REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-20-2019, 12:04 AM   #1026
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
^Should he spice it up with blackface or some endorsement of violent Sikh terrorism or declare he doesn't respect progressives?

Maybe he should give up the boring fleece for the Harper sweater-vest.
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2019, 12:45 AM   #1027
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,401 Times in 3,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
^Should he spice it up with blackface or some endorsement of violent Sikh terrorism or declare he doesn't respect progressives?

Maybe he should give up the boring fleece for the Harper sweater-vest.
Ya good idea to copy lines from the trump campaign. How is his Hillary Clinton investigation going? wasn't he going to lock her up?
Old 10-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #1028

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I’m not going to go to that party tonight.
*wife tells me that it’s actually going to be really fun
Ok I’ll go.

Is that a lie? Or is that changing your mind?
It may not be considered as bad as lying. But flip flopping exudes a lack of principal.
It's one of the reasons many who voted liberal won't be doing it this time. Well, that and the lies of course.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #1029
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,301 Times in 1,979 Posts
Is it Wednesday yet?

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #1030
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,198 Times in 7,171 Posts
In certain instances I believe going back on what your original plans are is the best thing you can do. It really just depends on how good the original plans were. Jagmeet made a decision, realized it was not what is best for his party, or potentially the people of Canada, and decided that it was originally the wrong choice. Of course this doesn't excuse actual lying, where someone promises something that will benefit others then without any explanation simply doesn't deliver on it. (proportional fucking representation for example.)
The issue I take with many of the cons platforms, and especially long term con voters are there refusal to change their beliefs and decisions no matter what information is put in front of them. It doesn't matter if clear and concise facts explain to them the reason they are wrong, they just find a group of people to re affirm the wrong answer and decide its right. Of course this doesn't apply to everyone in that demographic, but it runs deep.
If I would continue to ignore what I've learned in the past 10-15 years and "stuck to my guns" I'd be a lot worse off.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #1031

Compromise is important, and healthy, of course, depending on the circumstances.
But I'd rather see 4 years of a government that i oppose than to see the party I'm in favor of waiver on their principles.
-Norm Franz
Old 10-20-2019, 04:15 PM   #1032

Jagmeet feels the Burn.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:33 PM   #1033
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

https://www.facebook.com/682920200/p...800201?sfns=mo
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:52 PM   #1034

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Alberta generates more GHG than the rest of the non-Ontario provinces and territories combined.

They were making money hand-over-fist for years, but didn’t use the money to diversify their economy, but rather offered tax reductions.

Calgary has the most hours of sunshine and 2nd highest sustained winds (St. John’s the highest), making it the most ideal city in the country for green energy yet there has been reluctance by the province to embrace it.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #1035
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,527 Times in 4,912 Posts
Meat and Potatoes, Rodeo's and Trucks.

Diversify? Hell no................ give me the long horn cow.

Words from a song we sang in elementary school.

I'm going to leave, ol' Texas now.
They've no more use, for the long horn cow.

They ploughed and fenced my cattle range
and the people there, are all so strange.

change ain't a word we speak of out here, y'all city slickas can suck on a beef jerky.....

The world is a changing, but we won't..........
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #1036

An eye opener...

-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 10-20-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:43 PM   #1037

Old 10-20-2019, 07:47 PM   #1038
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
With the election coming up tomorrow, I still have no idea who to vote for.
I gathered more information by visiting each party's website and watched their speeches on youtube.
They all said the same thing... Put more money into our pockets, fair taxies from riches and helping out families...
Would you enlighten me with your opinions on the party you are going to vote for.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:40 PM   #1039
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,923 Posts
What if Libs and Cons win the exact same number of seats?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2019, 09:34 PM   #1040
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Alberta generates more GHG than the rest of the non-Ontario provinces and territories combined.

They were making money hand-over-fist for years, but didn’t use the money to diversify their economy, but rather offered tax reductions.

Calgary has the most hours of sunshine and 2nd highest sustained winds (St. John’s the highest), making it the most ideal city in the country for green energy yet there has been reluctance by the province to embrace it.
Please tell me you're not actually this ignorant. Since 1957 Alberta has transferred HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of dollars of it's GDP to 'have not' provinces which has allowed the entire country to prosper and grow. Yes, the average income of residents in Alberta is higher than other provinces which means they contribute the most to GST income for the federal government through their spending. These are FACTS, look them up. Alberta and to a lesser but still very important extent Saskatchewan are the boiler rooms that power Canada. Albertans are very serious about their considerations for separation if they continue to be legislated in to recession by the federal government, and on its own that province is the worlds 7th largest economy. If you want to lose 20% of Canada's annual GDP by cutting off Alberta watch the fuck out. Your quality of life will change very drastically very quickly.

People need to really get their heads out of the sand in regards to GHG. Canada produces I believe 1.8% of the global emissions, China for example is around 25%. The hypocrisy of environmentalists and social justice warriors knows no bounds. They'd rather cripple their own national economy and not send Canadian oil and LNG to China to reduce their dependence on coal (GHG). They'd rather block the Energy East pipeline through Quebec while that provincial government dumps millions of tons of raw sewage in to the St. Lawrence and imports all its oil from Saudi Arabia (by tanker) which is one of the worst human rights regimes on the planet. I don't see protestors going after the Chinese or the Saudi's, guess it's easy to sit behind your computer in a country that allows free speech and internet access to go after the softest targets.

To anyone shitting on Alberta I say try having a basic understanding of our national economics before biting the hand that feeds.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2019, 09:35 PM   #1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
I gathered more information by visiting each party's website and watched their speeches on youtube.
They all said the same thing... Put more money into our pockets, fair taxies from riches and helping out families...
Would you enlighten me with your opinions on the party you are going to vote for.
I’ll never vote for the Liberals or the Conservatives *unless* they’re already in power and have proven to do a good job (same goes for NDP and Liberals at the provincial level). In this case, I don’t like the job Trudeau has done. I didn’t like Harper before that (especially his anti-democratic policies towards his party members of forcing them to fall in line even if it was not in their constituents’ best interests).

I’ve generally voted NDP in the Federal election until Mulclair, who I didn’t like at all (and liked him even less after the election with his childish bullshit).

I ended up voting Green last election as their platform at least seemed to be well-researched with plenty of sources and forward-thinking policies, even though I didn’t agree with probably about half of them.

I’m not so keen on May this time around since she pulled her candidate in Singh’s riding “as a courtesy” because he’s a Federal leader, which is anti-democratic BS, IMO.

I feel all the major/semi-major parties are not being fiscally-responsible, even the Conservatives (obviously not as irresponsible, at least in the short term, but their policies will bite us in the ass undoubtedly). PPC is the only one pounding the debt-reduction drum in a serious way but their other policies are too extreme, especially on climate change.

So I guess I was kind of in the same boat as you. I ended up voting Green because the NDP’s a lot more vague about how they’re actually going to accomplish their goals, they’re a Vancouver Island-based party, and the local NDP attack ads were classic misrepresentation of facts (which I hate). If the NDP didn’t run a smear campaign, I probably would’ve been down to the wire, coin flip between Green and NDP because I like Singh more than May as a leader.

Last edited by Jmac; 10-21-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Please tell me you're not actually this ignorant. Since 1957 Alberta has transferred HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of dollars of it's GDP to 'have not' provinces which has allowed the entire country to prosper and grow. Yes, the average income of residents in Alberta is higher than other provinces which means they contribute the most to GST income for the federal government through their spending. These are FACTS, look them up. Alberta and to a lesser but still very important extent Saskatchewan are the boiler rooms that power Canada. Albertans are very serious about their considerations for separation if they continue to be legislated in to recession by the federal government, and on its own that province is the worlds 7th largest economy. If you want to lose 20% of Canada's annual GDP by cutting off Alberta watch the fuck out. Your quality of life will change very drastically very quickly.

People need to really get their heads out of the sand in regards to GHG. Canada produces I believe 1.8% of the global emissions, China for example is around 25%. The hypocrisy of environmentalists and social justice warriors knows no bounds. They'd rather cripple their own national economy and not send Canadian oil and LNG to China to reduce their dependence on coal (GHG). They'd rather block the Energy East pipeline through Quebec while that provincial government dumps millions of tons of raw sewage in to the St. Lawrence and imports all its oil from Saudi Arabia (by tanker) which is one of the worst human rights regimes on the planet. I don't see protestors going after the Chinese or the Saudi's, guess it's easy to sit behind your computer in a country that allows free speech and internet access to go after the softest targets.

To anyone shitting on Alberta I say try having a basic understanding of our national economics before biting the hand that feeds.
Blah blah blah blah blah

You literally refuted nothing, used the “but but but China” excuse, and call me ignorant.

Last edited by Jmac; 10-21-2019 at 03:55 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2019, 09:44 PM   #1043
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Blah blah blah blah blah

You literally refuted nothing, used the “but but but China” excuse, and call me ignorant.

Go fuck yourself
If you're this dumb I can't help you. Prove me wrong with facts instead of emotion, or stick to name calling because you have no argument against the reality of economics. Yes, you're ignorant. That you proved perfectly.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2019, 09:45 PM   #1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
What if Libs and Cons win the exact same number of seats?
They will have to find a dancing partner. No one really wants to dance with the cons. If the cons get more seats but don't win a majority the Liberals could still stay in power with a coalition government.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:50 PM   #1045

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
If you're this dumb I can't help you. Prove me wrong with facts instead of emotion, or stick to name calling because you have no argument against the reality of economics. Yes, you're ignorant. That you proved perfectly.
I didn’t call you any names and you’re the person spending half a page responding to a post and didn’t even address a single point in it. Sounds pretty dumb and ignorant to me.

Prove me wrong with facts instead of blah blah blah.

Fact: Alberta produces more GHG than all the non-Ontario provinces and territories combined.

Fact: Alberta did next to nothing since 1957 to diversify its economy. It’s still as much oil and gas country as much as it was 20 years ago.

Fact: Solar power represents less than 0.1% of Alberta’s electricity generation.

Last edited by Jmac; 10-20-2019 at 09:59 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2019, 09:51 PM   #1046
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
Quote:
As a protest vote, I'd say Green is a pretty viable choice, but it most cases, it'll also mean your vote didn't really matter in determining who will win in your riding.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2019, 09:58 PM   #1047

Quote:
Start with this:

https://votecompass.cbc.ca/canada/
Old 10-20-2019, 10:00 PM   #1048
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
I didn’t call you any names and you’re the person spending half a page responding to a post and didn’t even address a single point in it. Sounds pretty dumb and ignorant to me.

Prove me wrong with facts instead of blah blah blah.
Holy shit You posted about how rich Alberta was but didn't diversify their economy, I explained to you how they diversified the entire countries economy. You think they should build wind farms which generate very minimal power and zero income for provincial or federal GDP, which would take away spending on reducing the investment in the oil and gas which has made it more efficient and less polluting significantly over the years while still generating money for everyone. I also explained how a real difference to GHG could be made by exporting our relatively clean energy to other countries to reduce their dependency on old methods and reduce GHG for the whole planet by a bigger margin.

The fact that you completely missed all that just proves you're passion posting with no understanding of the issue or industries. But please carry on with your 'blah blah blah'
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #1049
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,923 Posts
Looks like we have a new Manic! vs. Welfare pairing ...
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:18 PM   #1050

Quote:
Apparently your sentiment constitutes a significant voter base. Apparently.
I'd offer the same advice to you as i would to anyone else in that position.
Just don't vote.
I'd rather see ballots tossed than see them cast with uncertainty.
That's just my humble opinion though
-Norm Franz