REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-20-2021, 11:19 PM   #2126
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,186 Times in 7,166 Posts
That’s the thing. Trudeau is pretty bad. He’s done some good, but overall looked like an idiot often. I do think he represents Canada fairly well on the world stage though, but more based on the comparison to the idiocy of many other world leaders.
But fuckin hell can someone seriously consider the clusterfuck that’s the Conservative party? Let’s not forget they actually had an anti abortion, homophobe, sociopath as a candidate that had a legitimate chance as a party leader (Derek Sloan) or the NDP, who really has only succeeded at complaining about everything while offering no feasible solutions for a single issue at hand. Or the peoples party which is basically just a fuckin Jordan Peterson book come to life.
All of the parties in Canada are kinda shit. At least any party that has a chance is just kinda shit, compared to many other countries that are maximum shit like republicans.
I just wish NZ would annex us at this point.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2021, 11:24 PM   #2127
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
That is a nice jab on the GOP that you slipped in, Westopher LOL.

But on the whole, I agree with everything you've said there.

When election time comes, I'm gonna contact the Conservative candidate in my riding and ask him about climate change and why the Conservatives voted the policy down. If his reply is good, I will still vote for him. But if he is just beating around the bush, then I am just going to cast a spoiled ballot at the next election.

I cannot bear to vote for Trudeau again. But I can't vote for a party that denies climate change is real.

Last edited by Traum; 03-20-2021 at 11:31 PM.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2021, 11:46 PM   #2128
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,397 Times in 3,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
That is a nice jab on the GOP that you slipped in, Westopher LOL.

But on the whole, I agree with everything you've said there.

When election time comes, I'm gonna contact the Conservative candidate in my riding and ask him about climate change and why the Conservatives voted the policy down. If his reply is good, I will still vote for him. But if he is just beating around the bush, then I am just going to cast a spoiled ballot at the next election.

I cannot bear to vote for Trudeau again. But I can't vote for a party that denies climate change is real.

Can you also ask him if he thinks the earth is flat?
Remember stockwell day thought that man hunted dinosaurs.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:21 AM   #2129
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,027 Times in 1,918 Posts
I contend as I did many pages ago, Liberals with someone else as leader and PM would be ideal, someone who is less entitled, less arrogant, less crony, and someone who doesn't make extra work for the ethics committee once or twice a year.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2021, 07:21 AM   #2130

Thanked 8,931 Times in 3,881 Posts
I don't like Trudeau either, and I've never voted for him, but like westopher said what other real choice do I have? I'm hoping to be alive and in this country for at least another half century (and my kids well beyond that) but with how short sighted the Cons always are we'd likely end up broke or dead before then if their current membership was in charge of anything. The gov't needs to think long term and not just be reactive when it's too late, and I don't believe the Cons are capable of that.

Not to mention their anti abortion, and climate change BS.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 03-21-2021 at 08:01 AM.
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2021, 07:29 AM   #2131

Yah, to oust JT as leader of the Liberals is an internal matter and they'll put up with him as long as they are ahead in the polls or as long as the competitor is someone like O'Toole. JT has weathered a lot of controversies. It takes a LOT to oust a sitting PM and leader of the party, and regretfully, Canada does not have a maximum number of terms.

But it doesn't mean we can't critique his dumbass leadership. Wouldn't mind having a female PM like Chrystia Freeland.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2021, 09:23 AM   #2132
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Chrystia Freeland? I guess her previous work as Angela on MadTV might earn her the Millennial/Gen X vote.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:09 AM   #2133
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,609 Times in 1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Slap some black paint on his face, give millions to SNC, break ethics violations more times than any PM, double the countries debt from 150 years in just 2 years without legally having a budget, but O'Toole doesn't understand your f'd up version of climate change and that's it. Typical Canadian uniformed ball licker. We're doomed to Nanaimo intelligence.
Like you give a fuck about Trudeau in black face 20+ years ago
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2021, 11:36 AM   #2134
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,396 Times in 5,670 Posts
Well I think the black face is just part of the cumulative incompetence of his leadership.

Imo if you actually think Canada is in a better place with Turd these days as opposed to with Harper you’re either a blind liberal or you’re ignorant. There’s never been a leader plagued by non-stop scandal like this, likely in the history of the country. That’s without speaking to the way he’s essentially floundered on the world stage and put our country in an incredibly weak position globally.

Charles Adler on CKNW yesterday had the former CEO of GSK Canada, who had led the company for 15 years and he basically said that the lack of domestic vaccine production fell 100% on the current liberal party as they not only removed resources and priorities of domestic production, but at the same time torpedo’d relationships with companies like Pfizer etc (hence why turd never once actually picked up the phone and contacted the company directly)

It’s very disappointing that the Conservative party is so out of touch they can’t even patch together a mediocre assembly to challenge Turd. This is very similar to what happened in the states that if Donald trump had just been able to muster a half-ass campaign he probably would have won again. Same wirh the cons like all this stupid fucking climate denial and abortion opposition like for fuck sakes, but those issues aside and just create a party that has any sort of semblance of cohesion and you can probably take out the liberals..
Old 03-21-2021, 01:08 PM   #2135
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Well I think the black face is just part of the cumulative incompetence of his leadership.

Imo if you actually think Canada is in a better place with Turd these days as opposed to with Harper you’re either a blind liberal or you’re ignorant. There’s never been a leader plagued by non-stop scandal like this, likely in the history of the country. That’s without speaking to the way he’s essentially floundered on the world stage and put our country in an incredibly weak position globally.

Charles Adler on CKNW yesterday had the former CEO of GSK Canada, who had led the company for 15 years and he basically said that the lack of domestic vaccine production fell 100% on the current liberal party as they not only removed resources and priorities of domestic production, but at the same time torpedo’d relationships with companies like Pfizer etc (hence why turd never once actually picked up the phone and contacted the company directly)

It’s very disappointing that the Conservative party is so out of touch they can’t even patch together a mediocre assembly to challenge Turd. This is very similar to what happened in the states that if Donald trump had just been able to muster a half-ass campaign he probably would have won again. Same wirh the cons like all this stupid fucking climate denial and abortion opposition like for fuck sakes, but those issues aside and just create a party that has any sort of semblance of cohesion and you can probably take out the liberals..
I'm the definition of a swing voter. I was a Stephen Harper conservative and am a Justin Trudeau liberal (at least first term). If Jack Layton was alive today, I would be an NDP.

Honestly, the political board right now is such a shit show that I am forced to vote who I least disagree with.

The conservatives are just so fucked with the old mentality that they couldn't muster the young vote at all. They can't flip anyone and is happy to just keep power in the prairies like that would win them an election.

The NDP with Jagmeet Singh has some interesting ideas but no real plan. He's more shooting for the stars than anything real.

The liberals are ehhhhh ideally not who I would want to vote for with their current policies but they're better than the other two.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2021, 01:15 PM   #2136

Like, I can’t believe in saying this but I might vote for NDP given the current circumstances ffs..
Old 03-21-2021, 03:22 PM   #2137

I'm curious how many people would vote NDP to get rid of Trudeau if there wasn't a risk of it allowing the Cons to win.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 03-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #2138

Thanked 31,186 Times in 7,166 Posts
I certainly would, but I also think NDP lacks leadership at the federal level. I've been really happy with the NDP here in BC though, maybe more so than any government I've ever seen in power (where I live) since I have paid attention.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2021, 09:20 PM   #2139
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I certainly would, but I also think NDP lacks leadership at the federal level. I've been really happy with the NDP here in BC though, maybe more so than any government I've ever seen in power (where I live) since I have paid attention.
Not much to add to this conversation other than, I miss the Jack Layton Era. That was NDP at their peak I think. There was just a great sense of optimism and energy around the party, not just myself but with a lot of my circle as well. Many of which I didn't think we agreed on politically somehow. Think its been about 10 years right about now since his passing.
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:38 AM   #2140

Thanked 4,846 Times in 1,781 Posts
Federally I think I mostly align as a Liberal. However they don't have a hope in my riding (They finished 4th behind the conservatives), the race is between Green and NDP, so I vote NDP.

Funny thing is that the Green candidate for 2019 was the former Liberal candidate in 2015. I'll give him credit though, he actually canvassed my neighbourhood and came to my door.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 03-22-2021 at 10:52 AM.
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:15 PM   #2141

LOL!!! They are going to lose upwards of 400K a year. That's not much compared to the number of people they have and the number of videos they make.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:35 PM   #2142

Saw a facebook ad for this: https://vancouversun.com/sponsored/s...eTRjZkT79w660A

Quote:
Sports-Sponsored

Open Letter: Supporting the Beijing Winter Olympics benefits all athletes and beyond

The XXIV Olympic Winter Games (“Beijing Winter Olympics”) will be held in Beijing and Zhangjiakou in February 2022. Canadian athletes are a frequent sight amongst gold medalists in the Winter Olympics. Out of the seven major events, Canada has won Gold Medals in six. In Ice Hockey, Canada dominates (eight men’s Ice Hockey Gold Medals and four consecutive women’s Ice Hockey Gold Medals). Canada is a veritable winter sports powerhouse. In the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics, Canada won 11 Gold, eight Silver, and 10 Bronze Medals, ranking third overall in the standings. Canadians look forward to replicating and even surpassing in Beijing their success in PyeongChang.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:29 PM   #2143
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
The 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing is a difficult situation because it smells so much like the 1936 Berlin Olympics. On the other hand, if you don't participate, it is a huge blow to the athletes because every Olympic is basically the pinnacle of their athletic career.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:25 PM   #2144

Hold an alternative Winter games somewhere else, in a country of Canada's allies ... that will really embarrass China.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:34 PM   #2145
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,840 Times in 8,202 Posts
Call it the Nolympics and make it all about the sports and athletes, rather than dick wagging contests over who can build the most infrastructure that gets ignored for decades are
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:54 AM   #2146

Or just boycott everything outside of the events

No one attends opening and closing ceremonies, don’t do interviews with local press, etc.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:54 AM   #2147

The Olympics is such a pile of wasteful trash anyways.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2021, 02:46 PM   #2148
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,536 Times in 5,145 Posts
I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels that way... nothing against the athletes but they’re a sidebar to all the enrichment of powerful people that’s the real reason it keeps going on.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2021, 03:05 PM   #2149

I love the Olympic, always have

But it’s pretty clear since Athens or so, the modern day games is a bit of a sham
Old 03-25-2021, 08:52 AM   #2150
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
More Liberal patronage. $237 million contract for ventilators to an ex Liberal party MP, who insisted on payment upfront, only 500 delivered to Canadians and 20,000 sitting on the shelves. This pandemic has been a Liberal hay day for patronage, yet no one seems to mind

https://thepostmillennial.com/trudea...QQkYVcUaIGvFE0
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: