REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #2026
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
Huh? Modded cars for sale = fear of VI?
Well, one of them actually is for sale because it has an outstanding VI on it.
Advertisement
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:48 AM   #2027
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
skeptical about that black G37

that thing is a sleeper

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #2028
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,060 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
skeptical about that black G37

that thing is a sleeper
I agreed with you, but VPD may not like the noise it makes.
rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:43 AM   #2029
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
Well, one of them actually is for sale because it has an outstanding VI on it.
1/4...
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #2030
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
1/4...
One of them is that ricecookerboi guy...he's got his fair share of VIs.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #2031
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
We should all get giant dildo shifters, and when Cain approachs your window, just start furiously sucking it while holding your index finger to his face letting him know you need a second.
Wait, but that entails a non-OEM suckin-, I mean shift knob...
joonzn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #2032
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Huh? Modded cars for sale = fear of VI?
I'm selling my ae86 because I haven't wanted to drive it with all the VI's they've handed out. My cruising route was to go from home up through Richmond, through DT up to North Van.

I don't want to do it anymore.

It is a genuine fear. No point owning a car you're scared to drive.
rohante72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:26 PM   #2033
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
This is bullshit too, I see this all the time with regards to public servants.

"oh but they are in a different department".

That's fucking junk, if one department is flooded and the other is dead slow to the point that they spend their time chasing pennies out of wishing ponds, then those workers should be transferred over to the busier departments.

If Cain and his little cronies can apply all of this effort to pulling "illegal cars" off the road, how come when I had my car cracked into in an impark lot that had cameras plastered all over, and I had $5000 worth of gear stolen out of it, the VPD couldn't be bothered to even contact Impark or the building owner to get the camera footage?

I had to go to the owner of the building, explain the situation, and even then drive to the VPD to get a form, and then go back to the owner of the building and show him the paperwork in order for him to release me the footage. Then take that back to the VPD for them to essentially tell me, they dont have the time to even try and find the person or bother doing anything about it. There was even 3 license plate numbers in the videos, it had to have been 1 of those 3 cars, but the police refused to do anything.

So yeah traffic cop, transit cop, airport cop, horse riding cop, motorcycle cop, desk cop, cock cop, whatever you want to label them, a cop is a cop, and they should be able to prioritize resources better to benefit society, or they should chill the fuck out on the "we need more officers bullshit" all the time if they dont know how to manage resources and this is what they do with what they are given...
1) "Flooded"? Its literally like 2-4 cops giving out these tickets/VIs

2) If you knew the building had cameras in the lot, why not take initiative and contact them yourself? The police isn't your mommy, they aren't going to hand feed you everything. Its why to rely on the public to also help them out. If you feel like they aren't doing enough, keep calling. Judging by your post, it looks like the video didn't show anything useful, as you don't even know which of the supposed three cars in the lot the thief used to get away despite seeing license plates #

3) Again, we need a traffic unit because too many of you drive like dickheads. I have a feeling you would be the type of person to make a complaint if a cop is on his phone while driving.
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #2034
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohante72 View Post
I'm selling my ae86 because I haven't wanted to drive it with all the VI's they've handed out. My cruising route was to go from home up through Richmond, through DT up to North Van.

I don't want to do it anymore.

It is a genuine fear. No point owning a car you're scared to drive.
A sample size of one =/= a trend.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #2035
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3 View Post

3) Again, we need a traffic unit because too many of you drive like dickheads.
Yes, we do need a traffic unit, but I see cars that have non-working brake lights, driving at night without headlights on, non working turn signals etc.
I bet these few VPD cops that go after modified cars aren't even bothering to stop those people because their cars aren't modified. Of course, I can't prove or disprove this statement, but I do see at least one car driving at night without their headlights on every time I drive when it's dark out and I see cars like older Civics that have only 1 brake light working, so they must have been driving long enough for at least on cop to notice the brake lights not working.

I find that people who mod their cars generally take better care of their cars (mind you, this is just a generalization) so if they are doing it for road safety, they are barking up the wrong tree.
I do agree some cars definitely deserve VI's, but when we have reports from different people who are being told by those cops that ALL modifications are illegal, then that is a problem, cause that isn't true.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2019, 01:42 PM   #2036
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

If someone with lots of money can file a "Freedom of Information" towards VPD for their stats on vehicles they've pulled over for "real" vehicles unfit for the streets VS. lightly-modded vehicles that are well within their specifications.

Gather this information along with the cases we've got here with the few that passed VI as is... Send that off to the media/file formal complaint for harassment.
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #2037

Quote:
Yes, we do need a traffic unit, but I see cars that have non-working brake lights, driving at night without headlights on, non working turn signals etc.
I bet these few VPD cops that go after modified cars aren't even bothering to stop those people because their cars aren't modified.

I find that people who mod their cars generally take better care of their cars (mind you, this is just a generalization) so if they are doing it for road safety, they are barking up the wrong tree.
I do agree some cars definitely deserve VI's, but when we have reports from different people who are being told by those cops that ALL modifications are illegal, then that is a problem, cause that isn't true.
Sadly, I've seen it one too many times with the whole no lights thing. A few weeks ago driving down King George Boulevard, and theirs a Honda Accord with an N no lights on, behind him a Marked Ford Explorer, the cop didn't even bother doing anything about it.

Also, its on you to report vehicles with no working brake lights whatsoever. I've been in a few situations where I've called the non emergency line to report cars with no working *brake lights*. They usually ask me what I want them to do, I just say to let them know they have no working lights to get it fixed.

I'm not disagreeing with the last part. I think VPD is just having a field day cause of that kid. Someone got upset that I posted his IG blaming him for the whole VI thing saying I don't even know the whole situation and that he got multiple VIs. Actually I'll tell you exactly what was exchanged between us.

Quote:
Guy: "Wow, you clearly don't know the whole story behind that. Dude got vi'd multiple times for no reason. Way to make false accusations"

Me: "So that means you should dox a cop?"
Me: "All this started cause of Duke"
Me: "And what do you mean no reason? He even bragged about his cars retarded camber and being slammed"

Guy: "Were you there when it happened? Can you say 100% that it was him specifically that started this? Dude this shits been going on for while, hes not the first one to do it. Im not saying Im all for that, but you dont need to get all hot and bothered and call the guy out, thats pretty ignorant. I don't care about people bashing other car people in this community. Unfollowing you (with peace fingers emoji)"

Me: "Yah cool, I don't care."

Last edited by E90M3; 01-23-2019 at 01:45 PM. Reason: * is edit
Old 01-23-2019, 03:45 PM   #2038

Quote:
I bet these few VPD cops that go after modified cars aren't even bothering to stop those people because their cars aren't modified. Of course, I can't prove or disprove this statement, but I do see at least one car driving at night without their headlights on every time I drive when it's dark out and I see cars like older Civics that have only 1 brake light working, so they must have been driving long enough for at least on cop to notice the brake lights not working.

Someone should have a beater car that is nearly unsafe cruise next to a modded car and see which one gets pulled over...
mdnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #2039
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3 View Post
1) "Flooded"? Its literally like 2-4 cops giving out these tickets/VIs

2) If you knew the building had cameras in the lot, why not take initiative and contact them yourself? The police isn't your mommy, they aren't going to hand feed you everything. Its why to rely on the public to also help them out. If you feel like they aren't doing enough, keep calling. Judging by your post, it looks like the video didn't show anything useful, as you don't even know which of the supposed three cars in the lot the thief used to get away despite seeing license plates #

3) Again, we need a traffic unit because too many of you drive like dickheads. I have a feeling you would be the type of person to make a complaint if a cop is on his phone while driving.
1. Every resource matters. 1 gang land shooting that could have been prevented by having those 2-4 officers on the situation is already too many.

2. Which is exactly what I did, but no it should be the police that do that. Typically people who own buildings aren't stupid and don't like to just divulge all the information about their security system to any person who just asks. Hence why I needed to get paperwork from the police to get the tape.

And yes the video showed exactly what they needed to find the person, unfortunately I can't request information for who owns a car with a particular license plate and their address. Only the police can do that. So yes the cops should have done something, but they are lazy and shitty.

3. I have a feeling your the type of person who phones the police when his neighbhor makes noise past 9pm.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #2040

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
1. Every resource matters. 1 gang land shooting that could have been prevented by having those 2-4 officers on the situation is already too many.

2. Which is exactly what I did, but no it should be the police that do that. Typically people who own buildings aren't stupid and don't like to just divulge all the information about their security system to any person who just asks. Hence why I needed to get paperwork from the police to get the tape.

And yes the video showed exactly what they needed to find the person, unfortunately I can't request information for who owns a car with a particular license plate and their address. Only the police can do that. So yes the cops should have done something, but they are lazy and shitty.

3. I have a feeling your the type of person who phones the police when his neighbhor makes noise past 9pm.
1) Gang land shootings? Sorry the VI shit is happening in Vancouver, not Surrey. VPD isn't operating in Surrey if you're too dense to realize that.

2) Sucks, bother them some more about the information.

3) Yes definitely.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:52 PM   #2041
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,994 Times in 1,694 Posts

RSX looks pretty stock.
Unless HKS exhaust is super loud. I'm not familiar with that set up.

Rear wheel gap doesn't even look like it's lowered. Maybe front is questionable, although realistically not an issue. Not even sure if it's actually tucked in the fender from that angle.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:58 PM   #2042
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Spoiler!

HKS makes one of the loudest aftermarket exhausts, comparable to Tomei. A common HKS exhaust is the 3" "Hi-Power" exhaust which would be ideal for a turbo setup.
BrokenEuro is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2019, 07:33 PM   #2043
RS Lurker, I don't post!

To the guy with the stanced e30 on E45th, you might wanna consider parking your car indoors. Was driving today and saw a vpd ford explorer stopped by your car with an officer checking it out. Good thing you weren't driving it or I'm positive you would've gotten a VI.

Last edited by spdf595orbit; 01-23-2019 at 08:30 PM.
spdf595orbit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2019, 08:14 PM   #2044
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
So looking at your take objectively, and as you seem to be playing contrarian, you're advocating for VPD allowing the systematic death of car culture in Vancouver and the outlawing of a multi billion dollar aftermarket industry? What you're saying is that every car that wants to go into Vancouver proper must be completely stock, even though there are wheels out there that meet OEM standards, yet VPD is profiling people based on what wheels are on their cars.

If that's the case, then why the fuck does a site like Revscene even exist anymore?
i'm saying there's no way to fight this as-is, we have no evidence of misconduct/poor professionalism besides anecdotal accounts. VI system has to be overhauled for there to be any meaningful change

but yeah, stock ride height, factory wheels/offset, factory exhaust, front license plate, non-tinted/smoked lights in the meantime wont kill ya

tuner shops within Vancouver will be affected, people selling off modified cars is a sign of the times

take a clue...RS is almost non-existent besides us old farts. as Spugen already put it, car meets are no longer welcome in Vancouver proper (the previous one being held in T-Mills)

Last edited by twitchyzero; 01-23-2019 at 08:23 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2019, 10:29 PM   #2045
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,948 Times in 3,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

RSX looks pretty stock.
Unless HKS exhaust is super loud. I'm not familiar with that set up.

Rear wheel gap doesn't even look like it's lowered. Maybe front is questionable, although realistically not an issue. Not even sure if it's actually tucked in the fender from that angle.
247k and an N on the back, possibly needs some mechanical maintenance done? That exhaust is also gonna be pretty loud, I can see bolts for a silencer but it doesn't look to have one installed, so that outlet diameter is definitely larger than stock too.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:10 AM   #2046
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,316 Times in 2,519 Posts
Hey RS,

I'm going through the VI thread again just because, and it occurred to me that the thought has never crossed my mind before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ll View Post
In the above video from Tr1ll, he included a clip from someone else between 1:08 to 4:38. That someone else in the clip has to be Duke, right?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:03 AM   #2047
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Hey RS,

I'm going through the VI thread again just because, and it occurred to me that the thought has never crossed my mind before:

In the above video from Tr1ll, he included a clip from someone else between 1:08 to 4:38. That someone else in the clip has to be Duke, right?
Yeah that was Duke.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Twi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2019, 10:32 AM   #2048
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,475 Times in 544 Posts
RIP
https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/01...-her-injuries/

It's the drivers that are dangerous, not the cars. If only the VPD spent more time enforcing actual traffic violations and cracking down on dangerous drivers.
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #2049
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Take this for what it's worth, but I spoke to a tow truck driver yesterday and he said he's been towing at least 3 cars a week for VI's.

Some of the examples he gave me were Ferarri 458 and 488 for noise violations.
All were bone stock, and no Ferarri dealers in Vancouver to do the inspections so they ended up going to Canadian Tire.
The owners contacted him to tow the cars in an enclosed trailer to CT.

He said he towed a bunch of bone stock M4's for also noise violations.

The worst example was a first gen IS300 on steelies and snow tires.
Car was fully loaded with passengers and a roof mounted rack. Car was given a box 2 for being lowered and then the box 2 became a box 1 because the cop opened the hood and saw that the car had headers.

It would be nice if someone could get all the data from the VPD on how many box 1 and box 2 tickets they have handed out since August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #2050
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Take this for what it's worth, but I spoke to a tow truck driver yesterday and he said he's been towing at least 3 cars a week for VI's.

Some of the examples he gave me were Ferarri 458 and 488 for noise violations.
All were bone stock, and no Ferarri dealers in Vancouver to do the inspections so they ended up going to Canadian Tire.
The owners contacted him to tow the cars in an enclosed trailer to CT.

He said he towed a bunch of bone stock M4's for also noise violations.

The worst example was a first gen IS300 on steelies and snow tires.
Car was fully loaded with passengers and a roof mounted rack. Car was given a box 2 for being lowered and then the box 2 became a box 1 because the cop opened the hood and saw that the car had headers.

It would be nice if someone could get all the data from the VPD on how many box 1 and box 2 tickets they have handed out since August.
Geez... VI's for noise violations? That's such overkill. How does a car being "noisy" make it an unsafe not-roadworthy vehicle that would mandate a VI.

There's already a ticket worth $109 and 3 points for noise violations. No need for a VI for a noise violation.

Then again, all logic is out the window with Cain & Co.
adrnlnrush00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: