama and then a short time after died... hit the news, but no real outrage).

i have less and less sympathy for these ghetto dwellers. pull up your pants, do some hard work, leave that shit behind.

Don't forget the kids that have been killed intentionally because of debts or disputes their parents had with gangbangers.

BrRsn 08-18-2014 01:42 PM

john oliver did a piece on this

7seven 08-18-2014 03:11 PM

Oliver makes some valid points, but he often conveniently ignores some issues and takes clips out of context to twist things to his view, there are certain budgetary issues as to why the county police force is wearing military surplus tactical uniforms, police had to respond in force with crowd control equipment as the protest where not peaceful with certain elements looking at this just to riot, loot and attack police with rocks and molotov cocktails. Even the peace protestors the last few days have voiced anger and frustration at the idiots who are just looking at this as an excuse to riot.

Much like John Stewart does as well, Oliver and Stewart aren't too different from the right nut bag Bill O'Reilly, except they the left version and do a better job putting a comedic spin on it.

Noreason 08-18-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adambomb (Post 8518085)

Yep, the autopsy reports collaborate the officers story that they were chasing Michael Brown when he suddenly turned around and charged and them.

Warning live leak video of the crime scene: NSFW.
http://http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e94_1408294281

@6:29 of the video it picks up a conversation of a witness who says Brown turned around at ran at the police.

He thought the police kept missing because Brown kept charging until probably that shot to the head.

Interesting different side of the story.

Happy 08-18-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8517406)
I don't think anyone would disagree with you, but remember that cop in tsawwassen that off duty was drunk and killed a kid, he basically got a spank on the backside and nothing more. A mere mortal would have been done with manslaughter.

Cops don't face the same justice as the rest of us. They are just a "legal" gang. None of us agree with it, but that's life.

That case was bullshit. Apparently cops are trained to do exactly what he did. If you hit someone while drinking and driving -> leave your license at the scene -> go home and down a couple of shots -> come back and say you only drank after the accident happened. I don't understand how he still got his pension + he got to retire early

It was the same cop that tased the guy to death in YVR

mr_chin 08-18-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noreason (Post 8518324)
Yep, the autopsy reports collaborate the officers story that they were chasing Michael Brown when he suddenly turned around and charged and them.

Warning live leak video of the crime scene: NSFW.
http://http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e94_1408294281

@6:29 of the video it picks up a conversation of a witness who says Brown turned around at ran at the police.

He thought the police kept missing because Brown kept charging until probably that shot to the head.

Interesting different side of the story.

link fixed

68style 08-18-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 8518339)
That case was bullshit. Apparently cops are trained to do exactly what he did. If you hit someone while drinking and driving -> leave your license at the scene -> go home and down a couple of shots -> come back and say you only drank after the accident happened. I don't understand how he still got his pension + he got to retire early

It was the same cop that tased the guy to death in YVR

That's a pretty stupid claim to make, why would a police force train its members how to get out of illegal situations they become involved in.

You might know ways to get around loopholes from administering those laws as part of the job... but they definitely don't train you how to fuck around when you fuck up. Nobody likes a fuckup and there are fuckups in every single profession in the world -- policing included. Probably a lot less % wise than most professions though, but it doesn't make newspaper headlines when an office worker orders the wrong grade of paper for the photocopier does it? You try doing your job every day full of random incidents constantly under scrutiny of a million bosses (supervisors, public, media) and see how you like it when every single thing you do is questioned from every possible angle.

parm104 08-19-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 8518339)
That case was bullshit. Apparently cops are trained to do exactly what he did. If you hit someone while drinking and driving -> leave your license at the scene -> go home and down a couple of shots -> come back and say you only drank after the accident happened.

Yup, you're right. It's on page 14 of the RCMP Training Manual. WoW, good catch man! Those lil buggers were trying to hide this sly training procedure from us but thanks to you, we're all privy to their sneaky ways now!

4444 08-19-2014 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8518488)
Yup, you're right. It's on page 14 of the RCMP Training Manual. WoW, good catch man! Those lil buggers were trying to hide this sly training procedure from us but thanks to you, we're all privy to their sneaky ways now!

you know sarcasm on the internet doesn't work, right?

Bouncing Bettys 08-19-2014 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8518208)
So he definitely wasn't running away, range isn't determined yet though.

Didn't the police initially say Brown was shot from around 35ft away from the police car which was in close proximity to the officer as he fired? Seems odd he felt he had no other options than a kill shot to the head if Brown wasn't within a few feet of him.