REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 12-30-2016, 06:53 PM   #76
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,919 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Really started in on the bathroom today, took out the inside wall since the electricians need to change the location of the fan switch which was next to the toilet (how fucken stupid)
I dunno, that could be handy if you realize halfway through that you're unleashing some unholy abomination.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:06 PM   #77
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
the reason why I had to remove the wall is because some stupid reason the fan is powered by the light in the kitchen. I have a feeling its by the toilet instead by the light switch because they forgot about the fan and it was easy to pull the power from the kitchen light. I'm happy it was figured out and won't cost me extra which is the big thing
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:39 PM   #78
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Nitpicking here but you'll probably want to staple the loomex to the right of the kitchen window closer to the inside of the stud as the way it sits right now doesn't pass code.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:49 PM   #79
In RS I Trust

that was all my electricians work, he's of course not finished but I'm not worried at all right now.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:49 AM   #80
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Not sure if you've bought your flooring already but if not you might want to look at luxury vinyl plank flooring. Cheaper than hardwood, looks pretty good and if an area gets damaged you can easily pull it up and put down some other planks. I have it everywhere in my house except bathrooms and has been good so far.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:57 AM   #81
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
love seeing all that work before i get there,lol.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:04 AM   #82
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorkami View Post
Not sure if you've bought your flooring already but if not you might want to look at luxury vinyl plank flooring. Cheaper than hardwood, looks pretty good and if an area gets damaged you can easily pull it up and put down some other planks. I have it everywhere in my house except bathrooms and has been good so far.
I'm going to go with the same engineered hardwood along the entire first floor including the kitchen. That's not going to be done for 6 months to a year since we have maxed out on the kitchen and washroom plus we still need to replace all the windows as well.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:24 PM   #83
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
I'm thinking about putting some of this down in my laundry room. Got any pics?
Old 12-31-2016, 01:03 PM   #84
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm going to go with the same engineered hardwood along the entire first floor including the kitchen. That's not going to be done for 6 months to a year since we have maxed out on the kitchen and washroom plus we still need to replace all the windows as well.
Are you laying the flooring down, underneath the cabinets and appliances, even though you're doing the rest later?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:24 PM   #85
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Think it was under $3.50/sqf but i bought it a while ago so don't remember the exact price.

https://4corners.ca/

not sure what i'm doing wrong, link to image here https://postimg.org/image/cuhafsc6v/
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2016, 04:00 PM   #86
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Are you laying the flooring down, underneath the cabinets and appliances, even though you're doing the rest later?
we are going to leave the kick plates lose and then lay the flooring partially under the cabinets and then put the kick plates on. The gf did that on her last place and it worked perfect.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:13 PM   #87
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,330 Times in 5,645 Posts
Just gonna live on sub floor for a while? lol I'm debating that myself right now
Old 12-31-2016, 06:32 PM   #88
In RS I Trust

yup thats the plan and i'm even leaving the original lino down as well. I don't see the big deal about living on the subfloor for a bit since it will make things easier down the road for the pocketbook.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:50 PM   #89

If you're mounting the cabinets permanently, before the floors go in, just remember to go the extra 1/2-3/4" off the subfloor, so the counter is at the right height.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2016, 08:28 PM   #90
In RS I Trust

already factored that in, that would totally suck if that was missed and the counters were that off.

I spoke to my cabinet guy earlier in the day and confirmed we are getting them installed for the weekend of the 14th. Can't wait for two weeks and the kitchen will be close to done. I guess I should finish ripping up the floor lol
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2016, 09:54 PM   #91
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:

Think it was under $3.50/sqf but i bought it a while ago so don't remember the exact price.

https://4corners.ca/

not sure what i'm doing wrong, link to image here https://postimg.org/image/cuhafsc6v/
Here you go!

Looks nice!
Old 01-01-2017, 12:53 AM   #92
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,919 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
If you're mounting the cabinets permanently, before the floors go in, just remember to go the extra 1/2-3/4" off the subfloor, so the counter is at the right height.
Serious question, would that even be noticeable?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:13 AM   #93

I'd definitely notice the difference. Same as if the rise of a staircase or a toilet height is off. So many dimensions are so standardized, that our bodies just become used to them.

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2017, 06:44 AM   #94
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
I'd definitely notice the difference. Same as if the rise of a staircase or a toilet height is off. So many dimensions are so standardized, that our bodies just become used to them.

i've installed hundreds of kitchens. once you level the bases there's always difference in height from one end of the run to the other, especially in renos(older homes). same with stairs. its math. you have a total run and a total rise, and depending on the amount of stairs, it varies. you try to approach a standard, but it usually is not. the important thing is that its consistent, because if one is different you could go for a fall.

Last edited by N.V.M.; 01-01-2017 at 07:29 AM.
N.V.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:54 AM   #95

I've installed my fair share of cabinets as well and of course the floors are never perfect. I'm just saying if I walked up to a counter that was 37" high, I would notice.

RSUV #7
Old 01-02-2017, 10:10 PM   #96
In RS I Trust

Late mini post but just finished pulling ip the bathroom floor, the sub is rotted in the closest corner to the right of the tub so no clue how I'm going to fix that yet but I will figure it out.

That being said, the GF pulled up the entire bathroom floor... She's a fucken champ and i'm so impressed.

No work tomorrow since the electrical is being finished/inspected and then the plummer is coming in on Thursday and drywall up this weekend.

I ended up going with Roxul insulation, I've heard nothing but good things about it and the price difference is worth it in the long run.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:14 PM   #97
In RS I Trust

Thats one of my cats Walter in the picture... He's been helping lots as well.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2017, 05:25 AM   #98
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
To be honest I doubt you'll notice a difference between Roxul which is a mineral wool compared to a standard Fiberglass batt. The stc ratings are pretty much equivalent based on the same R value however since you're doing such a small area you're not really paying that much more.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:04 AM   #99
In RS I Trust

I'm using it more due to the sound proofing and I'm going to put it in every open wall including my inside walls. Thats the big reason why I wanted to go with it since you can hear every little thing in my place especially the washroom.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #100
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,330 Times in 5,645 Posts
Should have maybe went with the roxul "safe and sound" then? It's their sound proofing product with the fire rating for in between floors etc.

Ended up using it on our suite and that, in combination with the sound barrier drywall (forgot which product we used) has worked great. I only boarded the ceiling in the bedroom with the sound proof drywall but it seems like it was worth the money. Can have my makita radio directly above the bedroom and you can still hear slight beats etc but cannot make out words or much sound when it's fully cranked