REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #176
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
So the taxi association lost in court. Should be a clear sign to Surrey mayor to stop ticketing Uber/Lyft drivers. Its a waste of Surrey resources and a waste of tax payers money when the drivers fight the ticket in court.
Aaaaand Surrey lost today, as expected. Rip those fines up and chuck them in the garbage.
That mayor needs to resign and check himself in to an old folks home.
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:37 AM   #177
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Took uber yesterday. Good experience waited for 5mins ride cost $20 almost the same a taxi but the car is a lot cleaner, driver sis more talkative and friendier. Overall good experience.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:54 AM   #178
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
so the UBER back from YVR to surrey..... went a bit...odd.

waiting at YVR uber zone for 10mins

from YVR, the app directed driver into vancouver along marine towards knight instead of hwy 99.

dude didn't load my luggage lol...

i guess the rain hampered his vision but he ran a 4 way stop and almost collided with a pickup truck. I saw it all happening and told him 'whoa whoa..slooow sloww....wait...' and he caught it a second before impact.
You must be an overentitled woman

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:04 AM   #179
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,233 Posts
Tried Uber for the first time in Vancouver on Saturday just before my $5 discount expires. Downtown --> Downtown. Guy who picked us up was from Surrey but I had to give him directions because the app was giving him some wonky route (due to construction). Other than that it was fine I guess. Pretty expensive for short hops around town but I'd consider it for Airport runs.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:08 AM   #180
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
not loading luggage is just poor service
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #181
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Tried on Saturday at 10pm, I was downtown at Bayshore trying to get back to Shaughnessy. Tried simultaneously using Uber and Lyft, after 10 mins finally connected to someone on Lyft who was in East Van by PNE with a 25min arrival. 5 mins in the app automatically found me a driver who was downtown.

$15 a little cheaper than taxi but that isn't the point for me. Aside from taking a while to find a driver which is to be expected right now it was smooth.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:47 PM   #182
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
not loading luggage is just poor service
I don't have an expectation for an uber/lyft driver to load my luggage anymore. I would say 70% of the time they don't. If you want someone to load your luggage taxi drivers do about 95% of the time for me.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:51 PM   #183
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
If you can carry your bags to the point of being picked up you can lift them in to the car. It's not like they're helping you move a couch. The lazy entitled garbage people complain about these days Harden the fuck up.
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-12-2020, 10:31 AM   #184
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,729 Posts
^I agree.

I don't even let the taxi driver take out my luggage.

I'm a strong guy. How can I let Sukdeep, all of 60-something years old, get out of the car to pull out my damn suitcase?

Your job is to drive me to a location, not carry my shit.

People are weak.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #185

I just came back last month from Japan for the first time and one thing I found interesting was quite a few times when we were hailing a cab they would not get out to help with my luggage. Would unlock the trunk and let me figure it out and even had a cold attitude towards us but when we would arrive at our destination its like a switch flipped and suddenly their demeanor changed and they also would get out almost instantly to help unload after we paid.

I don't really care if you help or not but I did find it interesting that it was a fairly consistent experience in that regard.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:11 PM   #186

i'm sorry North American service standards are low; do the bare minimum and still expect tips

what does having an able body have anything to do with service? do you run to the kitchen at the restaurant and serve yourself just because your hands and legs are functional?

in Japan the taxi door pops open inviting you in

in Taiwan minimum wagers greet you both in and out of a 7/11, the guides comes RUSHING to take your luggage...most dont expect tips and some even refuse tips

you dont have to go out of your way to suck my dick but holy shit if you're in the service industry at least make SOME effort...come out to greet and at least OFFER to help
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-13-2020, 06:49 AM   #187

One thing I already miss from my recent trip is no tipping. I'm not a cheap guy, I'll tip but the NA mentality of tipping is crazy. Slowly over the years it seems almost everyone in the service industry expects tips. Food, massage therapists, taxi's, haircuts, even the dog groomers do now. What next am I going to see the tip option come up on the machine when getting an oil change like holy fuck.

As twitchzero pointed out ok whatever that aside, I'm not expecting you to worship me like a god but make some fucking effort and don't be fucking entitled and pissy if you get no or shitty tip.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2020, 09:35 AM   #188
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Good service habit or not, I find it weird having someone else load my luggage for me while I am able-bodied .
I always tell them its okay and load it myself.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:10 AM   #189
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
Well, unfortunately nothing but bad experiences for me so far lol. Tried to take an Uber/Lyft on Friday night around 6pm just wanted to get across downtown

First Uber was 18 minutes away and then cancelled about 7 minutes in. Second one it connected me to was 25 minutes away so said fuck it, waived down a cab in a few minutes

We went and ate at campagnola on main then tried to get a Lyft, booked it right at the restaurants address and then within about 10 minutes it says the driver is here

I walk outside don’t see the vehicle, buddy phoned me and is like “Do you see my blinking lights?!?!” I’m like uhhh...? I said we’re at the address I put in..we’re also heading north on main so we are on the correct side for our destination.. I hang up

Wait another like 5 thinking wtf... he phones me back again, “hey man do you see me?!!!” I look and there is the van parked like 3 blocks away at Main and Terminal with its hazards on on the curb lane..

I just told him fuck it, forget about it..
Old 02-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #190
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Anyone know if Uber or Lyft are fully working in Surrey now?
Old 02-16-2020, 11:03 AM   #191
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post
If you can carry your bags to the point of being picked up you can lift them in to the car.
I have beef with my X on this. You can pack qty 2 of your 50lbs luggages and haul it downstairs to the door for a vacation, but the MOMENT you see me picking you up in a car, all of a sudden you become handicap and complain to me its too heavy and expect me to take care of you to lift your shit.

Am I kryptonite to you where you just loose the ability to do your own shit once I appear? /endrant
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #192

lolol didn’t know this luggage debate was a thing
Old 02-16-2020, 04:07 PM   #193
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
lolol didn’t know this luggage debate was a thing
Exactly! Seems like it's a hot topic.

The whole taxi/Uber/Lyft driver loading and unloading your luggage is really up to them. It's a service courtesy. Similar to a bellman doing the same when you arrive at a hotel and takes it up to your room.
keifun is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2020, 05:47 PM   #194
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anyone on RS a Uber or Lyft driver? I’m considering doing it on a PT basis. How’s the pay? The customers?
Blah_Teggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:34 PM   #195
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Teggie View Post
Anyone on RS a Uber or Lyft driver? I’m considering doing it on a PT basis. How’s the pay? The customers?
Better jump on the bandwagon before the market becomes too saturated. I believe there's a back log of getting your class 4 license.

Some of my colleagues are doing it, works out to be $25 to $40 ish dollars an hour. Lots of variables to go with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:35 AM   #196
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
^ I want to know the delta & insurance coverage you have to pay extra.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:34 PM   #197
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
choked about these late fees lol

I stood outside for 5 mins waiting for this dude until I realized he was parked way up the street from me .

another time I was standing outside and waiting before the guy even came and it still counted as a late fee like wtf
Vansterdam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:01 PM   #198
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Better jump on the bandwagon before the market becomes too saturated. I believe there's a back log of getting your class 4 license.

Some of my colleagues are doing it, works out to be $25 to $40 ish dollars an hour. Lots of variables to go with it.
Is that after they factor in the cost of gas?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:04 PM   #199
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
^ and maintenance
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:05 PM   #200
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
choked about these late fees lol

I stood outside for 5 mins waiting for this dude until I realized he was parked way up the street from me .

another time I was standing outside and waiting before the guy even came and it still counted as a late fee like wtf
send them an email. they will give you back the money. happened to me several times in LA and they just refunded me the late fee
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote