REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:18 AM   #76
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Exactly. I'm not saying that the OK sign is the new "nazi salute". But to some people it is. I'm not saying this guy is the symbol of white power, but to some people it is. The tiki torch is not a Nazi swastika, but to some people it is. And to my original point, I'm not saying Trump is Hitler. But to some people, he is.

And these people are organized, just not in the traditional way with a leader, etc. They are basically a non religious cult. They will do this shit to impress each other, and from that comes extremists like this guy.

"oh but they're just stupid meme lords, and this was just a crazy one"

Give me a fucking break.

btw I bet I can tell you who the Jordan Peterson fans are in here
You haven't made your idea of how to combat any of this any clearer. So far, all anyone has is that some guy killed a shitload of innocent people, and he had a fascination with memes and a hatred for outsiders (which isn't unique). How that makes anyone but him a direct threat to anything is beyond reaching, and at worst is borderline irresponsible.

Are you under the assumption that sites like 4chan are directly responsible for these kinds of attacks? If that's what you're saying, then you are attaching a definite conclusion to a site that is completely anonymous and without any kind of user data collection. Literally anyone could be posting racist garbage, you can't see who they are, so how can you conclude that they aren't just basement dwelling assholes? It could be the reverse, with the truth being that 4chan is the internet version of Al Qaeda, with hardened terrorists ready to strike the world at will. A hundred posts could in fact represent one person.

The actual truth is that it's not physically possible to say, so the best anyone has is that it was a deranged individual who took things too literally.
Advertisement

Last edited by Yodamaster; 03-18-2019 at 01:41 AM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:05 AM   #77
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
I did not realize the ok symbol is being adopted as a racist symbol...ive really been out of it lately wow!

I always use the ok symbol to things my gf says, and she thinks the ok symbol means anal sex lmao
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2019, 03:07 AM   #78
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
You haven't made your idea of how to combat any of this any clearer. So far, all anyone has is that some guy killed a shitload of innocent people, and he had a fascination with memes and a hatred for outsiders (which isn't unique). How that makes anyone but him a direct threat to anything is beyond reaching, and at worst is borderline irresponsible.

Are you under the assumption that sites like 4chan are directly responsible for these kinds of attacks? If that's what you're saying, then you are attaching a definite conclusion to a site that is completely anonymous and without any kind of user data collection. Literally anyone could be posting racist garbage, you can't see who they are, so how can you conclude that they aren't just basement dwelling assholes? It could be the reverse, with the truth being that 4chan is the internet version of Al Qaeda, with hardened terrorists ready to strike the world at will. A hundred posts could in fact represent one person.

The actual truth is that it's not physically possible to say, so the best anyone has is that it was a deranged individual who took things too literally.
Not sure how anything I said led you to the conclusion that 4chan is directly responsible for terror attacks, or that video games are as another person tried to say.

All I am saying is to be aware that there are types of terrorists that aren't just brown-skinned beard-donning religious zealots. There are pimple faced neckbeard having meme zealots too. Whether they're on 4chan or some other site I have no idea, but they're out there, they're trolling, and once in a while one goes and does something like this. I group incels in with them too, and they've done many attacks like this as well.

As for how to combat it, if I had the answer, you can be sure I would let the president of earth know about it, so all problems could be solved.

Maybe we've just been fighting against hatred in one form or another since enlightenment, and it's going to continue until the vast majority can just accept people for who they are - other people - and not spew hatred. The first step may be for people like you to stop assuming that one form of hatred is much less dangerous than another, just because bibles or scary sounding names like al quaeda aren't involved.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2019, 06:57 AM   #79
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
It sounds like you really don’t know where you stand on any of that. All your posts have just been these broad generalistions with zero substance.

Seems like having an opinion is offensive as well these days?

Last edited by Hondaracer; 03-18-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-18-2019, 07:33 AM   #80

It's funny, you're looking for me to make some outrageous claim so you can attack it with rhetoric. Not going to happen

I may be wrong about my points, and I can totally be convinced of that. I listen to everyone who is willing to speak intelligently. All I see are baseless attacks and logical fallacy though.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #81

Here, let's have one of these fuckwads spell it out for you:

This literal idiot has figured out what all this shit means, and is explaining it to the other morons... A lot of them are already in the know, but now people his IQ and lower will be in on it too. And so on.

I bet it won't be long until I hear some little shit repeat that line in the lobby in an upcoming Apex Legends game.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #82

Oh also from a few weeks or months ago, so this line has been used for a while now:

Like Trump, pewdiepie has no choice. He is now a symbol of hate and racism. Well he's probably racist anyway based on some shit he's done
Old 03-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #83
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Newzealand is banning the sale and ownership of all semi autos. In America, people would be upset because people are talking about gun control and the bodies are not even buried yet or some other B.S. excuss.

You can still buy bump stocks in the states. The ban starts on the 26th. I will be a felony to own one after that date. Who the hell is going to own something for a week and then turn it into the government?

Ar-15 bump stock with a 50 round drum magazine on sale for only $309.
I bet people are stocking up.

https://www.rwarms.com/products/slid...x-15-drum-kit/
Old 03-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #84
My homepage has been set to RS

It's pretty effective in what they've created. They have weaponized the trolling culture and its use of irony to create a hall of mirrors surrounding such “memes".

If they are persecuted they can simply retreat to a “free speech” defense which is what memes like the “OK sign” are designed to do.

A guy on twitter posting "OK sign" or Pepe the frog memes to promote white supremacy isn't going to get in the same trouble as a guy posting radical Islamic ideologies.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #85

According to tim pool if someone is doing the ok symbol it's ok to hit him in the nuts. It's a game white people play.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:07 AM   #86
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Only if it's below the waist.

Berz out.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #87
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,747 Times in 699 Posts
Did anyone here NOT play the okay below the waist game?

I used to play this game ALL the time!
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2019, 12:31 PM   #88
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post

Old 03-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #89
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:

I was going to say, this was a thing before the internet even existed. Dumb? Totally but when I was a teenager we'd do this shit. Would I do it as a 40 year old man today? No.

I can't comment on the poopy pie or shit sandwich or whatever name that streamer goes by, got no experience with it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #90
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I was going to say, this was a thing before the internet even existed. Dumb? Totally but when I was a teenager we'd do this shit. Would I do it as a 40 year old man today? No.
You need better friends.

Berz out.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #91
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
You need better friends.

Berz out.
Agreed, preferably some with big tits and low self esteem.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #92

Quote:

I only ever heard about it a few years ago.. I kept seeing videos referring to it, but I had no idea wtf it was about (this was before the WP controversy)

When I was a kid we'd play punch buggy and probably some other ones, but I don't recall this one
Old 03-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #93
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
iirc it's a game called asshole. cause the person that gets you is an asshole cause they're going to punch you in the arm and you call them as such haha.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:05 PM   #94

Nah it’s called Nazi memelord now

Hopefully here aren’t any pictures of you doing it back in 2002.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-19-2019, 07:18 PM   #95

Guy wears a maga hat to a vigil at York University.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:02 AM   #96
SiRVs up, dude

I hope someone shanks that guy

Edit: no harm intended, just making a reference to a video game I used to play as a teenager
Old 03-20-2019, 08:53 AM   #97
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
I hope someone shanks that guy

Edit: no harm intended, just making a reference to a video game I used to play as a teenager
Hopefully you have your knife out when you run to do it. Everyone knows you run faster with a knife out.

Berz out.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #98
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
According to tim pool if someone is doing the ok symbol it's ok to hit him in the nuts. It's a game white people play.
When I was in Nanaimo, I actually considered sending you a message to meet up. You've been around for a while, and I wanted to meet Manic. But it's shit like this that kept me from contacting you for a pint or a coffee. Your utter hatred of white people is evident in about half of your posts, and honestly, it's pretty gross.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2019, 03:44 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
When I was in Nanaimo, I actually considered sending you a message to meet up. You've been around for a while, and I wanted to meet Manic. But it's shit like this that kept me from contacting you for a pint or a coffee. Your utter hatred of white people is evident in about half of your posts, and honestly, it's pretty gross.
Seriously brown people don't punch each other in the nuts. You punch a brown guy in the nuts and a good chance you will get punched back. There are somethings white people do that other minority don't understand and there are a lot of things minorities do that white people don't understand.

Did you seriously bunch your buddies in the nuts when you where in Nanaimo?
Old 03-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #100

Brown guys just blind side strangers on Granville leaving them with brain injuries