REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #76
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
I got a monthly car wash pass

Is business as usual for car wash businesses?
You are fucked once we go stage 4 bro

Good we're only at 3.

Advertisement
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #77
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Oddly enough West Kelowna has been hit with restrictions as well, but not Kelowna. Which is good because I just finished fixing my damn sprinklers.

untrue. West Kelowna is in stage 1 meaning Odd/Even watering. Most of the irrigation districts in Kelowna are odd/even watering too. Infact, some of the irrigation districts are always odd/even, even in the 3 other seasons. Certain areas of Kelowna which are supplied by the regional district are on stage 2 watering restrictions to 2 days per week.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:08 PM   #78
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Golf course fairway watering is prohibited
Shit. I play Peace Portal on Thursday... hate hitting of concrete.

Quote:
Municipal parks - all forms of watering are prohibited
Just drove by the soccer fields at Softball City. 5-6 sprinklers going strong.... considered a municipal park I would imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #79
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Dealers are still doing comp washes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Our dealership is still doing complimentary car washes but we're encouraging our customers to pass on them
We had the by-laws guy go to everyone and tell us if they catch us doing complementary washes aside from say windows its not a cheap fine
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #80
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
Are these turf blends available at retail? Or do you need contractor access?
not sure what you guys would have down there, but here in kelowna one of the turf farms sells full on drought tolerant blend. anyone can purchase from them, contractor or not.

Eco Turf Farms offers environmentally friendly, drought tolerant sod | Eco Turf Farms
Old 07-21-2015, 09:18 PM   #81
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
untrue. West Kelowna is in stage 1 meaning Odd/Even watering. Most of the irrigation districts in Kelowna are odd/even watering too. Infact, some of the irrigation districts are always odd/even, even in the 3 other seasons. Certain areas of Kelowna which are supplied by the regional district are on stage 2 watering restrictions to 2 days per week.
Weird, the people I spoke with must have gotten it wrong then. I don't see any benefits to watering every day anyways, unless the grass is new even in the heat I don't have a problem.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #82
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
I thoguht it was effective immediately monday instead of tuesday.
I saw an article posted monday, saying the ban would be in effect tuesday. Then later I saw one saying it started immediately. So I don't know who to believe.
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:51 PM   #83
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanAir View Post
I saw an article posted monday, saying the ban would be in effect tuesday. Then later I saw one saying it started immediately. So I don't know who to believe.
On the news it seems that some municipalities are skipping the warnings and going right to fines. Might as well err on the side of caution and start now, before your neighbors start narcing.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:01 AM   #84
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Can't remember where I saw/heard this, but some guy in Vancouver West said that he's going to keep watering his lawn even if he gets fined. The fines will cost less than total lawn replacement.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:44 AM   #85
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
we will never run out of water.

we'll just end up paying more for it.

desalination plants will start popping up everywhere. the cost for them will go down. as we invest in cheaper and more efficient renewable energy... those things will power the desalination plants.

water should cost more. people don't use it efficiently because it's TOO cheap.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #86
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Did my patrol, no violators.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:16 PM   #87
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post
We had the by-laws guy go to everyone and tell us if they catch us doing complementary washes aside from say windows its not a cheap fine
Depends what city you live in. you'd laugh at some of the fines for some cities...
-edit- - There's a certain car dealership that we've spoken with multiple times now for watering their property/garden/boulevard. They've basically said go for it and fine us, we're not stopping for a fine that's that little

Quote:
Ban is in full effect.

Quote:
On the news it seems that some municipalities are skipping the warnings and going right to fines. Might as well err on the side of caution and start now, before your neighbors start narcing.
Yes, there are no warnings issued in stage 3.

You'd be surprised at the amount of houses that were fined today lol! I was getting non stop calls all day long. Neighbors who hate each other narcing each other out all day long hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
Did my patrol, no violators.
I should write down the number of fines that were handed out today, cause I sure had a LOT of violators haha
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #88
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
^can ppl get tickets if the violator stops using water by the time the city worker arrives, but there is video proof from the person who reported it?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:34 PM   #89

pictures/videos have to be taken by us, sorry

you can take pics and send them to city hall and see how they want to handle it from there. if they're repeat offenders, they'll probably accept the pics/video so long as they can get there and notice that the ground/sidewalk is soaking wet
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #90
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
pictures/videos have to be taken by us, sorry

you can take pics and send them to city hall and see how they want to handle it from there. if they're repeat offenders, they'll probably accept the pics/video so long as they can get there and notice that the ground/sidewalk is soaking wet
what would happen say if you are an asshole and hate your neighbour and decided one day to call the city they are watering their lawn. City guy came and that asshole pretend to be the owner of the house watering the lawn when the neighbour are out? Do they check like the ID and stuff like that or do the city just send letters out?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
what would happen say if you are an asshole and hate your neighbour and decided one day to call the city they are watering their lawn. City guy came and that asshole pretend to be the owner of the house watering the lawn when the neighbour are out? Do they check like the ID and stuff like that or do the city just send letters out?
There's no more letters issued, just fines.

Good question haha, as for people imitating to be the homeowner watering their lawn, we'll try to get a picture/video before we approach them that way we have proof during a dispute. How it would work out with someone saying that the person in the pic doesn't even live at this house and they've no clue who it is...that I'm not to sure on but I'll have an answer for you by 7:15am tomorrow
Old 07-22-2015, 10:46 PM   #92
I am on the internets

people driving in front of you and using windshield washers and you washed your car the day before the ban

and now you cant do shit
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:01 PM   #93
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post
I suppose that depends on how you wash.

If you have an internal wash bay or do washing inside the building there is no restriction. The restriction is only for washing outside.

"Outdoor car washing and boat washing No outdoor washing or rinsing of vehicles and pleasure crafts, except for safety (windows, lights, and licenses only)."

All the local dealers to me with the exception of one do there washes inside the building and are not affected by this. Its business as usual.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:19 PM   #94
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
My neighbours are constantly watering their lawns, they try to be secret about it, but you can hear the sprinklers especially at night

Side note I read the title as 'Star Wars 3: Water Restriction'
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:22 PM   #95
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
people driving in front of you and using windshield washers and you washed your car the day before the ban

and now you cant do shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Can't remember where I saw/heard this, but some guy in Vancouver West said that he's going to keep watering his lawn even if he gets fined. The fines will cost less than total lawn replacement.
heard it on cfox radio....at stage 3 i'm ok with this if it's once a week
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:43 AM   #96

Quote:
Answer:

You take the ticket, dispute it, if you know who is in the picture bring them with you. If not, do your best
Old 07-23-2015, 08:21 AM   #97
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
the new mercedes benz on cambie and shell was watering their grass last night when i was coming from from riding.
those automatic sprinklers.. EVERYWHERE

but who am i kidding, one SLS sale from a c lai will cover all the penalty cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
"Not driving your car hard to keep it in nice shape for the next buyer is like not banging your girlfriend to keep her fresh for her next boyfriend"
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:40 AM   #98
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Quote:
Like I said earlier, I'm not going to try to. My building is all of a sudden inventing new restrictions about other shit, and I'm trying to fight them, so I don't need any heat from narcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
I suppose that depends on how you wash.

If you have an internal wash bay or do washing inside the building there is no restriction. The restriction is only for washing outside.

"Outdoor car washing and boat washing No outdoor washing or rinsing of vehicles and pleasure crafts, except for safety (windows, lights, and licenses only)."

All the local dealers to me with the exception of one do there washes inside the building and are not affected by this. Its business as usual.
So hold on, if I have access in an underground parkade, does that still count as inside? Or is it outside?
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #99
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Not only do you have to be an asshole but a real imbecile to that. It's so easy to be caught and the consequence won't just be a penalty.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #100
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Like I said earlier, I'm not going to try to. My building is all of a sudden inventing new restrictions about other shit, and I'm trying to fight them, so I don't need any heat from narcs.

So hold on, if I have access in an underground parkade, does that still count as inside? Or is it outside?
spoke to both metro van and city of rmd.. they both agreed wording is too vague. however general inquiries line at the city of rmd said no to indoor washing.
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: