REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-19-2024, 10:38 AM   #5601
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,631 Times in 1,745 Posts
Look at the website to this idiot's shoes:

https://gettrumpsneakers.com/

It's hilariously bad. Made better websites as a high schooler in the early 2000s

How do people believe it this guy, tell me it's not just xenophobia.
Advertisement
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 11:01 AM   #5602
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,527 Times in 4,912 Posts
Gulolololol.............

Trump cologne. Smell like Trump. NO THANKS!!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:52 PM   #5603
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,610 Times in 5,174 Posts

I mean come on... he's gotta be just trolling at this point right?!
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 08:15 AM   #5604
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,585 Times in 4,300 Posts
one thing Trump has always been good at was making money off of his name. If it will sell he will sell it.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 09:35 AM   #5605
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,700 Posts
Cheeto has always been a marketing genius when it comes to making money from marketing his image. No doubt about it.

Is he raising more funds for his election campaign and/or improving his ability to pay for civil lawsuits?

This guy paid $9000 US for a pair of Trump's autographed sneakers:

https://www.msn.com/en-ae/news/featu...rs/ar-BB1iz8Hp
Old 02-20-2024, 10:21 AM   #5606
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,198 Times in 7,171 Posts
It's so funny how the hack to sell stuff in the US is just be a mouthpiece for the dumbest segment of society. Loyalty to this guy is truly a quantifiable mental illness.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2024, 10:29 AM   #5607
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,610 Times in 5,174 Posts
I was listening to a news podcast the other day and they were talking about this crazy ass survey in the US where they asked a bunch of people if they thought Taylor Swift was affecting the election and most people were somewhat dismissive, then they showed them a fake article citing made up facts about it that were obviously bullshit to anyone with even a semblance of critical thinking skills and asked the question again... and like 3/4 of the people changed their mind to say yes she definitely was.

The stupidity of the general population is immeasurable.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2024, 01:25 PM   #5608
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,050 Times in 1,927 Posts
The US Supreme Court struck down Colorado's move to remove Trump from the ballot. Hooray, he can run

Supreme Court rules Trump can stay on Colorado ballot in historic 14th Amendment case

The court was unanimous in reversing the unprecedented decision out of Colorado that would kick Trump off the ballot under the provision after a state trial court found he participated in "insurrection" on Jan. 6 through incitement.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 03:26 PM   #5609
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
The US Supreme Court struck down Colorado's move to remove Trump from the ballot. Hooray, he can run

Supreme Court rules Trump can stay on Colorado ballot in historic 14th Amendment case

The court was unanimous in reversing the unprecedented decision out of Colorado that would kick Trump off the ballot under the provision after a state trial court found he participated in "insurrection" on Jan. 6 through incitement.
Bahahaha, it seems that all the lefties have been awfully quiet today. Still recovering from the huge blow?

I was expecting SCOTUS to rue in favor of Trump... but not 9-0.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:08 PM   #5610
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,403 Times in 3,475 Posts
I don't know why anyone would support a loser. I can't stand losers. I only support winners like Joe. I can't stand excuse making cry babies.

Old 03-05-2024, 08:27 AM   #5611
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Bahahaha, it seems that all the lefties have been awfully quiet today. Still recovering from the huge blow?

I was expecting SCOTUS to rue in favor of Trump... but not 9-0.
Actually, if nothing else, this is just prevents all those red states from retaliatory ballot name removals since that absolutely is/was a thing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...lot-rcna132600

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 08:46 AM   #5612
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,317 Times in 2,519 Posts
When I first read about the US Supreme Court's decision, my layman gut reaction was that the Supreme Court simply found a technicality to weasel itself out of taking on the responsibility to make a proper ruling on the matter. They have deliberately and explicitly avoided weighing in on whether Trump has participated in the "insurrection". To many (lay) people, that probably would have been the crux of what mattered. Instead, they sidestepped the whole issue by ruling on who has the right to enforce Section 3. So at my gut instinct level, my level of trust towards the Supreme Court has just dropped again.

Polling have already put the public's confidence levels in the US Supreme Court is at an all time low, and weaseling itself out of crucial issues like this isn't gonna help restore or even preserve any of that remaining trust.

At the logical and technical level, of course the Supreme Court's decision was correct, and my logical self is fully aware of that. Still, having confidence in something is often not a purely logical decision process -- your gut feeling has a lot to do with it as well. When the general public have little trust in the (legal) system, that cannot be a healthy thing for society.
Quote:

“For the reasons given, responsibility for enforcing Section 3 against federal officeholders and candidates rests with Congress and not the States," the unsigned Supreme Court opinion read. "The judgment of the Colorado Supreme Court therefore cannot stand. All nine Members of the Court agree with that result.”
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2024, 10:28 AM   #5613

Thanked 4,855 Times in 1,785 Posts
US Supreme Court: States shall have the right to decide the legality of abortion

Also US Supreme Court: States shall not have the right to decide on what is insurrection

People see the "unanimous 9-0 ruling" but miss the important second portion of the SC's opinion, in which 4 justices dissented to the idea that only congress can enforce section 3.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 03-05-2024 at 10:36 AM.
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2024, 06:36 AM   #5614

Nikki Haley finally suspended her campaign ... it was a matter of time. So just Trump as THE Republican candidate for Prez ... now we hope and pray for the US courts to ban him from running and to save the world.

US ... the only place in the free world in which you can be an insurrectionist and run for the office of the President!
Old 03-06-2024, 07:37 AM   #5615
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,585 Times in 4,300 Posts
I don't understand this if Trump was president the world is going to get destroyed
rederict.. He was president for four years and did we die? Nope, Shit in all reality the world was a safe place when he was president and ever since Biden has been in office the entire world has been a shit show.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 07:44 AM   #5616
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,047 Times in 2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I don't understand this if Trump was president the world is going to get destroyed
rederict.. He was president for four years and did we die? Nope, Shit in all reality the world was a safe place when he was president and ever since Biden has been in office the entire world has been a shit show.

Trump started the shit show. Get off that koolaid, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2024, 08:11 AM   #5617

Thanked 2,356 Times in 975 Posts
Trump will win and he'll just throw more money in the military to boost the economy.

The only thing we knwo for sure is - he's crazy and he's unpredictable. Which 90% of the world will be on their toes. One thing good going to when you go talking to the devil is that you're talking to the devil. So there's nothing to fear cause you're already planning for the worse.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:35 AM   #5618

This time he may go into the office with a chip on his shoulder and with vengeance.

Just to confirm, the rule is 2 terms for presidency, right? It doesn't have to be consecutive? In other words, there will not be another Jan 6th storm the capital, regardless. Or will Trump try to go to US Supreme Court and say that it's unconstitutional to restrict POTUS to 2 terms?
Old 03-06-2024, 08:47 AM   #5619

I don't think the court proceedings will happen fast enough to come to a decision on whether Trump can be barred from running. That has been Trump's plans all along to drag out the legal process so that the election will happen first. And then he is counting on a win to literally give himself a free-out-of-jail card.

The World would be left in a far worse place if Trump were to come back for a 2nd term. In his first term, I'd say the damage was limited because for a good part in the beginning, Trump didn't have a good enough understanding of how the presidency works, and he was getting constrained left right and center by the processes that were meant to maintain the checks and balances.

Another very good thing he did that limited his damage to the RoW was to get into a spat with China. For the sake of the RoW, China needs to be restrained and contained, and Trump spent a good amount of his attention on slapping China with taxes and export bans.

But if Trump were to go into a 2nd term, the World can pretty much expect the following despite his unpredictability:

- pulling the plug on Ukraine support

- get into some sort of spat with NATO, including a potential withdrawal

- de-prioritize climate change initiatives at a minimum, but more likely to expand on fossil fuel-related policies that would further drive up emissions

- get into some sort of trade wars with various long time US partners again -- he has already done that in his first term with Europe, Canada, and Mexico. Both Canada and Mexico got bullied into a bad USMCA that shifted the balance of benefits to the US, at the expense of Canada and Mexico.

None of these is good for the World.

Domestically, I'm sure he is going to find ways to dismantle the structures and institutions that were put in place to ensure the checks and balances. He has already done that with his supreme court appointments, and the direct and disastrous outcome of that is the rescinding of the Roe v Wade ruling.

Trump thinks small on a lot of things because he is a US isolationist, and his thinking is very transactional because that's who he is (as a shrewd businessman). Neither of those traits are good for the World.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2024, 08:54 AM   #5620

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
This time he may go into the office with a chip on his shoulder and with vengeance.
100% agree on this

Quote:
Just to confirm, the rule is 2 terms for presidency, right? It doesn't have to be consecutive? In other words, there will not be another Jan 6th storm the capital, regardless. Or will Trump try to go to US Supreme Court and say that it's unconstitutional to restrict POTUS to 2 terms?
It is written in the 22nd Amendment that no one can be elected to be POTUS for more than 2 terms. Roosevelt was the last POTUS to have served for more than 2 terms (he did 4, although he died shortly into his 4th term).

But the crazy thing is -- who knows whether Trump will try to change the amendment to allow for serving more than 2 terms? It certainly seems like a crazy and unlikely thing to pass, but a lot of crazy things have happened since Trump came into the political picture.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:09 AM   #5621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
because that's who he is (as a shrewd businessman).
Shrewd implies someone who is astute sharp powers of judgement.

Trump is not that lol. He's a grifter.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2024, 09:15 AM   #5622

Doesn't shrewd mean smart but morally questionable?

He is 100% a swindler, and his family businesses are known to not pay their bills in full.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:22 AM   #5623

Yes, but that implies Trump is smart. He is not smart.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM   #5624
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,700 Posts
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/06/polit...sis/index.html

Simply put, Trump is running on the most extreme platform in modern history. He has called for the termination of the Constitution. He wants the Supreme Court to grant unchecked power to the presidency, which he plans to use in a personal quest for “retribution” against his enemies. He is pledging to gut the civil service in government departments and to fill posts with political operatives. He’s signaled he’d use the Justice Department not as a quasi-independent arbiter of the rule of law but as a personal political enforcement machine. Many of Trump’s former officials fear he’d pull out of NATO, trash the post-World War II international system and side with dictators.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:14 PM   #5625

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
TBH I'm a little surprised that CNN would publish a well-written piece of political commentary like this LOL~