REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:20 AM   #951
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
While environmentalists talk about the legacy that we are leaving for next generations ... few are raising the financial debt that this generation is leaving for the next. No one runs a household like the present day Libs or NDP. At one point, Libs were actually aiming for balance or surplus ... Chretien/Paul Martin days?
Why try to budget balance and cut programs and funds coz if you do no one will vote for you. Instead just spend spend spend and let the next guy clean up after you since is elections every 4 years no point in being responsibility for the next gen.

Instead just spend as much as you run the country into debt that way you can buy votes.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #952
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
It is quickly changing to people like you, the ones that are quick to prejudice anyone that does not agree with their opinion, while hypocritically claiming the moral high ground of social integrity, regardless of fact.
The question was whats Canada's identity.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #953
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
The question was whats Canada's identity.
He answered the question, you're just too slow to come up with a rebuttal so you're ignoring the answer and re-asking the question like it was he that missed the point, not you. Almost exactly proving the point he made. Classic

Canada's identity has certainly changed for the worse compared to our parents and grandparents generations. If they had this unqualified, lying, hypocritical, incompetent, racist, fiscally disastrous PM in their time he would have been out on his ass so fast he'd never have a seat in Parliament ever again.

Hard times create hard people, hard people bring good times, good times create soft people, soft people bring hard times. This country has never been softer. If Trudeau is re-elected it will be an even bigger international embarrassment than Trump's election.
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2019, 01:21 PM   #954

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post
He answered the question, you're just too slow to come up with a rebuttal so you're ignoring the answer and re-asking the question like it was he that missed the point, not you. Almost exactly proving the point he made. Classic

Canada's identity has certainly changed for the worse compared to our parents and grandparents generations. If they had this unqualified, lying, hypocritical, incompetent, racist, fiscally disastrous PM in their time he would have been out on his ass so fast he'd never have a seat in Parliament ever again.

Hard times create hard people, hard people bring good times, good times create soft people, soft people bring hard times. This country has never been softer. If Trudeau is re-elected it will be an even bigger international embarrassment than Trump's election.

He didn't answer the question. Explain to me how it's worse then your grandparents generation?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:07 PM   #955
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
He didn't answer the question. Explain to me how it's worse then your grandparents generation?
Just LOL. If you were capable of unbiased cognitive intelligence you would understand the points being made and their relevance to your question
Old 10-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #956

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post
Just LOL. If you were capable of unbiased cognitive intelligence you would understand the points being made and their relevance to your question
Was it your grand parents generation who kidnapped kids and put them in residential schools where they where fucked by priests and nuns or was it it your grandparents generation who put a whole ethnic minority into internment camps?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #957
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,667 Times in 3,115 Posts
That’s not what he’s saying manic. He’s saying we’ve become soft and fat over the years due to the stability and economic prosperity our forefathers brought. Nowadays you have a bunch of snowflakes social justice warriors who never had it bad so they don’t know the meaning of hard work and real injustice.

Trudeau is weak. His father wasn’t. He got elected because of his dad and that’s the only real reason.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
That’s not what he’s saying manic. He’s saying we’ve become soft and fat over the years due to the stability and economic prosperity our forefathers brought. Nowadays you have a bunch of snowflakes social justice warriors who never had it bad so they don’t know the meaning of hard work and real injustice.

Trudeau is weak. His father wasn’t. He got elected because of his dad and that’s the only real reason.
That's the whole point. Parents always want there kids to have it easier than they did.

Trudeau was elected because people hatted harper.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #959
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:

Trudeau was elected because people hatted harper.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #960

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
That's the US.

In Canada people are moving more to the left.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:48 PM   #961
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
That's the US.

Can you cite a source w/ data to support that claim? I suspect that is just another Manic!ism?

Canada has always been more left leaning, consider that in 1993 the Tories only managed to secure 2 seats in parliament... if I compare how many seats the Tories had in 1993 (2) to how many they won in 2015 (99) then I guess it's reasonable to say that in Canada more people are moving to the right.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:12 PM   #962
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Canada is a left leaning country. The Conservative party is more left than the American Democratic party.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:25 PM   #963
HELP ME PLS!!!

Pretty sure this election is going to turn out with a Liberal minority.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #964

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Can you cite a source w/ data to support that claim? I suspect that is just another Manic!ism?

Canada has always been more left leaning, consider that in 1993 the Tories only managed to secure 2 seats in parliament... if I compare how many seats the Tories had in 1993 (2) to how many they won in 2015 (99) then I guess it's reasonable to say that in Canada more people are moving to the right.

And before the 93 election they had 151 seats under the conservative Brian Mulroney. The reform party that later merged with the Canadian Alliance won 52 seats.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:36 PM   #965
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
That's the US.
Tell me the last time any party besides liberal or conservative won a federal election.
Here I'll save you the trouble
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ters_of_Canada

Quote:

Seven out of ten provinces disagree with that statement.
But I guess if you ignore the stampede of conservative wins that have swept across Canadian provinces the past several years.
you'd need to live in a really really thick bubble to do that though

Quote:
Was it your grand parents generation who kidnapped kids and put them in residential schools where they where fucked by priests and nuns or was it it your grandparents generation who put a whole ethnic minority into internment camps?
I don't know about his grandparents. But mine fought and lost dear friends for the freedom and independence of this great country.
That same freedom that affords you, the libranos, and what's become of our government funded propaganda machine media, the luxury of trampling all over it.
You're a disgrace.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 10-15-2019 at 09:43 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #966
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Pretty sure this election is going to turn out with a Liberal minority.
I don't believe polls. Polls also said Clinton was easily going to win in 2016. There is a lot of disdain for Trudeau even amongst long-time Liberal supporters. This is not the Liberal party of Martin or Chretien, it's become more like a cult of stupidity and incompetence on both a personal and policy level. I know a lot of people who voted for Trudeau just to see a change from the years of Harper and even when Trudeau won I said 'fair enough' and gave him the benefit of the doubt to prove himself. Not one of those people intends to vote to re-elect him. Only time will tell.

Last edited by JD¹³; 10-15-2019 at 10:13 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #967

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post

I don't know about his grandparents. But mine fought and lost dear friends for the freedom and independence of this great country.
That same freedom that affords you, the libranos, and what's become of our government funded propaganda machine media, the luxury of trampling all over it.
You're a disgrace.
It was called a world war people from many countries fought in it. India sent 1.5 million Hindu's, Sikhs, and Muslims to fight in WWI and 2.2 Million in WW2.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:57 AM   #968
I Wanna Go Fast!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...aign-1.5322439

Trudeau literally begging for votes with a 'woe is me' campaign now. Telling people to vote for him because he "shares their values" Which values are those? Lie, break the law, treat women as second class politicians, take taxpayer funded vacations that cost four times the median annual salary of working people, be openly and admittedly racist...? He's actually telling people not to vote for who they really want but to vote Liberal just to beat the Conservatives. This is the guy that campaigned for Proportional Representation!!! Fucking pathetic.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #969

Barack Obama
@BarackObama
I was proud to work with Justin Trudeau as President. He's a hard-working, effective leader who takes on big issues like climate change. The world needs his progressive leadership now, and I hope our neighbors to the north support him for another term.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #970
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,182 Times in 356 Posts
Came across this article...
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/jagm...-way-he-talks/
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:34 AM   #971
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Yea, I’ll be sure to take Obama’s opinion into consideration..
Old 10-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #972
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Barack Obama
@BarackObama
I was proud to work with Justin Trudeau as President. He's a hard-working, effective leader who takes on big issues like climate change. The world needs his progressive leadership now, and I hope our neighbors to the north support him for another term.
Except Trudeau hasn’t been serious about tackling climate change (lowering GHG emissions).

Introducing a national carbon tax was a good start but not enough.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #973
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Funny, if Trump tweeted support for Scheer then it's foreign political interference....
Old 10-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #974

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
Funny, if Trump tweeted support for Scheer then it's foreign political interference....
Trump is the head of a country. Obama is now just a citizen.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6037999/s...l-us-passport/

Quote:
The United States Immigration and Nationality Act says it is against the law for U.S. citizens — including dual nationals — to enter or leave the United States unless they are using a valid American passport.
Quote:
Earlier in the campaign, Scheer confirmed he held dual citizenship in Canada and the United States, the latter passed to him by his American-born father. Scheer said his parents applied for the citizenship and a U.S. passport on his behalf when he was a child, but that he hasn’t renewed his passport since becoming an adult.
So how does scheer travel to the US?
Old 10-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #975
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:

So how does scheer travel to the US?
I think it is technically possible to travel to the US using a Canadian passport... but I could be wrong.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote