REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-06-2023, 04:09 PM   #5626
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Not to give PP any credit, because this is all performative, but the essence of a politician doing something for the people would pretty much always fuck themselves over since 99% of them are wealthy.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 04:22 PM   #5627
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,360 Times in 5,657 Posts
Pooor Trudeau won’t be able to fly on the aga khans Gulfstream
Old 12-06-2023, 05:17 PM   #5628

Watching this Ken sim thing. I like how he said Vancouver park board has too much power, yet just months ago VPD and city hall were just like "not my problem, it's the park boards responsibility" when it comes to the homeless encampments in city parks. Fucking dipshits so desperate for a scapegoat. Absolutely pathetic.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2023, 07:13 PM   #5629
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
pp does not care he has a tax funded mansion with servants in Ottawa. He can still go home every day. I wonder If he will invite his Dad and his Husband?
Old 12-08-2023, 09:46 PM   #5630

Canada cuts a 5 billion dollar cheque to the Philippines for “climate financing”

https://www.reuters.com/business/env...on%20Wednesday

Can only hope one day this insanity ends, but I doubt it.
Old 12-08-2023, 10:05 PM   #5631
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,584 Times in 4,299 Posts
Giving all the money away we are getting taxed for, it’s so frustrating when Canadians are struggling and need help but nope.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 10:21 PM   #5632
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,281 Times in 1,969 Posts
It's to say thanks for all the TFWs
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 10:28 PM   #5633

A country with 35 million people and a smaller GDP than almost any of the top 20 carbon producers is trying to save the world at the expense of its citizens
Old 12-08-2023, 10:38 PM   #5634
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,721 Times in 3,140 Posts
That’s the cost for all those flip nurses. Lawl.

But seriously. Fuck you trudeau.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 11:09 PM   #5635
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,193 Times in 2,412 Posts
The Reuters article is misleading. The $5b isn't strictly for just the Philippines, but rather Canada's overall commitment to the climate pledge with the UN. The Philippines is just getting a bigger slice of it.

That said, still stands it's a lot of money that it would be well used within Canada than outside Canada.
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 11:50 PM   #5636

[Here you go.](https://pco.gov.ph/news_releases/ph-...ce-commitment/)

From reddit
The $5.3Bn is Canada's total climate financing budget for 2021-2026, globally, up from $2.65Bn from 2016-2021. The Philippines, via the UNDP, is just receiving an increased allotment of the previously committed funds than originally planned. There has been zero change in the budget as outlined in 2021 as far as the amount of money committed. People seem to be reading this as if "Trudeau is giving the Philippines $5.3Bn" when that's not even remotely close to the reality.

Old 12-09-2023, 05:27 PM   #5637

I wonder if this has anything to do with Harper and his current job. He is close with Modi.
Old 12-11-2023, 10:48 AM   #5638

17,000 people, a 5 year high, have died waiting on life saving/diagnostic procedures in Canada

https://nationalpost.com/news/canadi...850d89523/amp/

Hope ya got money to go to the states if ya get sick, because otherwise, you’re fucked.

Good thing we’re saving Ukraine/the environment though
Old 12-11-2023, 10:57 AM   #5639

Thanked 4,586 Times in 1,726 Posts
What do you think happens when you Zerg-rush immigration numbers, bringing in a lot of folks who carry morbidities that have been left untreated in their country of origin?

Compound that with the lack of tax remittance to these system from those same individuals and what do you get?

A stressed and overburdened system.

I'll say it again, I voted for Trudeau twice, he has to take accountability for these problems.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 11:21 AM   #5640

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Isn't healthcare provincial? Which I never really understood, it seems like the kind of thing that should be federal.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 11:30 AM   #5641

Healthcare is provincial, but they don't have the resources to deal with the immigration policies put forth by the federal government. When's the last hospital been built in BC? There's no way its kept up with the population increases over the last 3 years or even the last 20 probably.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2023, 11:36 AM   #5642
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,389 Times in 1,233 Posts
With the way things are going here and the high prices in the US, wouldn't it be easier to fly to Thailand to get some procedures done? Haven't got personal experience but their standards are apparently very high if you pay for Private Care. Then have a nice beach vacation while you recuperate.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2023, 11:41 AM   #5643

Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,770 Posts
There's been a shit ton of Hospital construction over the last 20 years.

Brand new Abbotsford Hospital - 2008

Surrey Memorial Hospital New Critical Care tower and Emergency Department - 2013/14

Royal Jubilee Hospital Paitent care centre expansion - 2011

New North Island Hospital - 2017

New Cowichan District Hospital - Currently under construction

Burnaby Hospital Redevelopment - Currently under construction

And that's just what I can list off the top of my head.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 11:44 AM   #5644

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
I'm sure there are endless opportunities to get healthcare elsewhere if you pay for it but what the fuck are we doing if we can't even get people help here before they croak? Everything else seems pretty insignificant at that point.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2023, 11:52 AM   #5645
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,389 Times in 1,233 Posts
Isn't the problem now trying to fill those hospitals with competent doctors and staff?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2023, 11:59 AM   #5646

Look who follows Alex Jones on twitter. Yes, he is back on twitter.

Old 12-11-2023, 12:02 PM   #5647
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
With the way things are going here and the high prices in the US, wouldn't it be easier to fly to Thailand to get some procedures done? Haven't got personal experience but their standards are apparently very high if you pay for Private Care. Then have a nice beach vacation while you recuperate.
Going to Thailand to get some "medical procedures" done, huh? I know what "procedures" you must be thinking of...

Supposedly, medical care in Taiwan is very cheap and thorough, even for foreigners. But I have not looked into that at all.

As our public healthcare crisis continues to worse, I am seeing more and more people calling for private healthcare to be made available as if that would solve their healthcare waiting problems. I always shake my head on BS like this because to me, people calling for private healthcare in Canada don't have a lick of understanding on what our problems are -- our #1 difficulty is a severe shortage of healthcare staff & workers, in case it is not obvious -- and somehow people think the problem can be circumvented (at least for them) as long as they are willing to pay private medical service providers from their own pockets.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2023, 12:16 PM   #5648

There are legitimate arguments for privatized healthcare that have been outlined dozens of times before but people keep their hand in the sand about it.

Let doctors open up private, for profit clinics, and force them to use the capacity of their clinics for a portion of publicly funded diagnostics and scans.

I’m no expert but I’ve listened to many guests on the radio and have read articles from both sides who argue this would be a way to add capacity with the private sector paying for it. An MRI etc. may not exist where it would if it was purchased privately.

At some point when people are leaving the country to seek medical procedures and diagnostic scans elsewhere, you kinda have to be open to ANY solution don’t you?

Also privatized clinics can also encourage enrolment in the healthcare profession as it’s better working conditions, better pay etc.

It’s kinda come to the point where this constant push-back on privatized healthcare is just spinning your wheels because, like many aspects of our govt. it’s as bad as it’s ever been, with no resolution in sight, and the people making these decisions undoubtedly can afford to have their ailments treated privately OR they simply jump the line due to their status so why would they care whether or not someone can get a prognosis in a timely manner.

Long before COVID, like 2011 I completely fucked up my back and herniated a disc in the lower lumbar, tried everything until finally my family doctor got me an appointment for an MRI, for the first 4/5 months of this I could barely work, pretty severe pain on a daily basis etc. fast forward it took SIXTEEN MONTHS to get an MRI.. by then my back had mostly recovered but I still went anyways because I waited all this time and I needed to see if it was worse than a herniation.

Fast forward to last week, in the last couple years I’ve had fairly chronic dry skin on my face and worried it could turn into somthing worse if not dealt with, could not get in to see my family doctor for months so I booked a Telus health thing, after 2 months of looking for an appointment, I finally got a doctor online. She gives me the quickest blurb bla bla bla ok I’ll refer you to a dermatologist. I get a follow up email “the dermatologist will see you in July-Sept 2024”

If basic shit like this is so bad, I can’t imagine how terrifying it is to have cancer etc. and be stuck in limbo of treatment.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 12-11-2023 at 12:25 PM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 12:42 PM   #5649

I don't know why we'd follow the only country that you are more likely to miss out on important healthcare than Canada in the G20 than the 18 that are above them. Publicly funded healthcare works, the issue with our system is something else. Beyond there just being not enough care for the population though I don't know what the root of that is.
I'd imagine a portion of that would be lack of accountability when it comes to spending, but I don't know what else beyond that. The systems as a whole need an audit based on someone from a country that is doing it right.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2023, 12:45 PM   #5650

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
You can already get a private MRI if you want one. Adding more private healthcare just seems like a way to add more useless bloat with private health insurance companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Isn't the problem now trying to fill those hospitals with competent doctors and staff?
When very desirable places to live have staffing problems at least one option seems pretty straightforward. Increase salaries and staffing until you stop having shortages. Then increase it a bit more until you can afford to get picky and hire the best of the best.

But of course the people that are willing to pay for private care don't want to risk their taxes going up.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: