REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:05 PM   #9076
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I'd rather have tkachuk over Dubois personally. Feel like the NHL family pedigree is more of a sure thing than taking a flyer on a good CHLer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I'd rather have tkachuk over Dubois personally. Feel like the NHL family pedigree is more of a sure thing than taking a flyer on a good CHLer
I like how you posted the same thing but 37 mins apart.
Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #9077
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
I wonder if he likes Tkachuk over Dubois?
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #9078
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
I can't believe it's almost been 20 years since Messier signed here.
I literally can remember the moment like it was yesterday as a 13/14 year old watching Sportsnet or whatever channel it was at the time in my basement seeing the news break and going WTF!!!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:45 PM   #9079
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I literally can remember the moment like it was yesterday as a 13/14 year old watching Sportsnet or whatever channel it was at the time in my basement seeing the news break and going WTF!!!
been 20 years since i last watched sportsnet other than hockey....always thought sportsnet was on par with TSN but they couldnt keep up

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:57 PM   #9080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
been 20 years since i last watched sportsnet other than hockey....always thought sportsnet was on par with TSN but they couldnt keep up
I'm always back and forth on TSn vs Sportsnet. I just end up watching highlights twice once on each channel haha. The Score on the other hand geez. Sports Page was it? Back in the day as a kid was pretty awesome too.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:04 PM   #9081
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I remember being in Winnipeg at the time and looking at the newspaper at my grandparents place shocked we got Messier and happy since Bure wanted a #1 center to play with.

Boy was I wrong LOL
Old 05-30-2016, 03:48 PM   #9082

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I remember being in Winnipeg at the time and looking at the newspaper at my grandparents place shocked we got Messier and happy since Bure wanted a #1 center to play with.

Boy was I wrong LOL
Lol it was a weird time as a fan I remember there was so much potential I guess having Bure, Mogilny, Messier I guess among others but man did shit not come together at all on so many levels.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:06 PM   #9083
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
damn...i remember Keith Tkachuk had fitness issues but did he ever let himself go after retirement

i have the exact same concerns with Dubois
but then again, I don't watch that much Junior hockey esp the Q to really get a gauge on

Would be curious to see who Dubois comparables are and if there are similar prospects in the past that rose from nowhere and how they are faring now

*paging Jmac*
Well, Dubois didn't exactly come out of nowhere.

He was ranked 13th on the ISS Top 30 list in October (when ISS releases their first list of the season) and was 1 of 24 A-rated prospects by NHL Central Scouting in September.

He's basically been a top 5 prospect since the CHL Top Prospects game, where he was easily the best player.

Now, the last guy who actually came completely out of nowhere to go in the top 5, to my knowledge, was Ryan Johansen, who went 4th overall in 2010.

NHL Central Scouting had him ranked 9th in the WHL (let alone the other leagues) in November. CSS moved him up to 16th amongst North American Skaters in their mid-term rankings, and 10th amongst North American Skaters in their final rankings.

He initially wasn't in the Top 30 when ISS released their initial rankings in October, but climbed to 24th by November. He didn't even crack the top 15 until the end of April, when he moved up to 8th, where he stayed in their final rankings.

Last edited by Jmac; 05-30-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #9084
In RS I Trust

at the time it was a good move, ended up turning beyond horrible but at the time it was exciting having the player who calling game 7 that beat the Canucks in the 94 finals and one of the best players ever (at the time) signed with the Canucks.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:18 PM   #9085
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

If McCammon didn't get in the way, we might have ended up with #99 and Bure would truly have a #1 centre to play with.

could've should've would've....
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:19 PM   #9086
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

double post
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:20 PM   #9087
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
There's only 2 sports people I hate in Vancouver.

FUCK YOU STU
FUCK YOU MESS

that is all.
Don't forget that piece of shit Stan McCammon

https://www.reddit.com/r/canucks/com...t_it_was_stan/

Quote:
There was a bit of reaction to the Wayne Gretzky/Vancouver Canucks story from 1996 I told last week on Sportsnet The FAN 590, so I went back through my notes to see how the late Pat Quinn explained it. He went to bed after lengthy negotiations knowing Gretzky needed to run it by his family, but felt things would get done. I said then-owner John McCaw pressured for an answer that night, but misspoke. It was former Orca Bay CEO Stan McCammon who demanded it, threatening to pull the offer if there was no immediate commitment. When McCammon could not be persuaded to wait, things unravelled. It’s common knowledge Gretzky and Cliff Fletcher hoped to work out a deal in Toronto, only to have it fall apart without ownership support.
Gretzky was by all accounts pretty much a Vancouver Canuck. They just needed to give him the night to sleep on it and run it past Janet before signing.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2016, 07:17 AM   #9088

Last edited by dbaz; 05-31-2016 at 07:55 AM.
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:36 AM   #9089
degenerate extraordinaire

"It is what it is"
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:59 PM   #9090

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
This doesn't so much reflect poorly on McCann as it does on Benning.

Take kid who isn't ready, put him in the pros, keep him in the pros despite issues on and off the ice, trade him at the end of the season because of "character issues."

He was also instrumental in shipping Seguin out of Boston.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:14 PM   #9091
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
lol i was reading that article about how he expects maturity from 18 year olds at pre draft interviews

so not only is this guy garbage at asset management and trading, he's also not familiar with being human and expects any potential superstar to act like a 10 year veteran at 18 or he'll pick the serviceable plug with a "better" attitude.

Ok, Jimbo, I gotcha.
We're fucked.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:22 PM   #9092
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
^ That is not just Jim Benning. That is the mentality of the Vancouver Canucks

Who else have we stuck with since draft days besides Sedins, Edler
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:37 PM   #9093
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

And here all along I thought it was Virtanen with the character and party boy issues

Based on early season play, they had to keep McCann to at least keep the fans interested. Virtanen came for the ride because he was the higher pick and offered more of an all around game potential, IMO.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:41 PM   #9094

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Sorry if this is a repost.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2016, 01:56 PM   #9095
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
^ That is not just Jim Benning. That is the mentality of the Vancouver Canucks

Who else have we stuck with since draft days besides Sedins, Edler
To be stuck with a player from the draft, they have to be at least a good player first. lol Shows how shitty our scouting/drafting over the years.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #9096
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #9097

figured...they'll probably give us the 2018
unless Jimbo trades it away for a 5th round pick lol
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 06-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #9098
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
lol i was reading that article about how he expects maturity from 18 year olds at pre draft interviews

so not only is this guy garbage at asset management and trading, he's also not familiar with being human and expects any potential superstar to act like a 10 year veteran at 18 or he'll pick the serviceable plug with a "better" attitude.

Ok, Jimbo, I gotcha.
We're fucked.
Not surprising, Benning was the key guy in Boston behind getting rid of Seguin for maturity issues off ice.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #9099

man did the Bruins ever get fleeced for that lol

not quite Erat levels of fleecing but close

and the man instrumental in that robbery is now in charge of our assets
Old 06-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #9100
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
That Punjabi guy who made the goal call on Bonino's goal should consider making a trademark on that call. Make a cell phone ring tone out of it.