REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-26-2023, 11:31 AM   #576
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,579 Times in 1,722 Posts
Ok so we're all learning something new here?

Did TELUS pull a do-si-do on me? A little flim-flam?

This is the kind of shit that makes people hate TELUS, they make little changes and alterations to how they bill and handle your account expecting you not to notice.

Going to call these fuckers today and lose my shit, it's 2023 why the fuck did they add a bandwidth cap on my internet? That's some seriously shady shit.
Advertisement
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 11:32 AM   #577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
They used to include unlimited in almost every plan.

After I left I called in and renegotiated a new price.. fast forward a few months and like you I downloaded like 300gb in games on PS5 and I see this ducking overage charge on my account.

The rep obviously gave me this new pricing and removed my unlimited bandwidth ffs
Did you get a resolution before I call here?
Old 09-26-2023, 11:45 AM   #578
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,347 Times in 5,651 Posts
Ironically they just called me to try and presumably upsell me on somthing but I was at lunch

She’s gonna call me back later. I’ll see if they offer unlimited data now and report back
Old 09-26-2023, 12:42 PM   #579
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
They used to include unlimited in almost every plan.

After I left I called in and renegotiated a new price.. fast forward a few months and like you I downloaded like 300gb in games on PS5 and I see this ducking overage charge on my account.

The rep obviously gave me this new pricing and removed my unlimited bandwidth ffs
You used to work there and even you got got? What chance to the rest of us saps stand? lol, I have Telus knock on my door every 2 months trying to get me to switch and my reply is always the stupidest responses I can think of almost as a troll.

Dumb shit like no sorry, you guys are too cheap and I have money to burn so Shaw's my guy.

I was with Rodgers then it became shaw and now it's Rogers again and I'm still here standing. Haven't left just because it's convenient, I pay more for convenience but I'm ok with that.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 09-26-2023 at 01:19 PM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 12:46 PM   #580

The second my employee “discounts” ran out I called in and got a better deal than I had the previous 6 years working there.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:57 PM   #581

Fucking Christ.. so the woman phones me back, I preface the entire spiel that I’m not signing up for anything else, I don’t want a contract, and I’m thinking of cancelling

She then says the “offer” is $89 a month for 2 years for Internet im like wtf?!? Lol she then goes on “and yes this is for 250, you’re currently on 150 and in order for me to upgrade you to the latest technology equipment and your next speed tier you will need to move to this term”

I’m like lol! So you’re lying to me? She’s like excuse me?

I’m like I worked for Telus for 6 years I know for a fact while it says I have 150 I actually have 300 and I’m running speed tests right now wirelessly getting 310. Telus gave everyone on 150 300 for free because they wanted to minimize the number of tiers.. and you’re phoning me with this “offer” that’s less than I am already receiving???? And I already have the best technology you offer, I just left! Lol I’m like for fuck sakes, never call me again with a promotion and note on my file please that I am cancelling
Old 09-26-2023, 06:20 PM   #582
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
damn that was the "xmas promotion" i got last december, going from 150 to 300, or maybe i started at 100 i can't recall, i was an early adopter for fiber in E.Van, whatever speeds were back then... i guess not very good LOL

i did get unlimited bandwidth though, which i appreciate as i was getting dinged every few months for overages.

thing is, it's still a better product than shaw/rogers b/c of the upload speeds so it's annoying trying to negotiate, you say you go to shaw they're like sure, but we're a superior product with faster upload speeds, no bottle necking, etc

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 05:13 PM   #583

Quote:
Fucking Christ.. so the woman phones me back, I preface the entire spiel that I’m not signing up for anything else, I don’t want a contract, and I’m thinking of cancelling

She then says the “offer” is $89 a month for 2 years for Internet im like wtf?!? Lol she then goes on “and yes this is for 250, you’re currently on 150 and in order for me to upgrade you to the latest technology equipment and your next speed tier you will need to move to this term”

I’m like lol! So you’re lying to me? She’s like excuse me?

I’m like I worked for Telus for 6 years I know for a fact while it says I have 150 I actually have 300 and I’m running speed tests right now wirelessly getting 310. Telus gave everyone on 150 300 for free because they wanted to minimize the number of tiers.. and you’re phoning me with this “offer” that’s less than I am already receiving???? And I already have the best technology you offer, I just left! Lol I’m like for fuck sakes, never call me again with a promotion and note on my file please that I am cancelling
So did you discuss bandwidth limit? Or no?

This is so bizarre, I've NEVER been charged overage fees for home internet before, this is a 1st, conveniently right after TELUS decided to layoff a bunch of employees and such.

They did something different over the last month, checking pennies under the cushions it seems like here.
Old 09-27-2023, 05:21 PM   #584

That new plan they offered include unlimited data and it was pitched like it was this new shiny thing so obviously that’s their new model to go back to nickel and diming everyone with share value tanking and everyone who could possibly take security already signed up
Old 09-27-2023, 05:33 PM   #585

So I called TELUS, it turns out they messed up my account, I'm supposed to be unlimited.

I apparently they "accidently" changed my account to apply overage fees, when I was supposed to be unlimited?

They're applying my credit and "fixing" my account.

What scamming idiots.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2023, 08:40 PM   #586
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Telus billing is the worst. I don't know how they even get through their fucking audits. I've been with Telus for years now, on contractual agreements. Not a single fucking month they bill me is the same amount.

I called them a few weeks ago, told them I couldn't afford to pay my bill anymore because I got fed up calling them every month to fix my bill. Lady was kind enough to knock off $40 a month lol.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2023, 01:56 PM   #587

Which is why you should NEVER setup PAD with any of these fuckers if you have the choice.

Always push, never let them pull. They expect you to miss this type of shit on PAD.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2023, 06:17 PM   #588
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

My Telus bill jumped $8. Bottom of my bill says I made changes, which I did not. I'll have to call in and bitch at them.
Old 11-26-2023, 07:08 PM   #589
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I'm up for renewal with Shaw. Currently have 300mbps service. I'm happy with it. All of their renewal plans are a downgrade content size (158 channels vs current 193). I currently have discovery velocity included, a great channel for car content, new plans don't have this channel included. Spoke with Rep today and told him I just want to continue my current service at the exact same price. He said ok
Said he can get me $10 off as well.per month as I am a Fido customer..there was some issue linking my Shaw account to the Fido one to get this discount so he will follow up with me tomorrow.

I don't have time for the "I will switch if you don't give me a better deal" bullshit anymore.

Hoping this is as straightforward as I think it's going to be and then I don't have to worry about it again for 2 years.
nismodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 09:47 AM   #590
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
My Telus bill jumped $8. Bottom of my bill says I made changes, which I did not. I'll have to call in and bitch at them.
Ouch.

My family's Telus bill was steady at $165 for a three-services bundle and a bunch of features (Home Phone / Television / Internet - no wireless.) It suddenly jumped to $225 per month and they insisted we made changes (which we did not as I am the only account holder.)

I called back and they sorted things out and got me on some kind of loyalty plan which works out to $145/month and a higher speed internet tier. Wasn't the most pleasant conversation to have but similar to nismodrifter, I really don't have time to switch back and forth. I am proud of the fact that I am the only Telus customer on my entire block/postal code.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 09:59 AM   #591

So seems like I got double charged a month when bozo was making changes to my account, and kuch like Mike I also lost my unlimited data use on the home services when they ficked around..

So now I was suppose to be paying $93 for TV and internet but now I have to add unlimited data back on for another $20.. yay
Old 11-27-2023, 11:28 AM   #592

^Make note of our comments above if you end up switching providers to these guys.

They are absolutely brutal in terms of their billing practices, and conveniently "forgetting" to credit back mistaken items based on their fuck ups.

I'll reiterate, never setup PAD, and ALWAYS review your bill thoroughly each month.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2023, 11:46 AM   #593
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
My internet and TV package is ending with Telus next month.

Called into retentions to renew just the internet as I'm getting Sportsnet Premium to replace my TV.

They're offering me $75 a month + one time $100 bill credit for gigabit internet making it roughly $71 a month over two years. It includes a $10 discount since I have Telus mobile services.

Pretty good I'd say since I'm currently paying $65 and it was going to jump to $155 next month, lol. I'll think of the $6 increase as inflation.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:28 AM   #594

So of course the clown who tried to make changes to my account for my EPP plan didn’t do what he said with the home services.. this is why you gotta note down and record every convo with these clowns.

The move also, according to Reddit, is to either threaten or actually file a complaint with the “commission for complaints” as this is where they get nailed for actually fucking people over.

Ended up calling back in yet again to grind them on my stupid deal. Ended up getting highspeed 250, and my TV package with 2 theme packs + unlimited data for $105 before taxes

I’m sure I coulda ground them down a bit more but I don’t have the energy for it, so got this locked in for a new 2 year agreement which I didn’t love but I just pray to god I can get some consistency in my billing now