REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #226
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Galactic_Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 990
Thanked 1,111 Times in 291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
You'd be surprised. A lot of attractive girls work at pet stores, animal rescues, doggy daycares, etc.

..
..
.


I may or may not have gone on a date with someone that works at the pet shop in the video.

won't say who, but....

Spoiler!
in 4 full story
Advertisement
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #227
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: work
Posts: 1,408
Thanked 929 Times in 329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post



I'm not defending him, I'm saying he's being disrespected, if you can't see that... and you can't see how it can affect you... you're really stupid. and him being disrespected is more important than a dogs life.

because a dog is a dog. a human being disrespected means potentially high amounts of violence.
Wouldn't disrespecting a pitbull also equal to a possible high amount of violence? Your logic is a bit flawed, and also retarded as i previously mentioned.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #228
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,112
Thanked 6,737 Times in 2,290 Posts
Flashdance star Jennifer Beals confronted by concerned onlooker after leaving her dog in hot SUV with window ajar on 77F day | Daily Mail Online

Jennifer Beals has come under fire for leaving her dog in a hot car.

The actress, 51, was confronted by a concerned citizen after she left a German Shepherd in her SUV while running errands in the Dunbar area of Vancouver on Wednesday, reports TMZ.

The patient pooch was left in the vehicle with just a window cracked open.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:35 PM   #229
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 493
Thanked 758 Times in 141 Posts
Wait so is it confirmed uliq is the fucktard in the video?
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #230
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
corollagtSr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,048
Thanked 1,028 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Wouldn't disrespecting a pitbull also equal to a possible high amount of violence? Your logic is a bit flawed, and also retarded as i previously mentioned.
Quote:
He then turns to me, where Iím standing by the opened door making sure his dog doesnít run into the street, and tells me to ďnot touch (his) fucking door and dog.Ē I donít comply because 1) Iím allowing his dog to breathe and 2) by this time he was being such an asshole that I wasnít going to give in to his orders just because he was taller and bigger and louder than me.

He then proceeds to march over to where I am, slam the door right in front of me (almost slamming it on his dogís face) and forcefully walks right into me and starts screaming in my face.
He asks her to not touch his car and dog. She even states she does not comply. Right there she violated his rights and disrespected him. No means no, she instigated the situation to another level by not complying.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #231
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
corollagtSr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,048
Thanked 1,028 Times in 287 Posts
What you should do if you see a dog left in a hot car | Globalnews.ca

Quote:
If you observe an animal panting, shaking uncontrollably, acting lethargic and appearing to be uncoordinated, then this may be a critical situation requiring police or animal control. Police say if a vehicle needs to be broken into and animal control has been called, they will contact a local tow company to open a locked door. Police officers if warranted, can break a window and remove the animal, but this will always be a last resort and only done to save the life of the animal.
Civilians have to call the authorities to address the situation.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #232
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: work
Posts: 1,408
Thanked 929 Times in 329 Posts
Sometimes due to these situations people don't think it through. It's all for the protection of an animal. Anyone can figure out VERY QUICK the womAn had nothing but good intentions. I can tell you for sure I would have probably ENDED UP thanking them for her good intention rather than yelling. After all those woman are same ones who could have saved a dogs life in a different situation. So why not be appreciative and thankful?
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:33 PM   #233
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,421
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
Wait so is it confirmed uliq is the fucktard in the video?
OK I admit it the guy in the video is me.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #234
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: work
Posts: 1,408
Thanked 929 Times in 329 Posts
Now why would you admit to being a little pussy ass bitch? ^ Of course it wasn't you.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #235
Isaac's Hardstyle Sessions
 
Drow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,773
Thanked 1,807 Times in 547 Posts
If it was proven that the dog was not in distress, would every1 against ulic shut the fuk up? Lol
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2015, 03:13 PM   #236
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,834
Thanked 4,665 Times in 1,010 Posts
No, because even if the dog was proven to be in distress, ulic will definitely not "shut the fuk up".

I understand he was providing the opposite argument, but his persuasiveness very quickly disappeared when he started spewing vitriol, hilariously hypocritical arguments, and when he completely forgot all grammar and proper formatting of the English language.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #237
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
For real this guy is just yelling because it's a girl. Let's see him have the balls to talk that way to a dude.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #238
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: work
Posts: 1,408
Thanked 929 Times in 329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

there are people that would have knocked her teeth out. she should be thankful her idiocy and impulsiveness didn't get her worse.
You sure about that? Not many at all. It would take a sub-human animal to knock a womans teeth out for that reason.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:51 PM   #239
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
corollagtSr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,048
Thanked 1,028 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
You sure about that? Not many at all. It would take a sub-human animal to knock a womans teeth out for that reason.
You keep doing it her way, the higher the chance you'll meet someone who just doesn't give a fuck. For example say she confronted this man who had his Pomeranian in his car while he went to get a sandwich at 711. Richmond man charged after pet Pomeranian stabbed 61 times | CTV Vancouver News

You think it would have ended nicely? Not everyone is reasonable. Keep testing the waters as she did and eventually it could lead to violence.

You let the authorities deal with it.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #240
Isaac's Hardstyle Sessions
 
Drow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,773
Thanked 1,807 Times in 547 Posts
Whatever.

Social media's fucking retarded. Bred a new generation of justice warriors who have an attention span of less than a week. People love to jump on these wagons and flame flame flame flame, as if they feed on the shit they put their target through. The next big headline comes on and the cycle repeats itself. They probably forget abt what they were even pissrd abt. You can easily identify who the twats are in this thread who flick their bean over spewing hatred on certain ppl. They are the same twats you see in every other thread. Like you dont have dark secrets yourselves. Hope one day you get put on full blast by your own brethen of justice kunts.

Same goes for the shitfest that happened with Cecil the lion. Stupid twats flicking their bean HARD on the dentist. Thanks tards you've ruined his life and business.

Im not saying that the actions of these people are right, but they dont deserve this big of a backlash. They especially dont deserve to have threads made abt them on RS to be bashed by a bunch awkward-irl-RSers

Twats
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #241
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,703
Thanked 1,010 Times in 404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
very good detective chin. you have graduated from detective school.
Holy shit, you replied to my post, yet the one I constructively posted a few pages back, you tend to ignore. Is it because there is a question in there you're trying to avoid? this method is also used by the well known you know who. *cough* cic *cough*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post
You keep doing it her way, the higher the chance you'll meet someone who just doesn't give a fuck. For example say she confronted this man who had his Pomeranian in his car while he went to get a sandwich at 711. Richmond man charged after pet Pomeranian stabbed 61 times | CTV Vancouver News

You think it would have ended nicely? Not everyone is reasonable. Keep testing the waters as she did and eventually it could lead to violence.

You let the authorities deal with it.
If anyone is a pussy that ulic described, it's truly you.

Let authorities deal with it, lol.

See a dying baby in the car, let authorities deal with it because the mother is standing there awkwardly watching you.

See a old man struggling to cross the road, call the police as you sit in your car and watch him run over by a car.

Fucking ridiculous.

Last edited by mr_chin; 07-30-2015 at 06:26 PM.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2015, 07:07 PM   #242
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
corollagtSr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,048
Thanked 1,028 Times in 287 Posts
Okay let's say you forced your way into car, saved the "distressed" dog. Owner confronts you and you get into a physical confrontation. The police are called. Who do you think is going to get arrested? Who broke in and stole property?

Public Law Advocacy: Animal Law: What to Do If You Witness a Dog (or Other Animal) in a Hot Car

Quote:
3. As an absolute last resort, you could break a window to save the animal, but you do need to be prepared for civil and possibly even criminal consequences. Because animals aren't people, even though cruelty to animals may be an offence, that doesn't legally empower you to become a one person animal car liberation vigilante army. You would generally be breaking the window without legal authority. The owner of the vehicle could therefore demand that you pay for the damage, and possibly pursue you in small claims court if you did not. It is even possible that you could be charged with criminal mischief, which at least in Canada is defined under s. 430 of the Criminal Code as wilful destruction of property. Sure you might be destroying the property for a good reason - to in essence save the life of other "property" - but still isn't really an excused. Hopefully here the police or prosecution would exercise their discretion, and not pursue any charges, thus I think the main risk is civil liability - which hopefully wouldn't be too great in value. Again, a witness (or two) would help. Ideally, taking a temperature reading inside the vehicle (although I don't think there is yet an app for that) would be best.
So now your dealing with theft, assault, and destruction of property if you had to break the window.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #243
GS8
I subscribe to Revscene
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Fruit Loops
Posts: 1,999
Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
Whatever.

Social media's fucking retarded. Bred a new generation of justice warriors who have an attention span of less than a week. People love to jump on these wagons and flame flame flame flame, as if they feed on the shit they put their target through. The next big headline comes on and the cycle repeats itself. They probably forget abt what they were even pissrd abt. You can easily identify who the twats are in this thread who flick their bean over spewing hatred on certain ppl. They are the same twats you see in every other thread. Like you dont have dark secrets yourselves. Hope one day you get put on full blast by your own brethen of justice kunts.

Same goes for the shitfest that happened with Cecil the lion. Stupid twats flicking their bean HARD on the dentist. Thanks tards you've ruined his life and business.

Im not saying that the actions of these people are right, but they dont deserve this big of a backlash. They especially dont deserve to have threads made abt them on RS to be bashed by a bunch awkward-irl-RSers

Twats
I agree

It's pretty funny how someone can commit a serious crime, go through the legal system and get a laughably light sentence due to some loophole or technicality or just a shitty set of laws.

And then someone who's caught on film yelling at someone can have their life ruined even though there's no criminal record. Just someone being an idiot that's forever stamped to the Internet.

SJWs love to go on the offensive. I'm willing to bet 99% of them are idiotic hypocrites who have done or still do their own dumb shit. They just have yet to be caught.

Nobody is perfect but SJWs like to remind everyone how imperfect you are and how holy they are.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Ummm.. it's GS8.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:49 PM   #244
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,612
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
What, 10 pages in and Multicultral hasnt mentioned that some of that male Asian anger steams from heavenly blessed asian beauties mating up with either only rich or tall white privileged males?
__________________
*My post highlights* *CIC confronts propaganda prodigies*
In reply to members 4444 & StylinRed on 911
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70427...ml#post8658229
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 12:18 AM   #245
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,167
Thanked 18,421 Times in 3,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post

So now your dealing with theft, assault, and destruction of property if you had to break the window.
I don't give a fuck. If its at the point a dog is going to die, I'm going to do something about it, legal or not, because I'm not a pussy. I'll call the cops and take the appropriate actions first, but if it gets to the point where its going to be too late, I, and anyone that isn't a complete bitch, will take action.

Being a bystander when a person or animal needs help is fucking pathetic, unless you truly believe you will not be able to help without getting seriously injured or killed.
I'm not taking a bullet for a stranger or anything here, but I'm not afraid of stepping in, in a situation that I deem necessary, which is obviously a case by case basis.

I don't think at all in this situation that it was near that point, nor was it necessary, but since you want to get into hypotheticals, I will.
__________________
98 technoviolet M3/2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 12:48 AM   #246
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
hi-revs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,104
Thanked 183 Times in 101 Posts
Wait a minute... So that scrawny little fuck dropping f-bombs really is Ulic? ?
hi-revs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:58 AM   #247
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,036
Thanked 17,640 Times in 5,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
Wait a minute... So that scrawny little fuck dropping f-bombs really is Ulic? ?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 12:59 AM   #248
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
kazuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 279
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
What if he was blasting the A/C the whole time and wanted to keep the cool air inside the car while he went to grab his sandwich for 5 mins?
kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:25 AM   #249
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I don't give a fuck. If its at the point a dog is going to die, I'm going to do something about it, legal or not, because I'm not a pussy. I'll call the cops and take the appropriate actions first, but if it gets to the point where its going to be too late, I, and anyone that isn't a complete bitch, will take action.

Being a bystander when a person or animal needs help is fucking pathetic, unless you truly believe you will not be able to help without getting seriously injured or killed.
I'm not taking a bullet for a stranger or anything here, but I'm not afraid of stepping in, in a situation that I deem necessary, which is obviously a case by case basis.

I don't think at all in this situation that it was near that point, nor was it necessary, but since you want to get into hypotheticals, I will.
yeah well like you said, the situation isn't anywhere near that point.

and case by case basis....instead of being a hero, those bitches were disrespecting him over no reason.

i'm sure if the dog could talk, he'd just be like "i'm hungry" *wags tail*
cuz obviously if it were too fucking hot and the dog totally didn't like it, as soon as the door opened he woulda fucking jumped out into cooler air right? but he didn't. now don't tell me the dog is too dumb to remove itself from an environment it feels is highly uncomfortable. don't start disrespecting the dog's intelligence too (cuz obviously people think the dog's dignity is worth more than his owners, a human being lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
Wait a minute... So that scrawny little fuck dropping f-bombs really is Ulic? ?
yup that's me. i'll be fuckin drinking my slurpee there tomorrow at 3pm again with my fucking dog in the car, and the windows down 2 fucking inches. 0.5 if you're fucking blind.

f-bombs dawg. how'd you know my street name
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2015, 03:21 AM   #250
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,703
Thanked 1,010 Times in 404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
yeah well like you said, the situation isn't anywhere near that point.

and case by case basis....instead of being a hero, those bitches were disrespecting him over no reason.

i'm sure if the dog could talk, he'd just be like "i'm hungry" *wags tail*
cuz obviously if it were too fucking hot and the dog totally didn't like it, as soon as the door opened he woulda fucking jumped out into cooler air right? but he didn't. now don't tell me the dog is too dumb to remove itself from an environment it feels is highly uncomfortable. don't start disrespecting the dog's intelligence too (cuz obviously people think the dog's dignity is worth more than his owners, a human being lol).
Where are you getting these information from? The dog was removed from the car, whether it jumped out, flew out, teleported out, it complied with a total stranger.

They disrespected him for no reason... probably. But the fact still remains that the dog was in a car with 1 inch on all windows.

In this situation, I wouldn't open the door. Instead, I'd stay by the car and keep an eye for the dog for the owner for as long as my patience will let me before I see the dog in distress and then getting it out of there.

Whether I get charged for theft, vandalism, break and enter, (enter all your law shit here), I could give a rats ass because at the end of the day I can tell myself, "I did the right thing". In court, I'd plead guilty and honestly tell the judge my situation and most likely I will get off with a slap on the wrist.

I would have spent $0 because an aid would have been provided to me. After all this, I will pat myself on the back and tell myself I saved that dog's life and it'll be a story I will tell my kids.

There is a difference between lawfully right and wrong and reasonably right and wrong. If you approach situations like this with good intentions, 99.9% of the time, you'll come out the better person.

You say people have become social justice, social media this and that, I say you've become afraid of the big invisible law and probably lost the pair of balls between your legs. Don't get me wrong, I still agree with you that the two ladies probably disrespected the guy by lecturing and/or questioning him.

However, my question still remains. If a baby is suffocating and distressed in a car in the scorching summer, and the mother standing outside told you not to touch her car, would you comply?
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net