REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #901
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Being critical of the problems in this country is still allowed. I think I'll stay (for now), vote, and hope for the best.
Advertisement
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #902
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Being critical of the problems in this country is still allowed. I think I'll stay (for now), vote, and hope for the best.
But why do you want to live in a dumpster fire? If your hose was on fire would you not leave?

Want to hear a broken record? Here you go. People who worked in the trump campaign are now working with scheer.

Last edited by Manic!; 10-09-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #903

welfare and betty keep trying to tell me the ppc is not racist but almost every day another story comes out showing their true colors.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/peo...osts-1.5315943

Quote:
Maxime Bernier's People's Party says it won't take action against one of its candidates in Nova Scotia who called Islam "pure evil" and "not compatible with democracy" in numerous social media posts.

Sybil Hogg, the PPC candidate for Sackville-Preston-Chezzetcook, made a series of posts on Twitter and Facebook with anti-Islam statements within the last year.

The posts include a response in March to a 2017 tweet from former Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould, sent after the minister visited a mosque just days after the deadly Quebec City mosque attack. Hogg's response: "Islam is pure evil. Islam has no place in Canadian society."

Johanne Mennie, executive director of PPC, told CBC News the party reached out to Hogg to "understand the context within which she expressed herself" and the candidate replied that she "failed to draw the distinction between 'Islam' the religion and 'Islamism' or 'radical Islam.'"

According to the party, Hogg said her concern "is and always has been radical Islam rather than Islam" and that she believed it was time for a "conversation about Islamism and Islamic entryism" in Canada.

When asked Wednesday night to clarify whether that response satisfied the party, the PPC confirmed it wouldn't be taking any action against her.

As of Thursday morning, none of Hogg's social media posts had been removed.

Asked by CBC News about Hogg's comments and the party's decision, the National Council of Canadian Muslims said in a statement that it felt "little need to comment on another ridiculous and ignorant position from a PPC candidate."

"We refuse to engage with a party that has made hate and division a central element of its platform — but more importantly, that 98 to 99 per cent of Canadians are rejecting as per the most recent polling," the statement said.

Maxime Bernier says his party would cap immigration levels at 150K

2 PPC candidates tweet cartoon of Jagmeet Singh wearing turban with bomb on it

"This election has clearly shown thus far, as has the last election, that hate is a failed organizing principle in Canadian politics."

It's not clear whether Hogg will appear with People's Party Leader Maxime Bernier at a campaign event scheduled for Friday in Halifax.
CBC's Journalistic Standards and Practices|About CBC News
Report Typo or Error|Send Feedback
Related Stories

Maxime Bernier says his party would cap immigration levels at 150K
2 PPC candidates tweet cartoon of Jagmeet Singh wearing turban with bomb on it
POLL TRACKER
Liberals marginally ahead of Conservatives but minority odds increase
PARTY PLATFORMS
Compare the party platforms on these top election issues

Canada Votes

Get analysis from our Parliamentary bureau as we count down to the federal election.
Email address:
Canada Votes 2019
Old 10-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #904

Huh. Sounds like she had at least somewhat of a reasonable explanation.

I really hate to sling mud, but I couldn't help notice you never commented on the racism that is apparently baked right into
This liberal governments policy team.

Don't worry, I won't wait up for the selective outrage to come pouring through your keyboard

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/fo...ic-vote-banks/

Quote:
According to Aziz, such racial insensitivity is quite usual in the upper ranks of the Trudeau government, and says he became used to such behaviour while working on Parliament Hill with Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland’s policy team, reports CBC.

“Sometimes a slip of the tongue is not just a slip of the tongue. It’s a slip of the mask,” he said in an interview with CBC Radio.

“I basically had to leave my dream job because of racist prejudices that went unacknowledged"

Former Liberal adviser rips party over racial insensitivity in government ranks | CBC News

A former senior adviser in the Liberal government said Friday he wasn't surprised by photos of Justin Trudeau in blackface makeup because he encountered racially insensitive behaviour while working...

Aziz went on to say that the Liberal government views certain minority groups as “ethnic vote banks” and that most of his colleagues were subtly racist.

According to Aziz, part of his job, which Aziz only held for 7 months before leaving due to such comments, was to handle “brown files” in the department, which are how the government colloquially refers to non-white-majority countries. He also says his colleagues assumed that he “wasn’t aware of certain cultural nuances because of his skin colour,” reports CBC.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #905

Quote:
Huh. Sounds like she had at least somewhat of a reasonable explanation.

I really hate to sling mud, but I couldn't help notice you never commented on the racism that is apparently baked right into
This liberal governments policy team.

Don't worry, I won't wait up for the selective outrage to come pouring through your keyboard

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/fo...ic-vote-banks/
The post millennial LOL!!! But ok I will take that article at face value. Do you take the word of multiple former members of the PPC who have said the party is racist? These are people who were high up in the party.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:05 PM   #906

At the french language debate.

Yes that's a mackay 2020 sign. Already talks about him replacing scheer.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #907
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,283 Times in 2,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Yes that's a mackay 2020 sign. Already talks about him replacing scheer.
LOL~ I'm just gonna say that MacKay is a far more sensible and respectable person / politician than Scheer can ever hope to be, and he has the credentials (ie. former federal gov positions and experience) to back it up as well.

Perhaps this is the Liberals' last ditch secret weapon to get more votes? So that people like me -- who hates Trudeau, but can't bear to bring myself to vote for Scheer to go back and vote for Trudeau one last time so that the Conservatives can get rid of Scheer?
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
LOL~ I'm just gonna say that MacKay is a far more sensible and respectable person / politician than Scheer can ever hope to be, and he has the credentials (ie. former federal gov positions and experience) to back it up as well.

Perhaps this is the Liberals' last ditch secret weapon to get more votes? So that people like me -- who hates Trudeau, but can't bear to bring myself to vote for Scheer to go back and vote for Trudeau one last time so that the Conservatives can get rid of Scheer?
The story was originally in the globe and mail. The person with the sign was standing with the liberals for a bit so he could be a liberal supporter.

I now know why welfare and betty are voting PPC.

Old 10-10-2019, 05:09 PM   #909

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
welfare and betty keep trying to tell me the ppc is not racist but almost every day another story comes out showing their true colors.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/peo...osts-1.5315943
Islam is right about women.
Quote:
The post millennial LOL!!! But ok I will take that article at face value. Do you take the word of multiple former members of the PPC who have said the party is racist? These are people who were high up in the party.
Sorry I couldn't find a more reliable/unbiased source:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jus...eral-1.5292084
Former Liberal adviser rips party over racial insensitivity in government ranks
Spoiler!

Quote:
The story was originally in the globe and mail. The person with the sign was standing with the liberals for a bit so he could be a liberal supporter.

I now know why welfare and betty are voting PPC.

I don't believe I have stated or yet decided who I am voting for, nor am I aware if welfare has done so. Bernier does seem to have a talent in pulling some decent wool.

Interesting that the progressive left would opt to "slut shame" a woman for her personal choices.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:17 PM   #910
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,127 Times in 7,142 Posts
I don't think that implying that 2 males are voting for a party due to an attractive woman being a member is "slut shaming."
Great try on that spin though.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #911

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I don't think that implying that 2 males are voting for a party due to an attractive woman being a member is "slut shaming."
Great try on that spin though.
I interpreted Manic's post as further criticism of the PPC for selecting a candidate with an uncommon past. If he meant it as locker room grab-her-the-pussy friendly banter, then I withdraw my remark.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:28 PM   #912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Islam is right about women.

Sorry I couldn't find a more reliable/unbiased source:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jus...eral-1.5292084
Former Liberal adviser rips party over racial insensitivity in government ranks
Spoiler!

I don't believe I have stated or yet decided who I am voting for, nor am I aware if welfare has done so. Bernier does seem to have a talent in pulling some decent wool.

Interesting that the progressive left would opt to "slut shame" a woman for her personal choices.

Slut shaming a women? It was meant to be a joke. I'm not the one claiming we are living in jezebellean times like the ppc candidate in Alberta. Is Jahrah/mad max going to smite her? What I find bizarre is she is a immigrant/refugee who is running for a party that wants to reduce the number of immigrants/refugees.

Just like every other religion people have different takes on the religion. All Muslims do have the same option when it comes to women.

Fun fact women who visit the pope are forced to cover up.

I laughed at the post millennial because it's a joke. Like I said I take the store at face value. Why don't you believe the multiple PPC members who have come out and said the party is racist?
Old 10-10-2019, 08:00 PM   #913

Quote:
Why don't you believe the multiple PPC members who have come out and said the party is racist?

Funny, of the candidates who left the ppc, they site no specific examples really. Only "racist and divisive atmosphere".
Maybe a few tweets here and there that have since been apologized for.

Did Christia Freeland ever apologize? I don't think she even acknowledged it. Speaks volumes
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #914

Wow. Just finishing off these French debates. Amazing how much better these debates go when you have a decent format, and a single moderator who actually does their job.
Breaking it up into threes worked much better. They actually had time to discuss their positions on policies instead of barking one liner zingers at each other.

The English "debates" were a complete farce.
-Norm Franz
Old 10-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #915

And of course they all pledge to balance the budget with a five year plan in a four year term. Except Trudeau of course. He has no plan of doing that at all.
Bernier was the only one pledging to do it in two.
Spend spend spend. More promises. More government.
-Norm Franz
Old 10-10-2019, 08:30 PM   #916

Quote:
Funny, of the candidates who left the ppc, they site no specific examples really. Only "racist and divisive atmosphere".
Maybe a few tweets here and there that have since been apologized for.

Did Christia Freeland ever apologize? I don't think she even acknowledged it. Speaks volumes
You posted at story of a person who left the liberal party.

That's your buddy with members of the northern guard an all male hate group. They are buddies with the Storm Alliance and the soldiers of odin.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:06 PM   #917

-Norm Franz
Old 10-10-2019, 09:45 PM   #918

Quote:
Yes brown people love Trudeau. why do all the right-wing hate groups love max? He also seems to go out of his way to hang out with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=P_Y2zGqLYE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=q8X2Gc72CIE
Old 10-10-2019, 10:59 PM   #919
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts

My general reaction to everything related to this campaign hysteria...
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:16 PM   #920
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Yes brown people love Trudeau. why do all the right-wing hate groups love max? He also seems to go out of his way to hang out with them.
Wow. This proves once and for all this guy is either trolling or mentally ill. People with strong and/or stupid opinions on race will never be equal to someone convicted of attempted murder of a foreign government official as a member of a terrorism group banned by Canada, the US, UK, and India. Adding to the complete disgrace of this man being a guest of the Prime Idiot on his trip to India is that Trudeau has known him long enough to know who he is and what he represents - and invited him anyway. Trudeau is completely inept.

I strongly advise anyone reading or following this thread to disregard anything Manic posts as factual and again suggest he should be banned from the discussion.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:04 AM   #921

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Wow. This proves once and for all this guy is either trolling or mentally ill. People with strong and/or stupid opinions on race will never be equal to someone convicted of attempted murder of a foreign government official as a member of a terrorism group banned by Canada, the US, UK, and India. Adding to the complete disgrace of this man being a guest of the Prime Idiot on his trip to India is that Trudeau has known him long enough to know who he is and what he represents - and invited him anyway. Trudeau is completely inept.

I strongly advise anyone reading or following this thread to disregard anything Manic posts as factual and again suggest he should be banned from the discussion.
How does a guy convicted of attempted murder of an Indian politician get a visa for India?
Old 10-11-2019, 05:47 AM   #922
HELP ME PLS!!!

By having a friends in high places.

Last edited by DragonChi; 10-11-2019 at 05:55 AM.
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #923

Maxime Bernier says N.S. PPC candidate’s tweets were racist but she won’t face consequences

https://globalnews.ca/news/6025100/m...-islamophobia/

I wonder why?
Old 10-12-2019, 06:25 PM   #924

Shit I didn't know scheer was pro rips.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:20 PM   #925

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Shit I didn't know scheer was pro rips.

Translation

Trudeau legalized weed, now he's considering legalizing hard drugs!

If you want the most up to date info in chinese, like our page!
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote