REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-22-2019, 02:06 AM   #701
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Lawyers also believe every person has a right to a fair trial.

I guess you are one of those types of people who will do anything for a buck.
I have my doubts about lawyers from Trinity Western, given the institution's stance on gays.

I am not so quick to judge people, especially blue collar workers (and I'm not saying you were going after them, but it also applies to them) who compromise their principals in order to put food on the table and a roof over their head or for their family. If you can understand that individuals will go so far as to murder if it meant preventing their own child from starving to death, then being sympathetic and nonnudgemental over those compromises comes easy. I have that line of telling coal miners to "learn to code" as some similar out of touch and self righteous thinking. All leaders compromise their core beliefs to some extent when operating within a democracy.
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2019, 03:27 AM   #702
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
I have my doubts about lawyers from Trinity Western, given the institution's stance on gays.

I am not so quick to judge people, especially blue collar workers (and I'm not saying you were going after them, but it also applies to them) who compromise their principals in order to put food on the table and a roof over their head or for their family. If you can understand that individuals will go so far as to murder if it meant preventing their own child from starving to death, then being sympathetic and nonnudgemental over those compromises comes easy. I have that line of telling coal miners to "learn to code" as some similar out of touch and self righteous thinking. All leaders compromise their core beliefs to some extent when operating within a democracy.
https://www.facebook.com/MikesBloggi...3418707101844/
Old 09-22-2019, 08:52 AM   #703
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Then you're not against it
I'm against it but I tolerate it.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:57 AM   #704

Quote:
But you don't believe you are going to hell for what you are doing.

sheer believes homosexuals and people having abortions are going to hell.

stockwell day who was the head of the Canadian alliance party a party scheer was a part of believed man hunted dinosaurs.

scheer has multiple times tried to stop gay marriage and abortions in the house of commons. What's going to stop him from trying again when he is p.m.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5799732/c...n-activitists/
Gay marriage came into law under Stephen Harper even though he's stated it as being vile and disgusting. During the last election, reporters kept asking him if he would ban it again if he was reelected. He stated many many times that it's law and that he respects that and that the issue would not be reopened. It's possible possible for someone to put their beliefs aside for the job.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #705
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
Putting your beliefs aside, and not doing something because you are aware of the consequences of doing so are two different things.
There are ways to negatively affect the LGBTQ community that are beyond simply repealing gay marriage rights.
Feel free to read an example below if you are interested.
Quote:
Spoiler!
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:17 AM   #706

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Like I said, I would never elect someone who has ingrained hatred in them.

Not sure what your point is though... Is the person posting those signs a candidate for Prime Minister?
While this man may not be running for prime minister, still a person of authority.
Younus Kathrada is an imam in Victoria who stated in his sermon this Christmas that murder was a less punishable crime than wishing non Muslims a merry Christmas.
Here is the only mainstream Canadian news article i could find that covered it,weeks after his sermon aired i might add.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadi...text-1.4243380
Here is what he teaches young Muslims about homosexuality
https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php...15113535182346
Can you just imagine the outage from the lgbt community if a practising priest were espousing such anguish?
Surprisingly silent on this though.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:29 AM   #707

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
While this man may not be running for prime minister, still a person of authority.
Younus Kathrada is an imam in Victoria who stated in his sermon this Christmas that murder was a less punishable crime than wishing non Muslims a merry Christmas.
Here is the only mainstream Canadian news article i could find that covered it,weeks after his sermon aired i might add.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadi...text-1.4243380
Here is what he teaches young Muslims about homosexuality
https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php...15113535182346
Can you just imagine the outage from the lgbt community if a practising priest were espousing such anguish?
Surprisingly silent on this though.
What he hell does that have to do with the election? He is not running for any office.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #708
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
scheer has multiple times tried to stop gay marriage and abortions in the house of commons. What's going to stop him from trying again when he is p.m.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5799732/c...n-activitists/
Because Scheer has said repeatedly that the topic will not be open for voting in to law with a Conservative government. You reposted a video dug up and edited out of context by a member of the Liberal caucus from 14 years ago. In reference to a bill that 30+ Liberals voted against as well. In the article you just posted it makes the point that under Harper's leadership there were even more pro-life MP's but the topic still wasn't open for change.

But I guess I can understand why you don't trust a politicians word when you have Justin Trudeau as the head of the Liberal party. The guy who has broken a pile of his election promises, is guilty (twice) of ethics violations, is still under investigation by the RCMP, and hid photos of himself in blackface from numerous occassions which would have prevented him from even being a candidate for his party let alone the fucking Prime Minister. He's a liar, a hypocrite, and a corrupt fraud.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Justin Trudeau will go down as the worst PM in the history of this country. He is a complete fucking embarrassment to Canadians.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Because Scheer has said repeatedly that the topic will not be open for voting in to law with a Conservative government. You reposted a video dug up and edited out of context by a member of the Liberal caucus from 14 years ago. In reference to a bill that 30+ Liberals voted against as well. In the article you just posted it makes the point that under Harper's leadership there were even more pro-life MP's but the topic still wasn't open for change.

But I guess I can understand why you don't trust a politicians word when you have Justin Trudeau as the head of the Liberal party. The guy who has broken a pile of his election promises, is guilty (twice) of ethics violations, is still under investigation by the RCMP, and hid photos of himself in blackface from numerous occassions which would have prevented him from even being a candidate for his party let alone the fucking Prime Minister. He's a liar, a hypocrite, and a corrupt fraud.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Justin Trudeau will go down as the worst PM in the history of this country. He is a complete fucking embarrassment to Canadians.
worst PM in the history but somehow we have the lowest unemployment rate in history.

scheer has never apologized for that video and still feels the same way. Nothing has changed.

We also have 50 secret candidates part of a pro life group that want to ban abortion. If they get elected will scheer let them introduce laws making it harder to get abortions or will he kick them out of the party?
Old 09-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #710
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
worst PM in the history but somehow we have the lowest unemployment rate in history.
This number is artificially low because so many people have to work two and three jobs to make ends meet. The same is happening in the US. The US Fed has had to drop interests rates twice this year and repo tens of billions of dollars to increase liquidity in the banks and keep the economy churning. The economy is not strong and is slowing, and Canada and the US's economies are very intertwined. Short answer: your point is moot and has nothing to do with Trudeau. He has however put us almost 20 billion dollars in debt in four years and the budget hasn't balanced itself.

scheer has never apologized for that video and still feels the same way. Nothing has changed.
He doesn't have anything to apologize for. The video is edited out of context and Liberals voted alongside. His policy HAS changed and same-sex marriage and abortion laws will not be repealed under his government.
The rest of your post is rhetorical deflecting nonsense.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #711
HELP ME PLS!!!

JT is pretty bad on how he's done so far. The integrity of a PM should never be in question, I can't see him winning this election. But worst in history is a stretch. Looking up a list of ranked PMs by historians, John Tupper frequents the bottom.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #712

Quote:

This number is artificially low because so many people have to work two and three jobs to make ends meet. The same is happening in the US. The US Fed has had to drop interests rates twice this year and repo tens of billions of dollars to increase liquidity in the banks and keep the economy churning. The economy is not strong and is slowing, and Canada and the US's economies are very intertwined. Short answer: your point is moot and has nothing to do with Trudeau. He has however put us almost 20 billion dollars in debt in four years and the budget hasn't balanced itself.

He doesn't have anything to apologize for. The video is edited out of context and Liberals voted alongside. His policy HAS changed and same-sex marriage and abortion laws will not be repealed under his government.

The rest of your post is rhetorical deflecting nonsense.
I will say it again we have plenty of good paying jobs in a variety of industries that are going unfulfilled. If you want I can list them for you again.

Also scheer still thinks homosexuality is a sin. He has not changed.

He may not publicly support it during the campaign but he will not stop any of his mp's from bringing up new legislation.

Quote:
“Nothing has changed for our party on this issue,” he said. “This is the same way we operate – which is under the same policies as the previous Conservative government – which is that individual MPs have the right to express themselves on matters of conscience.”
Old 09-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #713
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
I will say it again we have plenty of good paying jobs in a variety of industries that are going unfulfilled. If you want I can list them for you again.
And? So? Is the unemployment rate supposed to be 0%? I don't know what point you're trying to make with this statement and frankly I don't think you do either.

Also scheer still thinks homosexuality is a sin. He has not changed.
Irrelevant. Actions > Words, your PM fails at both.

He may not publicly support it during the campaign but he will not stop any of his mp's from bringing up new legislation.
This is a flat out lie, and the quote you've presented is done so incomplete and without context. Scheer is saying the Conservative party will remain in line with the previous Harper Conservative government in its policies surrounding these issues: the laws are not going to be changed. He will allow his constituents to speak freely on the matter but no legislation will be tabled. This is called Freedom of Speech, the opposite of what Trudeau enforces on his MP's.

You are completely deflective and continue to produce no real argument while using false narratives. How embarrassing. We're done here.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2019, 03:18 PM   #714
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Hyperbole much!?
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #715

It's usually not in my character to take pleasure in someone's misfortune...
But i am quite enjoying seeing Manic! getting absolutelyTROUNCED
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #716

Quote:
I said this in a different thread but a rising tide lifts all boats. I attribute this more to the American economy than Trudeau. As America's second biggest trading partner, we do well when America does well. If Trump was more tolerant towards immigrants and work visas, we probably wouldn't have these tech jobs here.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:13 PM   #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
It's usually not in my character to take pleasure in someone's misfortune...
But i am quite enjoying seeing Manic! getting absolutelyTROUNCED
Still upset about losing?
Old 09-22-2019, 04:37 PM   #718

Quote:
Still upset about losing?
Upset? No, on the contrary. Quite pleased actually
-Norm Franz
Old 09-23-2019, 12:41 AM   #719

Ezra Levant co founded rebel media with scheers campaign manager.

Old 09-23-2019, 05:12 PM   #720
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
I noticed Manic! didn't have much to offer on the subject of JT sporting a lil' blackface...

I suppose it's okay so long as the right doesn't do it, at least I think that's how Manic! logic works.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:42 PM   #721

Initially i thought that this was some sort of costume party, but the telegraph has reported that it was actually a "black tie" event where Trudeau was the only one wearing any sort of costume.
How awkward.
also quite misleading if true
-Norm Franz
Old 09-23-2019, 08:46 PM   #722

Only logical explanation i can figure is that he mistook the word "tie" for "face"
-Norm Franz
Old 09-23-2019, 11:37 PM   #723
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
why you reading from a foreign source?

it's not some highly classified whistle-blown clandestine event...it was from a yearbook from local high school circa the time when some of us probably attended

anyways, i'm so fucking ready for oct 21...tired of all the different campaigns 24/7, i dont know how americans can stand what feels like 18 months of campaigns
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:18 AM   #724

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
I noticed Manic! didn't have much to offer on the subject of JT sporting a lil' blackface...

I suppose it's okay so long as the right doesn't do it, at least I think that's how Manic! logic works.
The guy apologized unlike scheer.

Hey Welfare are you going to tell me the PPC is not racist.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5929770/f...a-signatories/

Quote:
The former leader of a U.S. neo-Nazi group, a former Soldiers of Odin member and a Pegida Canada official were among those whose signatures were submitted to Elections Canada last year to officially register the People’s Party of Canada, records show.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:55 AM   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
why you reading from a foreign source?

it's not some highly classified whistle-blown clandestine event...it was from a yearbook from local high school circa the time when some of us probably attended
Kinda sad, isn't it? To have to rely on 'foreign sources' to get a detailed description.

Quote:

Hey Welfare are you going to tell me the PPC is not racist.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5929770/f...a-signatories/
Do you think the liberal party is racist for Trudeau taking Faith Goldy for drinks?
Of course not. Because tarring and feathering an entire party based off one person who attached themselves to it at some point is something only a moron would do.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by: