REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-28-2019, 09:03 AM   #2376
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
Oh look.

This all died down, just as I predicted.
What died down? Reports of VI's? Is this a cause of people avoiding Vancouver completely now or have they slowed down?

Berz out.
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2019, 09:34 AM   #2377
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Oh look.

This happened 5 days ago...is that your definition of died down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastShot View Post
I got issued a box 2 yesterday for a loud exhaust, no DRL and side reflectors. I was in my 99 JDM Forester S/tb with an Invidia turboback on Cordova and Main haha... not the best place to be. Yes it was cain
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:54 AM   #2378
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
What died down? Reports of VI's? Is this a cause of people avoiding Vancouver completely now or have they slowed down?

Berz out.
This OBVIOUSLY
Old 02-28-2019, 09:57 AM   #2379
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Oh look.

Or maybe we got tired of the constant complaining from everyone here. Whether it be from people like you, or constant petty arguments between RS Veterans.

For the record, I appreciate everyone's input. I just don't appreciate the seemingly endless petty arguments.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2019, 10:29 AM   #2380
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
This happened 5 days ago...is that your definition of died down?
A single car, admitted by the owner, violates the MVA. Gets a VI.

In other news, NASA confirms water is wet.

This thread is about unjust VIs. This is not the case.

Don't bundle together all VIs into a claim of abuse of power, it just makes our claim weaker.

This thread was started because ppl were getting BS VI like the FRS. This case not even close to the point of why this thread started. The owner admitted the car had no sidemarkers.

I encourage you to go back to read why this thread was started and read the quote you quoted. There is nothing to complain about here.

Last edited by trollface; 02-28-2019 at 10:43 AM.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2019, 11:48 AM   #2381
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
Few days ago on the group chat a lady got vi for aftermarket STI seats in her Subaru. Plus apparently front and rear tires should wear the same, if they don't it's because of too much camber. So they are now the tire wear police too.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2019, 12:21 PM   #2382
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
My definition of dying down is obviously different from yours...besides the point that all you did was make a blanket statement which has no basis whatsoever. If that example is getting VI'd you can guarantee being compliant with MVA won't make a difference at all. Unless you actually believe something has actually changed.

For the record, if a vehicle violates the MVA and gets a VI then I agree fair game.
Quote:
A single car, admitted by the owner, violates the MVA. Gets a VI.

Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:03 PM   #2383

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Plus apparently front and rear tires should wear the same, if they don't it's because of too much camber. So they are now the tire wear police too.
LOL

Cain should check his pickup too.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:18 PM   #2384
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
My definition of dying down is obviously different from yours...besides the point that all you did was make a blanket statement which has no basis whatsoever. If that example is getting VI'd you can guarantee being compliant with MVA won't make a difference at all. Unless you actually believe something has actually changed.

For the record, if a vehicle violates the MVA and gets a VI then I agree fair game.

If we look at just this thread, there is a vastly lower number of "wrongful VI complaints" (backed with proof), which is the entire point of this thread from page one.

In the last 4 weeks, 2 ppl posted they got VI, and both admitted they knew they were in clear violation of the MVA. They knew it. What they did, and the result was has nothing to do with why this thread was started.

This thread is about wrongful and improper VI and how we can stop it.

Take a look at this thread and tell me how many ppl have said they got a wrongful VI in the past month? Give you a clue, none. This thread started so we can put a stop to wrongful and improperly conducted VI, not stopping all VI even if your car is 1cm off the ground with no cats.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2019, 01:46 PM   #2385
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:

This thread is about wrongful and improper VI and how we can stop it.\]
PSA: VPD Handing Out VIs Like Candy That's the title of the thread.
Cars that have been on the streets for years without getting a single VI are now getting VI's. That's the problem.

It would be like how cops don't care if you a few KM over the speed limit but tomorrow they start handing tickets to everyone going 2 KM over the speed limit.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:47 PM   #2386
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Few days ago on the group chat a lady got vi for aftermarket STI seats in her Subaru. Plus apparently front and rear tires should wear the same, if they don't it's because of too much camber. So they are now the tire wear police too.
they were stock STi seats in an STi lol

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2019, 07:04 PM   #2387
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I try to avoid Vancouver in general now. Regardless of what vehicle I'm in. Pros for me is that I don't have any reason to go into Vancouver anyways.
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2019, 07:55 PM   #2388
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
^^ though at the thanksgiving run, the police that met us at the gondola were not giving me and some friends a good vibe. Can’t say exactly why, but call it a reliable gut feeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Agreed on both accounts. The Squamish RCMP looked like they were not very happy with us on that thanksgiving run. Realistically it was a very well behaved event. That said, the north van/West van events RCMP have been present as police, and as guests along with VPD and have always been great.
Lets just say there is a good reason I spent the entire time at the Gondola in conversation with one particular officer, vs hosting the group and spending time with all of you. It was an engaging discussion on tire laws, officer discretion, and an interest (or lack of) to meet in the middle on our differing platforms. In the end, everyone got to drive home, the highway was safe, and I merely sacrificed a fun morning of car peeps. Ultimately, it worked out okay...and my experience with the North Van cops at the start more than made up for it. Those North Van officers made me an advocate of the RCMP for sure. And yes, I had a discussion about tire rubber with them too.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2019, 08:20 PM   #2389
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
apparently front and rear tires should wear the same, if they don't it's because of too much camber. So they are now the tire wear police too.
i thought people wanted police to crack down on people with bald tires, esp in the winter

all or none...pick one
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:44 PM   #2390
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
So uneven tire wear means better issue a vi for stock STI seats to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i thought people wanted police to crack down on people with bald tires, esp in the winter

all or none...pick one
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:01 PM   #2391
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
ffs where in my post did i contest about stock seats being an issue?

post pics of uneven tire...isn't STI f/t symmetrical awd?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:07 AM   #2392
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
saw a black EvoX pulled over on main and kingsway this morning by an unmarked Explorer. looked stock at a glance driving by

praying for you, friend
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:11 AM   #2393

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Defs not over. Mostly stock aristo just got dinged. No one inch and muffler too loud (sounds stock tho)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2019, 07:59 AM   #2394

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
Lets just say there is a good reason I spent the entire time at the Gondola in conversation with one particular officer, vs hosting the group and spending time with all of you. It was an engaging discussion on tire laws, officer discretion, and an interest (or lack of) to meet in the middle on our differing platforms. In the end, everyone got to drive home, the highway was safe, and I merely sacrificed a fun morning of car peeps. Ultimately, it worked out okay...and my experience with the North Van cops at the start more than made up for it. Those North Van officers made me an advocate of the RCMP for sure. And yes, I had a discussion about tire rubber with them too.
lets not forget the north shore officers i think just the week before had to deal with those s2s supercar rental groups with excessive speeding and a wreck as well. i dont blame them for being cautious, but it only really takes one glance at the eclectic group of cars to know we aren't really a high risk group... especially since bruce is there barely maintaining the speed limit at WOT
Old 03-01-2019, 12:54 PM   #2395
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
Quick update regarding my service and policy complaint. I finally got my complaint letter grinded out -- who needs sleep anyway? -- and submitted it to the OPCC on Feb 28. The letter itself is largely the same as the version that I have posted here before, but it has been reformatted to suit the purposes of a service and policy complain. Additionally, I hammered out a section that specifically points to the inherent unfairness of the VI mechanism and how there is no recourse for a wrongfully accused vehicle owner. From my pervious conversations with Sgt. Lee of the VPD PSS, I feel like there is a strong case for complaint about this -- you cannot have a system that will still penalize someone if they are innocent.

As it is a service and policy complaint, the Vancouver Police Board must be (and has been) notified. This includes getting the board chair, Mayor Kennedy Stewart, involved. By the Police Act, the board

Quote:
must promptly do one or more of the following:

(a) Request that the chief constable of that municipal police department investigate and report on the complaint;
(b) Initiate a study concerning the complaint;
(c) Initiate an investigation into the complaint;
(d) Dismiss the complaint with reasons; and/or
(e) Take any other course of action the board considers necessary to respond adequately to the complaint.
Then within 20 business days, the police board must get back to me, the Director of Police Services, and the Police Complaint Commissioner regarding the course of action being taken. If I am not satisfied with the board’s actions, explanations, or results from the investigation or the summary of those results, I have another 20 business days to request the Police Complaint Commissioner to review the matter.

I don't know what to expect out of this, other than the near certainty that it will be a huge time sink. I will keep everyone posted if anything new comes up.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:38 PM   #2396
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
What to expect? They will try and brush it off as whatever, and hope that you don't make a request to the Police Complaint Commissioner within 20 days. At which point they will find some wording in some official document which invalidates your complaint.

Sorry, i'm being pessimistic. I, and most everyone on this site, appreciates the effort you are going through. I truly hope it makes a difference.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:44 PM   #2397

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Question for Classic Car Dave. Have you heard of any classics being targeted?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2019, 03:06 PM   #2398
I don't get it

Just got hit today after 5 years of no changes on my car.
Can they specify on the ticket which DIF you go to? The CVSE form says it's listed online.
The ticket says Mitsubishi but the officer said he knows mitsubishi doesn't do inspects so he also wrote nissan?? I'd much rather go off the CVSE DIF list and not the stealership.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2019, 03:29 PM   #2399
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
Just got hit today after 5 years of no changes on my car.
Can they specify on the ticket which DIF you go to? The CVSE form says it's listed online.
The ticket says Mitsubishi but the officer said he knows mitsubishi doesn't do inspects so he also wrote nissan?? I'd much rather go off the CVSE DIF list and not the stealership.
Yup it's legal for them to specify which inspection facility you must take the car to. What did you get the VI for? Pics ?
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:46 PM   #2400
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
I wonder if the DDE Murci will escape BC without a VI. It was in Vancouver briefly yesterday and is now on the island.

Screengrab from IG stories today around 430pm in Nanaimo.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818

Last edited by TouringTeg; 03-02-2019 at 05:12 PM.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote