REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #276
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
lol move to ridge, seeing white ppl on horses riding
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #277
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
used to see that a lot not so much anymore

used to get a lot of wildlife too not so much anymore :/
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #278
Banned (ABWS)

So apparently purple shirt man is suing apple daily for reporting that the lady claimed she was sexually assaulted (he kept grabbing her legs).

It turns out he owns 4 restaurants in Hong Kong, yet he can't afford to feed his family.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...py-leaders-and
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #279
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Liu said he fell to the ground during the chaos and had to grab whatever was closest to him for support.
imagine the precedence it'll set if he wins. i was falling so i grabbed whatever was near me for support.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #280
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twdm View Post
So apparently purple shirt man is suing apple daily for reporting that the lady claimed she was sexually assaulted (he kept grabbing her legs).

It turns out he owns 4 restaurants in Hong Kong, yet he can't afford to feed his family.

Man accused of sexually harassing protester vows to sue Occupy leaders and Apple Daily | South China Morning Post
Lies there are photos and video showing him purposely grabbing the female legs. And when you are on the floor the best way to protect is to roll like a ball using your hands to cover your head, not trying to grab some female legs.

Good luck trying to sue apple. Their pockets are so deep they can afford to play with this guy till he goes bankrupt.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #281
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I saw the whole video, and to me it doesn't really look like he was perving girls on purpose.. He grabbed one girl's legs, and then pushed another lady at her chest... I can't say for sure, but to me his motives weren't sexual.

Fucked up story of the day

A senior editor at the South China Morning Post was physically assaulted by a man attending his lecture at the University of Hong Kong yesterday and received treatment in hospital.

Cliff Buddle, the Post's special projects editor and an honorary lecturer in media law and ethics at HKU's journalism and media studies centre, was attacked by a 26-year-old mainlander, who claimed to be a student from Tsinghua University in Beijing, witnesses said.

The man, a Putonghua speaker, expressed annoyance at Buddle's use of English instead of Chinese at the university, where most of the teaching is done in English.

"It has been 17 years into Hong Kong's handover. Why is English still used for teaching?" witnesses cited the man as shouting at about 2pm.

Security guards alerted the police, who arrested him on suspicion of common assault. The man was overheard telling police he thought there was "no problem" hitting a foreign teacher.
Buddle was treated for injuries to his hand and chest before being discharged from hospital.
The 50-year-old journalist told how the man kicked him in the chest and injured his hand by hitting it with a hard-cover folder.

"He suddenly walked to the front of the class during my lecture and assaulted me," Buddle said. "There was no discussion."

HKU confirmed the man was not one of its students and vowed to review security arrangements at the Pok Fu Lam campus.

"I am surprised and saddened. It is rare for something like this to happen in Hong Kong," Buddle said.
"I am very grateful to my teaching assistant and students who remained calm and refused to leave until the attacker had been apprehended."

Wang Xiangwei, editor-in-chief of the Post, said: "We condemn this attack on our colleague, Cliff. Violence has no place in the classroom. Police are currently investigating and we trust they will handle the matter appropriately."
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #282
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Wang Xiangwei, editor-in-chief of the Post, said: "We condemn this attack on our colleague, Cliff. Violence has no place in the classroom. Police are currently investigating and we trust they will handle the matter appropriately."
i'd love to hear what the follow-up to this by the police would be.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i'd love to hear what the follow-up to this by the police would be.
Hopefully he gets deported

What's funny is that he would have needed a student visa to get into Hong Kong, so it should have been quite clear to him that Hong Kong was not simply "returned to China"
Old 10-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #284
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Angela Liu / Year 3 BJ Student

asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #285
RS controls my life!

lolz
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #286
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
even jon stewart agreed that it was a man that got mased not an old lady.... and i got failed

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #287
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
the gov isn't having any discussions anymore. There are less people on the streets now and US have anncounce earlier this week they don't give a shit about this protest.

I guess is over. I just hope these kids are smart enough and back off before police start using force on them.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-10-2014, 12:11 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
the gov isn't having any discussions anymore. There are less people on the streets now and US have anncounce earlier this week they don't give a shit about this protest.

I guess is over. I just hope these kids are smart enough and back off before police start using force on them.
It's not over lol

Tonight or tomorrow, there is probably going to be the biggest outcome at admiralty so far
Old 10-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #289
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's not over lol

Tonight or tomorrow, there is probably going to be the biggest outcome at admiralty so far
calm before the storm?
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #290
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

You've got professional drivers ready to overrun the barriers....

We'll remove Occupy barricades, warn professional drivers | South China Morning Post

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #291
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Right now:

v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #292

Yeah it's not over. These "kids" aren't "smart enough" to simply give up I guess
Old 10-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #293
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thank god. Keep fighting the good fight. If I was there I'd supply them food all day long
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #294
I am Hook'd on RS

Keep 'em updates coming.
fourthavenuecafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #295
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
so it's dwindled down to only weekend appearances en masse and on the weekdays most people go home?

this died out quick i think Occupy lasted longer
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #296
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
so it's dwindled down to only weekend appearances en masse and on the weekdays most people go home?

this died out quick i think Occupy lasted longer
No it died out because they were going to have talks but then China changed it's mind.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #297
I don't get it

Major activity going on now. Police tearing down the protest with force at Lung Wo road.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #298
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
-wondering what the student leaders of the protest have in place as a "back up plan" if the police go beast mode to use lethal forms of force against the students and to remove the barricades.

I support the "Umbrella Revolution" since day 1 hoping that maybe, just maybe Hong Kong does get universal suffrage one day.

For those on this thread that are old enough to remember like me, I remember seeing news footage of tanks rolling into Tiananmen Square back in 1989. The communist government of China is ruthless. They will do anything in order to maintain their reigns of power. Anything.

No more bloodshed, please. 1989 was bad enough.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #299
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,298 Times in 2,510 Posts
The Communist government is not stupid. They know the repercussions of sending troops in for a bloody clear out. More than anything else, they know that they and the richest Chinese have a lot of real monetary interested kept in HK (e.g in the financial and real estate markets, among many others), and doing a hard crackdown would severely destroy their own wealth. So no, I don't think you will see anything bloody.

As a matter of fact, news reports have indicated that President Xi has decreed that the PLA will not be sent in unless widespread looting, fire, bloodshed, and other riot/chaos-like situations really develop. But Xi will also not back down on anything further because he believes the Communist government has already conceded on 2 previous issues (Article 23 national security legislation and national education).

I cannot foresee how the situation can be resolved, short of any further milder forms of police brutality being used to clear out the streets, in conjunction with triad involvement to instigate and rough the protesters up. Already, the Lung Woh Streets have already been cleared using the police brutality approach, and there are numerous reports of how the police have pulled protesters and reporters alike off to the side and physically beat them up. As a matter of fact, there is video evidence showing how one particular protester was pulled off to a dark corner to get kicked and beaten up by multiple officers while another officers take watch.

Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #300
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Disgusting police brutality. Those fucking pigs! Talk about disrespecting the badge. Their actions are a disgrace.