REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   BREXIT - Results Thread!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/709342-brexit-results-thread.html)

DGN23 06-24-2016 05:16 PM

Just wow...

BBMme 06-24-2016 05:16 PM

So far it doesn't look so good.

tiger_handheld 06-24-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS8 (Post 8766573)
That stock market...

:heckno:

I'm sure it'll rebound.....eventually but wow so far

Stocks crash after U.K. vote to quit EU | Sudbury Star

what an amazing day to buy!

sell when others are greedy, and buy when others are fearful ....

edit: refyendum... the new amberlamps, pagent, sauce?

corollagtSr5 06-24-2016 07:11 PM

Petition to hold 2nd Brexit vote gaining steam in UK - National | Globalnews.ca

The7even 06-25-2016 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 (Post 8766790)

"omg guys, you didn't vote the right way, let's do this again until you get it right! " - leftist democracy.

MG1 06-25-2016 07:07 AM

No, no, no, no, no..............Please, no more immigrants with British accents. I caunt taik it anymoor...........

Better than Aussie accent, I guess....... or an obnoxious french accent :lawl:

Just kidding........

When I call a help line and get someone who speaks "Canadian", it's like winning the fricken lottery. I can actually understand what the fuck they're saying.

GS8 06-25-2016 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 (Post 8766790)

That would be a stain on democracy itself. These fucknuts had their chance to analyze both sides and logically pick one that was best suited to their interests. Voting happened and this is the result.

They weren't voting for the employee of the week, they were voting for the future of their fucking country. I'm glad the EU is trying to push them out ASAP.

They voted. Now they must relish in their decision.

Online petitions are about as effective as brushing your teeth with maple syrup.

westopher 06-25-2016 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS8 (Post 8766866)
That would be a stain on democracy itself. These fucknuts had their chance to analyze both sides and logically pick one that was best suited to their interests. Voting happened and this is the result.

They weren't voting for the employee of the week, they were voting for the future of their fucking country. I'm glad the EU is trying to push them out ASAP.

They voted. Now they must relish in their decision.

Online petitions are about as effective as brushing your teeth with maple syrup.

The biggest stain on democracy is that 90% of voters have no idea what the fuck they are doing.

jasonturbo 06-25-2016 10:03 AM

The worst thing about democracy is voters who think they know what's best for everyone else.

Carl Johnson 06-25-2016 10:23 AM

"Almost nothing great has ever been done in the world except by the genius and firmness of a single man/woman combating the prejudices of the multitude." - Voltaire

Traum 06-25-2016 11:09 AM

Saw this on my FB feed, and I am appalled by the things that some of these "young people" are saying...

https://www.facebook.com/theguardian...4285363056323/

:facepalm:

Dudes and dudettes, everyone in the country had an equal chance to come out and vote. The majority of the "old farts" came out to exercise their rights, while the majority of the younger generation did not come out to do so. What is there to blame, bitch, and complain about at all?

Raid3n 06-25-2016 07:26 PM

a friend of mine that lives in the UK, has lived there for a good while, and is a british citizen (is of Japanese/Danish decent) had this happen today.

Quote:

Just had a laminated card pushed through my door that said. "now we voted out, you scum should fuck off out"
and apparently had a brick thrown at her house (which she owns, doesn't rent)

westopher 06-25-2016 07:27 PM

In a city, or small town?

CharlesInCharge 06-25-2016 09:20 PM

An Iranian was beaten then set on fire to die only a few years ago... even the police didnt help in the initial assaults.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8kXWgomQEU
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aedophile.html

http://i.imgur.com/aPm9Yrr.jpg

Like the 7 year cycle calendar that I posted last year, we're also into a jubilee (every 50) year.
The medias subtle brainwashing (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpw-GbEpjR4),
false flag 911,
and the creation of "islamic" terror groups
were to throne in total control of the middle east... specially in energy rich Iran.

Of course ISIS is on its way out and the plan has failed on this Jubilee, so who knows what plan b is now and how it will effect Canada.
If we do or dont confront Russia, China and Iran.. either way Im thinking we'll eventually turn out like the Brazilian model. Someone getting shot in the street everyday.

westopher 06-25-2016 09:36 PM

Its too bad so many of your reasonable thoughts get muddled in with the ridiculous ones, because some of your points I agree strongly with.

CharlesInCharge 06-25-2016 09:43 PM

Ridiculous? Maybe youre just reluctant to open your eyes. My calendar economic crash thread.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70265...15-2016-a.html

edit
speaking of Charles.... which Charles is crazier? Me or him.
Climate change partly to blame for Syria war
http://globalnews.ca/news/2356227/pr...for-syria-war/

Raid3n 06-26-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8766988)
In a city, or small town?

Stoke-on-trent

firework shot at her window today, broke another one.

Traum 06-27-2016 11:11 AM

The fallout from Brexit is really turning out to be more dramatic than anything anyone can possibly imagine. From the lack of any post-Leave plans, to the denial of responsibilities from all kinds of politicians, to the infighting and implosion of political parties and individual political careers, to the Scotland and Gibraltar's own EU plans...

I feel like I'm in a position to :Popcorn and just watch everything unfold, but somehow, I know the fallout will ripple through the world and drag us down one way or another as well...

6o4__boi 06-27-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8767295)
The fallout from Brexit is really turning out to be more dramatic than anything anyone can possibly imagine. From the lack of any post-Leave plans, to the denial of responsibilities from all kinds of politicians, to the infighting and implosion of political parties and individual political careers, to the Scotland and Gibraltar's own EU plans...

I feel like I'm in a position to :Popcorn and just watch everything unfold, but somehow, I know the fallout will ripple through the world and drag us down one way or another as well...

another Brexit coming...courtesy of Iceland this time.
:troll:

it's been pretty entertaining watching things unfold...the amount of clueless people who voted to leave is staggering.

Traum 06-27-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8767302)
another Brexit coming...courtesy of Iceland this time.
:troll:

Yeah yeah, rub it in... :okay:

From the stuff I've seen so far, Cameron seems to be the one of the smartest escapees from the fallout even though he is losing his job as a result of this. I can almost picture him smirking at the clueless Leave camp folks for the mess that is worsening by the minute.

68style 06-27-2016 03:47 PM

Man oh man... Since when did voting to leave the EU give license to violent racist attacks.

I can only imagine what will happen in the USA if Trump gets in, anyone of colour better run for safety somewhere else... not even joking.

This really sucks because I was planning to move to the UK on ancestral citizenship since things are so stupid expensive in Vancouver, but my wife is Chinese... way too risky now it seems like, no way I'll be able to convince her to go or would want to if this is what we'd have to deal with.

adambomb 06-27-2016 04:33 PM

My interest in the Brexit is minimal to slightly interested. Thank you The Guardian for the coles notes. :teach:

Quote:

Here's where things stand at 1am GMT

The fourth day after Britain voted to exit the European Union has been a febrile one. Here’s where things stand:

-Shockwaves from the vote have been reverberating around the world economy. A trillion dollars were wiped off world stock markets on Monday, adding to $2tn in losses on Friday, making this the largest two-day stock rout of all time.

-The Sterling continued to lose value, dropping to just $1.32, its lowest point in more than 30 years.
Fitch became the third major ratings agency to downgrade the UK’s credit rating, following Standard & Poor’s earlier on Monday and Moody’s on Friday.

-Jeremy Corbyn has vowed to stay on despite mass resignations from his shadow cabinet and a tense meeting of the Parliamentary Labour Party during which Labour MPs agreed to hold a no-confidence vote in Corbyn’s leadership.

-The Labour leader addressed a massed rally in Parliament Square after the meeting. He didn’t mention any leadership crisis.

-The Conservative party’s own leadership contest continued to bubble, with chancellor George Osborne formally ruling himself out.

-Nicola Sturgeon, the leader of the Scottish National Party, has reportedly begun exploring ways for Scotland - and Gibraltar, and possibly also Northern Ireland - to stay in the EU despite the vote.

Brexit: Labour MPs to hold no-confidence vote in Jeremy Corbyn - as it happened | Politics | The Guardian

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-28-2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 8767386)
Man oh man... Since when did voting to leave the EU give license to violent racist attacks.

England was the most racist place I have ever been, and I've been to a lot of places.

and this was back in 2006. they've always been racist.

London was ok. a lot less racist. a lot more minorities.

but those smaller cities... lol. every single night i was called a jap and to go home. or people would push me and try to start fights. shoulder check me and laugh. every single night. They all looked like soccer hooligan types. lol.

blkgsr 06-28-2016 08:25 AM

ya small town (minded) brits really are some of the worst

68style 06-28-2016 10:29 AM

I had the same problems there back in 2007 so almost the same time as you... but I was just there last summer 2015 and it was a great experience, no issues whatsoever and totally different attitudes everywhere we went. Seems it's risen to the surface again.