REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #176
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
3 inches in the front, ok ill give u 0.75 inches in the back.
you think air cannot flow between 3.75 inches? if the other windows were open you'd have at least 6-7 inches. are you serious?
3 inches is not enough. 3 inches of all windows is not enough.

FYI, dogs need enough opened window for their head sticking out to breathe in fresh air.

Your argument for the guy is good, you have a point... but the windows? Let's not go there.
Advertisement
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #177
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Ulic. Everything you criticize people over you spout off the exact same bullshit yourself. You call people white knights yet defend someone for absolutely going apeshit on women because "he was backed into a corner."
You call people keyboard warriors, yet you talk about how you'd have punched these women out.
You are so desperate to play the devils advocate in every thread. The talk about her breaking the law in all of your posts isn't accurate. If someone sees what they believe is a dog in distress, they are allowed to enter someones property. She did so, and she did it peacefully. If the cops came she would have had absolutely no issues.
Its hilarious reading you pretend like you have some magical objective outlook on life but more often than not your essays in here are the most heavily influenced by rage blinders than anyone who posts. You talk about how people in here are going to get their asses kicked one day for their confrontational behaviour, but you talk about punching two women out? You'd have your fucking head smashed in before you got one fucking foot in your car pulling stupid shit like that.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:07 AM   #178
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
i've stopped reading a few peoples posts.

most are in here, actually: http://www.revscene.net/forums/70460...-okanagan.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 09:08 AM   #179
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
^

we should have some fun with that thread.
lololololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Yeah well today you can't even honk the horn to let someone know the light is green without getting the finger and a death stare in their rear view mirror.
So the other night I get caught behind a Lexus SUV going about 90 in the left lane on highway 1. After tailing the old gal for about 2-3 km, I lost interest and passed her in the HOV lane, giving a very small honk as I passed. Not even a honk, it was more a short beep. I proceed on my way at a consistant 110kmh. I didn't cut her off, nor did I make any hand gestures. I wasn't tail gating, nor did I flash my lights. It was just a little tap of the horn.

I'm ahead by a couple km now, and look in my rearview to see this crazy bitch zig zagging through traffic to get to me. IndoLexBitch catches up, and starts giving me the finger and prompting me to pull over.

Now, this woman is about 55 years old, wearing a bright yellow sari, and she's chasing me on the highway. Bitches be crazy these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
haha damn, Ulic's got some opinions.
Ulic is a good guy, and passionate about his opinions.
He's just a little TL/DR.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #180
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Ulic is a good guy, and passionate about his opinions.
I get a kick out of his words and his conviction behind them. You don't have to agree with someone to enjoy the dialogue. /werd
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #181
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

It is common knowledge for everyone to not leave their pets in their cars during the hot summer weather. Everyone knows the consequences of leaving a pet trapped in a car with limited ventilation.

It is not the first time as incident of this matter has happened. There have been previous accounts of people leaving dogs in hot cars. Like the famous one that happened last year,B.C. dog walker was repeatedly warned not to leave pets in her vehicle: Then one day six died in her care | National Post. This is the case where the dog walker left 6 dogs in the back of her truck covered by a canopy sitting in the lot. This incident happened in mid May last year. As the article says, "The temperature outside that day was about 18 or 19 degrees, and although the dogs had a bowl of water and the windows were open a bit, it wasn’t enough." Granted that there were 6 dogs and with their combined bodies trying to rid themselves of the heat, the internal temperature increase even faster.

The incident that happened earlier this week, the external temperature was about 21'C. Even a couple minutes in the car, the temperature will rise. A few inches of opened windows will not be sufficient. As others have previously stated here, French bulldogs have respiratory problems. Given that this particular breed has breathing problems, the owner should be well aware of it and opened the windows even more.

Like I posted earlier and a few others have said, the situation could of ended if he just acknowledged that he was wrong to have done so and vouch he wouldn't do it again. He had been standing there the entire time watching the girls go up to the car, then proceed to open the door. He could of stepped in as they were approaching his car and ask what they were doing. Instead he was just standing there slurping away.

You can blame his mental illness for his behaviour when arguing with the 2 girls. But the act of leaving his dog in the car with inadequate ventilation..? Its not the first day of summer, we are halfway through summer already...

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 AM   #182
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
All I know is that the chick from the pet store was hawt and I enjoyed watching her on the news.....lol!!!
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #183
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
RS meet at Bosley pet store!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:20 AM   #184
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Threads like these remind me exactly why I rarely post on RSnet anymore... Regardless of the point of view, you will always lose no matter right or wrong versus teh internetz.

I'm sure everyone on this thread agrees that no one would want to see a dog die in a hot car, period. And there were probably personal boundaries crossed by both parties in this story. Let it be a lesson learned.

Keep cool everyone
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 10:35 AM   #185
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
All I know is that the chick from the pet store was hawt and I enjoyed watching her on the news.....lol!!!
Honestly dude, I just finished making a post about how this is a BS news story, and now I had to actually go check out the news story because you said this. She isn't even that hot.

Spoiler!

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #186
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
^ did you not like her pointy elbows? haha I wouldn't expect an attractive girl to work in a sketchy east van pet store....haha
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 10:47 AM   #187
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
^ did you not like her pointy elbows? haha I wouldn't expect an attractive girl to work in a sketchy east van pet store....haha
You're talking about Bosley's Pets in Fraserview?
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:36 AM   #188
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
lol i only argue in the internets for the lels or when i'm bored
you can't win, you can't really lose either

i've mastered being selectively deaf in person so i tend to glaze over long, protracted (and often pointlessly long) arguments and just looks for lolworthy material
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #189

i created that for any future internet arguments i might get myself into, couldn't find the uncensored one sadly

free for everyone!
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."

Last edited by 6o4__boi; 07-29-2015 at 12:43 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #190
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm3PQXKsQoY

i created that for any future internet arguments i might get myself into, couldn't find the uncensored one sadly

free for everyone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fclwfQ13nPU#t=1m35s

Why did you make the sides blue? It's so distracting.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #191

lol that was the only video i could find when i did a quick search
sweet...uncensored. even better.

edit: there lol much more acceptable as a universal response.

Last edited by 6o4__boi; 07-29-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #192
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Temperature Location Date Recorded
111.3 °F / 44.1 °C Conqueyrac, Gard August 12, 2003
111.3 °F / 44.1 °C Saint-Christol-lès-Alès, Gard August 12, 2003
111.2 °F / 44 °C Tolouse, Haute-Garonne August 8, 1923
111 °F / 43.9 °C Entrecasteaux, Var July 7, 1982

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ures_in_France
Old 07-29-2015, 01:28 PM   #193
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Ulic. Everything you criticize people over you spout off the exact same bullshit yourself. You call people white knights yet defend someone for absolutely going apeshit on women because "he was backed into a corner."
You call people keyboard warriors, yet you talk about how you'd have punched these women out.
You are so desperate to play the devils advocate in every thread. The talk about her breaking the law in all of your posts isn't accurate. If someone sees what they believe is a dog in distress, they are allowed to enter someones property. She did so, and she did it peacefully. If the cops came she would have had absolutely no issues.
Its hilarious reading you pretend like you have some magical objective outlook on life but more often than not your essays in here are the most heavily influenced by rage blinders than anyone who posts. You talk about how people in here are going to get their asses kicked one day for their confrontational behaviour, but you talk about punching two women out? You'd have your fucking head smashed in before you got one fucking foot in your car pulling stupid shit like that.
damn fucking ETHERED

many the mods here can start a official thread where multi and ulic can post their own whiny, bitchy ass keyboard warrior rants all day
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #194
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
We already have that. It's called "Vancouver off-topic/ Current Events"

Go forget gululululu. He's rising in the ranks of crazy at am alarming rate.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #195
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
We already have that. It's called "Vancouver off-topic/ Current Events"

Go forget gululululu. He's rising in the ranks of crazy at am alarming rate.
Gululu, CIC, multicarctural, Ulic, +theone+ (aka gunmetalteg), milkman, etc... man, we should have had a thread or subforum just for all these members to fight it out.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #196

^ isn't that what the fight club is for?
Old 07-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #197
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
^ isn't that what the fight club is for?
Fight Club sucks. It's so isolated with low traffic in there.
Once a thread goes there, it's often forgotten. The momentum dies.

I also find the quality of the posts go downhill once a thread is in FC, since posters stop "trying" and people just use the thread for spamming since "anything goes" in there.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #198
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
So Hattie Jennifer Beals left her dog in her car today and an older guy came by to bitch her out, her windows were open about 3-4"

Actress Jennifer Beals confronted after leaving dog in West Vancouver car - BC | Globalnews.ca

Also, there's a video telling people what to do if they see a pet in distress, not what some of you seem to think is legal (you can watch the following video which tells you outright its illegal to break in:P)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:06 PM   #199
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post
If you google temperature of healthy dog, it registers at 102.5F. So at 70F in 30 min it reaches 104F just above healthy dog temperature. Buying that slurpee and eating that sandwich is for sure under 10 minutes. Social justice noobing out on distress. Sue for defamation.
...holy fuck, do you even science?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 03:12 PM   #200
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
RS meet at Bosley pet store!
As long as you don't meet inside like this guy did at Tisol...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tisol.jpg (117.0 KB, 0 views)
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: