REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-30-2018, 07:35 AM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
The only way to fight this is if people go to the media from a harassment angle or collectively lawyer up.

IMHO it’s a super poor move public relations wise by VPD, traffic enforcement is always a touchy issue because it ends up being the only type of police a normal person ever deals directly with in their life, so how they behave essentially gives the public their impression of being able to trust their police force... these kind of acts damage that reputation severely.
Yeah I was saying to my friends that real only way to combat this is if you had fuck you money, collected evidence for harassment (even tho rn it's only hearsay), sued the city and VPD for discrimination or smt, and paid the media to publish all of this.

It's a terrible PR move. And generally, the VPD has been pretty good on PR.

On the flip side, like I was saying, the car community has a terrible PR. Growing up, I remember wanting to work for an organization like Revscene or smt because while it was car focused, they were still trying to give back to the community. I'd love to be able to do something about our PR, the question is, what and how.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisement
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
i think im going to get a lawyer and sue them
I guess you have fuck you money eh LOL. Please do.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:10 AM   #28
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,106 Posts
Not really, but I got some buddies who just passed their bar exams and are itching to do some honest "lawyering". Hahahah
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2018, 08:42 AM   #29
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
This shitbirds car does look broken. Is this seriously just because of some punkass with no respect?

Old 09-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Is that the fucktard that caused all this?
I’ve seen that dildomobile pulled over in North van after driving full cockbag down fell ave like almost 2 years ago. So he’s managed to continue to be that much of a cunt even 2 years later?
Crush his fucking car.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2018, 10:09 AM   #31
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
It's gotten to the point where the cops are now doing this on a personal vendetta. People with nearly stock (or stock with factory performance modifications) are getting pulled over and handed VIs. Many of these VIs are passed without needing to make any changes to their vehicle. Also, a lot of these people pulled over have noted that the officer said things like "I'm sure you know who I am" or "you can blame the red nissan with white wheels." We should be able to build a case if enough people can get proof of what the cops said on this matter. From the tone and they way they are dealing with this, it has definitely gotten personal and shouldn't be legal.

I'm my opinion, yes, the kid was an idiot for harrassing the cop and posting his shit on social media. But as a trained member of the law, why are you dropping down to the kid's level and playing his game? This is really poor professionalism on the cop's part and makes the VPD look bad as a whole. At this point, I think it's too much to expect Duke to step up and apologize for anything, from the screenshots and conversations people have been having with him, he's got too big of an ego to admit that he did anything wrong. On the contrary, I do hope that a news outlet (or a lawyer, I guess?) can expose this corrupt cop for the public to see as well. There were fault on both ends, and both of they aren't mature enough to try and solve the problem. As a result, everybody else is paying the consequences. It worries me the most knowing that we have people like this working for the VPD...

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:10 AM   #32
I STILL don't get it

Go on VPD website and write them a email and comment about our concern. Let them know most of us are not street racer or gangster.
BABU is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #33
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
. Also, a lot of these people pulled over have noted that the officer said things like "I'm sure you know who I am" or "you can blame the red nissan with white wheels." We should be able to build a case if enough people can get proof of what the cops said on this matter. From the tone and they way they are dealing with this, it has definitely gotten personal and shouldn't be legal.
Well I’m sure a lot of these ppl that are pulled over have dash cams, so at least there’s audio recordings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:48 AM   #34
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,902 Times in 749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
Sounds like typical 240 driver behaviour to me.
Out of the loop now but back then (~8-10 years ago) everyone on the local 240 forum, myself included, expected to get hassled by the cops over our cars and getting VI'd was expected. Box 2's were just a cost of doing business. Try getting box 1'd on your birthday lulz

Old 09-30-2018, 10:51 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU View Post
Go on VPD website and write them a email and comment about our concern. Let them know most of us are not street racer or gangster.
This reminds me of the Market Crossing London Drugs review. That's not going to do anything, because they're going to see it as spam.

The best bet is to contact news agencies and tell them about the good deeds that the car community has done like I've mentioned in my original post.

Another idea would be to do charity events and build a good community PR. I have the resources (aside from funding) and contacts for good PR, but I can't personally be the only one to do it. It's a conflict of interest if I do it out of my personal interest.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2018, 10:53 AM   #36
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
It's gotten to the point where the cops are now doing this on a personal vendetta. People with nearly stock (or stock with factory performance modifications) are getting pulled over and handed VIs. Many of these VIs are passed without needing to make any changes to their vehicle. Also, a lot of these people pulled over have noted that the officer said things like "I'm sure you know who I am" or "you can blame the red nissan with white wheels." We should be able to build a case if enough people can get proof of what the cops said on this matter. From the tone and they way they are dealing with this, it has definitely gotten personal and shouldn't be legal.

I'm my opinion, yes, the kid was an idiot for harrassing the cop and posting his shit on social media. But as a trained member of the law, why are you dropping down to the kid's level and playing his game? This is really poor professionalism on the cop's part and makes the VPD look bad as a whole. At this point, I think it's too much to expect Duke to step up and apologize for anything, from the screenshots and conversations people have been having with him, he's got too big of an ego to admit that he did anything wrong. On the contrary, I do hope that a news outlet (or a lawyer, I guess?) can expose this corrupt cop for the public to see as well. There were fault on both ends, and both of they aren't mature enough to try and solve the problem. As a result, everybody else is paying the consequences. It worries me the most knowing that we have people like this working for the VPD...
Yup I think if people band together that got harassed for nothing should bring all this to the media and lawyer up and only then can this thing stop. Not cool what the police is doing.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-30-2018, 10:59 AM   #37
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
This reminds me of the Market Crossing London Drugs review. That's not going to do anything, because they're going to see it as spam.

The best bet is to contact news agencies and tell them about the good deeds that the car community has done like I've mentioned in my original post.

Another idea would be to do charity events and build a good community PR. I have the resources (aside from funding) and contacts for good PR, but I can't personally be the only one to do it. It's a conflict of interest if I do it out of my personal interest.

The main issue is, events like RS meets and more corporate events like Driven, and the modified car section at the Vancouver Auto Show were the positive PR events for years. It took the selfish actions of one person to completely undo that positive PR that was built up.

At least in Vancouver, there's little way out of this. RCMP has bigger fish to fry than us.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Is that the fucktard that caused all this?
I’ve seen that dildomobile pulled over in North van after driving full cockbag down fell ave like almost 2 years ago. So he’s managed to continue to be that much of a cunt even 2 years later?
Crush his fucking car.
Yes that's allegedly the fucktard. See OP for handle.

Except if we crush his car, that sets precedence to crush all our cars.

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 09-30-2018 at 11:47 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2018, 11:20 AM   #39
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Uhh. Wasn't all this crap started because someone decided to link someone's IG account to the public???

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #40
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Those who got VI'd on otherwise stock cars should contact CTV's Steele on your side/Global.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
Uhh. Wasn't all this crap started because someone decided to link someone's IG account to the public???
The irony right? Except that police officer's account wasn't already known to the public. Duke on the other hand? LOL just search his name up on all the Facebook groups.

I also didn't say he did it. I said according to multiple conversations on Facebook, he allegedly did it.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:12 PM   #42
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,600 Times in 542 Posts
It's very concerning to hear that the VPD could be so unprofessional. What do they hope to achieve by annoying every person with a semi-modified or loud stock vehicle? The officers in question seem to be acting as childish as the original VI'd driver.

Are they profiling drivers? I don't know if they are also pulling over seniors in their modified muscle cars?
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2018, 12:13 PM   #43
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

lol

Last edited by forcedot; 05-29-2019 at 09:16 PM.
forcedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:20 PM   #44
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
RCMP is presently rather short-staffed, they could care less about your phaggot exhausts/wheel fitments

sorry to see people with factory options getting caught in the cross fire of this witch hunt though
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2018, 12:24 PM   #45
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Every so often a few people get VIs and everybody panics for a bit, then forgets about it for a while, then repeat. Typically the ones complaining the loudest about getting a VI aren't even close to legal and have to do a load of work to get it to pass. I'm guessing the genius doxxing a police officer is one of those guys.

Out of all the people I've seen get a VI, next to none actually pass without changing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
So can you people who got unlawful VI’s please go to global BC news or something?
What's unlawful about a VI? The only way you might have a case is if the same officer is repeatedly giving the same guy VIs on a car that hasn't changed. Unless people would prefer to have mandatory annual inspections I don't think complaining about getting a VI every few years is the best idea.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #46
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
It's very concerning to hear that the VPD could be so unprofessional. What do they hope to achieve by annoying every person with a semi-modified or loud stock vehicle? The officers in question seem to be acting as childish as the original VI'd driver.

Are they profiling drivers? I don't know if they are also pulling over seniors in their modified muscle cars?
I would say it's probably to get people pissed off at whoever f'd with buddies ig account.

I really don't know much about any of the facts tho so don't take it as stone.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #47
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

From what I have seen, some of these cars should actually be VI'd. Excessive negative camber isn't even remotely safe.

I know some drifters have some negative camber angles, but if you are getting in trouble because of it, you are likely not a drifter.

I mean, I get it, it's your car, mod it however you want, but please consider the others around you as well.

And like I always say, maintenance before mods. I love it when I see a riced out car with like tons of blue smoke out of the tailpipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post
I have found that a lot of cops are car enthusiasts. It sounds like maybe one particular officer has found a way to rack up a lot of money through VI tickets if it's all the same officer, or perhaps he is tasked to specifically target those.
This reminds me, there was this one time I was driving around in Vic, and the cops were stopping everyone just to check if they are drunk. The cop who talked to me was actually pretty cool, and even asked me some things about my RX-8. He said he likes it and asked me if it's not that fast stock, which I agreed, and he let me go pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
I got one for my mas. Everything is fucking stock but these clowns said my exhaust was too loud... What the fuck ?! Go talk to Mario in Modena Italy about the exhaust, I didn't do jack shit

Asshole stopped me in kerrisdale when I was buying dog food... Fuck you !!
This is a slight concern of mine as well.

The only mod I have is a BHR mid-pipe, which sounds about as loud as the stock mid-pipe, just slightly deeper is all.

Rotaries are pretty loud stock. Mine is fairly tamed at lower RPM range, though, but it's still louder than your average Corolla.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:18 PM   #48
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post

Out of all the people I've seen get a VI, next to none actually pass without changing anything..
This isn’t a normal situation now. People with stock cars are getting VIs simply for having enthusiasts cars.

I’ve seen skunkworks car in person. It’s beautiful, it’s well kept. It’s the only thing that separates it from some old grandpa e30 to an untrained eye. That and a young Asian guy driving it.
They are profiling people and cars now, and that’s something people should be very worried about.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #49
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Nothing new here. If you have an obnoxiously loud exhaust, you will get pulled over. I got pulled over numerous times in my younger days when i was putting exhausts on everything from a 1988 celica gt with 115hp to supras and getting VI for my slammed accord .

E92 335i / VRSF 5" FMIC - Charge Pipe - DCI - Downpipes / TurboSmart Plumb Back DV / XHP Stage 3 / E50 Custom Tune by Wedge / APEX ARC8 / Michelin PS4S / 11.46 @ 120 / Instagram.com/silent11n54

Last edited by dorian; 04-23-2020 at 12:34 PM.
dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #50
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

#stocklife is what’s up.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: