REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:01 AM   #51
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
There are an estimated 50 million civilian casualties of ww2. In 5 years. The war needed to end. Sacrificing 200,000 was brutal but it was the message necessary to send to make Japan step down. Ww2 was horrific beyond belief and couldn't continue. None of the nations involved could sustaon it. China had 10-15 million civilians die directly at the hands of the Japanese.

I really dont think any of us can wrap our heads around something like that.
and by most accounts those numbers are considered "low" estimates, most think Russia and China lost at least 20 million each on top of the rest of the pacific and European theatres.

I'm pretty big into war history but for most the numbers China suffered go unmentioned in war history
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2018, 07:14 AM   #52
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
Agreed. Imperial Japan was like Nazi Germany.

The nuke was a necessity or else they would have never given up. Plus, with the atrocities it had deployed during WWII, Imperial Japan definitely deserved it.
so civilians deserved to be incinerated and have birth defects because of what their government did onto others?

really?

BUT DEY NEVA SAY SOLLY!!

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:59 AM   #53
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Anyone saying nuclear bombs on non-military targets was a necessity has never been to Hiroshima.

Callous response, shrug off entire generations of families because of a necessity! Wow, easy to say when you’re just flipping pages of text books and making a casual armchair analysis of what you’ve been told happened before you were even born right? There’s ALWAYS another way besides mass genocide. Definitely other targets.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2018, 08:29 AM   #54
I'll be good I promise.

Thanked 1,551 Times in 329 Posts
Just dropping in to say hi. In the midst of all this.
Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2018, 09:13 AM   #55
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
^ Well played sir
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 02:48 PM   #56
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Anyone saying nuclear bombs on non-military targets was a necessity has never been to Hiroshima.

Callous response, shrug off entire generations of families because of a necessity! Wow, easy to say when you’re just flipping pages of text books and making a casual armchair analysis of what you’ve been told happened before you were even born right? There’s ALWAYS another way besides mass genocide. Definitely other targets.
Did you miss the part about what the Japanese were doing to the chinese? That is almost never discussed in any text book and is one of the worst cases of genocide in human history.

What would American Japanese and chinese future generations look like after another 5 years of the war? Probably alot more horrifying than how things played out. What if if the nuclear arms race went on 2 or 3 years longer and Germany and Japan developed a nuke? Instead of 2 cities getting a nuke and the war ending, maybe they fire some back and maybe 50 cities get nuked all over the globe with casualties in the hundreds of millions before someone gives up

The nukes were horrendous yes. But they are really a fairly small drop in the bucket to the casualties actually sustained during the war, and potentially insignificant compared to what the potential was if the war didnt end.

Last edited by RRxtar; 04-28-2018 at 02:55 PM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 02:55 PM   #57
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
200,000 give or take civilian casualties to end a war that killed 50 million or more.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:39 PM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oper...ssoms_at_Night
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 04-28-2018 at 11:05 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:34 PM   #59
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Did you miss the part about what the Japanese were doing to the chinese? That is almost never discussed in any text book and is one of the worst cases of genocide in human history.

What would American Japanese and chinese future generations look like after another 5 years of the war? Probably alot more horrifying than how things played out. What if if the nuclear arms race went on 2 or 3 years longer and Germany and Japan developed a nuke? Instead of 2 cities getting a nuke and the war ending, maybe they fire some back and maybe 50 cities get nuked all over the globe with casualties in the hundreds of millions before someone gives up

The nukes were horrendous yes. But they are really a fairly small drop in the bucket to the casualties actually sustained during the war, and potentially insignificant compared to what the potential was if the war didnt end.
not only genocide, but women and under aged children were gang raped by soldiers before being slaughtered. At least the Americans didn't rape the japanese children before bombing them...
Old 04-28-2018, 10:01 PM   #60
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Personally, I agree with the use of the atomic bombs on Japan at the end of WW2. Without a doubt, that devastating one-two punch caused Japan to surrender much earlier than it would have otherwise. More importantly, based on my rudimentary understanding of Japanese culture and in particular, Japanese pride, I think a complete, utter defeat like that is the only thing that can effectively annihilate the Imperial Army's wrongful ambitions to invade other countries. (But more on this later.)

Anyone familiar with Japan's demise in WW2 would know that by 1944 / 45, Japan was fast running out of its capability and capacity to sustain the war. They do not have enough soldiers, trained or otherwise. They do not have enough supplies. They do not have enough resources. An Allied invasion became imminent. USSR was selling them out. etc.

So had the atomic bombs not been dropped, how much longer would Japan have been able to kept up the fight? It couldn't possibly have been too long.

But this goes back to the point that I raised about Japanese culture and pride. The Japanese people -- esp the older generation from that era -- have tremendous pride of themselves and their country. In the event of an utter and complete defeat, they will recognize the superiority of the winner and accept their defeat. Had it been a longer, more drawn out, and wear-the-enemy-down type of warfare been used to force a surrender out of Japan, I think Japan will be far less likely to accept that as a defeat. And then who knows when their stubborn military ambitions would resurface to wreck some havoc again?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2018, 12:27 AM   #61
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
not only genocide, but women and under aged children were gang raped by soldiers before being slaughtered. At least the Americans didn't rape the japanese children before bombing them...
Any single women over was abducted as "comfort women" for the soldiers. Literally the soldiers would run a train on the women. This pretty much happened in all of the countries that Japan traversed in during WWII.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:38 AM   #62
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
North Korea nuclear test site to close in May, South Korea says - BBC News

They are disarming
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:43 AM   #63
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Putting my speculation hat on:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ers-footsteps/

How much influence did President for life President Xi have with NK's decision ?

Especially with Trump's $100 billion tariff scare to China....
Old 04-29-2018, 07:59 AM   #64
I subscribe to Revscene

People in the US were questioning that they could be nuked by North Korea... this is why the west will probably open up trade and banking transactions with NK.

As for Japan... but who were the Jesuits and the Anglo Zionist empire?

full read here... I havent read it myself but cliffs would be appreciated.
https://geopolitics.co/2012/02/02/th...senseless-war/
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-29-2018, 08:35 AM   #65
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
People in the US were questioning that they could be nuked by North Korea... this is why the west will probably open up trade and banking transactions with NK.

As for Japan... but who were the Jesuits and the Anglo Zionist empire?

full read here... I havent read it myself but cliffs would be appreciated.
https://geopolitics.co/2012/02/02/th...senseless-war/
Every fucking thing has to be a fucking zionist conspiracy with you... for fucks sake man
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #66
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

To put into perspective, the bombing of Tokyo (which used conventional bombs) killed roughly 100,000 civilians. Fewer people were killed in the Fat Man attack. The Berlin bombings killed roughly 50,000, the bombing of London killed roughly 43,000, and Hamburg suffered nearly the same amount of civilian losses as London.

I'm not saying one way or another if the Nagasaki and Hiroshima attacks were justified; it's just interesting to see the civilian losses when comparing conventional bombing raids to a single atomic drop.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote