REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-30-2019, 11:05 AM   #2126
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
Dispute it. From personal experience, the traffic court judge at robson square is very defendant friendly, and easy to reason with.
There is more than 1 judge at traffic court. It really depends on who you are scheduled with.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:26 AM   #2127
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
There is more than 1 judge at traffic court. It really depends on who you are scheduled with.
If you are in 201, which is the most common for traffic, then this is the judge I am referring too. Though in this case, I feel as though he has a strong enough case to fight even if the judge was a prick.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:29 PM   #2128
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
If you are in 201, which is the most common for traffic, then this is the judge I am referring too. Though in this case, I feel as though he has a strong enough case to fight even if the judge was a prick.
Again, there are more than one and they rotate court rooms based. So it also depends on how is working that day in room 201.

I would say, OP would have to ask for disclosure and see what the officer put down. In what he described, it would sound like he would have a strong case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:49 PM   #2129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
So you can't touch the radio at all unless your parked?
Anything that isn't mounted/built into the dash you can't touch.
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:35 PM   #2130
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
having bluetooth or android auto isn't an automatic ruling in your favour

you could easily be checking snapchat or something
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #2131
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Now I'm gonna sound spiteful and/or petty, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

In addition to disputing the ticket, I'd also recommend you to file a complaint on the officer. In the complaint letter, clearly indicate what you were doing, the year, brand, model, and trim of your vehicle, and specifically describe how your car already has bluetooth so it is unnecessary for you to pull out your phone.

When you are innocent, you totally want to exercise your rights and use the mechanisms available to point out the officer's wrong doing. The only thing you'll lose is a bit of time. An individual complaint won't amount to much of anything, but collectively, this is how we keep the police force in check from abusing the authority they've been bestowed with.

Good luck!
I used to think this was a good way to create change, however I doubt any complaint thats not directly related to criminal conduct will yeild any result other then a PDF on some government server. Im guessing OPCC is comprised of mostly retired police, these are really good jobs funded by the government so I would expect there framework skew heavily and these are cush safe careers with good hours. If you look at there recent reports, it shows less than 10% of all complaints even had merits for an investigation, most complaints are deemed monitor.
Expect monitor complaints to stack up until an officer does something that warrants criminal charges, at that point it may be of meaning. I also believe they at one time even bragged about only seeing misconduct in 1% of casis, however I cant confrim this right now.

I have looked into this topic heavily and have concluded that no government body has any direct power over police departmants. Any change to police policy will come directly from the cheif themselves, and those who can fire them. The mayor or premiere can probably make change happen and there is many occurances of "liberal" policing that exist, so perhaps a laissaz fare attitude towards car modifiers is possible. Think about how VPD was super cool with weed forever, and never even made any criminal charges about weed even though they could have daily. They dont care about prostition either, theres 100 jerk shops operating in Vancouver, as they know there are bigger criminal fish to fry. Then take a guess how many millions of dollars of crack, heroin, and fentanyl are sold every week in the downtown east side.. it is my opinion that traffic police should not worry about much, other then distracted, impaired or agressive driving which is still a leading cause of death in BC.

How to make change? Not sure its possible in all honesty.
coupelove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2019, 12:18 PM   #2132

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

Not sure about Android Auto, but Apple CarPlay doesn't let you use apps like Snapchat at all.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:38 PM   #2133
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

No snapchat in Android auto or Carplay lol
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:12 PM   #2134

that's my point, saying you have bluetooth/android auto etc. isn't a get out of jail card because you could still be on the phone for something that's not available built into your car
Old 01-31-2019, 10:54 PM   #2135
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
Hey I know this might not be the right thread but yesterday I was removing my wallet from my butt pocket while at a left turn light and a cop standing at a nearby gas station walked over and knocked on my window and told me to pull over.
This is an easy win in traffic court. I had the same bullshit ticket issued while I was looking through my wallet at a stop light (to ensure I had my RPAL) and I was pulled over 100m later by IRSU posted down the road saying an officer at the intersection saw me with a phone in my hand. I specifically asked where the officer was standing and recorded the answer.

First, dispute the ticket. When you get a court date with all the info mail the officer / detachment with an evidence disclosure request. Sounds like at best you'll get a shitty hand written note like I did saying to the effect of "white Dodge Ram using electronic device". No photos, no description of the phone, nothing. In other words no evidence other than his word. Keep your 'verbatim' copy of the exchange and do not lose it.

In your case he has already admitted to not seeing you on your phone and has issued you a COMPLETELY SPECULATIVE INFRACTION. After my officer tried to tell the judge he saw me using my phone (I took my wallet from my centre console, looked through it for 5 seconds, put it back) I told the judge I'm not calling the officer a liar, simply that he is mistaken. I explained what I was doing with my wallet. I then asked the officer who was standing at the intersection (both he and the issuer had to show up) if he was in fact standing at position X, which he confirmed. I then calmly proved the officer was a liar by telling the judge the officer was standing in front of me to the right as I was the third vehicle from the intersection and that it was physically impossible for him to see through the front of my vehicle/dash, let alone see in to my lap as my 3" lifted offroad edition truck brings the bottom of my passenger windows up to about 5'7" off the ground. I said the officer has zero evidence of this infraction and issued me a completely speculative ticket simply because I was looking down momentarily.

Judge tossed it without hearing another word from the officer. If yours comes back with him simply saying he saw it: I would tell the judge that you've provided a logical explanation for what the officer saw, that the officer admitted to not actually seeing an electronic device in your hand at the time, that at the distance he was it was unlikely he could tell what was in your hand anyway, and that he has no actual evidence of the infraction whatsoever.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:18 AM   #2136
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Hey.... maybe this is why VPD is handing out vi’s. So all these people who dispute every single ticket (well deserved or not) can’t do that anymore. Think of how much future tax payer money Cain and his boys has saved us. Seriously. Don’t have to pay court cost, judges, officer overtime etc.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #2137
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Hey.... maybe this is why VPD is handing out vi’s. So all these people who dispute every single ticket (well deserved or not) can’t do that anymore. Think of how much future tax payer money Cain and his boys has saved us. Seriously. Don’t have to pay court cost, judges, officer overtime etc.
How very noble of them.

I guess they must've calculated that a sports car is more expensive and damaging than the damage and costs that a distracted driver or red light runner or c-Lai running summer tires in the snow causes in terms of insurance repair costs, healthcare costs for emergency care, and damage to property when they inevitably crash.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:08 AM   #2138
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
HEY CAIN,

i DARE YOU TO FUCKING VI EVERY CAR ON SUNDAY NIGHT DRIVING WITH SUMMERS IN THE SNOW.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #2139
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

What is snow? I don't believe the weather forecasts here in b.c because they are always wrong. Prob just gonna be -7 at night with clear skies, calling it.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #2140
Rs has made me the man i am today!

How bout my neighbor driving around with expired insurance since he has no money to renew insurance and pay for his rent.

Where's Cain to get this scum off the street?
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2019, 02:36 PM   #2141
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
How bout my neighbor driving around with expired insurance since he has no money to renew insurance and pay for his rent.

If he parks it on the street, call bylaws

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:37 PM   #2142
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post

Is his car lowered though?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #2143

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Was driving behind a VPD cruiser that had absolutely no rear lights on in the rain last night. Thank god I wasn't in front of them .

Last edited by RevYouUp; 02-01-2019 at 05:38 PM.
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2019, 07:34 PM   #2144

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
Was driving behind a VPD cruiser that had absolutely no rear lights on in the rain last night. Thank god I wasn't in front of them .
I see that quite a bit with RCMP in my area. I usually just let them know with a single flash or get next to them. Most of them understand from the first flash right way. Ballsy to flash them with your high beams but if it works, it works.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #2145
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
I saw the same thing last night driving down SW Marine around 2 am, black undercover Dodge Charger
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:04 AM   #2146

Its because these new cars have bright gauges that are constantly lit combined with DRLs.
So stupid. With old crown vics, the gauges would be off if the headlights were off,the way it should be.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2019, 10:14 AM   #2147

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Its because these new cars have bright gauges that are constantly lit combined with DRLs.
So stupid. With old crown vics, the gauges would be off if the headlights were off,the way it should be.
I just find it super ironic when they issue VIs for yellow DRLs when they don't even know how to turn on their lights.
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #2148
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3 View Post
I see that quite a bit with RCMP in my area. I usually just let them know with a single flash or get next to them. Most of them understand from the first flash right way. Ballsy to flash them with your high beams but if it works, it works.
Did you just call yourself ballsy?
mikasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #2149

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
(I took my wallet from my centre console, looked through it for 5 seconds, put it back) I told the judge I'm not calling the officer a liar, simply that he is mistaken. I explained what I was doing with my wallet.
maybe not an electronic device but i'm sure they can ding you for distracted driving for flipping through a wallet when you're in traffic (as they can ticket you for eating/having pets on your lap)
Old 02-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #2150
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Are cops having so much trouble finding things to ticket people for that flipping through a wallet at a red light is considered valid? Fuck me I can find a dozen people on my 20 minute drive home from work that are talking on their phone or forgot how to use their turn signals.

Keep justifying bullshit tickets though, cops can do no wrong.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: