REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:12 AM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
My worst experience with Timmies is the one in Grandview Corners in South Surrey.

My god, no one speaks a lick of English there.
Advertisement
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:29 AM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
i guess the manager's don't care and hire shit bag workers...
More like they can't find anyone else.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:17 AM   #28
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Speaking of Filipinos, why are there so many that work at Church's Chickens? (another restaurant that's gone to shit)
I'm legit curious. Have wondered this for years
Fast food and janitorial work is the easiest work to get into if you are new to Canada and sponsored. They dont have the luxury of waiting for something better because everyone who comes here has family back home they need to send money to immediately. Church's, Tim's, & Mcd's & cleaning companies target immigrants for hiring. I can confirm this also because I was doing mass recruiting for a national cleaning company last year and Filipinos were their most sought after workers, white people/execs just love them for their work ethic and they make it known.
Filipino communites are pretty tight knit, word travels fast and referrals are how most newcomers get their jobs. Even if you have a degree from the Phils, it doesnt mean anything here. Much like how an East Indian can be a doctor in India but has to start off as a cab driver here.

Last edited by MSREE; 01-05-2018 at 03:24 AM.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2018, 04:10 AM   #29
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

The unfortunate thing is that these are the types of jobs that are supposed to go to teenagers. Where they can learn some life skills, make some money to buy their first car, make some extra cash while going to college, etc...

These minimum wage jobs were never meant to be permanent, they're supposed to be stepping stones to something better. I hardly ever see a teenager working in a McDonalds anymore.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-05-2018, 06:11 AM   #30
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Anywhere else but the GVRD and you'll see lots of teenagers working at McDonalds, Timmy Ho's, Burger King, etc.

Also, I still see a fair number of teenagers working at those places here. They're just not as visible............ asians of any kind are not as minority as they once were, but they are certainly visible.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2018, 06:22 AM   #31
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
*Insert overly-entitled hipster millennial mentality*

(Secretly thinking of twitchyzero because he will get his panties in a bunch.)

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2018, 06:28 AM   #32
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
The unfortunate thing is that these are the types of jobs that are supposed to go to teenagers. Where they can learn some life skills, make some money to buy their first car, make some extra cash while going to college, etc...

These minimum wage jobs were never meant to be permanent, they're supposed to be stepping stones to something better. I hardly ever see a teenager working in a McDonalds anymore.
There used to be a ton of teens working at the Metro, Main st and Waterfront location of McDonalds. Some of the teen girls working there actually look pretty hot. NOw they are all gone due to the Self ordering check out......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:34 AM   #33
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
what about food/drink quality? Any thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:48 AM   #34
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
I go to Tim Horton's for convenience reasons. It takes me 2 minutes to get there compared to 5-10 minutes for a McDonald's or Starbucks and I don't want to be out of the office for too terribly long. I'm amazed at how easily it is for them to ruin my order. Large black coffee. I'll open it up in my truck to see it's got cream in it. Double toasted bagel... wrong bagel and looks like it's been in a toaster for 30 seconds. If I want my coffee done right it seems like my best and fastest option is to go to the gas station with a small self serve Tim's in it and pour it myself.

When I get sick of Tim's I'll swap to McDonald's for a short period of time and other than the slight difference in taste between straight black dark roast is that the McDonald's cup feels like it's just come out of hell. Shit is boiling hot when I get it and I have to let it sit for a good 10 minutes before it doesn't melt the insides of my mouth.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:06 AM   #35
I STILL don't get it

I think nowadays too in Vancouver most teenagers by necessity dont HAVE to work. most of em have newer phones than i do haha. from a hiring standpoint, teenagers are green and will leave as everyone knows school trumps work.. turnover rate at these jobs are incredibly high. immigrants are viewed as better because they need the job and they'll work min wage without complaint...... it's unspoken but known within the food & bev industry.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #36
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
I’d like to see the Tim’s training video and how they teach all employees how to avoid cutting the bottom piece of bread in sandwiches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #37

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Anywhere else but the GVRD and you'll see lots of teenagers working at McDonalds, Timmy Ho's, Burger King, etc.

Also, I still see a fair number of teenagers working at those places here. They're just not as visible............ asians of any kind are not as minority as they once were, but they are certainly visible.
Depends on what time one visits these fast food chains.

Don't expect to see teens working during the morning rush or even lunch hour.

I see tons of teens working at McDs all around the GVRD (Kerrisdale, Richmond, and South Surrey/White Rock to name a few) after 3pm and later into the evening.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:58 AM   #38
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I got a $25 gc for timmies from a customer as an Xmas gift. I gave it to my Physio guy. Ain’t got no time for a Brazilian owned, foreign run, temp worker serviced Timmies.

OP is right. Another Canadian institution bites the dust.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I was just at Cambie and No 3 Tim Hortons last night hoping to get an Iced Capp.

Told me the machine was broken. I swore I was just there last week and it was broken again. I bet it was never even fixed in the time frame I wasn`t there
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
In that case, you owe your wife a trip to Les Faux Bourgeois. OK I know it isn't Timmy's, but seriously, you need to go there and get their soupe à l'oignon gratinée.
Don't forget the duck confit salad
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #41
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
The only 2 reasons I would go to Timmies is 1. Extra Large Coffee's and 2. Tim Bits. Now McDonalds has Extra Large Coffee's and the muffins are better at McDonalds sooooo I don't go to Tim's anymore. McDonalds Coffee is way better and the cups are 10x better. PLUS you get the stickers so you get coffee rewards from MdDicks. ALSO!!! Free refills if your sitting in house eating your food. Try getting a free refill at Tim's..... lol

Berz out.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #42
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,922 Times in 3,876 Posts
It sounds like the Timmies down there are a lot worse than everywhere else, obviously it isn't gourmet but for the speed and price I've never had a problem and I can actually eat their food without feeling like I'm going to puke 10 minutes down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Tim Hortons is a bit like Ford/GM during the late 90's, the only reason they have sales are these die-hard brand dick riders that refuse to even consider that better products and services are available elsewhere.

McDonalds>Tim Hortons
I haven't been to a McDonalds in forever because the food is such garbage I felt sick every time I ate there, and the only options were greasy junk that was expensive as hell. Can I get a bagel or a half decent sandwich at McD's now or is it still just shitty burgers and limp fries for $10?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #43
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,335 Times in 5,646 Posts
stay away from Les Faux Bourgeois you fucks! dont want to have to be waiting on a table! lol

As per Berz, i can only imagine the amount of money that went into the engineering of those mcdonalds cups

i think my main beef is there are seemingly systematic problems from top to bottom with the company as a whole, not just a store here and there. Sad because where really was a time when it was a place to go, now i feel like avoiding it like the plague. Doesnt help i bought an espresso machine and have all but stopped buying coffee outside of home now

also regarding the bagels, which i agree are probably the only thing worth getting anymore (even the breakfast sandwhiches fell off a cliff) my buddy refuses to go to tims and has for quite some time because he gets pretty fired up regarding the level of toasting on bagels lol
Old 01-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #44

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
whats wrong with filipino churches

dem titas give me extra thigh and fries

indian run chruches give u the shits

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2018, 09:47 AM   #45

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Now that it's been mentioned, why the hell does Timmies still use those garbage coffee lids, it's not like there aren't better alternatives now...

I'll agree the bagels are about the only thing that can still be half decent, ordered a grilled cheese before and it's like they were in such a rush the cheese wasn't even melted.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #46
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I only go to Timmy's to go to Wendy's lol

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:50 AM   #47

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
They couldn't cut it as nurses

Also lol at comparing Tim's to McDs. Your body doesn't discriminate against shitty food.
I saw a lot of Church's Chickens when I was in Manila earlier this year. My assumption is that the Filipinos are franchise owners and use the work visa program to employ their family, friends, etc from back in the Philippines.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:52 AM   #48

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
stay away from Les Faux Bourgeois you fucks! dont want to have to be waiting on a table! lol

As per Berz, i can only imagine the amount of money that went into the engineering of those mcdonalds cups

i think my main beef is there are seemingly systematic problems from top to bottom with the company as a whole, not just a store here and there. Sad because where really was a time when it was a place to go, now i feel like avoiding it like the plague. Doesnt help i bought an espresso machine and have all but stopped buying coffee outside of home now

also regarding the bagels, which i agree are probably the only thing worth getting anymore (even the breakfast sandwhiches fell off a cliff) my buddy refuses to go to tims and has for quite some time because he gets pretty fired up regarding the level of toasting on bagels lol
That's fucking hilarious, I CAN'T STAND HOW LITTLE THEY TOAST THE BAGELS. You literally have to ask them to put them through the damn toaster twice.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #49
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
speaking of Church's
a box of chicken would hurt the wallet if it wasn't for mail coupons
portions have gotten smaller but i wouldn't say quality has changed much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
More like they can't find anyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post

I hardly ever see a teenager working in a McDonalds anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
*Insert overly-entitled hipster millennial mentality*

(Secretly thinking of twitchyzero because he will get his panties in a bunch.)
most teenagers here today don't want to do fast food like the old days

most of them also not that interested in buying a car, the gas aint cheap like our old days as if insurance for new drivers aren't bad enough

Last edited by twitchyzero; 01-05-2018 at 11:58 AM.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:01 PM   #50
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
most teenagers today don't want to do fast food like the old days

most of them also not that interested in buying a car, the gas aint cheap like our old days as if insurance for new drivers aren't bad enough
This was a few years ago, but a hs kid I knew at the time told me that when he was working at McDonald's, they didn't even get free meals from work. All they had was discounted purchases. That really came as a surprise to me. IIRC, KFC / Taco Bell at least offers free meals.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote