REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-01-2018, 08:09 PM   #126
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
do officers have access to VI history?

if so me thinks they'll be extra pissed finding out you're gaming the system and think of other ways to make the second offense much heavier
I am unclear if they document VI history if so i think i may hold back on trying to game the system, which may probaly worsen the offenses and make it worse as it already is for the car modding community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Thank you for at least doing the headlight retrofit the right way. You can look around on the various VI threads here, but to answer your question. You can actually install ultra bright halogens. I would also check your headlight lens to see if they are glazed over. If so, I would either refinish it or replace it. It makes a world of a difference when it is severely glazed over.

You'll likely have to return the truck to full stock. This includes, but not limited to: stock rims, removal of leveling kit, and removal of projectors.
Hey Bic Baws! Been a huge fan of retrofitting since being introduced to it knowing you get great output without blinding oncoming traffic, Lucky my Stock halogen headlights were only used for 1 month before i got projectors, they look prestine, if i have to return my truck to stock i think the world would have to just end, Jokes aside.

The modding plans for my truck was to keep it clean and simple as it can get for functionality for camping and going up to ski resort's pretty much looks like any truck that are on dealer lots with Aftermarket accessories and modications, the town i live i think the whole town would get VI'd with all these truck that are lifted as high as a condo and straighted piped.
Advertisement
Nardogr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:21 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
As someone who is prone to photophobia, driving for me nowadays can suck. A stock oncoming new RDX can fuck me up.

Luckily, I don't do much rush hour commuting anymore.
We have a 2017 civic hatch touring with the factory LED headlights at first i was confused to why people were flashing their high beams at me until i realized from factory these lights glare the crap out of everyone.
Nardogr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2018, 08:41 PM   #128

@OP

Once you have a compilation of first-hand stories, how are you planning on bringing them to the media? Which media platform(s)? Just curious how well resourced we (the well-behaved, civil car enthusiasts) are, in terms of content and connections.

I messaged a friend who works at CTV news, told him about the VI situation and he said he will speak with a senior reporter and get back to me.

I also work at a law firm specializing in ICBC personal injury claims, so I'll be getting information/advice from lawyers/paralegals. Will share if something helpful comes up!
ElleElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:27 PM   #129
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcoreposer View Post
I guess posting in the police forum won't help explain anything? Getting a little worry some. Definitely been going into Neutral towards a stop/lights and shifting at 3k now. Might be time to put in my silencer too.
Nothing wrong with what you are doing.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #130
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
While many of us RSers aren't a fan of the Daily Hive, they do have the most reach (impressions), and thus further reach with the public. I have connections with the Daily Hive, but the parties involved are more than interested in working with other media platforms.

As other members, like KT, have mentioned. It is important that we are careful in this process, especially with something that reaches public opinion. Many of those who were VI'd in the original post, are highly modified and well beyond legality within the MVA. However, there are others that have been VI'd for stock or close to visually close to stock (OEM+) that arguably should not have been given VIs under normal circumstances.

Personally speaking, I would say the best case scenario showcases the discrimination/profiling when giving VIs given the current circumstances, while highlighting cases of positive societal contributions within the automotive enthusiast community.

A very good example is the annual RS meets. It would be a shame if this situation put a stop to the annual meets. The annual RS meets, while enthusiast focused, provide an opportunity for teens and families to get to know the community. In addition, iirc, in the numerous years that RS has held events, a food-bank contribution has always been promoted.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #131
I subscribe to Revscene

After talking to a lawyer about being arbitrarily pulled over... he basically said if you lose (knowing how the system is stacked) you'll be responsible for their lawyer fees, which I imagine can bankrupt most people.

He also said that another option is to go the human rights route for the interest of the public at large.

Lastly there isnt such a thing as a free press in this country... lol at thinking "Steel on your side" is some benevolent entity.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 07:06 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecookerboi View Post
just got vi'd on 49th langara, they stopped a si with a diffuser.... I experienced it first hand.
Please post up your experience. Refer to the end of post one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
People pointed me to your Instagram live video. Sorry that happened to you
Ask him to post it up please.

I recently got shared a picture of someone getting VI'd for a stock Honda. Picture reads, "Owner is a 45 year old Asian guy with a stock Honda". If anyone knows the owner of this stock car, please ask them to post it here, or with their permission, post it for them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 07:09 AM   #133
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,698 Times in 3,128 Posts
my lawyer friend didnt say ill lose, but he said the damages sustained would likely only yield a small claims court (less than 5k) arbitration and even then, it wouldn't be worth my time to pursue due to the time and effort required to file for arbitration.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 07:41 AM   #134
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Please post up your experience. Refer to the end of post one.

Ask him to post it up please.

I recently got shared a picture of someone getting VI'd for a stock Honda. Picture reads, "Owner is a 45 year old Asian guy with a stock Honda". If anyone knows the owner of this stock car, please ask them to post it here, or with their permission, post it for them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
lol that pic is over exaggerate by a lot, the car was my old 2 door Accord coupe. He's 31 not 45, the car is modified and is lowered and has about 1 straight finger gap across front and rear.

This is why shit goes all over.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #135
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Has the red 240sx owner said anything since? Put out an apology?
ppck is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #136
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppck View Post
He's totally unapologetic, I'm not even sure if he actually did anything like others are saying he did. I'm not current on my Valley Car Club FB drama, so I didn't see any of this BS.

His Insta has some gey post about "don't believe what you read on the internet". Like he's some sort of 12 year old basic bitch teenager drinking starbucks and hanging out at the mall after school.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:42 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppck View Post
In first post, see below. There are screenshots of him provoking others to do it, but lets say he didn't actually do it - for argument's sake. Innocent until proven guilty right? If you were being accused wouldn't you do anything and everything you can to prove that you didn't actually do it? This might be snitching against someone else, but if you could get the person who actually did it make a public apology and a personal apology to the officers involved, wouldn't this be the best case scenario?

This hypothetical situation hasn't happened.

Quote:
The alleged offender has spoken publicly about this and denied all accusations. Despite there being multiple screenshots across the internet confirming that this took place.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:15 AM   #138
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
my lawyer friend didnt say ill lose, but he said the damages sustained would likely only yield a small claims court (less than 5k) arbitration and even then, it wouldn't be worth my time to pursue due to the time and effort required to file for arbitration.
Unfortunatley, my jaded belief is -- this is exactly what the police is banking on -- that for the typical person, spending the time and effort to file for small claims ends up becoming a bigger cost than it is to fight it. At that point, someone would only pursue it because it is a matter of vindication.

And then you have to ask -- where is the justice in this?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 10:33 AM   #139
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
The same person who takes this to court and gets discretionary "fines" like this abolished should also be the same superhero that takes the province to court over why there's a 12% tax on the private sale of used cars... I would vote to erect a statue in his/her honour.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #140
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Unfortunatley, my jaded belief is -- this is exactly what the police is banking on -- that for the typical person, spending the time and effort to file for small claims ends up becoming a bigger cost than it is to fight it. At that point, someone would only pursue it because it is a matter of vindication.

And then you have to ask -- where is the justice in this?
Was going to post something like this.
Didnt someone mention that officer know that box 2 can't be disputed? So if they wanted to be power tripping they could.

Honestly, I am willing to bet there are more motor vehicle accidents, involving stock cars then modified ones on a daily basis. More ppl speeding and drinking and driving with stock vehicles than modified ones. Car enthusiasts for the most part are responsible and contribute to society. So to take that away from us is pretty sad. I mean once they scan our lic plate they kinda have a clue what kind of person we are.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #141

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
can we VI a cop car

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 12:22 PM   #142
Performance Moderator

^ A lot of them wouldn't pass... for reals... oh the irony
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #143
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^ A lot of them wouldn't pass... for reals... oh the irony
Just out of curiosity, what parts of it do you think wouldn't pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #144
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

We all could just buy ex cop cars to troll them back.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #145
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Just out of curiosity, what parts of it do you think wouldn't pass?
I used to work on them, markeds get rolled over so fast, they do their 160,000kms retirement mileage in as little as 2-3 years most times... on ops side lots of undesirable cars sit for ages because nobody likes them... so for patrol you get massive wear and tear in a short time with a limited budget for repairs so a lot of stuff is not done up to spec... for unmarked you get cars that sit for a year and then go into forced use and all the problems from a car sitting ie: batteries, rubbers gone hard, brakes rusted solid, etc.

I'm speaking purely for RCMP though, municipalities shoestring their RCMP budgets as much as they possibly can so money is always tight. I'm sure VPD is in a little bit better position financially.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:02 PM   #146
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
In first post, see below. There are screenshots of him provoking others to do it, but lets say he didn't actually do it - for argument's sake. Innocent until proven guilty right? If you were being accused wouldn't you do anything and everything you can to prove that you didn't actually do it? This might be snitching against someone else, but if you could get the person who actually did it make a public apology and a personal apology to the officers involved, wouldn't this be the best case scenario?

This hypothetical situation hasn't happened.
Do you have screenshots or anyone have screen shots of what he did? I am a member of that Valley Auto Sales group and remember seeing a post talking about his VI and briefly reading through the comments and I think he shared the officer's info on that group but it's obviously now deleted
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #147
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I like how RS is pulling together stories, taking initiatives and contacting their connections to bring light it this issue or assist in any way. Thank you all
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #148
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
I recently got shared a picture of someone getting VI'd for a stock Honda. Picture reads, "Owner is a 45 year old Asian guy with a stock Honda".
sounds like i'm now at risk

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:53 PM   #149
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
VI = Ticketed for being a fucboi.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
VI = Ticketed for being a fucboi.
In duke's case fuck yeah. In Skunkworks case, hell no. Plus tickets you can fight. You don't have an option with a VI.

Also, I heard that you have 30 days to return the vehicle to a passable state, otherwise you'll have to pay a $600 fine. In some cases, parts take over 30 days to get.