REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,399 Times in 5,671 Posts
Tim Hortons: No longer a Canadian institution.

A lot of people probably read the title and think “no shit” but it’s gotten to critical levels for the company as a whole imo and not just regarding the Burger King ownership.

As far as I’m concerned they are amongst, if not, the worst, most incompetent fast food chain going right now.

I haven’t gone to Tim’s as much as I have in the past but when I do, the level of service and quality of is laughable.

I can remember when Tim’s first started serving sandwiches and it was actually a good product for a good value, you’d get a sandwich hand crafted with fresh ingredients made with at least an ounce of effort, now the product -every- time is something from those memes of McDonald’s burgers where you see the ad VS the real thing.

I’ve gone to Tim’s about 5 times in the last 6 months, every time it’s been exactly the same:

“Hi there could I get a chili and a coffee?”

“Sorry we have no chili”

“Ok what kind of soup do you have?”

“We have no soup”

The other day I was going to visit my grandma I had already ate but I was going to pick her up lunch

“Ok can I get a soup and sandwich combo, I’ll have the ham and Swiss on whole wheat please”

“Ok we don’t have Swiss is cheddar ok?”

“Fine that’s ok”

“Oh and we don’t have whole wheat is white ok?”

Yea I guess..

“Ok and what soup would you like? Actually sorry we only have chicken noodle”

This is the situation at all 5-6 tims I’ve been to in the last year. And it’s not that I’m there at the end of the day or during a “busy” time.

If you hold Tim’s stock or have any stake in the company, get out while you can.
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
i thought it was going to be a post along the lines of servers having to know how to speak mandarin or else it's a human rights violation

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,228 Posts
I fucking hate Timmy's, their food tastes like cardboard, their coffee is shit, and the drive thru is always lined around the whole building. Haven't been there in months.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-04-2018, 04:55 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,739 Times in 816 Posts
ESL Filipinos. Thats all i fucking see.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:03 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
i like timmys coffee. its not like any other coffee, its more sweeter.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #6
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Timmy's doesn't give a shit anymore. My wife hasn't had a properly made french onion soup in years.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Timmy's are franchised. Your experience will be different at different ones. I've been to some that are great, and some that are shit. To elaborate, some owners actually care about their place more than others do. So, they hire the right people.

I saw a black guy rob a store once when I was a kid. So I guess all black people rob stores.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:53 PM   #8
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,842 Times in 8,204 Posts
It went to shit when they started using frozen reheated donuts 15 years ago or whenever it was. Not that they were ever great, but they have been horrible for a very long time. Their popularity is more meme than anything IMO
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Timmy's doesn't give a shit anymore. My wife hasn't had a properly made french onion soup in years.
Not sure how they can get it wrong. You just slice the bag open and pour it into the warming tray :/
Old 01-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #10

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Their prices are ridiculous now and the food has gone downhill. That's how I felt a few years ago, the last time I set foot in one. That's when I said nope. Never ever again. I can only imagine now.
And I don't know what that stuff is, but it ain't coffee. Not IMO
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #11

After I realized I can't stop my coffee keep spilling in my car cupholder I made the switch the McDonalds.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2018, 06:29 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

McDonalds is the only fast food coffee people should be drinking.

I remember I swore off Tim Hortons a few years ago when they changed their Tuscan Chicken Panini... when it first came out it was pretty good, I was surprised. Then one day I got it and the bread changed and the ingredients looked like a pile of shit.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #13
in the butt

Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,188 Posts
dont know what you guys are whining about. Dont like what you see? Dont look.

i probably stop by 10 times a month, for whatever im feeling like, some locations are slow as F, and the main ones i go to are quicker than any other fast food chain.

Each to their own.
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #14
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I used to be a Tim Hortons guy probably 15 years? I'd stop every morning on my way to work and usually at least two other times a day well I was working.

I agree with everything you said, they never anything in stock the stuff they do have is the most tasteless garbage available from any fast restaurant chain. The coffee is absolutely horrible.

I never almost never go there anymore and if I was going there I sure as shit wouldn't get the coffee.....how do you not do the coffee right?

Edit: Bagels are the only thing on the menu they seldom fuck up and are somewhat edible.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #15
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
We're the Mexicans of Canada how dare yOU

I like the bagels and cheese biscuits at Tims. As far as real food goes, it's always been shit lol. The only people I've ever known to order sandwiches and soup from there in my life have all been the kind of white people who think Frank's Red Hot is a real hot sauce.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #16
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i guess the manager's don't care and hire shit bag workers...
Old 01-04-2018, 07:26 PM   #17
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
75% of the time I go their out of soup, bread or not everything on the menu is available

Last edited by Vansterdam; 01-04-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #18

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Tim Hortons is a bit like Ford/GM during the late 90's, the only reason they have sales are these die-hard brand dick riders that refuse to even consider that better products and services are available elsewhere.

McDonalds>Tim Hortons
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #19

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
I use to really love Tim Horton coffee, me and my dad are huge coffee/tea guys (we have an coffee machine as well as a grinder at home and my dad would pretty much have coffee from morning till 3pm while tea all day long)

But sadly Mc cafe has really got them beat in term of quality and price over past couple of years, which is at point where we don't even make our own coffee at home anymore cuz Mc cafe is a much better option for us and the only time I ever visit tims is at the airport (first thing I buy when I land is tims and last thing I buy when I leave is also tims)

Tims coffee isn't bad, but they just got out beaten (stopped going to tims for food for years now cuz food quality and service is crap, plus I always get unlucky when I'm there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #20
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
while OP's complaint is legit, the rest of the posts are kinda ironic/funny

I mean this is the only forum I know with a gigantic I love mickie D's thread

overpriced? have you ordered a regular meal at mcdonald's recently?

if I'm up before 6, and I just need a quick fix, i'll go to timmies

I don't drink coffee, some times I'll get timbits. Is it straight from the oven fresh like a mom and pop's place? no but for spare change I don't care that much esp when I'm barely awake. I will say ice cap as a seasonal drink for me is very hit and miss, some times it's almost as if it's half water

service...why would I expect or care about decent service from a fast food corporation? Just hand me my damn food. If it's really disappointing i'll send it back. Don't need to put that much thought into it, imo
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2018, 08:28 PM   #21

McDonalds is expensive, no doubt. Consider this, I can walk into any random McDonalds and 99% of the time, what I want to order on the menu is available. The rare exceptions are when they are out of syrup for the fountain machines or when they have some promo out that brings out every cheapskate known to man.

On the other hand, I've made it a game to see how many locations I need to go to before I can get something other than an ice cap or a toasted bagel. It's a wonder there are so many of them, I'd need to visit 3-4 locations to complete a meal lol. You're not even settling on your 2nd, 3rd choices in many cases because they don't have the stock. Morons run these franchises.

Will pay a premium to get what I want.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2018, 08:58 PM   #22

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
while OP's complaint is legit, the rest of the posts are kinda ironic/funny

I mean this is the only forum I know with a gigantic I love mickie D's thread

overpriced? have you ordered a regular meal at mcdonald's recently?

if I'm up before 6, and I just need a quick fix, i'll go to timmies

I don't drink coffee, some times I'll get timbits. Is it straight from the oven fresh like a mom and pop's place? no but for spare change I don't care that much esp when I'm barely awake. I will say ice cap as a seasonal drink for me is very hit and miss, some times it's almost as if it's half water

service...why would I expect or care about decent service from a fast food corporation? Just hand me my damn food. If it's really disappointing i'll send it back. Don't need to put that much thought into it, imo
Indeed, the prices are on par with the rest of the crap out there. But I feel like they used to be so much cheaper, say even ten years ago, than the rest of the crap out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
Speaking of Filipinos, why are there so many that work at Church's Chickens? (another restaurant that's gone to shit)
I'm legit curious. Have wondered this for years
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:52 PM   #23
GS8

Thanked 7,297 Times in 1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Speaking of Filipinos, why are there so many that work at Church's Chickens? (another restaurant that's gone to shit)
I'm legit curious. Have wondered this for years
They couldn't cut it as nurses

Also lol at comparing Tim's to McDs. Your body doesn't discriminate against shitty food.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:26 PM   #24
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Depends where you go. One of friends have to travel a lot coz of work. Most places she travel to is like little shit ass town in the middle of nowhere. The only place that serve food is usually subway or Timmys. So she doesn't have a lot of choice lol.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:58 PM   #25
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
In that case, you owe your wife a trip to Les Faux Bourgeois. OK I know it isn't Timmy's, but seriously, you need to go there and get their soupe à l'oignon gratinée.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: