REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #326
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...a_bundle_deal/

Reddit link to the promo......
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:24 AM   #327
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,711 Times in 3,134 Posts
I got a decent deal on shaw recently. Been with them for over 10+ years at both my house and my parents/in laws house. So we all got the following

120 bucks for 2 years.

TV basic + HBO + Crave + Chinese HD channels + homephone + internet 300 (150, but everyone gets upgraded to 300 for free) and the blue sky box.

I thought it was a pretty good deal.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #328
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,385 Times in 1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
If anyone using Novus just call in and said you got a special deal from Telus or Shaw. There is some special promo.

Edit: There is currently a new speical promo from Novus for Internet 100 or Internet100 + Cable. Just call and ask about it.
What is this Telus deal that everyone is talking about? Just in case Novus asks when I call in.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #329
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Don’t have any promos going right now. Was just the extended Black Friday deals
Old 01-18-2019, 03:19 PM   #330
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
I got a decent deal on shaw recently. Been with them for over 10+ years at both my house and my parents/in laws house. So we all got the following

120 bucks for 2 years.

TV basic + HBO + Crave + Chinese HD channels + homephone + internet 300 (150, but everyone gets upgraded to 300 for free) and the blue sky box.

is that 120 + tax? or 120 total?

and when you say "TV Basic," is that limited TV or Small TV as per the current shaw bundle packages
wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:13 PM   #331
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post

120 bucks for 2 years.

I have the same deal pretty much..

Last edited by Acurapinoy; 08-07-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Acurapinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #332

There is a current promotion on till the 6th if anyone is interested, essentially 24 month promo pricing instead of the typical 6 month promo then pricing going up

So High speed 25 regular price: $80/Month, 24 month promotion price: $55/month (for the full 24 months)

High speed 50/75 Regular price: $85/month, 24 month promotion price: $60/month (for the full 24 months)

Highspeed 150: Regular $95 Promo $60

Highspeed 300: Regular $110 Promo $75

Highspeed 750: Regular $140 Promo $105

Obviously the speeds over 75 are mostly for fiber eligible customers.

On top of that, you can get PIK TV completely free for the entire term (which is like an android box with basic cable channels included and specialty channels charged per channel)

There is also elgibility for home security if anyone is interested, on any 2 year term you can get the basic home security package for free for 6 months ($18 month thereafter) for the basic package with the panel, door sensors, and motions etc.

Hit me up if interested
Old 03-05-2019, 07:20 PM   #333
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
if you guys go over to redflagdeals, there are some killer promos for telus 300 right now (like 75 a month and 250$ credit lol),

I got lucky and telus matched Shaws offer that I got for internet300 for 45 a month + 250$ credit. essentially 35 a month for 2 years

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:07 AM   #334
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I need a new deal, with Shaw and paying too much for internet, like $90 for 150 (ie 300 now)

any links to the specific RFD
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #335
RS controls my life!

Never saw this thread until now. I think I'm getting hosed right now with TELUS. This is what I get right now but thinking of doing TV as well.

TELUS Internet 75 (included data:550GB)
$85.00
Additional Email
Dynamic IP
24 MO - Internet Discount - effective Feb 15, 2018 to Feb 14, 2020
-$10.00
Advanced Wi-Fi Modem Rental -Free
Service Agreement - 2 Year
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:08 PM   #336

That’s pretty standard.

You could add PIK TV for free essentially or very cheap. Optik I may be able to get you a deal for a 2 year term but haven’t been so successful with other members lately. PM me if you’re interested
Old 03-15-2019, 08:24 PM   #337
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2_narain View Post
Never saw this thread until now. I think I'm getting hosed right now with TELUS. This is what I get right now but thinking of doing TV as well.

TELUS Internet 75 (included data:550GB)
$85.00
Additional Email
Dynamic IP
24 MO - Internet Discount - effective Feb 15, 2018 to Feb 14, 2020
-$10.00
Advanced Wi-Fi Modem Rental -Free
Service Agreement - 2 Year

Say no to data caps.

https://www.can-com.com/
Old 03-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #338

Unlimited data with TELUS is only $5 a month
Old 03-15-2019, 09:14 PM   #339
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Unlimited data with TELUS is only $5 a month
They should not have caps in the first place.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:52 AM   #340

I’ll never tell somone to stay with our service if their paticular service is shit. There are some cases where there is literally nothing service providers can do to improve their paticular service for reasons like geographical location etc.

However, using a “3rd party” service provider like the one you posted is almost always the last resort and the vast majority of them are simply piggy backing off the major providers infrastructure and using that service under their name.

So the trade off for getting the “free” unlimited data cap is, virtually non-existent customer service, garbage hardware, and most of the time, having to buy your own router (most only provide a modem and then you have to buy your own router)

While Telus 3200 and the Shaw gateway aren’t perfect they are better than the vast majority of consumer level routers you’d buy sub $300-$400. So that’s another factor to consider in these 3rd party providers.

In my experience the people using these services are the exact ones that shouldn’t be.

Edit* and exactly like I said, on that link you posted, they will be $25 cheaper a month for their high speed 75 service, however they only provide a modem, no router. So you can either rent their garbage for $5 a month, or buy it for $50. Not a great solution.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 03-16-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #341
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Shaw has a promo right now

Internet 75
modem rental
Small TV (pick 5 theme packs)
Blue Sky box

$82/mo + tax on 2 year value plan

I was calling about a bill adjustment and they mentioned this. signed up.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2019, 08:43 AM   #342

That’s good.

Honestly the modem/box rental is a non-starter for the big providers. Never think you’re getting some sort of deal because they are throwing in the “box rental”

The only thing you should ever be paying rental on are additional TV boxes over the 2-3 included
Old 04-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #343
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
My student plan is expiring for Shaw.

Can anyone help me with a plan? I don't want to sign up for a contract plan unless it's a smoking deal.

Currently i'm at
Shaw 75 <-- I don't need anything faster
Small TV <-- wouldn't mind upgrading.

with my student deal its $90.09 after taxes
from next month it will be $155 after taxes

I would like to get this figured out before I get hit with the $155. I don't mind switching to Telus if there is a good offer on the table.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:17 PM   #344

If anyone is interested in Internet only packages, Telus is essentially giving away their "PIK TV" system now with any internet plans. If you have a 4k apple TV already its kind of the best case scenario because you could get your internet plan on full 2 year promo pricing, get the "PIK TV" for free, and essentially have basic TV and internet for the discounted price of the internet alone.

PIK TV is like a lite version of our optik TV, basic channels, some on demand content, and you can add specialty channels with similar pricing to the full optik packages.

Also if anyone is interested in Home security, our security promotions are just rolling out now, you can get basic monitored security for free for 6 months with 1 other service (internet, TV, etc.) then after that its either $25 or $35 a month depending on your package. The system is pretty good full android touch screen interface, wireless sensors, or we can also take over existing hardwired systems currently installed in homes.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:24 PM   #345
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
If anyone is interested in Internet only packages, Telus is essentially giving away their "PIK TV" system now with any internet plans. If you have a 4k apple TV already its kind of the best case scenario because you could get your internet plan on full 2 year promo pricing, get the "PIK TV" for free, and essentially have basic TV and internet for the discounted price of the internet alone.

PIK TV is like a lite version of our optik TV, basic channels, some on demand content, and you can add specialty channels with similar pricing to the full optik packages.

Also if anyone is interested in Home security, our security promotions are just rolling out now, you can get basic monitored security for free for 6 months with 1 other service (internet, TV, etc.) then after that its either $25 or $35 a month depending on your package. The system is pretty good full android touch screen interface, wireless sensors, or we can also take over existing hardwired systems currently installed in homes.
is this for new customers or can it be applied to existing?
can you add theme packs for the pik tv?
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:34 PM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw0op View Post
is this for new customers or can it be applied to existing?
can you add theme packs for the pik tv?
For existing it may be like free for 6 months then 5$ a month after that

no theme packs as far as i know, but the individual channels are priced better than optik usually. IE. HGTV would normally be a $3-$5 alacarte i think its only $2 with PIK
Old 04-16-2019, 05:50 PM   #347
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:

Was actually looking into home security.. Are there many surprise costs with it?

Right now I am only rocking telus gigabit internet
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #348

Things add up when you add additional features or components to packages.

The basic protect package is the main panel, 3 door/window contacts, 2 motions. Additional motions and window contacts are usually 15-20 a peice one time fee.

When you step up to the bigger packs with cameras etc. you get more sensors, smoke/CO2, flood detection etc.

The problem with the Qolsys panel which is the nice touch screen one is we do not have a free secondary panel available. If you want the slightly smaller secondary panel it’s a one time $220 cost. But it looks pretty nice to have in a bedroom etc.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:39 PM   #349
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
My student plan is expiring for Shaw.

Can anyone help me with a plan? I don't want to sign up for a contract plan unless it's a smoking deal.

Currently i'm at
Shaw 75 <-- I don't need anything faster
Small TV <-- wouldn't mind upgrading.

with my student deal its $90.09 after taxes
from next month it will be $155 after taxes

I would like to get this figured out before I get hit with the $155. I don't mind switching to Telus if there is a good offer on the table.
i know you said you don't want a contract but you may be interested in the deal in this redflagdeals thread

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/telu...-ymmv-2277745/
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:51 PM   #350
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Just switched to Shaw Blue Curve where I did a deal with an outbound call rep and got the following deal:

Blue Cure 300 + gateway

Year 1: $60 per month + taxes
Year 2: $75 per month + taxes
$250 activation credit
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: