REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #51
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Gross...I've heard of putting your money where your mouth is but not literally, kid. Old bills are nasty.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #52
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
I don't think anyone would disagree with you, but remember that cop in tsawwassen that off duty was drunk and killed a kid, he basically got a spank on the backside and nothing more. A mere mortal would have been done with manslaughter.

Cops don't face the same justice as the rest of us. They are just a "legal" gang. None of us agree with it, but that's life.
soo true. although I respect the work that they do, I just hate how they are protected by their unions and are not held accountable.

it's the same old story, cop commits a crime where any other citizen would get fired and do jail time, but all they get is "suspended with pay".
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:22 AM   #53
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Anyone who thinks this single isolated incident is some kind of universal proof of white cops having a systemic disregard for black human life is as ridiculous as CiC.
It's the same as anything else, anybody dealing with generalizations about a group because of a few members of that group is a fucking idiot. Bonus idiot points if they forget that the police are still humans capable of making mistakes.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #54
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Havn't we learned...do not resist.
You do not give officers one bit of an excuse to use lethal force. Put your head down and hands behind your back. You'll have your day in court.
1:14
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2014, 10:43 PM   #55
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_510 View Post
If you do that, you deserve to get beat. Cops are human too. Guy crossed the line (trying to kill the cop), and they crossed the line too.

Cops just had a press conference. Not sure if I believe the cop. There's media everywhere, I'm sure we'd hear of cop shootings, and Molotov's from them.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #56
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Watching the Vice live feed. Did something happen today? I heard "subject down" and the chief is giving a statement right now about other events.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #57

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
He basically said he's happy with how the cops handled the crowd, and gave examples of crimes happening elsewhere. Maybe he didn't sound too confident, but sounds like he's exaggerating at the least haha
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:19 AM   #58
Need to Seek Professional Help

On the first page someone brought up the amount of black murders since Travyon or something. This is relevant even though many of you failed the post. A lot of the people killed in a city like Chicago are innocent bystanders but you don't see the local populations outraged because most of it is black on black. Quite a few young children are killed by bullets going through walls in their house, caught in cross fire, etc...
Old 08-18-2014, 05:53 AM   #59

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
On the first page someone brought up the amount of black murders since Travyon or something. This is relevant even though many of you failed the post. A lot of the people killed in a city like Chicago are innocent bystanders but you don't see the local populations outraged because most of it is black on black. Quite a few young children are killed by bullets going through walls in their house, caught in cross fire, etc...
exactly, i think those that failed it are just crowd followers. it is a valid point, the gang members of chicago care for no one but themselves, innocent kids of 10, 11 are killed too often (remember that girl that met obama and then a short time after died... hit the news, but no real outrage).

i have less and less sympathy for these ghetto dwellers. pull up your pants, do some hard work, leave that shit behind.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #60
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
The New York Times reported that the autopsy by Dr. Michael Baden, a former New York City chief medical examiner, found that one of the bullets entered the top of Michael Brown's skull, suggesting that his head was bent forward when he suffered a fatal injury.
Quote:
Baden told the Times that Brown was also shot four times in the right arm and that all the bullets were fired into his front. The newspaper said the bullets did not appear to have come from very close range because there was no gunpowder on his body.

That determination could change if there were residue on Brown's clothing, which Baden did not examine, the newspaper said.

Some of the bullets entered and exited Brown several times, the newspaper said, including one that caused at least five wounds. It said one shattered his right eye, went through his face, left through his jaw and re-entered his collarbone. The last two shots in the head would have stopped him in his tracks and were likely the last fired, the Times said.

Baden told the newspaper Brown would not have survived even if he had been taken to a hospital immediately.
Autopsy results show he was not running away when shot.

Michael Brown: Autopsy reveals unarmed teen shot 6 times by police - World - CBC News
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:47 AM   #61
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
That's not a black man..................
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #62
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
That's not a black man..................
toook me a while
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #63
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
yup, the cranial structure isn't quite right..........
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #64
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
So the first autopsy says Brown shot 6 times. 4 in arms 2 in head. All 6 shots were from the front.

So what does that say about the witnesses who claim Briwn was running away when shot? Or the witness claiming Brown was shot in the back while running?
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #65
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Fuck there would be nation-wide CHAOS if the results came back to show conclusively that Brown charged the cop and got shot justifiably

Here's what will happen:

Eric Holder will order a federal investigation
White cop shooter will be found guilty of murder, given 20+ years
Shit cools off and the blacks will feel like they got justice
Obama pardons him at the end of his 2nd term
Guy comes out of jail, is given multi-million dollar book deal for conservative audience
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #66
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
So he definitely wasn't running away, range isn't determined yet though.

Quote:
exactly, i think those that failed it are just crowd followers. it is a valid point, the gang members of chicago care for no one but themselves, innocent kids of 10, 11 are killed too often (remember that girl that met obama and then a short time after died... hit the news, but no real outrage).

i have less and less sympathy for these ghetto dwellers. pull up your pants, do some hard work, leave that shit behind.
Don't forget the kids that have been killed intentionally because of debts or disputes their parents had with gangbangers.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #67
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
john oliver did a piece on this

BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #68
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Oliver makes some valid points, but he often conveniently ignores some issues and takes clips out of context to twist things to his view, there are certain budgetary issues as to why the county police force is wearing military surplus tactical uniforms, police had to respond in force with crowd control equipment as the protest where not peaceful with certain elements looking at this just to riot, loot and attack police with rocks and molotov cocktails. Even the peace protestors the last few days have voiced anger and frustration at the idiots who are just looking at this as an excuse to riot.

Much like John Stewart does as well, Oliver and Stewart aren't too different from the right nut bag Bill O'Reilly, except they the left version and do a better job putting a comedic spin on it.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:54 PM   #69
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
Yep, the autopsy reports collaborate the officers story that they were chasing Michael Brown when he suddenly turned around and charged and them.

Warning live leak video of the crime scene: NSFW.
http://http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e94_1408294281

@6:29 of the video it picks up a conversation of a witness who says Brown turned around at ran at the police.

He thought the police kept missing because Brown kept charging until probably that shot to the head.

Interesting different side of the story.
Noreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:34 PM   #70
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
I don't think anyone would disagree with you, but remember that cop in tsawwassen that off duty was drunk and killed a kid, he basically got a spank on the backside and nothing more. A mere mortal would have been done with manslaughter.

Cops don't face the same justice as the rest of us. They are just a "legal" gang. None of us agree with it, but that's life.
That case was bullshit. Apparently cops are trained to do exactly what he did. If you hit someone while drinking and driving -> leave your license at the scene -> go home and down a couple of shots -> come back and say you only drank after the accident happened. I don't understand how he still got his pension + he got to retire early

It was the same cop that tased the guy to death in YVR
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #71

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreason View Post
Yep, the autopsy reports collaborate the officers story that they were chasing Michael Brown when he suddenly turned around and charged and them.

Warning live leak video of the crime scene: NSFW.
http://http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e94_1408294281

@6:29 of the video it picks up a conversation of a witness who says Brown turned around at ran at the police.

He thought the police kept missing because Brown kept charging until probably that shot to the head.

Interesting different side of the story.
link fixed
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #72
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,398 Times in 5,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
That case was bullshit. Apparently cops are trained to do exactly what he did. If you hit someone while drinking and driving -> leave your license at the scene -> go home and down a couple of shots -> come back and say you only drank after the accident happened. I don't understand how he still got his pension + he got to retire early

It was the same cop that tased the guy to death in YVR
That's a pretty stupid claim to make, why would a police force train its members how to get out of illegal situations they become involved in.

You might know ways to get around loopholes from administering those laws as part of the job... but they definitely don't train you how to fuck around when you fuck up. Nobody likes a fuckup and there are fuckups in every single profession in the world -- policing included. Probably a lot less % wise than most professions though, but it doesn't make newspaper headlines when an office worker orders the wrong grade of paper for the photocopier does it? You try doing your job every day full of random incidents constantly under scrutiny of a million bosses (supervisors, public, media) and see how you like it when every single thing you do is questioned from every possible angle.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #73

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
That case was bullshit. Apparently cops are trained to do exactly what he did. If you hit someone while drinking and driving -> leave your license at the scene -> go home and down a couple of shots -> come back and say you only drank after the accident happened.
Yup, you're right. It's on page 14 of the RCMP Training Manual. WoW, good catch man! Those lil buggers were trying to hide this sly training procedure from us but thanks to you, we're all privy to their sneaky ways now!
Old 08-19-2014, 02:02 AM   #74

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Yup, you're right. It's on page 14 of the RCMP Training Manual. WoW, good catch man! Those lil buggers were trying to hide this sly training procedure from us but thanks to you, we're all privy to their sneaky ways now!
you know sarcasm on the internet doesn't work, right?
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-19-2014, 03:13 AM   #75
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
So he definitely wasn't running away, range isn't determined yet though.
Didn't the police initially say Brown was shot from around 35ft away from the police car which was in close proximity to the officer as he fired? Seems odd he felt he had no other options than a kill shot to the head if Brown wasn't within a few feet of him.