REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2014, 09:07 PM   #51
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
ae101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: space
Posts: 3,240
Thanked 1,444 Times in 567 Posts
FYI instagram is blocked by china today as they are afraid.ppl in china will see whats happening in hk

i better stop viewing this thread or else they block rs too
Advertisement
__________________
http://i55.tinypic.com/jujz2q.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #52
Need to Shave n Shower, but I CANT STOP POSTING ON RS
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 19,767
Thanked 6,444 Times in 1,212 Posts
It is quite sad and stressful to live in hong kong, if you think Vancouver house price is bad, food is expensive, HK should be much worse.

1. Unstable political environment, apparently CY and his team are only a puppet and local representation of the PRC gov't, rather than the president of a city (unlike Taiwan). From universal suffrage to granting a free-TV license, it's obvious remote controlled by the govn't

2. Limited economy growth. Hongers always want to be number 1 in Asia, but the rankings have dropped compared to other country or cities. The whole economy relies heavily on PRC, retails, investment, imports, real estates, tourism, education, even foods. Hong Kong is still one of the "favourite son" along with Macau, but things start to change.

3. Stressful living in Hong Kong - Hongers are fucking hard workers, people around me they work hard, invest hard, and cheap out hard. You can see how crazy people sell their iphone for $300cdn profit. For what? for better living. A 500sqft now cost 5million at least in any area ($710K cdn), that is like two bedroom apartment. A decent 750sqft 3 bedroom will cost $1.2mil cdn easily. It is impossible for an average dude to afford one, consider the average salary of Hongers is only $12000HKD ($1700cdn). Forget about cars, people who make $35000 a month can barely make a living here.

How difficult is it to climb a corporate ladder in Hong Kong? In general, office staff generates very little income from paycheque in their first 5 years. If you get a degree at age 23, your income will start from as low as $10000 ($1430cdn) to $13000, then probably under $20000 with 5 yrs of experience. You can see people switch job quite often, as annual increment usually offers no more than 4.5% a year. $10000 1st yr, $10450 2nd yr, $10920 3rd yr, $11410 4th yr, $11,930 5th yr , you are still in fucking poverty.

Imagine with such low income and high cost of living, good reason they need to fight for it. Going back to the materialistic case, it is often know as "Honger Girls", they need to find someone rich to get out of poverty.

Last edited by asian_XL; 09-28-2014 at 10:30 PM.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #53
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,021
Thanked 17,637 Times in 5,344 Posts
Shit just got real



SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #54
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,105
Thanked 6,737 Times in 2,290 Posts
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #55
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 3,559
Thanked 3,813 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Off topic, but...



What a fucking stupid reason to break up with someone.



That is all.
Thanks. Beat me to it. Typical Chinese female mentality. Materialism comes before anything. I'd say the fucking whore wasn't worth keeping anyway. He was a dumbass for wasting 10 years of his time for that bitch.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #56
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,021
Thanked 17,637 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
I saw that, and assumed it was fake.. at least I hope it is. That's some North Korea level propaganda right there
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #57
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005
 
TOPEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,945
Thanked 2,176 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
LOLS if that is actually real and not a photoshop/fake then HK ppl r gonna flip
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
I had some girl come into the busser station the other day trying to make out with every staff member and then pull down her pants and asked for someone to stick a dick in her (at least she shaved).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #58
(╯□)╯聽不到 ╮(□╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,813
Thanked 10,865 Times in 2,127 Posts
It would surprise me that China would broadcast such propaganda

however, this incident has gotten quite the attention of the media and the "netizens" of china are not stupid.

Those knowing how to access the net outside of China will just bash Hong Kong anyways.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #59
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS
 
CP.AR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL400
Posts: 5,833
Thanked 3,018 Times in 1,025 Posts
Isn't phoenix TV from Taiwan?
__________________
My Babies:
2004 Camry Special Special Edition (Van)
1997 Mazda Eunos 500 (Oz) (Sold... obviously)
CP.AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #60
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
ShyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,340
Thanked 262 Times in 81 Posts
People in Guangzhou have TVB (local Hong Kong station) and whenever there is news about the situation in HK, it gets cut to commercial.
__________________
:makeout:
ShyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #61
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,353
Thanked 1,794 Times in 823 Posts
As someone with family members still living in HK, it truly saddens me to see the gradual deterioration of the former colony. I admire HK for its unique identity as possessing the best of Eastern and Western cultures. However, HK is losing this niche and is declining as a centre of world commerce. If there is no rule of law, then HK really serves no purpose other than being just another Chinese special economic zone with traditional Chinese signs.

I feel sorry for the protesters because their efforts are ultimately futile. No, China won't roll in the tanks, but they'll put the pressure on the territory in other ways and the world will turn a blind eye because of China's economic clout. The protesters and/or their parents should really dust off those Canadian/Australian/British passports and leave. A number of Hongers whom I went to school with returned to HK to work and raise families presumably because it was easier for them to get jobs there. I wonder how these people are feeling now? Canada may treat such people with disdain, but at least they can live their lives in peace and give their children a decent shot in life.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #62
(╯□)╯聽不到 ╮(□╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,813
Thanked 10,865 Times in 2,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
As someone with family members still living in HK, it truly saddens me to see the gradual deterioration of the former colony. I admire HK for its unique identity as possessing the best of Eastern and Western cultures. However, HK is losing this niche and is declining as a centre of world commerce. If there is no rule of law, then HK really serves no purpose other than being just another Chinese special economic zone with traditional Chinese signs.

I feel sorry for the protesters because their efforts are ultimately futile. No, China won't roll in the tanks, but they'll put the pressure on the territory in other ways and the world will turn a blind eye because of China's economic clout. The protesters and/or their parents should really dust off those Canadian/Australian/British passports and leave. A number of Hongers whom I went to school with returned to HK to work and raise families presumably because it was easier for them to get jobs there. I wonder how these people are feeling now? Canada may treat such people with disdain, but at least they can live their lives in peace and give their children a decent shot in life.
I completely agree with you on this one. However, those that benefit from having dual citizenship probably already enjoy a better life to begin with.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #63
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 70
Thanked 31 Times in 11 Posts
Spoiler!


lol... protests are in richmond and at the vancouver art gallery... inb4 everyone in richmond

edit: it was supposed to be yesterday... did it actually happen?
kevinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #64
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 16,350
Thanked 5,615 Times in 2,303 Posts
i thought it's known that the Mainland Chinese rich enough (by their standards) to take vacations learn more about their government when they travel abroad and see all the biased Falun Gong campaigns than they do back home? More so the middle-aged ones, not the ones that know how to navigate around the Internet uncensored.
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:37 AM   #65
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.
 
Mr.HappySilp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,546
Thanked 1,665 Times in 847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
It is quite sad and stressful to live in hong kong, if you think Vancouver house price is bad, food is expensive, HK should be much worse.

1. Unstable political environment, apparently CY and his team are only a puppet and local representation of the PRC gov't, rather than the president of a city (unlike Taiwan). From universal suffrage to granting a free-TV license, it's obvious remote controlled by the govn't

2. Limited economy growth. Hongers always want to be number 1 in Asia, but the rankings have dropped compared to other country or cities. The whole economy relies heavily on PRC, retails, investment, imports, real estates, tourism, education, even foods. Hong Kong is still one of the "favourite son" along with Macau, but things start to change.

3. Stressful living in Hong Kong - Hongers are fucking hard workers, people around me they work hard, invest hard, and cheap out hard. You can see how crazy people sell their iphone for $300cdn profit. For what? for better living. A 500sqft now cost 5million at least in any area ($710K cdn), that is like two bedroom apartment. A decent 750sqft 3 bedroom will cost $1.2mil cdn easily. It is impossible for an average dude to afford one, consider the average salary of Hongers is only $12000HKD ($1700cdn). Forget about cars, people who make $35000 a month can barely make a living here.

How difficult is it to climb a corporate ladder in Hong Kong? In general, office staff generates very little income from paycheque in their first 5 years. If you get a degree at age 23, your income will start from as low as $10000 ($1430cdn) to $13000, then probably under $20000 with 5 yrs of experience. You can see people switch job quite often, as annual increment usually offers no more than 4.5% a year. $10000 1st yr, $10450 2nd yr, $10920 3rd yr, $11410 4th yr, $11,930 5th yr , you are still in fucking poverty.

Imagine with such low income and high cost of living, good reason they need to fight for it. Going back to the materialistic case, it is often know as "Honger Girls", they need to find someone rich to get out of poverty.
Bang on. HK relies too much on China now not just economy but for food, water, even power. That's what I talk to my friend about in HK. Is like I am making more than them in Vancouver while they work their ass off. They say the work 10am to 6pm but who leaves at 6? Most of the time they leave more like 8 to 9pm. For what? Nothing, even with all your hard work all you can do is stay alive and barely pay your own bill. For those that haven't live in HK here is what an average family apartment is like (That's if you are lucky enough to have rented an apartment or own one). Usually is a 400 to 500sq ft apartment for a family of 3 to 4 (Parents and kids) or maybe even more people (grandparents). Basically you have no personal space you eat, watch TV, study, read in the same area (or even sleep on the couch). Your monthly rent for such a place if is it private could be $8000 HK at least. If you are lucky and get to rent a low income housing from the gov (which my aunt in HK did) is about $2500 HK. Factor in transportation, food, utilities you really don't have much money save up.

Now not only you have little to none savings every month you also have no way of owning a place. I was walking around in a mall near my aunt place in HK and they have ads on the real estate office decent place goes for around $7.5m HK with cheaper shittier ones for maybe $5.5m at least. A 500sq ft apartment in Vancouver is around $300k CND (That's how much I paid for mine brand new) So that's around $2.1m HK. For same unit in HK it would cost at least triple of that. So is like knowing you have no hope of ever getting out of your hole ever. It sucks.

At least in Vancouver with a decent job and if you are good at saving you can at least afford a small apartment.

I don't blame the HK girls looking to marry someone rich. Who wants to live the rest of their lives in poverty when you have a chance to get better.

Before I visit HK I always though HK is a great place to live in. Public transit is awesome, good yummy cheap food everywhere and you can always get food no matter the time of the day, lot's of shopping centers, tons of electronics that's cheap, Easy to get girls, lot's of stuff to do at night and people is everywhere which makes a live city. Now when I look back I see a lot of struggles people in HK have to live with. I used to complain and gets piss off coz I have to stay an extra 10mins at work with no pay but now I am happy to do that 10min knowing I have it a lot better than my friends in HK.
Mr.HappySilp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:54 AM   #66
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS
 
CP.AR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL400
Posts: 5,833
Thanked 3,018 Times in 1,025 Posts
Hong Kong real estate is retarded right now.
seriously...

The government recently put in regulations to curb the hot, bubbly market. I reality, it's just driving up the prices even more and making it impossible for people such as myself (middle class) impossible to buy any sort of property and yet barely doing anything to the crazy mainland money coming in to the city to drive up the prices.
__________________
My Babies:
2004 Camry Special Special Edition (Van)
1997 Mazda Eunos 500 (Oz) (Sold... obviously)
CP.AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:55 AM   #67
Resident Bullshitter
 
.Renn.Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 2,209
Thanked 298 Times in 152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I saw that, and assumed it was fake.. at least I hope it is. That's some North Korea level propaganda right there
its very real, it is exactly what all China news media are reporting!
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:01 AM   #68
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.
 
Mr.HappySilp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,546
Thanked 1,665 Times in 847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
its very real, it is exactly what all China news media are reporting!
lol next thing you know they will said all these people are out trying to buy the new XiaoMi cell phone.
Mr.HappySilp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:13 AM   #69
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS
 
CP.AR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL400
Posts: 5,833
Thanked 3,018 Times in 1,025 Posts
Hong Kong Police making a press release right now...
__________________
My Babies:
2004 Camry Special Special Edition (Van)
1997 Mazda Eunos 500 (Oz) (Sold... obviously)
CP.AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:10 AM   #70
bcrdukes
 
TOS'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 9,052
Thanked 5,121 Times in 1,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
.
Stay safe, my other half.
__________________
Posted from NE 1-J W Inglis Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
To quote the most misunderstood individual and figurehead on Revscene:

"I am a changed person."

- TOS'd
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:33 AM   #71
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Verdasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rich City / Van
Posts: 3,701
Thanked 4,931 Times in 967 Posts
half of this thread becomes a hate place for mainlanders, typical revscene..
__________________
Quote:
Hey guys,

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2014, 02:39 AM   #72
Need to Shave n Shower, but I CANT STOP POSTING ON RS
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 19,767
Thanked 6,444 Times in 1,212 Posts
no molotov cocktail, no rock throwing, no gta police car stealing and burning, no idiot with hockey stick ...



so this protest is not too serious.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:52 AM   #73
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,337
Thanked 458 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
half of this thread becomes a hate place for mainlanders, typical revscene..
I notice that with a lot of folks from other countries that are chinese descedants. E.g. Chinese descendants that are Taiwanese, HK Nationals. Filipinos, Indonesians etc.

Just hate and don't want to be associated with Mainland Chinese.
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:11 AM   #74
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,021
Thanked 17,637 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
half of this thread becomes a hate place for mainlanders, typical revscene..
Really?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:27 AM   #75
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005
 
TOPEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,945
Thanked 2,176 Times in 631 Posts
edition.cnn.com/2014/09/29/world/asia/china-censorship-hong-kong/index.html

not surprised

copy n paste link, donno y RS is embedding it as a video
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
I had some girl come into the busser station the other day trying to make out with every staff member and then pull down her pants and asked for someone to stick a dick in her (at least she shaved).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net